• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
candy was at gamepad and he's going to xanadu
lie was at nova's and wanted to go mlg
I just played with sin/Deez yesterday

yall need to work on your list of people that quit
by quit i mean lacking severe attendence or will be lacking

i remember candy telling me he wouldnt be able to come anymore after a certain period.
lie was at nova's and... that's it, lol.
and i havent seen sin and deez at a tournament in forever.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
by quit i mean lacking severe attendence or will be lacking

i remember candy telling me he wouldnt be able to come anymore after a certain period.
lie was at nova's and... that's it, lol.
and i havent seen sin and deez at a tournament in forever.
basically.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
super false
How? These people haven't played brawl seriously for a year or so. Because of that their skill has stayed the same and all of ours has increased. People seriously have to get off the old MD/VA's nads and realize that that era is over and if we want to be as good as we were back then(relatively) then the current players need to step it up. Old pros aren't gonna save our region. Only we can.

Also, MD/VA was never amazing at this game. All the other regions just sucked at that time.

hova

Smash Champion
Brawl isn't a hard game to get back into

any good player could close the gap in a month

for the most part, people placing higher at tournies has more to do with the good people not being there then it does with those individuals own improvement

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR

for the most part, people placing higher at tournies has more to do with the good people not being there then it does with those individuals own improvement
That's a ridiculous statement especially since you haven't been to a tournament for ages. Prove it and ill believe you. Also, I 3 stocked chillin the last time I played him in tourney a year ago and he was one of our top players. Besides him azen was really the only person to place well that quit.

hova

Smash Champion
i didn't say people would show up and automatically be good. you beating Chillin proves nothing

i've never gone to tournies... really

i have played people here and there so i actually have more to go off of than you do :p

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
i didn't say people would show up and automatically be good. you beating Chillin proves nothing

i've never gone to tournies... really

i have played people here and there so i actually have more to go off of than you do :p
LOL, how do you know who I've played?

You must be trolling :chuckle:

hova

Smash Champion
lmao@ Lobos... i still remember beating you down in that crew battle son

GIMR... doesn't matter who you've played because i know you haven't been beating up on the former good people for a month while they failed to improve

you can shut me up at Omni's next Thursday

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR

GIMR... doesn't matter who you've played because i know you haven't been beating up on the former good people for a month while they failed to improve
How is this fair? Of course I haven't played them, they don't play anymore. It's just a common fact that when people stop doing something they stay at the same skill level where as people who continue to do it get better depending on how serious they are about getting better.

Also who do you consider top players?(the ones that quit)

Ps: got work next Thursday, will have to wreck you some other time.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I 3 stocked azen the tourny he went to after he won
I'm really doubtful players we used to have would come back and beat top players we currently have

Takeover1806

Smash Champion

**** Hova that statement actually hurts.

I mean you may be right but ****. lol

I feel that not only myself but the new pro's in this region came a long way.

Lobos

Smash Master

you can shut me up at Omni's next Thursday
that was like a year ago LMAO :awesome:

hova

Smash Champion
that was like a year ago LMAO :awesome:
i will forever and always be way better than you

Also, hova when we playing again?
when you drive over here

I'm really doubtful players we used to have would come back and beat top players we currently have
you know how I know you're a scrub nub PS...

of all people you decide to talk **** on Azen. he's md/va's own personal Yu-gi-oh... show some respect

hova

Smash Champion
don't worry Inui, i expect nothing but f@ggotry from the Brawl community

there's a reason why top players were winning tournies while the little nublets were only worried about breaking top 20

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It would be so cool if azen started playing again
he was so fun to watch in melee and brawl

hova

Smash Champion
Also, MD/VA was never amazing at this game. All the other regions just sucked at that time.
Also, I 3 stocked chillin the last time I played him in tourney a year ago
w/e
and people wonder why the community is split now

I know why the community is split... basically the newer players get way over hyped for what they perceive as accomplishments and run their mouth... this in turn annoys everyone

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Just when I though I knew my history. good read

there's a reason why top players were winning tournies while the little nublets were only worried about breaking top 20
It boils down to experience. They started playing smash competitively in 2002. Admittedly, some people like azen have a natural affinity for video games. Chillin pretty much was average and worked hard to get good(didn't hurt that azen was his main source of practice).

Either way I'm pretty sure if I had started in 2002 instead of 2007 and kept with it(especially when i gauge my rate of improvement from early 2007 to the end), I would've won more tournies. shrug

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Hova is garbage in both brawl and melée

Why must the scrubs be the one talking the most ****? I mean at least I'm good at one of the games...but to not be able to place good at BOTH of the games?! **** that's like a smash curse :-o

U better hope they have some harvest moon tourneys or your *** is out of luck of making Money from tourneys :)

hova

Smash Champion
@ slik... i'm just talking about Brawl really. being good at melee definitely helped in Brawl, but it was still pretty much a clean slate for everyone. there were clearly dominant people at the beginning of brawl while others struggled

@ candy... you really like to front on the boards

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
its not my fault you only say that on the boards....last time you were talking about brawl in person at chillins place, i called you out on that too....dont talk down about brawl in a brawl thread and not expect a comeback

chillindude829

Smash Master
LMAO @ candy talking about making money off tourneys

what do u make, $20 a month? man ur sooo pro

no one in the md/va area has any bragging rights for brawl whatsoever, you all suck

md/va was good at brawl at exactly one point in time: when me and azen cared

we stopped caring, md/va started sucking

u can say all u want about experience or w/e but thats what it boils down to

Top Bottom