• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread: WHAT TIME IS IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
yeah how does Boss do that? I saw him get like as much height as you would with double jump momentum, then as his opponents try to edge guard him he just jumps right over them, it's crazy

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
yeah how does Boss do that? I saw him get like as much height as you would with double jump momentum, then as his opponents try to edge guard him he just jumps right over them, it's crazy
From what I saw, he pinched his thumb and forefinger together and pressed the B-button like crazy. Like he moved his whole right hand to do it. Still crazy ****. And Cyphus, I didn't know other Weegees existed that could do it as well, that's pretty scary.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I hate pit. Definitely needs to be addressed because Luigi is fairly simple.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
How are you supposed to get out of metaknight's tornado spam? I can usually deal with it fine when I'm on the ground but once I get in the air I'm pretty much ****ed. It might just be because m2k is the only good metaknight I've played but once he got me in the air I couldn't get down from nader spam.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
How are you supposed to get out of metaknight's tornado spam? I can usually deal with it fine when I'm on the ground but once I get in the air I'm pretty much ****ed. It might just be because m2k is the only good metaknight I've played but once he got me in the air I couldn't get down from nader spam.
Play on Norfair. Run away to the outside ledges.

I haven't been able to find any other good methods of getting around really good nado spam.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
As for nado you are kinda screwed but they don't like to do it off of the edges and they also tend to stop if you interrupt them like 3 times in a row with the dair.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
m2k went over the ledge with his nader to get me while I was hanging on the ledge. I couldn't do anything against it while on the ledge.

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
lol............. just drop down and then grab the ledge until you think mk's tornado is ended so u can punish easy as ... pie

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
You can't really punish tornado lag.

d smash if they're close or fox trot a down b if they move away.

pit is dumb, arrows are dumb, mirror shield is really dumb, wingdashing is dumb. match up is beyond dumb.

55-45 DK idk if 60-40 is going over. I've only played against 1 pit in all of my brawling career.

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah I'd say pit is definitely Pit's advantage.... probably 40:60 at least

He arrows you offstage to prevent you from getting back without using up-b, then mirror shields your up-b for the gimp. :dizzy:

Not to mention his big, lingering multi-hit aerials are really annoying because DK is so huge. Get juggled :(

Plus, DK doesn't have any sort of projectile to hit pit out of his up-b, so he can just go around you or above you or under the stage to avoid getting gimped.

I played Tapion's pit a couple weeks ago at a tourney, the only reason I won was cause I got lucky and he didn't feel like camping. (plus the first game he used snake instead of pit, lol. DK > Snake)
tough matchup....

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
crap, I should've got some games against nezumi today, she's got a crazy pit.

anyway, ftilt helps a lot in this matchup, and pit has major ko problems against dk. stock differences really add up, just be careful of shield gimps. With good SDI you screw with a lot of pits moves and it makes the matchup significantly easier.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
pit scares me. The Longevity of pitt's attacks make it almost impossible to airdodge anything when you're above him.
Arrows rack up alot of damage when you're off stage, you can realisitcally edgeguard him often, he can mirrorshield you at low damage chainthrow with F.throw into upthrow-upair mindgames.
Good pits i've played: Kawn and Esca. (TX pits) Very tough matchups. When i fought esca i had a little more confidence and was able to secure victory in our friendlies, yet it was far from easy.

DK Advice:
running towards a spamming pit----> powershield arrows into DownB when you get in range)

I'm looking for good DKs who have alot of Pit exp to comment here though, until otherwise: i'm inclined to believe this matchup falls in PItts favor 60:40. (he ***** DK in edgeguarding!! >:O)

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
I play Rogue Pit on a regular basis, easily the best pit on the east coast. I have beaten him in tourney though, and I'd like to say I know the matchup pretty well.

It's def in Pit's adv. A lot of multi-hitting moves like uair and nair combined with DK's big frame makes him a prime target for combos. But you can SDI out of them. Bair is super good in this matchup. Make sure to stall when recovering, otherwise you get Mirror Shielded. DK is also a prime target for bair, Pit's deadliest move, easily killing you before 120. 0-50 forward throw chainthrow from Pit also.

Arrows can gimp you when you use your double jump, leading into mirror shield guarding. Hard to cancel when you are offstage also. You still kill him a lot earlier than he does you, and grounded upB still *****. Use dtilt instead of ftilt.

6:4, Pit's favor.

kown

Smash Lord
Arrows rack up alot of damage when you're off stage, you can realisitcally edgeguard him often, he can mirrorshield you at low damage chainthrow with F.throw into upthrow-upair mindgames.
Good pits i've played: Kawn and Esca. (TX pits) Very tough matchups. When i fought esca i had a little more confidence and was able to secure victory in our friendlies, yet it was far from easy.
<_< kOwn!!! haha yea this one is definitely in pits favor....what can dk do to planking? jw

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
If a planker doesn't ledge snap perfectly or go above the ledge just a little they will most likely eat a kill move. I guess we could also super armor up b off the ledge and hover there until we grab it. Idk if that works though I've never tried it. If it did that would be a supreme anti planking strategy.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I would pay several thousand dollars to have pit banned from video games forever.

kown

Smash Lord
Sounds reasonable.... The only problem
is the zero to death pit has vs dk. 0_o.... Just make sure you know what to do against planking!!!!

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
@ kown - what 0-death? I'm pretty sure DK can DI out of anything pit does that isn't the CG, which only goes to like 50.

also, good pits still occasionally use sideb, nezumi does it all the time, she just makes sure that it's by the ledge so they can't easily DI out and punish

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
You should put an indepth match-up discussion for each character in the OP. Or put a link to where the discussion is. Also listing the pros and con of each character for the match-up along with how to win the match-up. It would help newer players alot more then giving a basic summary as to why the match-up is at the ratio its at.

Edit: I see that there are some good explanations for some match-ups but most are just summaries and very little guide. Why not try organizing it a bit more?

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Edit: I see that there are some good explanations for some match-ups but most are just summaries and very little guide. Why not try organizing it a bit more?
Time constraints, have other crap to type

BUT, once I do get time I'm going to have a whole giant guide up.

on the matchups though, if one person would like to write a long post summarizing key points and giving general advice (see: ripple and the ICs) I will post it up front

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Time constraints, have other crap to type

BUT, once I do get time I'm going to have a whole giant guide up.

on the matchups though, if one person would like to write a long post summarizing key points and giving general advice (see: ripple and the ICs) I will post it up front

Ah, ok. I see. Thanks for the explanation

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Actually heavyweights have good match ups with fast lightweights. They can't KO easily since they are usually very weak while the heavyweight can KO them too easily.

daisho

Smash Lord

IMO I think DK loses it badly because he gets ***** by nado spam.
If you have a punch charged up then he can't use the tornado at all... ever. I kill my friend so often because he uses the nado and I just punch him...

Today I played him and survived to 200% about once per match.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
If you have a punch charged up then he can't use the tornado at all... ever. I kill my friend so often because he uses the nado and I just punch him...

Today I played him and survived to 200% about once per match.

Smart MKs wont be foolish with nado xD

daisho

Smash Lord

Smart MKs wont be foolish with nado xD
I understand that, but they just can't use it while you have a punch... so to avoid nado spam just hold the punch.

And btw as he was getting close to me he remembered and tried to angle away but failed... it was so much fun killing him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom