• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATCH UPS....throw anything you got.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well if BO X7 plays with me I'll tell you my insight...at least from my experience with his Mario and my Ike.

Although I'm typing this out as I wait for him to join the room. On paper it seems to go pretty even, Mario has stuff going for him. F.L.U.D.D., Cape (though I try not to fall for that kind of stuff, a nice juggling game; especially with Ike on the heavier side, etc.

However Mario might have a hard time killing Ike if he isn't going for gimp kills. Ike also does have some speedy moves, and all of his attacks; slow and fast, have killing potential when fresh. If Mario makes one mistake it could cost him the Stock.

I'll give you more later.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hm...I think I'll gladly make a general argument here, mainly because I not only play a Mario quite a bit, but also because HeroMystic is apparently expecting me to say something.

Let me just say that Ike pretty much edges out Mario on the ground thanks to the Jab combo and he beats out Mario in the air with the Fair/Nair. It's not really a terrible match-up for Mario, though. I used to think it was something like 6/4 Ike's favor but I guess it could easily be something like 5.5/4.5.

The main thing Mario has in this match-up (And the only thing that really makes him appealing) is the fact that he can gimp Ike if he's not careful. Cape can get Ike going to the stage offguard, though you might eat a Fair for your troubles. Fludd is pretty cool, but if Ike recovers low enough or decides to use Quick Draw for a change you'll be hard pressed to counter that. He also has combo ability at low percents, so that helps.

At the same time, it's rather hard to not get KOed by Ike really early, so I'd generally watch out for that. On the flip side, Ike isn't really some heavy beast and isn't terribly hard to hit with Mario's Forward Smash, though a whiffed attempted may lead to you dying to an Ftilt or something.

The match as a whole is pretty close to even, which is usually the case with characters that are complete opposites.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I would dare to say Ike cannot play defensively, as he has no projectiles and his ledge camping sucks, so he’ll always be close to his opponent. He’ll be zooning of course, because that’s the smart way to engage his opponents.

In this matchup, I believe that Mario will be at disadvantage in terms of approaching because the jab will make approaching really hard in the ground and in the air Mario should face something similar but with retreating Fairs and Nairs.

Mario certainly is at advantage in gimping and not being gimped though, so Ike should rely more on his smashes for KO’ing. So, in terms of gimping, I’ve never experienced problems dealing with F.L.U.D.D.; just with the cape. The F.L.U.D.D. can be avoided by airdodging at the right time and/or spacing the UpB correctly, the cape can be avoided with reverse Aether.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would think that Marios would want to approach with Fireballs and Nairs, be them activated on the first frames or sex-kicked, it seems like a decent approach. Not unless Mario would want to try and risk getting Dair shielded and countered via grabs/jabs.

I wonder how Mario could do as for getting back offstage if he is knocked off. Like Marth, Mario can stale with his Cape, aand we all know how floaty Ike is and will have to eventually come back to the stage himself before he continues anymore with offstage kill attempts, although Ike has 1/2 the distance of FD on his Fair, so it probably seems easier said for Mario to get back on stage than it is done.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario has slight advantage on Ike. Something like 6/4 Mario.

Ike has a lot more range than Mario, so getting inside his range is the main issue for Mario. However once Mario is inside, he starts outperforming Ike in some critical areas. Forcing Ike to get close is not hard since Mario can camp with the Fireball, and Ike is pretty lousy at dealing with it.

Almost all of Ike's aerial approaches can be punished by U-smash out of shield easily. Trust me, it works. Likewise, Up-B out of shield is also pretty good against him, and probably counters his Jab, although it's likely nobody here has gotten the hang of Up-Bing against his Jab.

Mario's D-smash comes out pretty fast, I think it outprioritizes Ike's first Jab, and it gets Ike off the stage pretty easily at moderately high percents. If Mario has a fully charged FLUDD, he has a good shot at edgeguarding Ike whether he uses QD to recover or Aether. If he uses Aether, Mario can outprioritize it with FLUDD and gimp him. If Ike uses QD, FLUDD will screw his momentum badly, putting Ike in a position where he will most likely get punished by another Smash attack.

