• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MBR Application Process is Closed

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Sorry for the location mistakes. If I got something wrong, don't hesitate, tell me !

Also, thanks to Teczero for fixing this :)

Edit :
Any other errors?

Slhoka - If you'd like the revised list let me know, I'll send it to you.
No, thank you. I actually use a spreadsheet that formats the bbcode and everything automatically, so I don't really have any use for the transformed list.

Edit 2 : And anyway, I can have it by quoting the post lol

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
why don't you pay your 3 year old debts, *******

LOL

you know you still owe my best friend like 300 bucks right
Even though its your best friend, its between me and him. So mind your mother****ing business and stop exaggerating *****.

Lovage

Smash Hero
LOL my bad for exaggerating

it's actually like 2 years, and it's actually like $250 MY BAD ROFL

and it's not between you and him, you've pretty much ignored the whole thing and havn't even MENTIONED it for months. i'm just sticking up for my friend who doesn't play smash/read the boards anymore

sorry bro, pretty grimy in my book. i wish you coulda handled this a long time ago like you said lol.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm useful I think, but I'm pretty Smashless. I'll try again once I've got experience in BC and begin dominating as the next rising Sheik. 4 more weeks. ;D

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
LOL my bad for exaggerating

it's actually like 2 years, and it's actually like $250 MY BAD ROFL

and it's not between you and him, you've pretty much ignored the whole thing and havn't even MENTIONED it for months. i'm just sticking up for my friend who doesn't play smash/read the boards anymore

sorry bro, pretty grimy in my book. i wish you coulda handled this a long time ago like you said lol.
I haven't ignored it and it will be handled. I didn't know he stopped reading the boards. I'm not gonna disappear from the Earth and not pay him. So relax yourself.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How much was it to enter into Pound 5? Like, 50 bucks? But you need to stay somewhere and eat too (admittedly, one could get free housing with a local player probably but eating is somewhat of a necessity; even packing food beforehand costs money). Plus there's the cost to get there...

I mean, I don't want to get too involved in this or anything, but if you owe someone else money, but you're also taking $100+ dollars pleasure trips to smash tournaments, it's hard to believe much effort is being made to repay the debt. Especially when it drags for over a year...

Missing Pound could easily cover halfish of the debt. You can't really make the argument that you expected to win teams or something to make money, either, because you're not that good...

I dunno. What effort have you made?

rhan

Smash Hero
I blew over 500+ dollars at Pound 5.
Cuz I was one of the innocent ones that paid for two rooms and only housed 4 people in each.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Smashboards Username: Glyphmoney
Region: Midwest the best (gay=the rest)
Primary Character(s): ROB
Secondary Character(s): Samus/Ike

REQUIRED

1. Q. How long have you been playing competitive Brawl-?
A. Zero years but I brought it to my friends house and I only lost three times

2. Q. How often do you attend tournaments? How familiar are you with your local scene? Your regional scene? The national/international scene?
A. I have never missed a single tournament ever, however you may not have seen me as I am very sneaky and probably tricked you into thinking I was someone you knew.

3. Q. How would you classify yourself as a player relative to the current metagame? (beginner, average, high level, pro, etc.)
A. Ghost Commander

4. Q. Do you think the other individuals in your region would support you being a member of the MBR? Why?
A. Yes because I have kidnapped all of their daughters and if they ever want to see them again they'll cooperate. I don't bluff.

5. Q. Do you consider yourself a discussion leader? Why?
A. No, more of a Discussion Emperor usually.

6. Q. Are you an active Tournament Organizer? If Yes, what are some recent tournaments you have hosted? If No, what are some ways you feel you contribute to your local scene despite not being a TO?
A. Oh man I host so many tournaments all the time! They are totally real and lots of people go to them but you probably haven't heard of them because they're pretty exclusive and you weren't invited (unless I get into the MBR maybe....)

