• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MBR Application Process is Closed

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Depends on this coin flip...

*coin lands on edge*

*shrugs*

*:troll:*

Edit:

*:troll:* looks like a troll with cheerleader pompoms. :awesome:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I imagine that at some point everyone who didn't get accepted will get a PM title'd "MBR Application" and the only text inside the PM would be "The game."

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Nope. I do have some resistance to infractions iirc. And can move stuff around on the Sheik board if I feel like it.

I've contemplated unstickying Plank's Sheik guide just because but it actually has some useful stuff so I've resisted the urge to do so :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Discussion Leader is like Diet Moderator Lite.

We were supposed to stir up discussion and keep things focused on productive talk in our respective character boards. I was also supposed to provide updates and suggestions as to how to streamline the board and keep everything neat and tidy. So that's what I did for a while. But then the Sheik board died and I stopped being asked for updates. I still conveniently have the title, and if it ever becomes active again I'll do my best to alleviate spam, but for now it's completely dead.

I also still have minor resistance to normal moderators. VaNz, Teczero, and Mogwai have all told me they can't infract me. But it's not total immunity; I think Jungle can do it.

I just like Puppetmon. He's cool. He's got voodoo dolls. He can take control of people. He hits people with a hammer that shoots lasers. He and Piedmon were actually interesting to me because their powers were varied and creative. But I still like Puppetmon more because of how childish he seems in the Japanese and because Bullet Hammer is the funniest weapon ever.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I also liked Piedmon.
but Magna-Angemon's "I'm not hungry" response ***** him

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Angels were so ridiculous on that show.

edit: Angemon actually a different evolution theme than the others when he evolved to Magna-Angemon in the Japanese version. Because he's a badass like that.

D

Deleted member

Discussion Leader is like Diet Moderator Lite.

We were supposed to stir up discussion and keep things focused on productive talk in our respective character boards. I was also supposed to provide updates and suggestions as to how to streamline the board and keep everything neat and tidy. So that's what I did for a while. But then the Sheik board died and I stopped being asked for updates. I still conveniently have the title, and if it ever becomes active again I'll do my best to alleviate spam, but for now it's completely dead.

I also still have minor resistance to normal moderators. VaNz, Teczero, and Mogwai have all told me they can't infract me. But it's not total immunity; I think Jungle can do it.
Mods can move/combine/close delete threads, give infractions, search IPs through the MODCP and can post in the Staffer Shack. Mods at equal levels cannot infract each other. So far your description is that of a base level moderator that cannot issue infractions.

Moderators really only have two functions from what I remember from the mod guidelines: to encourage diplomacy and to help members get along, or if that fails, to tell people when to stop posting. I suppose "discussion leader" wouldn't really address either of them, so you got a new user category? Kinda cool I suppose.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah, our job was never really to make people get along. We were just there to keep topics on track and reduce spam. And reorganize the boards. But the Sheik board was already pretty much a handful of threads anyway so that wasn't really necessary.

There were a few other people that became Discussion Leaders but most of them were for Brawl boards iirc.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Can't be too much longer. The original induction was supposed to be April 1st lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah, our job was never really to make people get along. We were just there to keep topics on track and reduce spam. And reorganize the boards. But the Sheik board was already pretty much a handful of threads anyway so that wasn't really necessary.

There were a few other people that became Discussion Leaders but most of them were for Brawl boards iirc.
Are you in the MBR yet?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No. I posted my application and applied for group membership. Not sure what else I'm supposed to do. I figured I was supposed to get in, since Cactuar said I was going to be a regional leader but I've not heard from anyone, nor have I gotten the PM...

Top Bottom