Lastly, Ike is not hard to combo from a D-throw, and his counter doesn't save him from being juggled effectively due to being too slow.

Basically, the only thing that doesn't make this matchup any worse for Ike is simply due to Ike's massive range over Mario.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I don’t think so Kinzer, Mario would have a hard time getting that close to Ike for landing his Nair. I think that Bair is much more viable.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I wonder how Mario could do as for getting back offstage if he is knocked off. Like Marth, Mario can stale with his Cape, aand we all know how floaty Ike is and will have to eventually come back to the stage himself before he continues anymore with offstage kill attempts, although Ike has 1/2 the distance of FD on his Fair, so it probably seems easier said for Mario to get back on stage than it is done.
Ike's F-air isn't really any trouble at all for Mario. It's Ike's pressure game at the ledge that's a large problem for Mario. We practically have nothing to answer for it due to Mario's lack of range. Best we can do is stall at the ledge, wait for a whiffed attack, and quickly get back to the middle of the stage.

This is why majority of the time. It's Mario's best interest to quickly get back onto the stage and avoid the ledge if possible. In most cases this isn't hard at all if we DI diagonally upward to stuff like his Jab and F-tilt.

Btw, don't use Quick Draw to recover. Mario can easily cape the rather high momentum in the opposite direction and we can also FLUDD it to kill it's movement completely.

@A2ZOMG: Mario's Up-B DOES counter Ike's jabs.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don’t think so Kinzer, Mario would have a hard time getting that close to Ike for landing his Nair. I think that Bair is much more viable.
Bair can be used, I see. But mistime the bairs (as the hit frames are short...but that's what makes it a great move), and it works the same way that Ike can react if Mario whiffs the Bair.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Almost all of Ike's aerial approaches can be punished by U-smash out of shield easily. Trust me, it works. Likewise, Up-B out of shield is also pretty good against him, and probably counters his Jab, although it's likely nobody here has gotten the hang of Up-Bing against his Jab.
What? I don't see how Mario's Usmash can punish or aerial approach "easily". It's not like we are approaching him from above. And Mario can’t interrupt the jab sequence if the Ike doesn’t cancel it. And the second hit might send Mario too far away to punish Ike if he cancels the sequence.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm not sure what A2 is talking about with the U-Smash punishing (Unless Ike is using something other than N-air to approach, then I can see that).

However, Mario's Up-B DOES work against Ike's Jab Cancel. I don't remember if it works against the full combo (and I can't test it either. No Wii-mote), but all Mario has to do is DI towards Ike and the Up-B will work everytime against Ike's jab cancel.

EDIT: Btw, why does everyone want to play against BO X7? Take on Boss if you wanna get your butt whupped. :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Actually BO X7 challenged me.

Edit: though he has yet to reply to me...Uhm why don't you be the embassador Hero?

bobson

Smash Lord
I've never 1v1'd an Ike without gimping him at least once during the match.
Get him off the stage and don't let him come back.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
However, Mario's Up-B DOES work against Ike's Jab Cancel. I don't remember if it works against the full combo (and I can't test it either. No Wii-mote), but all Mario has to do is DI towards Ike and the Up-B will work everytime against Ike's jab cancel.
I’ve tested Marth’s UpB effectiveness for canceling the Ike 's full jab sequence with a human Marth and he can only do so when he has been caught by the jab in the air due to longer gaps between the hits when caught in that position. I believe Mario’s UpB has a longer startup lag and smaller hitbox, so I don’t think he capable of interrupting the jab sequence if the Ike player doesn’t cancel it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Well if BO X7 plays with me I'll tell you my insight...at least from my experience with his Mario and my Ike.
You're definitely in for a treat. Bo's no joke.

