• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mcallen (The Valley) BiWeeklies Next Tournament (Disscus)

Broly

Smash Lord
I was hoping with smbu some upstate players would come down. But smbu was scaled down and rushed to early. Maybe if the entire valley crew was devoted to setting up a tournament with plenty of advertising time we could have a touranment with a 400$ pot
i dont mind running one, but idk if brownsville is too far/unattractive for a big event...any ideas?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I vote for october 25. Gives us plenty of time to advertise and we can use the profits we make from the tournament to take the entire rgv crew to g-kon on nov 11th

Broly

Smash Lord
well, we must all agree...n i say oct. 25th is fine...see if u can post a thread n ill add on to it...for now its in b'ville

Magik0722

Smash Champion
But what venues are in brownsville? Basicly, what previous tournaments venues in brownsville were used. I'm 100% unfamilar with Brownsville.

Broly

Smash Lord
VVG'S is the one we use for tournies...it can hold bout 40+ ppl, and have alotta stations, but we could do cyber comics

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
i suggest make this next biweekly the last one to have melee...so brawl can be faster and maybe add doubles

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well the last tournament i had we had less TVs than usual since 3 people who brought the TVs the first time didnt come. Hopfully this one people will bring more TVs and having melee there also will not be a problem.

defsithe

Smash Ace
VVG i dont think can support a large tourny there. in my opinion there isnt enough room with the couches. and the tvs r the big kind. and as for smbu the valley crew is basically 4-5 people now no were as big as the like 15+ we had before.

i say u should try to find a better venue in the mcallen area. or brownsville

tsetse

Smash Lord
the mouse speaks the truth vc crew is not really commited at all to smash. But at the same time I agree with majoras. We need to focus on brawl meleee is done for due to the commercial success of brawl. Is it a less fun game yes but numbers matter and tourney wise brawl will outnumber melée from this point forward

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
rey, on your user CP you can add a little face of a brawl character to all the messages you post...you should add your fav character like fox ^.^...
...and yeah doubles for brawl should be on every tournament like it was on melee.

Broly

Smash Lord
hmm, its early so not alot of ppl try dubs, they focus so much on singles but try to stress dubs more, n idk if im goin to this, im looking 4 ride, lol.

tsetse

Smash Lord
biweeklies dont tend to do to good. Best thing is to host smashfests with your friends and and then have a big tournie like once a month or every two months.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
nooooooooo dont give up on melee!! ;_;

lol, i was going through this thread to see if the valley was gonna host any large melee tourneys any time soon. If so, please keep me informed :) cave and i dont play brawl, but would definitely come down for a big melee tourney. it'd be good to see everyone again, its been forEVER!

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
you guys should have come to mexico with us to the smash-mex to play the twins, that was a big melee tournament.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well... all the information in the OP of this thread. But I sometimes invite various smashers to my place on weekdays to play some friendlies also. If you want to join us sometime leave me some contact info.

defsithe

Smash Ace
nooooooooo dont give up on melee!! ;_;

lol, i was going through this thread to see if the valley was gonna host any large melee tourneys any time soon. If so, please keep me informed :) cave and i dont play brawl, but would definitely come down for a big melee tourney. it'd be good to see everyone again, its been forEVER!
:agrees: and it has been forever the valley misses u guys, and u should have gone to smashmex like majora said.

defsithe

Smash Ace
apparently they r having UPLOADED 3 this saturday at cyber comics. which is odd cuz demon jim didnt post a thread or anything. so dont expect smash to be big there or whatever. i just learned this today just thought i would let u no. find their myspace and they have it in their blog if u want info on it.

also mikey makes a return to the valley this weekend for labor day so he might hit up this bi-weekly or cyber comics just depends if i feel like driving

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Yeah i asked him to post on the RGV thread when he gets on. But heres what he told me

somewhere around 20-25$ each person if the amount of people confirmed right now are going, if more come or if some leave, then the amount will be different obviously.

Broly

Smash Lord
ok, well i need to kno if the housing at college station is fine w/ him, and how many fit in his car? cuz the lis that wanna go is boss, pax, me, vash, danilo, and gus.

defsithe

Smash Ace
everyone owes me money. and boss took my controller again. i need it so i can play mario kart with 4 people(without wii wheel)

Magik0722

Smash Champion
how did boss take your controller again? have you even seen him since San antonio?

Anyways the car is just an average car with 6 seats so 6 people semi-comforatably, 7 people uncomfortably.

defsithe

Smash Ace
smbu 3 mikey n boss there
what broly said.

also u all should drop brawl and pick up mario kart. it is too ****ing good. i played it like everyday last week. mario kart tourny let the real RANDOM game have a tourny. :chuckle::chuckle:

anyways

what were the placings at cyber comics?

Broly

Smash Lord
what broly said.

also u all should drop brawl and pick up mario kart. it is too ****ing good. i played it like everyday last week. mario kart tourny let the real RANDOM game have a tourny. :chuckle::chuckle:

anyways

what were the placings at cyber comics?
id play but i cant throw items, so i play legit....lolz, n idk, i didnt go to tourny

Are we gonna ave to meet boss in mission o wut?

Top Bottom