• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Discussion: Pikachu

Omari

Smash Journeyman
@ESAM: Do you. Personally, I prefer not to talk **** (IMO) because then I'd be setting expectations which won't always come true. Aside from that, I'm hoping nothing but the best for you at #5 & learning even more new **** from any smasher(s) I can. Thanks.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If people didn't ****-talk the game would be boring. **** talk makes it alive, but you have to learn the personal limits of the ****-talk.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If people didn't ****-talk the game would be boring. **** talk makes it alive, but you have to learn the personal limits of the ****-talk.
This. ****-talking makes the game that much more fun, so long as neither party takes it seriously/personally.

SKidd

Smash Master
I think good players should keep at least a little humility...

Anyway, I'd like to hear more about the matchup, or another thread on a different character.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Pika has a great evassive style, patience will help u in this MU. Kill him horizontaly and be careful against his OosNair and Fsmash...

MU ratio: Even/slightly advantage -

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
>_> Still in Pikachu's favor 55:45. If you guys put anything else you will be fooling your players. Seriously...

It was fun to see you Omari/Inferno. Pikachu2gud

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't mind trash talking from fellow smashers & my point was that I don't like trash talking myself (mainly because whenever I get hyper IRL...I lose my voice pretty fast ha ha).

Forgot to $5-10 MM you ESAM, the sets at #5 were mad fun & thanks for your help bro.

Definitely looking forward to playing you again!

Hypothesizing each character's MU ratios are definitely helpful but I'd like to focus more on how to win with Mario as ESAM helped me with as Mario. If anyone wants to know how I did in my pool, ask the smashers in them & the only event I regret at #5 was getting sick Saturday (sleeping most of the day & somehow everyone caught a cold).

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I was gonna play you but you were bored of playing Mario. Seeing such an amazing player in action and actually seeing why Pikachu is so good, I agree with 55:45 Pikachu. The slight Pikachu advantage comes solely from the fact that Pikachu is such an amazing character. It's too bad Pikachu is hard to pick up.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I'll agree slight advantage Pikachu. Though we have cape to reflect thunder and sparks, Pikachu is faster then us with more reliable kill moves. One of Mario's main strengths is his ability to gimp others and Pikachu is one of those characters which is insanely hard to gimp if the Pikachu knows what its doing.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah guys, I did say a long time ago, this matchup is clearly in Pikachu's favor. You can criticize it for being wifi, but I do think my matches against Volt_Storm_7 that are somewhere on youtube represent the matchup accurately.

It really comes down to his better tilts imo. In the air, he's okay to deal with minus the fact killing him is annoying. On the ground though he's just a better character, which sucks, because you have to legitimately outplay him on the ground to win.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You might've but the metagame has changed. Pikachu has definitely shown himself as a better character and having advantages on high tiers like Snake, Falco, and Dedede. Mario on the other hand has not really evolved.

Definitely slight Pikachu advantage.

Top Bottom