Although I'm typing this out as I wait for him to join the room. On paper it seems to go pretty even, Mario has stuff going for him. F.L.U.D.D., Cape (though I try not to fall for that kind of stuff, a nice juggling game; especially with Ike on the heavier side, etc.
It's not really a matter of falling for it. Mario will Fludd Ike during his upB before he begins to come down and when he can't grab the edge or do much of anything. If Fludd is charged and you're in range, there's little you can do to stop this. My advice would be to switch it up as best as you can with QD or doing Aether higher to stop the Fludd since the last hits of aether with the sword outstretched cancel out Fludd.

However Mario might have a hard time killing Ike if he isn't going for gimp kills. Ike also does have some speedy moves, and all of his attacks; slow and fast, have killing potential when fresh. If Mario makes one mistake it could cost him the Stock.
Not really. It won't be easy, no doubt, but Fsmash has quite a bit of range and power especially if it's not diminished. Also, don't forget about Dsmash which can easily knock Ike offstage and can be done from jab cancel and Usmash which kills it decent percents as well undiminished.

Let me just say that Ike pretty much edges out Mario on the ground thanks to the Jab combo and he beats out Mario in the air with the Fair/Nair. It's not really a terrible match-up for Mario, though. I used to think it was something like 6/4 Ike's favor but I guess it could easily be something like 5.5/4.5.
Keep in mind that Mario's jab game isn't too far behind either. Our grab game is also a big plus in this matchup because of followups from Fthrow and Dthrow. Our Utilt is also an awesome combo starter/renewer.

The main thing Mario has in this match-up (And the only thing that really makes him appealing)
Well ouch :ohwell:

is the fact that he can gimp Ike if he's not careful. Cape can get Ike going to the stage offguard, though you might eat a Fair for your troubles. Fludd is pretty cool, but if Ike recovers low enough or decides to use Quick Draw for a change you'll be hard pressed to counter that. He also has combo ability at low percents, so that helps.
Fludd also slows down QD and keeps him in the air long enough to cape him offstage. Both of Ike's recovery options are relatively easy to take care of, but you have to be ready for them. The ideal situation is to QD over Mario or on the ledge as he's waiting for the Aether or Aether as he's waiting for QD.

Also keep in mind that these aren't Shiek Ftilt combos or mere Utilt chains, these are the ones that Uair, Bair, Utilt, jab, and Dthrow you until you manage to gain some space, particularly easy to land on Ike because of his fallspeed.

At the same time, it's rather hard to not get KOed by Ike really early, so I'd generally watch out for that. On the flip side, Ike isn't really some heavy beast and isn't terribly hard to hit with Mario's Forward Smash, though a whiffed attempted may lead to you dying to an Ftilt or something.
Indeed

The match as a whole is pretty close to even, which is usually the case with characters that are complete opposites.
I've always found these types of matches to be as far apart as their respective characteristics are from each other. But yeah, pretty even...except I'm leaning toward adv Mario because he can combo well, has an okay time approaching, and the good gimping potential. And when the fight comes to outright killing and spacing, Mario can hold his own at that as well.

I would dare to say Ike cannot play defensively, as he has no projectiles and his ledge camping sucks, so he’ll always be close to his opponent. He’ll be zooning of course, because that’s the smart way to engage his opponents.
Still, that zoning game is the kind of playstyle that Mario can't really get around because of range. It's still a defensive playstyle because it's stopping our attack.

In this matchup, I believe that Mario will be at disadvantage in terms of approaching because the jab will make approaching really hard in the ground and in the air Mario should face something similar but with retreating Fairs and Nairs.
I'd agree with you here if fireballs didn't work so well. Even though I don't make this a habit, I can often powershield the Fair and make it in to start a combo and keep it going.

So, in terms of gimping, I’ve never experienced problems dealing with F.L.U.D.D.; just with the cape. The F.L.U.D.D. can be avoided by airdodging at the right time and/or spacing the UpB correctly, the cape can be avoided with reverse Aether.
There's no "airdodging at the right time" because Fludd is done when you can't airdodge; during your upB while you're spinning in the air. During that time, Fludd pushes you far enough from the edge that everytime you won't be able to grab it.

