• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread: WHAT TIME IS IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I understand that, but they just can't use it while you have a punch... so to avoid nado spam just hold the punch.

And btw as he was getting close to me he remembered and tried to angle away but failed... it was so much fun killing him :)

Ah, This means MK just has to pressure you. but yeah the match-up is closer.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
What do I do when Pit knocks me offstage then hits me with like 5 arrows? Is there any way to avoid that damage?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
neutral b turn around>bairs and take no arrows

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
A good Pit is hard to fight against.

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
hey guys i´m a german DKplayer
I´ve a question
Look at the Fox Boards
I really don´t understand the Matchup between DK and Fox lol
In my opinion 50:50 is ridicilous <_<
vs. Fox i have the most problems
Can you explain it? lol
he punish all
i don´t understand it

crifer

Smash Lord
Hey Nek ^^ Fox is my 2nd...so...
it´s really even, maybe slight DK advantage,
because Fox can deal a lot of damage to DK but all his approaches are not
reliable at all, except dash sheild grab...he approaches with aerials that does not hav as much priority as your aerials, your uair should beat like everything, bair too...
when he is offstage try to gimp him with bair and hang on the edge, so he only can recover onto the stage, which is punishable...
you kill fox @ 80-90 % with punsh or fsmash,
you just have to watch out to not get hit by fair or dair, that deals a lot of damage...
Fox usually kills with upsmash (110% if fresh), dsmash (120?), or bair (110%)...
so watch out for this moves...
against who fox does you have problems?

crifer

Smash Lord
DK vs Sheik is definately DK advantage, probably only bc of weight and kill power,
sheiks ftilt can rack up to like 50 %, if the Sheik does it right they can follow up with grabs and do more damage,
Sheiks kill options are very limited (upsmash, upb)
you shouldnt die before 150 %,
nothing else to say or? her fair is nerfed like hell in comparism to melee, and yeah the only good aerials are nair and bair, but I´m not quite sure...
ahhh I forgot the chain jacket glich, but I dont know if that harms us in any way, maybe while using upB to recover?

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Little kids I leave for a little be and the boards die and begin to explain ridiculous match ups, Pit is a 6-4 DK and I only say it's a 6:4 because a really solid campy pit can rack up some major damage on the big ape.

Dk has way a lot of killing power, his bair destroys many options that pit has to approach from the air. Not to mention his arrows are a joke, maybe doing a slight bit of damage to Dk. But if your a smart good DK just powershield and tilt the arrows so that they don't hit you. It's not so much camp it's more of a I'm trying to keep DK away and he keeps on coming. DK's off stage game against pit is scary. WHy because a pit that runs out of jumps that doesn't go under the stage will get wrecked by DK's up b because DK can drop down jump up b where pit is hit him far off stage and make it back on to the stage without much trouble. SA frames aside DK has too much killing power and too much life longevity to really make this an even matchup.

Oh and was up guys long time no see.XD

CBK

Smash Journeyman
You really think I'd leave you guys alone for too long? I was scared of what was going to happen...as I feared I am needed still.XD

CBK

Smash Journeyman
DOn't worry now big daddy's back and get ready people I've been watching and waiting training and practicing. I seem to see since I stopped playing DK has been moving down the tier list...I'm ready to get him back up.

daisho

Smash Lord
YAY CBK IS BACK!!!

What about the mirror shield? If we have to up b we are basically dead. And his arrows make us use up b since they kill our jumps.

Coffee™

I need it....
Little kids I leave for a little be and the boards die and begin to explain ridiculous match ups, Pit is a 6-4 DK and I only say it's a 6:4 because a really solid campy pit can rack up some major damage on the big ape.

Dk has way a lot of killing power, his bair destroys many options that pit has to approach from the air. Not to mention his arrows are a joke, maybe doing a slight bit of damage to Dk. But if your a smart good DK just powershield and tilt the arrows so that they don't hit you. It's not so much camp it's more of a I'm trying to keep DK away and he keeps on coming. DK's off stage game against pit is scary. WHy because a pit that runs out of jumps that doesn't go under the stage will get wrecked by DK's up b because DK can drop down jump up b where pit is hit him far off stage and make it back on to the stage without much trouble. SA frames aside DK has too much killing power and too much life longevity to really make this an even matchup.
You've clearly never played a Pit that has done more than press the b button and / or is ********. Its not in DKs favor.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I disagree 50/50 against Kirby. DK has a very easy time killing Kirby and fully tipper Punch can KO below 60%.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Man Sage moon is not a good pit, is ********...oh well I'll have to pass on your regards to him. I've played lots of top pit players and if you honestly think it's in pits favor you've got something wrong with your head. I have like I said before played the best players of all characters and have a great incite into matches and styles of play.