7. Q. Do you feel that the current tier list is accurate? Why?
A. I like when fox uses his gun but not when other people use it against me its cheap then

8. Q. Do you feel that the current MBR recommended stage list is fair? Why?
A. No, discriminatory against black people

9. Q. Do you feel that the current MBR recommended rule set is fair? Why?
A. No, discriminatory against people who like to break the rules

10. Q. What is more important to you: Tech Skill or Strategy? Why?
A.

11. Q. What is more important to you: Maximizing Punishments (Combos) or Initiating Punishments (First Hits)? Why?
A. Dumb question, skipped

12. Q. Does SSBM have a limited lifespan as a competitive community due to its age or any other factor? Why or why not?
A. Yes because eventually all the members will get old and die and they'll stop making wiis and those will probably break

13. Q. What do you think could be done to expand our community?
A. Free "Not-Getting-Shot" with every venue fee

14. Q. What do you think the MBR could do to stimulate the community?
A. I've got a lot of ideas, though I stole a lot of them from the kama sutra

15. Q. How do you think the MBR would benefit from your input?
A. See: Above

3. Have you read Sirlin's theories regarding "Play to Win"? Do you agree or disagree? Why? How do you think these theories affect and apply to the Melee community?
1. Answer: Whenever I read the word "Sirlin" I think of sirloin steak but that is sometimes delicious and sometimes really bad.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS/FINAL WORDS:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Smashboards Username: Glyphmoney
Region: Midwest the best (gay=the rest)
Primary Character(s): ROB
Secondary Character(s): Samus/Ike

REQUIRED

1. Q. How long have you been playing competitive Brawl-?
A. Zero years but I brought it to my friends house and I only lost three times

2. Q. How often do you attend tournaments? How familiar are you with your local scene? Your regional scene? The national/international scene?
A. I have never missed a single tournament ever, however you may not have seen me as I am very sneaky and probably tricked you into thinking I was someone you knew.

3. Q. How would you classify yourself as a player relative to the current metagame? (beginner, average, high level, pro, etc.)
A. Ghost Commander

4. Q. Do you think the other individuals in your region would support you being a member of the MBR? Why?
A. Yes because I have kidnapped all of their daughters and if they ever want to see them again they'll cooperate. I don't bluff.

A. No, more of a Discussion Emperor usually.

6. Q. Are you an active Tournament Organizer? If Yes, what are some recent tournaments you have hosted? If No, what are some ways you feel you contribute to your local scene despite not being a TO?
A. Oh man I host so many tournaments all the time! They are totally real and lots of people go to them but you probably haven't heard of them because they're pretty exclusive and you weren't invited (unless I get into the MBR maybe....)

A. I like when fox uses his gun but not when other people use it against me its cheap then

A. No, discriminatory against black people

A. No, discriminatory against people who like to break the rules

A.

11. Q. What is more important to you: Maximizing Punishments (Combos) or Initiating Punishments (First Hits)? Why?
A. Dumb question, skipped

12. Q. Does SSBM have a limited lifespan as a competitive community due to its age or any other factor? Why or why not?
A. Yes because eventually all the members will get old and die and they'll stop making wiis and those will probably break

A. Free "Not-Getting-Shot" with every venue fee

A. I've got a lot of ideas, though I stole a lot of them from the kama sutra

A. See: Above

3. Have you read Sirlin's theories regarding "Play to Win"? Do you agree or disagree? Why? How do you think these theories affect and apply to the Melee community?
1. Answer: Whenever I read the word "Sirlin" I think of sirloin steak but that is sometimes delicious and sometimes really bad.

Banker cat approves your loan.

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards Username:pinheadz
Region:Atlantic South
Primary Character(s):Fox,Peach
Secondary Character(s):Marth,Falco,Falcon,Ganon,Roy.

1. Q. How long have you been playing competitive melee?
A.About 2 months now.

A.I have 2 tournaments so far. I am very familiar with my scene(atl south). Not so much the national scene.

A.Average, I'm getting better though.

A.Yes, most of the people i have met say i have a very positive attitude and i don't get salty or call johns. so yeah other individuals would support it.

A.Not so much a discussion leader as others but yeah, i do start some discussions.

A.No, i do not organize tournaments or host them. although i do kind of did contribute to g6 by checking on the matches and seeing who was ok and needed something so i guess i kind of contribute,

A.It is pretty accurate, pichu doing damage to him/her self kirby being a re re version of jiggs. it it pretty darn accurate if you ask me.