There's no "spacing the upB" either because even if you're right above the edge, high above the stage, or practically touching the ledge, Fludd consistently pushes your upB so far during a time where you can't react that there's no way that you can grab the ledge. The only way that Fludd won't reach you is if you're under the stage where you won't reach either.

I would think that Marios would want to approach with Fireballs and Nairs, be them activated on the first frames or sex-kicked, it seems like a decent approach. Not unless Mario would want to try and risk getting Dair shielded and countered via grabs/jabs.
These didn't work at all while I was fighting Rykoshet because his spacing was impeccable. The only safe approach was following behind fireballs and going from there to punish the hitstun.

SHDair usually lands behind you or spaces away from you where you can't shieldgrab. It also autocancels so punishing ending lag really wouldn't be a problem either. The problem is that Ike's jab outprioritizes Dair and Nair IIRC, and Ike's SHNair, which beats both, can be combo'd from and rack up unnecessary damage.

Well, Mario also has fireballs to help his approach and a high priority upB with invinicbility frames at the beginning; very similar to Marth's.

I haven't been able to try this, but I think Mario's Fludd is capable of pushing Ike back onstage if he's not doing his Fair.

Edit: Bo is easier to contact and get with online since Boss doesn't have a Wii. I'd play as well if my disc wasn't so silly.

Mario approaching with aerials should only work if Ike messes up. Even with Bair or Nair or w/e, Ike's aerials vastly outrange ours and can easily outspace us. Things like that are what you're looking to punish.

I find a well-spaced Fair to be a very big problem to deal with, Hero. My ledge options haven't really been that big an issue, even though it's definitely not a good position. Ike's Fair has so much range that even if we powershield it, we barely have enough time to get inside before he can jab us and kick us back out. It kills all other approach methods than fireballs.

I also forgot about our OOS options...is Ike affected by FIHL?

I'm still saying 55:45 Mario btw. That or even.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Mario's Up-B start-up is a bit longer, but it also has invincibility frames, just like Marth's. The hitbox is smaller, but it's big enough that he can still hit Ike from slightly above.

Nonetheless, it should be tested with Mario. It's bothering me like an itch and I can't do it myself since my Wiimote is gone. :ohwell:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Not easily, that's for sure.

As for U-smash out of shield, the point is Mario's U-smash is fast and has a pretty big hitbox. Ike is a pretty slow character. If Ike tries to attack Mario's shield and it isn't a perfectly spaced F-air, it will almost always be within range of a U-smash, which you can do out of shield the same way you do Up-B out of shield.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Well that seems to take care of that. Seriously though, if FLUDD is going to be used in an attempt to gimp Aether, the best choice seems to do it so low that the sword barely goes above the ledge, if that.

As for U-smash out of shield, the point is Mario's U-smash is fast and has a pretty big hitbox. Ike is a pretty slow character. If Ike tries to attack Mario's shield and it isn't a perfectly spaced F-air, it will almost always be within range of a U-smash, which you can do out of shield the same way you do Up-B out of shield.
Ah, but what about an AC'd nair?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Well that seems to take care of that. Seriously though, if FLUDD is going to be used in an attempt to gimp Aether, the best choice seems to do it so low that the sword barely goes above the ledge, if that.
And this is easily solved by an edgehog by Mario.

Ike truly is at the mercy of Mario whenever he's offstage.

And N-air has too little lag to be punished in general, unless Mario does Up-B out of shield or a shield-grab.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well, if Ike is trying set himself up in that position, you do realize that Mario is able to also Cape Ike and gimp him?

*elaborating more on U-smash out of shield*

Mario's U-smash has more horizontal range than Ike's N-air...I think. Basically, do not underestimate its range in this matchup.

Here is what happens if Ike doesn't use a perfectly spaced F-air on Mario's shield:
If Ike N-airs, Mario can U-smash out of shield after the shieldstun, and it will usually hit Ike before he lands on the ground.

Same thing happens if Ike D-airs.

Ike is rarely ever going to use B-air or U-air close to the ground so whatever. Basically only F-air is safe on Mario's shield.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
There's no "airdodging at the right time" because Fludd is done when you can't airdodge; during your upB while you're spinning in the air. During that time, Fludd pushes you far enough from the edge that everytime you won't be able to grab it.

There's no "spacing the upB" either because even if you're right above the edge, high above the stage, or practically touching the ledge, Fludd consistently pushes your upB so far during a time where you can't react that there's no way that you can grab the ledge. The only way that Fludd won't reach you is if you're under the stage where you won't reach either.
By airdodging at the right time I’ve meant when Ike is going under the stage for using Aether and recovering and the Mario uses the F.L.U.D.D. to push him away. I was not referring to it use while Ike is performing Aether.

By “spacing the UpB” I was referring to vertical spacing. Ike can sweetspot the ledge if he is close enough, even without touching it (Like everyone in this game, wheren’t there times that you grabbed the ledge from so far under it that it surprised yourself?). By doing that I won’t propel myself over the ledge or at the same level than it, where I can be hit by your water gun, I’ll be under the ledge.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You can play my Mario too guys. I kinda suck, but I'm smart. And I upload replays to YT.

I also second Ike too.

Ah, but what about an AC'd nair?
Up-B out of shield if he's going for the Jab I guess.

But anyhow, usually when Mario U-smashes out of shield against that, he will hit Ike before he lands.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
And this is easily solved by an edgehog by Mario.

Ike truly is at the mercy of Mario whenever he's offstage.

And N-air has too little lag to be punished in general, unless Mario does Up-B out of shield or a shield-grab.
Yeah… A well timed edgehog can kill Ike independently of the character you’re using. I guess that’s the same for most of the cast to some extent.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
By airdodging at the right time I’ve meant when Ike is going under the stage for using Aether and recovering and the Mario uses the F.L.U.D.D. to push him away. I was not referring to it use while Ike is performing Aether.
The Mario will not waste FLUDD unless Ike is either doing QD (should not do that unless you're high in the air) or Aether. Any moment before that is most likely to be a setup for a Cape gimp, which is not the best alternative.

BO X7 said:
Because im good :p
True, true. :laugh:

Guilhe

Smash Ace
The Mario will not waste FLUDD unless Ike is either doing QD (should not do that unless you're high in the air) or Aether. Any moment before that is most likely to be a setup for a Cape gimp, which is not the best alternative.
Yeah, good Marios won’t do that, but not so good ones? Probably. Ike got to keep an eye on that because he’ll get killed if it connects.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Yeah, good Marios won’t do that, but not so good ones? Probably. Ike got to keep an eye on that because he’ll get killed if it connects.
yeah, well when your talking about a matchup you only consider high levels of play, so a not so good mario wouldn't even be considered in this debate.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
All Marios must get Ike offstage... god I had to use Quickdraw recovery more in my matches with BO X7 alone than I have ever had to use combined with all my other matches for as long as I can remember playing Brawl.

Trying to go for an Aether recovery was always dangerous because somehow he would put me in a situation where he would A) Edgehog me, or B) Mindgaming me into a Cape-Reveresed Aether to my doom. Did I mention that if I had tried to reverse Aether before he could cape me would probably get no results seeing as how the Cape SOMEHOW put more emphasize on my DI and would probably have made my Aether go under the lip of FD or whatever.

As for Ike's defense...I have to say BO X7 did some funky stuff with my Jabs...you can ask him because I forgot but he actually interrupted my full jab combo, and it wasn't usually with the Up-B. Anyway Fair needs to be properly used Vs. Mario. and if you're going to Nair, at least try and do it past Mario and end up behind him so it isn't all THAT easy for him to punish you after...Same thing with Dair. oh and the usual mindgames into Fsmash and Ftilt will work too, just read your opponent...because I couldn't usually read BO X7 that well...Just be really careful with your attacks, you can't afford to whife/improperly space.

I would say that Mario would have a slight advantage versus Ike (I'm talking 60-40 Mario). Listen to what people have said, Mario has a great Shield-game.

P.S. F.L.U.D.D. really isn't a viable gimping option for Ike's Aether because somehow the blade would've eaten up the water if I always aimed for the ledge instead of overshooting...otherwise if I do overshoot it kills the same way Capes can.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Oddly enough, I consider this a pretty close matchup despite the fact that these characters are polar opposites. Ike's range would seem the be the biggest problem on the surface...but his jab game is what will break you here. His jab cancel options and can be done from autocancelled Nair and grab release IIRC. They consistently rack up as much as 20% from jabs -> aether or w/e their many options are. Ike's aerial range also kills many of our approaches and kills our spacing nearly as bad as Olimar's grabs. To top it off, Ike can KO at very low %s and is capable of edgeguarding with Fair, Fsmash or Eruption from the ledge.

Mario CAN, however, approach via fireballs and combo pretty well because of Ike's fallspeed (I'm not sure if Ike can reliably escape with Nair or Aether). While close, Ike's most reliable method of getting you to back the hell off is his broken jab game. Be wary of this, or you won't have any chance of consistently racking up damage enough to KO him. Also remember, fireballs are terrible for camping/spamming/forcing opposition approach; do not try this vs Ike. He has the tools to keep you away and keep you away.

Mario can also gimp Ike pretty well with Fludd during his Aether (Ikes stopped using QD to recover) and push him away before he can grab the ledge. Don't be afraid to capeledgestallthing during the aether if your frames won't last. KO moves aren't too difficult to land on Ike because of his size and speed, just don't try to outspace his Fair; you will lose.

I say 55:45 Mario's advantage mainly because of how reliably he can gimp Ike and how great Mario does offstage.

Edit @ Kinzer: I'd gladly play if my disc still read Ikes. Also, Nevada connections don't agree with me over here in Maryland :laugh:
Ike has a grab release AAA combo on Mario.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201243

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike's recovery does not get destroyed by Mario!! It gets destroyed by everyone...

Mario can't camp Ike, fireballs are not camping material.

Ike is playing stupid if he lets you see his attacks coming.

And Boozer gets combo'd better than Ike, Ike is skinny.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Videos of me vs BO X7, they are from august and wifi =\ though. I still believe they should what both characters have on each other.
I would agree with you... if it was still august. :laugh: Remember what I said about Mario's metagame evolving?

For instance... BO X7 uses Up-B OOS a lot more now, and I think he uses FLUDD on stage a lot more too.

And don't use Fireballs to camp. Only use them to get some breathing room and approaching. Fireballs are not camping material but they should still be used a lot, just intelligently.

Ussi said:
Ike's recovery does not get destroyed by Mario!! It gets destroyed by everyone...
We have a lot more options when it comes to gimping though, so it should be noted.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I really found the Cape more of a threat. Maybe because it was Wi-Fi and all that junk, but I only got F.L.U.D.D. killed by BO X7 once, and even when I did that was a mistake I made on my part. Not only that but Quickdraw recovery sort of negates the pushback effects of F.L.U.D.D. Anyway watehr that last sentence is true or not, my main point is I didn't find it at the least troublesome.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Those matches were definitely epic, especially the music and captions :laugh:

I agree that this shows what each character can do against the other.

Still, Fludd is a bit better at taking advantage of Ike's recovery than your typical edgeguard.

Mario can't camp Ike, fireballs are not camping material.
indeed

Ike is playing stupid if he lets you see his attacks coming.
agreed

And Boozer gets combo'd better than Ike, Ike is skinny.
Still, since Mario has faster attack speed and aerial movement, he can keep up with wherever Ike plans to DI after the combo starter and moves that'd knock him out of the combo. He also doesn't have a Nair like Yoshi's or invinicible upB like Marth to escape (to my knowledge). That sort of puts him in the same boat with Bowser and DK.

Ike's still huge XD

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
"Be quick, time is Mana." Blood Elf or something...from Warcraft III.

But seriously BO X7 should answer your question, he did manage to do it on Wi-Fi...ON WI-FI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom