• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchups Chart & Lists - Updated: 29/Oct

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I don't understand why with decent matchups landing him in the mid to high 20s that yoshi is so low on the actual tier list, it's sort of like there is predjudice or something going on :/

auroreon

Smash Ace
Yoshi's ratios are horribly outdated. He's low on the tier list because he places low.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
its not so much that he places low, its that he has such a small following, guys like delta cod are constantly showing what he can do. And yeah, i can tell some of the matchups need an update :p

imo he should be very bottom of mid tier, or at least top of low

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Count Typo: The ratios are based on the difficulty it is to score a win with a certain character over another character based on the current meta game for those characters. For example if a character goes even with another character, that matchup is given a 50, if he has a slightly better chance, a 55, if he has a slight disadvantage, 45, and so on... usually anything with a 70 or higher, they pretty much destroy that character, and 30 or lower you usually get destroyed by that character.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Cuz the pikachu board is probably the best character board out there. It would be nice if all boards were like theirs. Off topic but my brother mains pika! :D

Fuujin

Smash Champion
its not so much that he places low, its that he has such a small following, guys like delta cod are constantly showing what he can do. And yeah, i can tell some of the matchups need an update :p

imo he should be very bottom of mid tier, or at least top of low

That's the people mentality people have with Zelda.

Sure people don't use him much but if more people did start using him, more people would learn to play against him, so he might end up staying just as low as is now.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But really he does match up well against a lot of high ranked characters and loses more than 40:60 only 4 times (not amazing but compare to the others around him) Also beating out Ice Climbers, infitinte on wario, going even with diddy, and going 60:40 with meta knight, all top tiers characters doesn't hurt him

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well stop looking.

It says 60-40 what MU thread are you looking at...

don't call me again I'm doing stuff.
>.>

Well if I'm reading correctly it says you JUST edited it....crackbaby.

Anyways. It now says 60-40...

Sorry for the misuderstanding.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Then umm why did you guys just suddenly leave?
I believe we left because most of us are sick of MU discussions. (Particularly with idiots like A2ZONG running around, pretending to be knowledgeable about Ike and claiming that everyone that isn't Ganondorf is auto-win against Ike. What a joke.) We can't even keep our own MU discussions going.

Heck, the Falcon boards were threatening to put down the MU as Falcon's A, and we basically didn't do anything. The only reason they really changed their mind was because San beat Ally's Falcon, and Ally went into that topic saying Ike has the advantage.

Nice to hear it's 6-4 though. More reasonable.

Rajam

Smash Champion
They did the mean averages of several people and their opinion on the ratio.

btw, for updates, Lucario v. MK is still 40:60 MK's favor, and Lucario v. Snake is 45:55 Snake's favor.

Also Falco is 45:55 Falco's favor.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221578
Updated :)

Fox has some changes.

Fox vs. ZSS 60-40 Fox's favor
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267392

Fox vs. DK 60-40 Fox's favor
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268729

Fox vs. DDD 55-45 Fox's favor
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267716

Fox vs. Ike 65-35 Fox's favor
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267462
Updated with Fox 60-40 Ike :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP updated:

08-Apr-2010: Bowser 50 Link, 60 Ganondorf; Captain Falcon 45 Bowser; Diddy Kong 50 Toon Link, 55 Ice Climbers; Fox 55 King Dedede, 60 Donkey Kong, Zero Suit Samus, and last thread removed along with its ratios (older than a year); Ike last thread removed along with its ratios (older than a year); Kirby 45 Snake, new thread, and last thread removed along with its ratios (older than a year); Lucario 45 Falco, Snake; Lucas 45 Fox, and last thread removed along with its ratios (older than a year); Peach 40 Meta Knight; Samus 60 Bowser; Wolf 45 Pit, 60 Donkey Kong; Zero Suit Samus 50 Sheik

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I believe we left because most of us are sick of MU discussions. (Particularly with idiots like A2ZONG running around, pretending to be knowledgeable about Ike and claiming that everyone that isn't Ganondorf is auto-win against Ike. What a joke.) We can't even keep our own MU discussions going.

Heck, the Falcon boards were threatening to put down the MU as Falcon's A, and we basically didn't do anything. The only reason they really changed their mind was because San beat Ally's Falcon, and Ally went into that topic saying Ike has the advantage.

Nice to hear it's 6-4 though. More reasonable.
Ohh I see. That sounds funny though.

EDIT: Raj you messed up a little on the chart >.<

EDIT 2: Ingore my first fail edit.... >.>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Seeing as most of Ike's MUs haven't been gone over/updated in a while, we came up with this. Not perfect, but more up to date then the current set of numbers (which have been taken down I see...)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271374

We're still kinda debating/discussing how badly MK beats Ike, but it's current ratio is probably correct/what it's going to be. If it changes I'll let you know. Please go ahead an use the rounded ratios instead of the exact ratios.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Is confused about things >.<

You guys said 60-40 Fox right it says different in there.
It's the average of our opinions. Not everyone believed 60-40 Fox on the Ike boards. More Ikes believe it to be 55-45 for Fox. Hence the different MU number.

Rajam

Smash Champion
? No, because the chart actually considers both points of view in an independent way. Check the OP and the texts there, and everything should become clear :goomba:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
When this chart is 100% full, it will be the sexiest since sex

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I seriously don't understand how you cannot have a complete chart by now, even with some errors.

I'm not blaming any particular person, least of all the curator of the chart, but this is ridiculous considering how long it's been worked on. "blah blah blah we don't have the match-up experience" is bullocks, I'm sure at this point between all of us all these match-ups have been fought and SOMETHING can go there.

You know what the problem is? Some respectable person in a character board (likely the mod) starts a match-up topic and does it one character at a time, everyone gets really excited, it gets updated a lot, the match-up gets discussed a lot, and then you move on. Eventually the interval between updates gets longer, people get less excited, and eventually people find it troublesome to put in the effort to discuss things at all and BOOM you're less than half-way through the list. Then the mod quits all together, a new mod comes along to start fresh, he's really excited, and STARTS A NEW TOPIC FROM THE BEGINNING about match-ups and we're stuck in a limbo.

You probably didn't read that, I was basically just *****ing and being a general knob. Dont' worry about it.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Okay, I seriously don't understand how you cannot have a complete chart by now, even with some errors.

I'm not blaming any particular person, least of all the curator of the chart, but this is ridiculous considering how long it's been worked on. "blah blah blah we don't have the match-up experience" is bullocks, I'm sure at this point between all of us all these match-ups have been fought and SOMETHING can go there.

You know what the problem is? Some respectable person in a character board (likely the mod) starts a match-up topic and does it one character at a time, everyone gets really excited, it gets updated a lot, the match-up gets discussed a lot, and then you move on. Eventually the interval between updates gets longer, people get less excited, and eventually people find it troublesome to put in the effort to discuss things at all and BOOM you're less than half-way through the list. Then the mod quits all together, a new mod comes along to start fresh, he's really excited, and STARTS A NEW TOPIC FROM THE BEGINNING about match-ups and we're stuck in a limbo.

You probably didn't read that, I was basically just *****ing and being a general knob. Dont' worry about it.
^^^this guy, quoted for truth, I think this post should be mandatory at the start of every match up thread.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Just for an update, G&W is 45:55 G&W's favor, and Ganon is 75:25 Lucario's favor (the current Ganon ratio is a typo) from the lucario boards.

pkmntrainer

Smash Rookie
Charizard vs MK should be either 45-55 or 50-50... Rock Smash and N-Air do very well against him

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Charizard vs MK should be either 45-55 or 50-50... Rock Smash and N-Air do very well against him
lol no

I'd advise you actually bother to look up the MU. Heck, look up what this topic is actually for. Here's a hint: it ain't for individual people saying what the MU numbers are.

Top Bottom