• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

KageMurphy

Smash Master
June, with a good amount of people coming u should def require each car to bring a set up, 2 if they got room, sharing 2 TVs ain't gonna cut it if its more then 10 peoples ;(

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol lie at u breaking M2k's back...poor guy

hahahahaahahaha I saw all of those stream matches. M2k was so sick. He supported u so well, while be the aggro, while doing most of the damage, while getting most of the kills, and while battling alot of 2v1s. Think yer dream is crushed of winning a regional if u couldn't do it with M2k. My Nigerian brutha u gotta get them dubs smarts in. I tried to train u at that one tourney. A positive note is that u did get some nice nana lock kills. Don't be too hard on yourself just get better. We all will get better.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
lol lie at u breaking M2k's back...poor guy

hahahahaahahaha I saw all of those stream matches. M2k was so sick. He supported u so well, while be the aggro, while doing most of the damage, while getting most of the kills, and while battling alot of 2v1s. Think yer dream is crushed of winning a regional if u couldn't do it with M2k. My Nigerian brutha u gotta get them dubs smarts in. I tried to train u at that one tourney. A positive note is that u did get some nice nana lock kills. Don't be too hard on yourself just get better. We all will get better.
Dude, where do these posts even come from? You do realize you would not of done as well with M2K right?

You and FOW have proved nothing offline, good online tho, where no money is really on the line like offline. I'll put 50 dollars down in a bet with you that you and him don't crack top 5 at Genesis, take the bet if you're so confident. PROVE ME WRONG!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Lol, Mekos = the new doubles genius. Inui better watch out.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
*Burning with passion* I accept your challenge Kage!! lol Online means nothing your correct. But online or offline u can still see the options people do and whether they are a smart player or not. I'm so excited because Fow is the first partner I have had that has a certain level of individual skill and knows how to play dubs correctly. This is our chance!! I'll do my best I promise. Already, I am trying to train but Fow doesn't feel like it until summer time :(

Omni lol I got that dude man. I've noticed alot of people have hype around them cuz they have had the ability to attend many tourneys. I still have to prove myself/get my name out there but when I get the chance all goes well ;). At pound 5 I had a terrible teammate but I teamed with gnes for dubs friendlies and MMs and we didn't lose one GAME to anyone including top level players like Anti. My point is I know what I'm talking about.

And I guarantee I would have done better than that with M2k;). There is certain things u do in dubs and he didn't do it. One thing that I have been trying to train lie and Junebug is that u don't throw immediately in dubs. Sometimes that is a free kill. Pummeling an opponent opens up so many options. They can be hit by the teamate. There partner might try to rush and save them. So many options to punish these new variables opened up. Most of the time Lie would just throw them quickly cuz that is what he does in singles. Humble yer selves and take my advice.
Some people have it naturally like M2k. When u see someone dominating a dubs match it is because they are doing certain things. Analyze and figure out what that is. I know what that is and I do it. So when I see other people not doing it, I know that is why they aren't doing so well in the match. U can get away with yer singles skills only only at a certain level. At high level play to win u have to incorporate dubs smarts. Or u wont take the gold.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
It's a beautiful thing when both players have dubs smarts and have strategies and tactics. You can then feel the synergy. A team has synergy when both players know when to heal or support each other without having to say it out loud. Speaking takes seconds and those seconds are crucial in matches.

I remember when me and June played Segual and Cheese. They tried to do a gay strat with double MK and time us out on BF. Cheese hit June and they ran to the edge. June got fustrated and hyped and said "What are we gonna do, shoot". I calmed him down and said "don't worry about it. Stay in the middle of the stage and stick to our strat". We dominated that match after I used pika thunder to force them to fight us.

In the end u have to gain a dubs strat and tactics and stick to it. If u do that and lose then it is time to adapt. The thing is most people don't have this they just go in blindly playing. That will only take u so far. This is why ADHD and Ally got swept at pound 5. They are both extremely good individual players but together had no strats or tactics(Teamwork) to take out a pro double MK team. So they got flustered and eventually even went random.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Meko's is the guy straight from animes who appears like the second arc and humbles one of the cocky main characters and forces him to over come the shame and bounce back(Rock Lee/Sasuke), this guys posts are gold when he talks about dubs. I'm going to write an anime based on MD/VA, Mekos inspiring dubs play and pen work! :017:

junebug

Smash Journeyman
dang, didn't expect this much hype for the fest.

think i should make a thread to organize attendance? also, zant and tant, can you both bring set ups if you read this? thanks. :)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Not to be a jerk mekos but pumelling an opponent when you grab him or her is doubles 101, you didn't come up with it. I will say though that you are really good at talking with your team mate which I rarely see anyone do so well.

:phone:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I felt like NOID and I have very good teamwork once he had a general strategy down

I just needed to play better, i have the right ideas i just need to execute. Seagull and I also worked very well together as well as Coney.

LMFAO @ joe

june- i'm bringing 2 setups get at me

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Not to be a jerk mekos but pumelling an opponent when you grab him or her is doubles 101, you didn't come up with it. I will say though that you are really good at talking with your team mate which I rarely see anyone do so well.

lol I agree. I didn't say I made that up. If u watched lie play or most dubs matches on youtube u will see alot of people fail to do that. There are many more things like this. It doesn't come natural for most people cuz they play dubs like they play singles.

I guarantee u if Lie did this simple doubles 101 tactic him and M2k would have got top 2 at least. I saw all of the free kills and damage lost from his fail to do this constantly.
I don't know if yall remember but at yer last tourney GIMR that I was at I coached Lie and Will for their second match and helped them almost have a comback. I was drilling in their head tactics to work together. I also, was coaching them to stay focused on working together. They were very far behind and almost had an amazing comeback. The first and third match they didn't have it and lost terribly. U can see those vids on youtube. IF u watch malcom and vinnie they are implementing dubs smarts. That's why it was no competition. All of those players are around the same individual skill but one team had teamwork while the other didn't even do dubs 101 tactics ;)

I felt like NOID and I have very good teamwork once he had a general strategy down

I just needed to play better, i have the right ideas i just need to execute. Seagull and I also worked very well together as well as Coney.

LMFAO @ joe
nice Tant. But that is part of it. The teamate also need to have the individual skill and mindset(remember to do the strat and not revert back to singles tactics) to be able to execute the strategy and tactics.

In NC i taught this Pika player an awesome strat. When he could do it he held his own. But he didn't have the individual skill to execute constantly and just kept getting *****.

It's good you have found your faults. Now train!

Mekos is the doubles god. I wanna see this guy wreck people at Genesis with Lucas.
:) I like the term "Doubles Pro"

Meko's is the guy straight from animes who appears like the second arc and humbles one of the cocky main characters and forces him to over come the shame and bounce back(Rock Lee/Sasuke), this guys posts are gold when he talks about dubs. I'm going to write an anime based on MD/VA, Mekos inspiring dubs play and pen work! :017:
hahaha thanks man. I try not to get to deep. I might write a dubs guide. If I do it will be after genesis 2. I want to get some credentials first lol. I have been unlucky with where I have lived for my smash career.

falco03

Smash Lord
if you only knew how good ally/anti were

they beat adhd m2k

anti goes even with m2k and ally beats hims by a very tiny bit

m2k said it himself theres no teammate he can get that can beat anti ally

to be honest the only person i wanna team with is june

i only mm match ups that i strguggle with so i can lose playing my hardest than i ask for advice.you get better with consistence. i build off what anti ally m2k gnes adhd junebug omni neo and everyone tells me to build my own logic. This is random lol

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
At least missing out on the fest means I can play some more Minus before I have to start playing Vanilla again... To anyone that hasn't played minus, I suggest you do.

Hope everyone has fun at June's fest. And give 2fast a ride, this kid's itching to play y'all.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
if you only knew how good ally/anti were

they beat adhd m2k

anti goes even with m2k and ally beats hims by a very tiny bit

m2k said it himself theres no teammate he can get that can beat anti ally

to be honest the only person i wanna team with is june

i only mm match ups that i strguggle with so i can lose playing my hardest than i ask for advice.you get better with consistence. i build off what anti ally m2k gnes adhd junebug omni neo and everyone tells me to build my own logic. This is random lol

My poor Nigerian brother. U still don't have any understanding. I don't give a freak what m2k said. Of course adhd and m2k would lose to ally/anti. Adhd is my boy but doesn't use teamwork like what I'm talking about. He ***** so well soley on his singles skills. If he incorporated dubs teamwork they could win. U can tell they don't do what I'm talking about and play with mere natural talent because the top players switch teammates constantly.

M2k doesn't know every smasher in the world. There are things I have seen online that I have never seen at tourny. NOt every one can travel and has chances to prove them self like u lie and get there name out. The dubs metagame has a long way to go. That is why it excites me so. So take his comment for based off of what he has seen. Basically all the smashers that travel to most of the regional/national tourneys.

I know how good ANti/Ally. They are probably the top team in the US smash community. Doesn't mean u can't beat them. That defeatist attitude is ugly. But I guess it is expected from a community known for having a solid foundation for splitting.

I agree that u do better with consistency. Get consistent with pummeling when u grab. Diddy has one of the best grabs in the game. U can do it! I believe in u! Start with that for yer dubs training!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
My poor Nigerian brother. U still don't have any understanding. I don't give a freak what m2k said. Of course adhd and m2k would lose to ally/anti. Adhd is my boy but doesn't use teamwork like what I'm talking about. He ***** so well soley on his singles skills. If he incorporated dubs teamwork they could win. U can tell they don't do what I'm talking about and play with mere natural talent because the top players switch teammates constantly.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
normally if your execution is good enough, you can do a through and get the same kill move off that you would have through pummel

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Um...June imo is an amazing player. And that shows by his awesome placing in singles and even in dubs.

I have the "resolve" (ill use yer word lol) to win a national in dubs. And to do that a different mentality is needed. Our teamwork is definitely not at that level. I want it to get there and I know it can. There are times when the level we should be playing at happens and I love it. Omni remember WF of that one tourney where we beat u and Takeover. That was it! We lost GF not because of you and takeover(no offense) but because our teamwork was not the same. Compare the two sets and u will see.

Currently, me and fow do have the level of teamwork to take one home. We will see what happens at genesis 2. I just want a solid team over hear on the EC to dominate with. Dubs is so awesome but u can't play it like singles. There are a few things that one should utilize in dubs and if they aren't it is very easy to tell that they don't have the smarts. I'll give one "Mekos dubs" tips. U should always have yer spacing so that if yer teamate gets hit or grabbed u can punish the opponent that did the crime lol. Now, if u watch most youtube dubs vids u don't see this happening constintly like it should according to that tip i just gave right? Instead u see 2 1v1s on opposite sides of the stage battling. I don't wanna get to deep. But the fact that I dominate with a low tier in dubs is because I utilize these smarts. For example, a solid marth player like neo ***** me in singles. He covered all options and there was nothing i could do. But in dubs if he doesn't have the "dubs smarts" then i can in turn **** him. But if he does the outcome will be the same. Sadly, again most smashers don't have this and I abuse that ;)

No offense but one example that u can tell we need to work on our "dubs smarts" here is that June and logic lost that 2v1 against chibo. He was in killing % why both of them weren't and they lost. There is no excuse for that but that they got outsmarted and outplayed. gotta get better and win a national!
Mekos to be quite honest your an amazing player an all, but instead of blaming june for his shortcomings, you should really look at yourself. The reason me and omni beat you guys in grand finals because we simply stepped it up. Sure you guys didn't utilize the strat good because we didn't let you guys do it. When strategies start breaking down you have to know how to handle situations upon your own self to really become a great teams player. That is why June is a beast in that respect. Mekos you still have a lot more to learn about this game to become a better player. I'm not trying to take any shots at you, I'm just stating that you also have alot to learn about dubs and this game and I truly think you can.

dang, didn't expect this much hype for the fest.

think i should make a thread to organize attendance? also, zant and tant, can you both bring set ups if you read this? thanks. :)
I can bring 2 small TVs, and maybe my medium size 1. My Wii broke almost completely recently, like it's broken forever now and will never play a Wii game ever again. But at least it still plays GameCube games

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I can bring 2 small TVs, and maybe my medium size 1. My Wii broke almost completely recently, like it's broken forever now and will never play a Wii game ever again. But at least it still plays GameCube games
USB loader.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol I get annoyed reading meko's post about being an amazing player in dubs.. good players adapt as omni said.. great players adapt and download the next match as if they had no choice.. i.e Anti/Ally/Adhd. They all learn so fast just from playing one match.. Imo I think your decent at this game.. but amazing with your character.. I wouldn't think you and Jason woulda got top 3.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Someone mad salty on mekos lol. Good thing I didn't quote :8. I think your good in teams mekos. Maybe I should get some lessons cause I've always been bad in teams lol. Singles I can figure out slowly :8. Gonna take some rare candys!

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Hoodbridge needs to learn how to drive or get a damn car jeez.........

Oh and if your clean and won't make a mess I'll be going to June's place so may offer ride for 5 depending on where you live!

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
nice double posts renan..

who want to go see movies after June's smashfest ?? O_o
one was on my cell other on PC :p and probably not to movie cause possibly seeing hangover 2 today! and we know how everyone wants to see that....

(For Cafe)
*Jungle music plays* *Renan raises his hands in the air!*

Lmao who edited my Post? they edited and re-fixed it....

Top Bottom