• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May Day Brawl hosted by Cecil @ Next Level LAN Orlando

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Afro lost to Shaky in losers actually.
To get 3rd.

Seibrik and Shaky in GF.

I think it's...
1st. Seibrik/Shaky
2nd. Seibrik/Shaky
3rd. Afro
4th. Chaz
5th. GDX
5th. Polt
7th. HRNut
7th. Razek
9th. Radix
9th. Co 18
9th. Hungrybox

That's all I know.,
theres more from we've gathered

Razek

Smash Apprentice
this tournament made me not want to play brawl

because i had so much ****ing fun playing melee with zoro \ hbox

-fearless

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We need to ban some level because they completely ruin this game...WTF is a rainbow cruise??? and ness is so gay on brinstar

So i officially lost to brinstar and rainbow cruise...Co lost to Japes...

...sorry SFL you guys are good but you guys wouldn't win if it werent for those levels...with a few exceptions (riddle, esam, afro, brik) and thats just the truth. Also WTF was up with the bracket...me, CO, gdx, hbox, were all on the same side...

and if you guys want to man up and beat prove me wrong then lets mm all neutrals? (shaky, chaz)

Hrnut on GDX's account

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
HRNut (Honey Roasted) said:
We need to ban some level because they completely ruin this game...WTF is a rainbow cruise??? and ness is so gay on brinstar

...sorry SFL you guys are good but you guys wouldn't win if it werent for those levels...with a few exceptions (riddle, esam, afro, brik) and thats just the truth. Also WTF was up with the bracket...me, CO, gdx, hbox, were all on the same side...

and if you guys want to man up and beat prove me wrong then lets mm all neutrals? (shaky, chaz)
Lol this logic is so 2008. If you want to be good at a game like this where there are diverse stages (but why was japes on? That isn't even legal at MLG...) you have to get good on them. Why the hell would you go into a match-up that you don't know because of a level? (Chaz vs you on RC). Snake is good on RC, and you have to learn to abuse the level. If you don't want the level there, ban it. *Gasp* Banning a level that you know you will lose on because you have a lack of experience on it? ****, that is only...STRATEGY!! If you are complaining about playing to win when we are playing a competitive video game then...you need to learn the right mindset. Shaky and Chaz (I guess shaky beat you on brinstar?) used the levels they know to their advantage. It is your fault for not knowing their strengths/being better on that level. They were more skilled than you on the level, and those levels give their characters advantages. Why would they want to play a set where they play on your advantageous stages? That is why there are COUNTER picks. The levels aren't bad at all, you just don't know how to play them.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Good games to everone I played. Me and gdx need to get our team work better for doubles and me waiting. Sorry I could have cared less about singles though. I had a club to go to and just like I thought one of the best nights I ever had. And I already know it was hiROI's as well. If I stayed any longer I would have missed the chance to see the show I saw and meet the famous people there.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
CATAPOOOOOOOLT!

Good **** getting 5th at your last (I think) tournament in Florida. YOSHI!

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
My only beef with this tournament is that my name was spelled wrong when they put me in the brackets and, as a result, got 0 seeding points. Then I had to face Kyon (again....) and Chaz. Then I originally had a bye first round but they let someone register after matches had started and replaced my bye with a match against him. They couldn't fix my seeding and put me somewhere else on the bracket, but they could let someone register that late? And that guy was there all day, he could have registered.

Even with all that, I had tons of fun. GGs to everyone I played. I'm seriously considering picking up another character though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I really have to get better with items. Lost to afro and shaky but I wasn't gayed or camped really so I'm not really angry. Just disappointed in myself

Ill see you guys again at ZP most likely. Hopefully by then I can get down what I want to, as far as playstyles go.

most fun was playing SSFIV though. My makoto is soooooooooo bad but shes fun to play

-!-

Smash Lord
yeaaa the only stage I hate the most is RC... That's why I bann it nd I thought I woulndt need to worry about japes daaang I would rather play the other gay levels... Buuut u can get better on them, I personally become lazy >_> but w/e I can't wait for this weekend :)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Hrnut on GDX's account
I officially lost to levels that have been legal in FL since the beginning of Brawl because I'm too lazy to practice on them.

Seems legit to me.

Also, who picked Japes... CO or whoever beat him? (I'm guessing Shaky?)

AfroQT

Smash Master
Ah my apprentice is wrecking...
He even wrecked his sensei brought a tear to my eye.

Also everyone get at my CODY WHATS GUUUUD.

I feel almost back to 100%.

EDIT:
Stages that tip matches ridiculously in 1 person's favor shouldnt be allowed but w/e the only thing you can do about it is learn to play on the stage.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
20 teams

45-46 singles i think

mattfro we definitely have to play more super at ZP

OverLade

Smash Hero

Hrnut on GDX's account

I officially lost to levels that have been legal in FL since the beginning of Brawl because I'm too lazy to practice on them.

Seems legit to me.

Not gonna lie, you're just going to have to grin and bear or abuse the levels back. Especially with MLG everyone needs these stages to practice on (besides japes). Snake is good on cruise, you just have to switch up your style and practice it. If people are gonna be gay you just have to be gayer or know the matchup/stage.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

Seems legit to me.

I think RC and BS should still be legal, I mean I got gayed on them but that's because I don't practice on them.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Thanks SwordDancer for bring a melee setup to this

Shaky is interesting to watch
I really want to get better at SSF4 train me dtorr

-!-

Smash Lord
Here I thought Falcos where the only ones that went to japes... Gotta keep that in mind.

Can't wait for videos :) I hope...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
fix for legitness
Hey why you hatin

I'm pretty solid in SSFIV yo

and why all this drama everytime I don't enter singles

it's like

CFL slips their game up when I'm not entered

lol

w/e

SSFIV was fun

AFRO is mad good. Cody all day. Chuck rocks yo, even in stages where there are no rocks to pick up LOL

GDX we have to play more SSFIV too. We had only like 1 match.

-!-

Smash Lord
Hey get the brackets up already i cant wait to see them if they are up can you get me a link

I believe it'll take about a week till we see the Brackets, unless they've changed that little habit they have :laugh: doubt it though.

Ultimatepapi69

Smash Rookie
Hey guys it was fun having you guys there. The event was great and we look forward to having you guys back next time. Though next time I'm gonna have the speakers on full blast so you guys can hear me call out your names. :laugh:

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
They couldn't fix my seeding and put me somewhere else on the bracket, but they could let someone register that late? And that guy was there all day, he could have registered.
lotta people did that. they were there all day doing friendlies, then when they announced singles was starting and once Stephen had the brackets set up everyone and their mom ran up to sign up

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Poltergust da Bess
Poltergust da Bess
Poltergust da Bess
Poltergust da Bess

Now

Metatitan's mad
Stocky he be mad
Deltacod is mad
but D-Torr isn't mad

:chuckle:

jk Meta, Stocky, and Delta if yall find this

<3

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
who had the wii with the red bananas...i did a combo with Zss for nick riddle and i can't find the wii i saved it on :( if anyone knows who owns that wii plz let me know i'd appreciate that much. Riddle you'd love me if you saw it lol

Hrnut on Gdx's account

Top Bottom