But if you think for a second that it's against DK you've never played any good DK's, the fact that you can't recover onto the stage unless you go under and around makes it complicated. Since you have to give up ground on stage and Dk's off stage game is as good as pits minus a few jumps.

Oh and Daisho that shield thing is a joke just like mario's cape because yes it changes direction problem is that DK can just change direction quickly and move the other way back to the stage and pit can't unlike mario change his non attacking momentum when he comes back.

Pit dies way too fast, even a really campy, really agressive, or a mixture of both just don't have the proper tools to beat a DK of equal skill. And come on guys we all know there are no Pits even close the DK player skill levels. I jest I jest, but you really haven't played a good DK I'm talking about top ranked DK's like myself, Jmex, Bum, Bigfoot, and if not mentioned here don't take offense. But you will see why pit can't win just because he can rack up damage doesn't mean DK's killing and living doesn't come into affect. Camp is the best tool you have against DK, and it's weak compared to falco camp or wolf camp.

So I have spoken so it shall be, if you disagree, I would suggest you come to a major west coast tournament and show me why I'm so wrong. I've been right up till now on all my match-ups and no one has showed me different.

I will be at B.I.O. 3, Genesis, S.I.N. in Vegas, and I'll post up which tournaments I will also be attending so you can change my mind.XD And if the words Wi and Fi come keyboard I might just slam my head against my desk when I realize you don't know real match-ups.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Man Sage moon is not a good pit, is ********...oh well I'll have to pass on your regards to him. I've played lots of top pit players and if you honestly think it's in pits favor you've got something wrong with your head. I have like I said before played the best players of all characters and have a great incite into matches and styles of play.

But if you think for a second that it's against DK you've never played any good DK's, the fact that you can't recover onto the stage unless you go under and around makes it complicated. Since you have to give up ground on stage and Dk's off stage game is as good as pits minus a few jumps.

Oh and Daisho that shield thing is a joke just like mario's cape because yes it changes direction problem is that DK can just change direction quickly and move the other way back to the stage and pit can't unlike mario change his non attacking momentum when he comes back.

Pit dies way too fast, even a really campy, really agressive, or a mixture of both just don't have the proper tools to beat a DK of equal skill. And come on guys we all know there are no Pits even close the DK player skill levels. I jest I jest, but you really haven't played a good DK I'm talking about top ranked DK's like myself, Jmex, Bum, Bigfoot, and if not mentioned here don't take offense. But you will see why pit can't win just because he can rack up damage doesn't mean DK's killing and living doesn't come into affect. Camp is the best tool you have against DK, and it's weak compared to falco camp or wolf camp.

So I have spoken so it shall be, if you disagree, I would suggest you come to a major west coast tournament and show me why I'm so wrong. I've been right up till now on all my match-ups and no one has showed me different.

I will be at B.I.O. 3, Genesis, S.I.N. in Vegas, and I'll post up which tournaments I will also be attending so you can change my mind.XD And if the words Wi and Fi come keyboard I might just slam my head against my desk when I realize you don't know real match-ups.

Coffee™

I need it....
Saying Pit cant make it back to the stage against DK is just silly. DK has a decent offstage game but it isn't good enough to simply stop Pit from ever coming back to the stage lol. Hardly any character can boast that claim against Pit and DK definitely isnt one of them. Also I don't know why you think after getting Mirror Shielded you can make it back to the stage. You won't. Ever. Go test it for yourself lol. I've played good DKs and I never said or made it seem like the matchup is ridiculously in favor of Pit but its definitely not 6:4 DK and lol at wolf being a good camper in comparison. Falco is better but Wolf, c'mon man give credit where its due :laugh:

Either way I'm not about to sit down here and make some big drawn out argument with you. If you think he wins 6:4 well whatever.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
DK's offstage game is so ridiculously good. Ask anyone from NC if they're scared of dk offstage and they'll probably tell you they are.

C.box

Smash Journeyman
Saying Pit cant make it back to the stage against DK is just silly. DK has a decent offstage game but it isn't good enough to simply stop Pit from ever coming back to the stage lol. Hardly any character can boast that claim against Pit and DK definitely isnt one of them. Also I don't know why you think after getting Mirror Shielded you can make it back to the stage. You won't. Ever. Go test it for yourself lol. I've played good DKs and I never said or made it seem like the matchup is ridiculously in favor of Pit but its definitely not 6:4 DK and lol at wolf being a good camper in comparison. Falco is better but Wolf, c'mon man give credit where its due :laugh:

Either way I'm not about to sit down here and make some big drawn out argument with you. If you think he wins 6:4 well whatever.
Just saying.. wolf actually has a **** good camp game <_< zero lag fair to space, near lagless bair WoP, blaster that no one can duck under and the second best reflector in the game <_< >_> <_<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom