• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread Directory

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Here's the thread of the original MU Discussion just in case you were looking for it:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188116

As y'all proposed on the Q&A, This thread will be used for discussing any matchups we have trouble with OR just ones that we need clarification on.

Each week, we will discuss one character unless we deem there needs to be an extension to cover some un-finished arguments and tie loose ends. Character threads listed below. If you have anything to add, feel free to discuss said characters even after their designated week has passed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

King Dedede

Falco

Olimar

Donkey Kong

Meta Knight

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
This thing might come in handy....

Also, my vote for the first week:

:dedede:

TOPIX

Smash Apprentice
I would've said Sheik, but after having to face DDD 2 tournaments in a row...my vote goes for :dedede:

Susi

Smash Apprentice
:falco:

D3, decent players can do good with him vs Ness without knowing the character <_<

Vote goes for :falco: though

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
BREAK

First week of Discussion is D3.

Votes for other characters carry over, but I'll remember who you voted for.

you can change your vote at any time.

baconator25

Smash Cadet
I personally want to discuss :lucario: next even though I feel like the only one. I play the match up almost every day and still get consistently 2-stocked.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, so we have a 3-way tie.

Falco,
Lucario,
Diddy.

SOMEONE ELSE MAKE A VOTE OR ELSE IT'S GONNA BE FALCO!

Nido

ily Sebby
I'd like :pikachu: discussion
People say it's close to our favour but it gives me the ****s

baconator25

Smash Cadet
Since we've already done two of Ness' most depressing match ups, I'd personally like NOT to do another one like G&W or Marth. It seems everyone's going to vote for someone different again and I know no one else wants to discuss Lucario, so I'll change my vote to Pikachu for this week, since I lost to one at the last tourney I was at.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Really wishing I had more time to contribute to this (specially seeing as how I actually like the Falco MU lol) but that's uni exams for you :p

One discussion I think I would benefit from would be :olimar: seeing as how I still have trouble against him despite the even MU. Though this may be because the only two I've ever fought are Tin Man (#1 on our PR) and Logic lmao. Either way my vote goes or the potato head ;)

Nido

ily Sebby
Really wishing I had more time to contribute to this (specially seeing as how I actually like the Falco MU lol) but that's uni exams for you :p

One discussion I think I would benefit from would be :olimar: seeing as how I still have trouble against him despite the even MU. Though this may be because the only two I've ever fought are Tin Man (#1 on our PR) and Logic lmao. Either way my vote goes or the potato head ;)
Lol that's rough
I have a few problems with Olimar but not nearly as much as Pikachu and Peach
But then again I don't play many good Olimars

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
BREAK

I didn't do this for last week, but I might as well now.

Here's my take on the situation. The tie is between Toon Link, Pika, and Olimar. Of top Toon Link players, there's MJG and maybe a handful of others. Of top Pika, there's ESAM and a couple others whose names I forget at the moment. Anther used to play, but he disappeared. Of Olimar, there are several noteable names. Logic, Fino, Rich Brown, (etc), and then Brood and Nietono from across the way in japan. Since he's more prevalent from my perspective, I say Olimar deserves the week's discussion.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ness IS bad. Thank you for clarifying that. He has bad matchups against most of the cast.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
We should just list all of our matchups at like 40/60 or worse so people think we're crappy and then keep clinching reasonably high spots at tournaments.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Alright, let's try to keep a somewhat serious tone in this thread for discussing MUs. There are a lot of one line posts in here without any real substance.

It's probably better if people explain why they voted for a specific character matchup to be discussed.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Alright, let's try to keep a somewhat serious tone in this thread for discussing MUs. There are a lot of one line posts in here without any real substance.

It's probably better if people explain why they voted for a specific character matchup to be discussed.
Yeah, I suppose that'd be best.

Some people have been mentioning that it's a matchup they don't like or that they've played someone recently who played [x] character, so that seemed relatively reasonable for "who to discuss" votes.

I don't remember which character I said...

Basically my vote order went D3 First because we hadn't seen that matchup discussed in forever and some people, such as myself, would have trouble and need some form of resource to get it.
After that, Falco because I got wrecked by a falco in tourney last year and Whenever I play a good falco I'm just like "****! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?"
From there, I say whoever and don't care.

baconator25

Smash Cadet
After getting wrecked by Will at my last tournament, I'd like to give my vote for next week to DK. I know DK beats us pretty hard, but from not having as much match up experience as I'd like, I don't really know how what to do or what to expect, so yeah.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I would like to hear a Pikachu matchup discussion. A couple of tournaments ago, I played a couple of Pikachu's and everytime they Down-B'ed me, I kept wanting to Magnet, although I knew better than to do that, I just got Absorb Hungry and kept doing it, which right after led to my death...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I'm gonna wipe the vote count because I lost track.

Starting from the last BREAK that I posted.

:dk2: -- 1
:pikachu2: -- 1

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Diddy :diddy:

I think this match is interesting,some people say this is even and others says this is a big advantage for Diddy,so let discuss it

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Why do you add 2 ratios in MU? You should just stick with the ones that the chart concluded to reduce bias.
This could be to promote discussion of whether we think that ratio is still correct, which I think is a good idea.

Also I'm also going to throw my vote in here for :dkbrawl: seeing as how I have MANY active DKs in my region and this really IS a troublesome MU for Ness. I personally also find this MU really instructive in applying some of the finer points of Ness' game given how it's played (or at least how I play it and have seen it played lol) and I personally feel there's a lot to be gained by learning it. But that's just me ;)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
it's only dead because I rarely play this game anymore. I've sorta moved onto "children's card games."

It seems like DK. Because 3 ppl voted for him, so

BREAK

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
No, the DK thread's been up for a while, but it hasn't gotten any discussion yet. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321873 Eagle was probably waiting for a bit more on that one before gathering votes for a different character. And of course people can discuss previous mu threads all they like.

But maybe the voting system isn't working as well as we'd hoped. We could always just go down (or up) the list in order.

Top Bottom