• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May Day Brawl hosted by Cecil @ Next Level LAN Orlando

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
sounds like hrnut's mad

PS

it was a cfl tourny

with cfl rules

and cfl stages

in sfl we do all mlg rules

me and shaky even agreed (by luck lol) to do mlg ruleset in our sets.

and in either case of rulings, u can't blame stages, cause stages are part of the game DERRR

and ness is gay on brinstar?.........

ITS NESS

man up lol

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
We need to ban some level because they completely ruin this game...WTF is a rainbow cruise??? and ness is so gay on brinstar

So i officially lost to brinstar and rainbow cruise...Co lost to Japes...

...sorry SFL you guys are good but you guys wouldn't win if it werent for those levels...with a few exceptions (riddle, esam, afro, brik) and thats just the truth. Also WTF was up with the bracket...me, CO, gdx, hbox, were all on the same side...

and if you guys want to man up and beat prove me wrong then lets mm all neutrals? (shaky, chaz)

Hrnut on GDX's account
rainbow cruise is the last level on Super Mario 64.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sounds like hrnut's mad

PS

it was a cfl tourny

with cfl rules

and cfl stages

in sfl we do all mlg rules

me and shaky even agreed (by luck lol) to do mlg ruleset in our sets.

and in either case of rulings, u can't blame stages, cause stages are part of the game DERRR

and ness is gay on brinstar?.........

ITS NESS

man up lol
says the guy who plays mk and switches to d3 to infinite shaky because he was scared to fight him with mk...you man up:bee:

yeah i heard how you gayed him, infinites on ness bro...really..?

after all its only ness...

Hrnut on Gdx account

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
says the guy who plays mk and switches to d3 to infinite shaky because he was scared to fight him with mk...you man up:bee:

yeah i heard how you gayed him, infinites on ness bro...really..?

after all its only ness...

Hrnut on Gdx account
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... HRnut gets BIG. oh ****. wow, that hurt a little. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

but in all seriousness, hey nuts did you beat either shaky or chaz in the first game during your tourny sets?

CO18

Smash Hero
Hrnut won 2nd game like 1 stock low% vs shaky, shaky won the first match. I didnt watch chaz vs hrnut but I just know it went to 3rd game

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Uh... there was a wii in the middle of Kyon's wii and someone else's and I did a 0-death on Lady Legion on it. Can someone upload it? Who's ever it was?

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
Hrnut won 2nd game like 1 stock low% vs shaky, shaky won the first match. I didnt watch chaz vs hrnut but I just know it went to 3rd game
the reason i ask is because hrnut is getting mad that he lost to some gay stages, which i can understand cause i only like playing on neutrals too. but if he wins the first match (im assuming the first match is on a neutral stage) then hrnut can win the first and thrid match to win the set. if you lose on the second match because of the CP, thats fine, just pick a neutral for the third match and win there. But if you lose the first match on a neutral, dont get mad cause they beat u on their CP.

Hrnut, if you really dont want to learn how to play gay stages or are too lazy to try or actually dont give a ****, thats fine. Just know that ur gonna have to win the first match.

AfroQT

Smash Master
the reason i ask is because hrnut is getting mad that he lost to some gay stages, which i can understand cause i only like playing on neutrals too. but if he wins the first match (im assuming the first match is on a neutral stage) then hrnut can win the first and thrid match to win the set. if you lose on the second match because of the CP, thats fine, just pick a neutral for the third match and win there. But if you lose the first match on a neutral, dont get mad cause they beat u on their CP.

Hrnut, if you really dont want to learn how to play gay stages or are too lazy to try or actually dont give a ****, thats fine. Just know that ur gonna have to win the first match.
I disagree completely with this, why should the winner be given any advantage whatsoever haha that makes absolutely ZERO SENSE at all. But then again i view CPs differently then everyone else a stage should never make a matchup unwinnable or even tip it ridiculously in 1 persons favor. It should be a prefered stage, not a YO MAN HAHA I WIN ON THIS STAGE. for COMPETITIVE play that makes zero sense.

But theres nothing you can do so just learn to play on em i guess.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
bottom line

hrnut coulda won the first match

and must understand that when he doesn't, he may have to shift to certain characters to get the best possible chances of winning, it is competative play after all.

i lost the first match of winners finals, as a result i had to deal with his CP when i won the 2nd match, understanding what was at stake i cut my losses and went ddd when he chose PS2 because, as good as mk is, it was just a better matchup decision.

I did not pick that stage, nor would i ever if i had the choice. I was not proud of inf. him but it was his own fault for picking the stage knowing full well that i play ddd.

if u don't like the system, then stop investing your money into it, or just stop complaining about it.

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
I disagree completely with this, why should the winner be given any advantage whatsoever haha that makes absolutely ZERO SENSE at all. But then again i view CPs differently then everyone else a stage should never make a matchup unwinnable or even tip it ridiculously in 1 persons favor. It should be a prefered stage, not a YO MAN HAHA I WIN ON THIS STAGE. for COMPETITIVE play that makes zero sense.

But theres nothing you can do so just learn to play on em i guess.
i dont really understand what u disagree. the winner of the first match already has a clear cut advantage. bein up one to zero, and knowing you can counterpick back is your advantage for winning the first match.

if hrnut wins the first match, which again i assume is on a neutral stage, then it doesnt matter if he loses the second match because he could go back to a neutral on the thrid match and win. if the CP is unwinnable for hrnut or whatever is completly irrelevant. this basically a cheap strategy for hrnut if he doesnt want to lose to people because of a stage
bottom line

hrnut coulda won the first match

and must understand that when he doesn't, he may have to shift to certain characters to get the best possible chances of winning, it is competative play after all.

i lost the first match of winners finals, as a result i had to deal with his CP when i won the 2nd match, understanding what was at stake i cut my losses and went ddd when he chose PS2 because, as good as mk is, it was just a better matchup decision.

I did not pick that stage, nor would i ever if i had the choice. I was not proud of inf. him but it was his own fault for picking the stage knowing full well that i play ddd.

if u don't like the system, then stop investing your money into it, or just stop complaining about it.
i agree with everything he said...except inf shaky...pu$$y:)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
It was a wall inf.... not some random standing one... he got caught at the wrong time....

thats his fault

its not like i got a grab and then the wall popped up

it was there, he shoulda camped the other side

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Well i lost the first match to shaky because i basically tripped into his kill move since everyone want to know how i lost my match on a neutral...yeah i f***ing tripped and died for it...legit its part of the game but the stupidest mechanic in it.

and i was trying to strike stages with chaz but he was being stubborn so i said whatever, and i played really bad on yoshi's but oh well. I completely agree with afro on the auto win stages or the hey look i have this stage where my character is almost unbeatable...thats freaking ********.

its whatever though stuff happens

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Guys guys just don't worry or care about it. Its all done anyway. I sure didn't care about singles especially after 6pm. In any case hope most of you guys are ready for MLG and CEO. Which ever you are going to. Florida better do good at both of them anyway.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
strange

hrnut, i always here u complaining, when u lose u rage,
when u win tho (and don't complain about cp's and abusing them cause i believe that's all u used to do mr. luigi's mansion olimar don't think i didn't forget) u rage but ur able to laugh about it

so all i see now is rage and taking away from shaky's RARE, tho well earned win. just give it to him and do ***** better next time, ****.

and hey speaking of tripping and losing the first match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfH8hfQ8iIo

guess what

i won da set

AfroQT

Smash Master
i dont really understand what u disagree. the winner of the first match already has a clear cut advantage. bein up one to zero, and knowing you can counterpick back is your advantage for winning the first match.

if hrnut wins the first match, which again i assume is on a neutral stage, then it doesnt matter if he loses the second match because he could go back to a neutral on the thrid match and win. if the CP is unwinnable for hrnut or whatever is completly irrelevant. this basically a cheap strategy for hrnut if he doesnt want to lose to people because of a stage.
Basically i said the counterpicking system shouldnt exist the winner shouldnt be given an advantage, a set shouldnt be decided on who wins the first match.

But like seibrik said either stop complaining or stop investing money, im not gonna sit here and complain about it. What i will do is learn to play on those stages with snake.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
teach me those >.>

diddy master of neutrals...worst thing on counterpicks :"\

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Guys guys just don't worry or care about it. Its all done anyway. I sure didn't care about singles especially after 6pm. In any case hope most of you guys are ready for MLG and CEO. Which ever you are going to. Florida better do good at both of them anyway.
Live and learn! Florida better do good...Seibrik and the rest better not get nervous.
I had fun and of course I understand where Hrnut and everyone else is coming from. I believe it will only help us all in the end to get better. Competitive play has always had (for lack of a better word) "gimmicks"...in the spirit of winning just as Chaz told me. I see it as such and yes we (Florida) will compete better for it! Also credit to Chaz and Shaky who sealed there wins. Being able to play on a counterpick is just that being able to...I am sorry for always playing neutrals with you Hrnut. lol! I'll take blame for that.

PS. gg I lost to (my lack of experience) GDX and DFEAR two diddy's :laugh:
~Walnut

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
guess what happened to luig's mansion, because it was so gay for one character....now tell me why do we have rainbow cruise legal...brinstar isn't that bad tbh...japes is dumb always has been, even when i used it

David you play mk, there are no stupid levels for you so you have no **** idea where i'm coming from so GTFO...OMG someone takes mk to a counterpick, it makes no freaking difference bro, your character wins there too...play d3 or snake then lose the first match with a bunch of gay rules/stages then you might have a point until then you can't throw mk in like its relatable

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
guess what happened to luig's mansion, because it was so gay for one character....now tell me why do we have rainbow cruise legal...brinstar isn't that bad tbh...japes is dumb always has been, even when i used it

David you play mk, there are no stupid levels for you so you have no **** idea where i'm coming from so GTFO...OMG someone takes mk to a counterpick, it makes no freaking difference bro, your character wins there too...play d3 or snake then lose the first match with a bunch of gay rules/stages then you might have a point until then you can't throw mk in like its relatable
Don't you second this character?
Also, Snake is good on Brinstar and norfair, ****ing untouchable on Green Greens, and you play MK for RC... Hell, ban this level, and your character is BASICALLY okay.
So... umm...
Yeah.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
no i don't second him, i only played him because i already figured i'd lose with snake due to how bad the level is imo, on top of that i don't play it and it gives mk a huge advantage which he already has on everyone...

you play shaky on brinstar snake vs ness and beat him while he's perfectly camping you. my point is david can't use that logic as him tripping and losing the first game and winning the set in the same sense that i a snake main, who actually has bad levels can. If you lose to someone who plays mk first game you best to believe that he can easily win the third game by taking you to delphino and timing you out...it is that easy (just stating a stupid and true point)...

-!-

Smash Lord
Yeaa, What He said >_>

If someone where to counter pick me in RC (Taken i would risk banning something else cuz I would think that person wouldn't go that low) I would most likely go MK and I don't play him too... I would get **** cuz, even though I practice on it, It's so gay to play in as Snake.. idk I just don't do well in there :( I can put up with ANY stage, but when it comes to a dumb stage like RC I just feel like forfeiting that match.. i try though, :)

I still dont get why people are bringing back Japes >_> like really... WHY!?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u guys are srsrly lucky tommy g didnt enter this tourney...im dead serious.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
for the record, i also feel that japes and RC shouldnt be legal

but i dont care for this arguing.

Top Bottom