A.Yes i do, alot of the neutral stages(final destination,battlefield,dreamland,yoshi's story,stadium,fountain of dreams) is pretty fair the ceiling is good SIZE is good i think it was a pretty well put together recommended stage list.

A.Yes, they basically keep you from getting super gayed off.

A.Tech skill, it helps me mind game my opponent and work ways around them and even help me kill them.

A.Maximizing punishments, mainly because they can always come back from a beating and maximizing can keep them from doing so.

A.Hmmm, lifespan is limited, im actually 12 and i get treated with resepct.

A.Get your friends to start playing competitively

A.nothing really, it is going very smooth right now.

A.I would try my best to expand the community and help others with information needed.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
OK, fine, I'll do it.

I say that like someone pressured me into doing it. Actually, no one cares whether I do this. But I'm starting to feel left out of the party.

How long will it take for my application to be reviewed???

Smashboards Username: AOB (formerly and per se Andy, more formerly AOB, most formerly Wuhubettur)
Region: Midwest
Primary Character(s): I play many characters equally poorly
Secondary Character(s): see above

REQUIRED

1. Q. How long have you been playing competitive melee?
A. 8 years

A. Not so often for the last several years. I am woefully out of touch with all of the scenes, especially because I've just moved to a new place.

A. Average. I can still show those whippersnappers a thing or two.

A. It is obvious.

A. I have led more than just a few discussions in my day.

A. SMYM series

A. Sure, why not?

A. No. Hyrule Temple is missing.

A. Yes?

A. Hint: against me, tech skill works wonders.

A. I don't know.

A. People will keep playing this game for a long time because they're not going to make another one like it. They're going to make more like Browl.

A. TV spots.

A. I don't know.

A. That is plainly obvious.

OPTIONAL

1. Please provide up to 5 examples of contributions you have made to the melee community. Links to exceptional, informative posts are highly valued here.
1. Link:
i. Description: I have hosted the SMYM tournament series, which has been quite big by Midwest standards.
2. Link:
i. Description: I got the MBR going again after years of disuse.
3. Link:
i. Description: I am a pillar of the community.
4. Link:
i. Description: I have been a continual source of wisdom.
5. Link:
i. Description: I have to think of this many???

2. List up to three players you feel demonstrate good discussion ability or have outstanding contributions to the community and explain why you think they are a good example.
1. Player: KishPrime
i. Reason: Knowing how old he is makes me feel young.
2. Player: Joshu
i. Reason: Probably the only member who is an even greater fountain of wisdom than myself.
3. Player: Ignatius
i. Reason: Also known as Ignautilus, Ruler of the Seas

1. Answer: I skimmed over this stuff a long time ago and I was not convinced.

I was the one who got the MBR going again! And now you won't even let me back in without filling out an application like all the hoi polloi?

D

Deleted member

Umbreon was denied?

Wow.

:phone:
honestly, there are a lot of reasons as to why I'd be denied and most of them are probably pretty reasonable (pissed off a lot of people, cussed out the owner of the website in public, super arrogant application, haven't played in tournaments in forever, etc.), but I'd be surprised if they were reasons that were intellectual in nature (inability to debate, not smart enough, etc.)

i was kind of sad until I saw who actually got added, and then I saw the new debate guidelines and now I don't really care. I would have liked the ego boost I guess of other people thinking I'm "smart", whatever that means in an undefined context. But as soon as I saw the new guidelines I would have quit the user group anyway like I did for the BBR. It's a little shallow and spiteful, but it was probably for the best anyway and saved at least teczero from wasting his time.

D

Deleted member

look ^ you broke him

hey I'll pay 10$ per character for a purple name
not to be in the mbr
i just want a purple name
lol

it's more like the MBR became something i'm not really interested in anymore. i don't disagree with their decision to change it or to deny me, it just worked out that way.

good luck andy, you got this!

Dimitris

Smash Ace
OK, fine, I'll do it.

I say that like someone pressured me into doing it. Actually, no one cares whether I do this. But I'm starting to feel left out of the party.

How long will it take for my application to be reviewed???

Smashboards Username: AOB (formerly and per se Andy, more formerly AOB, most formerly Wuhubettur)
Region: Midwest
Primary Character(s): I play many characters equally poorly
Secondary Character(s): see above
Is one of the poorly played characters still DK?

Top Bottom