• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

chillindude829

Smash Master
nope, not at all

there was a very good reason i stopped playing: brawl sucks really bad

i mean i literally came back from a 6 month hiatus once already and won my first tourney back. i dont doubt at all i could still do it, just the game is too bad for me to want to

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Chillin going in, sucks the TO Blue color was randomly removed, your name just ain't the same haha. Since Azen is outta jail tho he should play again and ****.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
there really isn't any reason to

chillin is free. he has access to SF4, TvC, Melee, drunk bomberman, 4 player advance wars, and more Melee.

there's really no reason for him to come back except to torture himself

chillindude829

Smash Master
Nah man I play games for fun, I don't have fun with brawl. Its a nice thought but if I could get azen to practice and commit to a tourney (which I can't) then id def put all my efforts toward getting groom blue ready to win melee at pound

Lobos

Smash Master
Nah man I play games for fun, I don't have fun with brawl. Its a nice thought but if I could get azen to practice and commit to a tourney (which I can't) then id def put all my efforts toward getting groom blue ready to win melee at pound
I would rather see you guys do this.....pound 2/3 was amazing cuz our region was so legit......except when you guys lost to some kids LMAO :awesome:

Hova remember that time I kept beating your marth over and over and then I farted really loud on your bed LMAO :awesome:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I know why the community is split... basically the newer players get way over hyped for what they perceive as accomplishments and run their mouth... this in turn annoys everyone
I'm not a new player though. I played Melee and went to Melee tournaments in MD/VA. I was even at Pound 2. I played Melee competitively for 2 or 3 years before Brawl came out. I just had no one to play so my growth was very minimal.

Secondly, I never said I didn't respect old pros. I'm just not gonna put them on some pedastal and say, "These are the best player we ever had and ever will have" That's basically what you're saying Hova, and it's ridiculous. Plus your biasness is through the charts. You originated in the Melee community and were friends with these guys.

md/va was good at brawl at exactly one point in time: when me and azen cared

we stopped caring, md/va started sucking
This isn't really fair. At the beginning of Brawl, MD/VA was the best because of you, Azen, Forte, and the fact that the other regions weren't good at the game yet. Right before you 2 quit you weren't doing well at nationals. Azen got 17th at COT4 and lost to Vex(Who is and still is a good player but he isn't on super pro status like you "ledgends")

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
so I just wanna make sure... working to be good at brawl means nothing, and I will never be better than our melee players because yall don't want to get off their nuts?

Omni

BRoomer
all i know is that i can **** all of you in brawl, melee, sf4, mario kart, and bomberman blast

@slik: having melee origins has nothing to do with being good at brawl. it helps, but clearly you can see that wasn't the case in regards to oldbies like Chu or "newbies" like Forte and Candy.

the reason why Chillin and Azen were so dominant early on was because they got the game early and H2YL put in a lot of training time together. they held on to their dominance and the only people that started giving them a run for their money was forte, candy, plank, me, and neo. oh and YO, lmfao

chillindude829

Smash Master
This isn't really fair. At the beginning of Brawl, MD/VA was the best because of you, Azen, Forte, and the fact that the other regions weren't good at the game yet. Right before you 2 quit you weren't doing well at nationals. Azen got 17th at COT4 and lost to Vex(Who is and still is a good player but he isn't on super pro status like you "ledgends")
the last "national" tournament i remember going to for brawl was a november c3 where dsf and m2k came, and azen and i both got top 5, or maybe ch3 where me and azen both got top 3. then there was the last tourney i went to before i went back to VA tech and basically quit brawl, which was hat's tourney where MK was banned and i 2 stocked m2k and atomsk over and over and won easily.

so wait how was i not doing well at nationals before i quit? azen went to cot4 months after i'd stopped playing, and i was his main training partner so it makes sense he did badly. he only played when his good friends were playing, so as soon as we stopped he stopped for the most part

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
something I find really funny is that Chillin is a really cocky player. PS is also a cocky player and Chillin pretty much doesn't like him because of this.

Also, @Chillin: Your MD/VA history hour is pretty good so far, keep it up

chillindude829

Smash Master
?? is ps cocky? ps never came off to me as cocky, just kind of a douchebag who doesnt seem to have respect for anyone

and gimr did u literally just ignore my post completely refuting what u said and change the subject because u were wrong or what

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
?? is ps cocky? ps never came off to me as cocky, just kind of a douchebag who doesnt seem to have respect for anyone

and gimr did u literally just ignore my post completely refuting what u said and change the subject because u were wrong or what
Actually I posted right around the same time as you. I'm not gonna look up your tournament history to see if you're right or wrong, link me to it?

