• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 12/13th -NEPA Gaming Convention 3 - featuring VGCB!

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
NEPA GAMING CONVENTION 3!

Event Address
ITT-Tech | 1000 meade st| Dunmore PA 18512 |

Well its that time of the year again... NEPA Gaming Convention is BACK. We have been offered the great opprotunity to use all the space at the BRAND NEW ITT- Tech. The website for the event will come out within the next week, with pre-registration along with the commerical to promote the event on adult swim. Last year we had over 250+ gamers at this we are hoping to eclipse 400 here.

Gaming Con Costs
--------------------
Full Access-$15 ( can play on events computers, all systems, access to all areas)
BYOC- $10 or $8 with pre-reg (access to the NEPA3 LAN)
Console Pass- $5 ( access to console areas, free play througout the day including while waiting for matches)
Spectator pass- $2 access to food area, able to watch tournaments and events

(Also this event will be paired with the Penn State IST club so %10 will be taken out of prize pools to help towards there club- But the other %90 for each tournament will be paid out:

PRIZE PAYOUTS
1st-%60
2nd-%30
3rd-%10

Preliminary Itinerary(things Might Change)

Sat May 12th Events

10:00am till 12:00pm- Event Registration(Front Entrance)
NooN- CS 1.6 5 vs 5 $100/team Limit 16 teams (PC Area)
NooN- Magic The Gathering Event(more details to come) (Main Area)
12:30- SSBM 2vs2 $10/team (console Area 1)
1:00- Halo 1 FFA $5/person (console Area 2)
3:00- SSBM Singles $15/person(console Area 1)
4:00- Halo 2 4 vs 4 MLG Rules $40/team(console Area 2)
6:30- Dinner
7:00- SSBM Low Tier- $5/person(Console Area 1)
7:30- COD2 FFA Tournament $5/person
8:00- Halo 2 FFA- $5/person (Console Area 2)
9:00- SSBM Crews- $25/crew(console area 1)

Sunday May 13th Events
10:00am-NooN Registration/Tournament Signup
Noon- Street Fighter 3rd Strike $5/person (console area 1)
2:00- Guilty Gear (newest version at time of event) $5/person(Console Area 2)
3:30- Naruto 4 1 vs 1 $10/person (Console Area 1)
4:00- LOTR BFME2 1 vs 1 $5/person
5:00- SC3 $10/person(console area 2)
6:00- Gears of War 4 vs 4 ( console area 1)
8:00- TBA

TEXAS HOLD'EM Cool Down- At the end of sat events we are going to be having a FREE ENTRANCE texas holdem tournemant for anyone at the event who wants to have some fun. 1st place will get $50 and 2nd will get $25.

For all events at the con visit the [website coming soon]

For people planning to come for both days, or need housing please contacnt me for local housing, I am also going to set up a deal with a local hotel that is right next to the venue for people who prefer that. I can't wait to see everyone at this!

FULL RULES WILL BE POSTED SOON

Thanks

Nick

A_Falco_user7350

Smash Journeyman
hey hey heyyy kiddies guess who?!?!?!

Well i recently got fired lmao and down on money but i should be bak to working soon and i thought id check out on good ol smash boards for the hell of it to see whats good with TGP and i find this! Im sure to be practicing up for this one and maybe ill get Hump to play teams with me and/or singles and not be a ***** . Well we all know yall havent seen my *** in forever, but i havent died.

be sure to welcome me back :D

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
I gotta go to this, more than likely I'll enter 1v1, low tier and crews If I get drafted =/ So yea, I'll bring yoshi out of retirement (again), I'll try to practice so I dont suck (more than usual =p) for this tournament. Hope to see some old faces again.

Peace.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Gonna see if I can bring the crew to this... Haven't been to a tournament or anything since December. :( ... I've been sitting at home practicing against the CPU for almost two months... I feel so alone! :cry:

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
There will be other games being played at the convention too, they will be posted soon let us know if there is anything in specific you would be interested in other then smash

Thanks

Nick

Renn

Smash Rookie
Hey, will almost definitely be there again this year. If you need help with registration again feel free to ask.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
Hey, TGP admin, can you tell me how many members you need in the crew for the crew battles?

And can you tell me what VGCB means?

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
You can have between 4-6 people for a crew

4 people- each person gets 5 stock
5 people- each person gets 4 stock
6 people- 4 people get3 stock, 2 people get 4 stock

VGCB = Video Game Cover Band AKA best band in the world.

Thanks

Nick

the real power dolphin

Smash Rookie
dude, last years was pimp and this year im hella better and i think i am gonna romp some *****es...

down c baby all i need :)

plus im pro so that could help too..

_umbra_

Smash Champion
hmm... any way the crew battle could be moved to earlier? If not, we may have to miss it... Slim still has his junior license, have to get home by 11:00... We'll try to stay as long as we can anyway, though. We might have to end up leaving before we get knocked out. lol

Powerdolphin, we should do some peach dittos next time I see you... It's been awhile...

Anyway, looks like we're coming. If all goes well, our crew will bring
myself
the melon
slim
beefwhistle
da supe
and maybe jiggsco and confoetoe if they can go. Possibly a few new members, could be a lot of us there!

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I agree with umbra. I can only stay out until 11:00 so if things drag on then we might not be able to stay for the crew battles. So, TGP Admin, do you think you can move the crew battles to an earlier time?

And can you tell me if dinner is free....? Just so i know to bring enough money with me

Thanks!!!!!

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
The Magic The Gathering Event Sounds interesting.

Maybe i will do it. Umbra, Da Supe, and Beefwhistle might do it too...

D

Deleted member

I wanted to go but my parents are taking me home on the 11th =/

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interesting interesting.

Looks interesting and right around the time I turn 21! :)

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
We are looking foward to having between 60-70 smashers and over 300 gamers!!!!

That number can easily grow as people let me know if they are coming.

Thanks

Nick

Quill

Smash Journeyman
Man... I suck so hard now... I haven't played in so long.

I still think I'll come, maybe I'll play some Magic and enter in the SSBM tourney. We'll see... I think I'm due to visit you guys though so I'll probably be there and I'll drag my girlfriend with me.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Awesome Quill can't wait to see you,

The venue is as excited about this event as were are and it is going to be a top class setup.

I can't wait!

Top Bottom