• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MBR Application Process is Closed

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
No. We've been a little harsh when choosing the first members, and it doesn't mean people can't try again. When someone will post an application, we'll take a look at it and accept the guy if we accept his application.

Our aim is to gather good people who can make useful contributions to the MBR projects. As long as someone looks like he's good, we'll accept him, regardless of the number of members.

Not for the MBR dinner, though. You better be cool if you want to attend this one.
does that mean that if you've applied and haven't been accepted, you've already been rejected?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I wasn't given a date but i assume a few more month's wait :troll:

Am i troll enough this time around mow?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
posted in this thread or another one? sorry, sometimes i don't check this thread all the time because i don't have too much to contribute when people are discussing other applications.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Basically :
If you are accepted : you already received a PM, or you will very soon.
If your application is denied, then you will probably see it in the second post of this thread. I say probably because we haven't finished discussing whether applicants should receive positive/negative feedback publicly or not.
If your application is pending, you will post likely see it in the second post of this thread as well. But right now, all the applications sent so far have been reviewed, safe for hbox's.

Right know, about 50% of the applicants have been accepted (icluding leaders and regional leaders)

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Basically :
If you are accepted : you already received a PM, or you will very soon.
If your application is denied, then you will probably see it in the second post of this thread. I say probably because we haven't finished discussing whether applicants should receive positive/negative feedback publicly or not.
If your application is pending, you will post likely see it in the second post of this thread as well. But right now, all the applications sent so far have been reviewed, safe for hbox's.

Right know, about 50% of the applicants have been accepted (icluding leaders and regional leaders)
Oh wow, I like progress

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I had better not receive a denied PM on my birthday :V

Happy birthday!!! <3

I hope at least for the people who don't get in, they get some kind of reasoning or something to improve upon for a better chance in the future. =D

Good luck everybody.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I hope at least for the people who don't get in, they get some kind of reasoning or something to improve upon for a better chance in the future. =D

Good luck everybody.
If someone sent a fairly good application, then yeah, the regional leaders should send them a PM saying they were still interesting and could be accepted if they try again.

Don't put so much importance on the deliberation. You can always improve, and there weren't many applications which were actually bad. And don't forget we were quite picky for this first selection, so if you don't get in, it doesn't mean you are utter crap (and anyway it wouldn't mean that even if we set the bar lower :p)

Oh and happy birthday Strong Bad :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
And don't forget we were quite picky for this first selection, so if you don't get in, it doesn't mean
you are utter crap
(and anyway it wouldn't mean that even if we set the bar lower)

Oh and happy birthday
Strong Bad :)
this guy is so mean ;_;

JPOBS

Smash Hero
so if ur denied you'll be told right?

or will you be left to rot by the waste side forever alone?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's not incorrect though. Characters like GNW, YL, etc actually stay in stun long enough for grab to be guaranteed.

Foxes dair vs low tiers is similar to how Falco's dair works on grounded characters. They do that awkward falling animation whilst still grounded, but not being forced into hard knockdown.
Wow can't believe I missed this.

Look, dude, if you're going to say (in the Falco boards) that SDI ***** like every single combo that Falco can ever do and he can't get legit links past 30% and then say that Fox's Dair > grab is inescapable when Fox's Dair is inherently worse for combos as a result of its mechanics and how SDI totally ruins it then I dunno.

Like, really?

brawlchick308

Smash Rookie
Smashboards Username: brawlchick308
Region: michigan, U.S
Primary Character(s): fox, young link, peach
Secondary Character(s):zelda, falco

REQUIRED

1. Q. How long have you been playing competitive melee?
A. about 6 or 7 years total

2. Q. How often do you attend tournaments? How familiar are you with your local scene? Your regional scene? The national/international scene?
A. i have never once attended a tounament but i want to and they look amazing and filled with heated battles everywhere!

3. Q. How would you classify yourself as a player relative to the current metagame? (beginner, average, high level, pro, etc.)
A. i classify myself as a high level player. i have been playing smash bros. ever since i was 5 or 6.

4. Q. Do you think the other individuals in your region would support you being a member of the MBR? Why?
A. probably because ive had quite the experience with Melee, n64, and brawl. plus ive taught many of my friends how to brawl.

5. Q. Do you consider yourself a discussion leader? Why?
A. yes because i have MANY topics that i come up with.

6. Q. Are you an active Tournament Organizer? If Yes, what are some recent tournaments you have hosted? If No, what are some ways you feel you contribute to your local scene despite not being a TO?
A. no. mabey the player match ups, depending on skill level.

7. Q. Do you feel that the current tier list is accurate? Why?
A. No because jigglypuff is the lightest character and can be KO'ed easily while captain falcon should be in her place due to the strength and agility.

8. Q. Do you feel that the current MBR recommended stage list is fair? Why?
A.idk i havent seen it yet.

9. Q. Do you feel that the current MBR recommended rule set is fair? Why?
A.havent seen it yet

10. Q. What is more important to you: Tech Skill or Strategy? Why?
A. strategy because you can always have a plan and a backup plan.

11. Q. What is more important to you: Maximizing Punishments (Combos) or Initiating Punishments (First Hits)? Why?
A. combos because it deals more damage at one time than first hits

12. Q. Does SSBM have a limited lifespan as a competitive community due to its age or any other factor? Why or why not?
A. no because people LOVE this game some more than brawl.

13. Q. What do you think could be done to expand our community?
A. have a chat room or an online tounament

14. Q. What do you think the MBR could do to stimulate the community?
A. i really dont know

15. Q. How do you think the MBR would benefit from your input?
A. if you had a chat room people could get to know others better and an online tournament would just show who's the best fighter!

OPTIONAL

1. Please provide up to 5 examples of contributions you have made to the melee community. Links to exceptional, informative posts are highly valued here.
1. Link:
i. Description:
2. Link:
i. Description:
3. Link:
i. Description:
4. Link:
i. Description:
5. Link:
i. Description:

2. List up to three players you feel demonstrate good discussion ability or have outstanding contributions to the community and explain why you think they are a good example.
1. Player:
i. Reason:
2. Player:
i. Reason:
3. Player:
i. Reason:

3. Have you read Sirlin's theories regarding "Play to Win"? Do you agree or disagree? Why? How do you think these theories affect and apply to the Melee community?
1. Answer: no i have not but i did watch his video's :3

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS/FINAL WORDS: i REALLY want to know when a tounament is close to michigan! so if u can tell me that would be great!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
A. i classify myself as a high level player. i have been playing smash bros. ever since i was 5 or 6.

A. probably because ive had quite the experience with Melee, n64, and brawl. plus ive taught many of my friends how to brawl.
How to Brawl? Denied! lol. And rofl at high level player when all you have defeated are your friends.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Not going to lie I giggled quite a few times through that application but be nice bro haha.
I will lay down the truth whether people like or not. If truth hurts for anyone, then too bad... There's no point in putting filters just to make it seem not so bad. I would rather be clear and to the point. Realizing we are stupid for a certain action is better than to try to defend mediocrity... because you can always get better no matter the circumstance... you just have to be willing to surrender. To me it was always like this, so i don't really know anything else.. my views are harsh yes... but that's the way of the warrior.

rhan

Smash Hero
5. Q. Do you consider yourself a discussion leader? Why?
A. yes because i have MANY topics that i come up with.
Oh really?

OPTIONAL

1. Please provide up to 5 examples of contributions you have made to the melee community. Links to exceptional, informative posts are highly valued here.
1. Link:
i. Description:
2. Link:
i. Description:
3. Link:
i. Description:
4. Link:
i. Description:
5. Link:
i. Description:
You didn't list any..

8. Q. Do you feel that the current MBR recommended stage list is fair? Why?
A.idk i havent seen it yet.

9. Q. Do you feel that the current MBR recommended rule set is fair? Why?
A.havent seen it yet
You should probably go look at those before you apply...

13. Q. What do you think could be done to expand our community?
A. have a chat room or an online tounament
Clearly you don't know what you're doing in this thread..

Top Bottom