Who did you beat to get top 5?

just kind of a douchebag who doesnt seem to have respect for anyone
You do know a lot of people think this about you right?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
all i know is that i can **** all of you in brawl, melee, sf4, mario kart, and bomberman blast

@slik: having melee origins has nothing to do with being good at brawl. it helps, but clearly you can see that wasn't the case in regards to oldbies like Chu or "newbies" like Forte and Candy.

the reason why Chillin and Azen were so dominant early on was because they got the game early and H2YL put in a lot of training time together. they held on to their dominance and the only people that started giving them a run for their money was forte, candy, plank, me, and neo. oh and YO, lmfao
This statement is only partially true

Also, I gave chillin a run for his money in Brawl in 08, he was hungover, **** good **** me

chillindude829

Smash Master
Actually I posted right around the same time as you. I'm not gonna look up your tournament history to see if you're right or wrong, link me to it?

Who did you beat to get top 5?

You do know a lot of people think this about you right?
top 5 at c3? i beat seibrik and plank and uhh i cant remember who else. im not gonna look up a ****in results thread from 08 lol, look it up yourself, i told you how i placed. do u really think id lie to u about 2 year old results? im just trying to prove a point, point being that azen and i werent "doing bad at nationals" before i quit as u implied earlier

and really, do a lot of people think that about me? seems like its just you. im actually quite surprised by u being all hostile all of a sudden, i thought we were cool but i guess you have a soft spot for ps or somethin?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
top 5 at c3? i beat seibrik and plank and uhh i cant remember who else. im not gonna look up a ****in results thread from 08 lol, look it up yourself, i told you how i placed. do u really think id lie to u about 2 year old results? im just trying to prove a point, point being that azen and i werent "doing bad at nationals" before i quit as u implied earlier

and really, do a lot of people think that about me? seems like its just you. im actually quite surprised by u being all hostile all of a sudden, i thought we were cool but i guess you have a soft spot for ps or somethin?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206705

Chillin outplaced (no brackets were posted for this)

7: Chudat
9: Plank
9. JCaesar
9. Candy
9: NEO
13. Forte
13. Pyronic~Star
13. Meep
17. Seibrik
17. Korn
17. G-reg
17. Slikvik
33. Kadaj

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I actually think you're pretty cool. But when I first met you I thought you were a douche, I guess it's just your persona that makes you seem that way at face value. In the same way, I'm good friends with PS, and I know that he seems sort of like a douche when you don't know him well. But he's actually a really cool guy.

And it's not fair to say that I'm being hostile all of the sudden, you're the one that flat out posted you didn't like some one and that he's the problem with the community when you haven't been in the community for 2 years and you don't even know him that well.

But in the end, I just realized this whole debate sparked off of a comment Inui made. knowing that now, I'd rather not argue with my fellow MD/VAers about a hypothetical situation that's never gonna happen anyways. Know what I mean?

So why don't we just conclude with this. '08 MD/VA pros were the best in the business at the beginning of brawl. The only person they really couldn't beat was M2K. They quit early and probably would've still been pros this day if they kept at it. there's really no way to know:cool:

Omni

BRoomer
how can a guy named chillindude be a douchebag

he's just chillin... dude.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Idk gimr I like to think most people see me as a funny guy and I have assholish humor, hopefully people realize that's just my style of humor

Anyway u took the fun out of this by being all civil and making a very logical post

Lame

Omni

BRoomer
i think chillin is more of an ***
while ps is more of a douchebag

big difference

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i have respect for most people
but it is kinda hard to respect someone who dislikes you for no reason, says your the problem with a game, and will never give credit to any non-melee player

yea tant, he out placed me then... i wasn't that good back then, i mean its not like i had a 6 year heads start in competitive smash

Lobos

Smash Master
Idk gimr I like to think most people see me as a funny guy and I have assholish humor, hopefully people realize that's just my style of humor

Anyway u took the fun out of this by being all civil and making a very logical post

Lame
**** your **** chillin :awesome:

NKB can eat a **** too

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
outside of the game logic is cool

but soon as brawl breaks out he turns into a douchebag...not all the time tho..you are helpful with the advice you give me sometimes

well tourney atleast...I haven't seen it much lately tho but thats prolly cuz most of the people you have been playing I wanted you to beat them...lol

Omni

BRoomer
6 year headstart? no johns.

see: forte + chudat early brawl days

chillindude829

Smash Master
Yea as we saw the headstart was almost meaningless, the games are too different

Lmao @ this ***** lobos, lobos is like if u went to the h2yl store to buy a jtanic but u were on a budget

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Does anybody know when and where teh first smash tournament ever was and how many people attended?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
PS is cool outside of brawl, I mean we hanged a bit he seems like a very nice guy. I mean everyone is a douche on here. Then when you meet them outside of the boards they can be cool except Bmx, other than that meh. It's pointless arguing on about who's the douche who's the *******, it's your opinion many people can agree many people don't have to, your views vs other's in the end you're just either, not giving someone a chance or you just plan don't like them.

Top Bottom