• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATCH UPS....throw anything you got.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Online has 0 credibility dude. Just play a Kirby live.
I love this "Wifi counts for Nothing" attitude. You know Ally still pwns offline, Boss still ***** online, and Chromepirate placed high in his first offline tourney with mainly online experience to back it? The same people who're good online don't magically get worse offline, they get better. It's true you can't judge whether a player is better solely by online matches (unless it's a complete blowout), but saying that it doesn't matter at all is stupid.

I play online and offline. The lag doesn't make THAT big of a difference.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I love this "Wifi counts for Nothing" attitude. You know Ally still pwns offline, Boss still ***** online, and Chromepirate placed high in his first offline tourney with mainly online experience to back it? The same people who're good online don't magically get worse offline, they get better. It's true you can't judge whether a player is better solely by online matches (unless it's a complete blowout), but saying that it doesn't matter at all is stupid.

I play online and offline. The lag doesn't make THAT big of a difference.
Lol I actually like this. I don't really play offline because no one I know around mine plays competitive and I mostly get my expreince through wifi. And a good 7 months of wifi-ing actually does make a difference. Also green connections just "feels" like your playing offline.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
LOLOLOLOL I'm with Matador about online vs nonline. If you're a good player you will win through mindgames. If you are a bad player you will suck through your predictability.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I hear that all too much. Online doesnt count. It really akes no difference whatsoever. Slightly slower is all.

1 thing that does make a difference and this is because of online. People have already maxed out alot of characters potential. Reason being, you play so many different people at ease online. See so many different things. See so many brawl video's online. Mimic approaches, counters, ect. All melee had was things you read on smashboards, and things you learn you'rself own you're own time dedicating playing through it. As well as attending tournaments to see good players firsthand. Metagame for each character is already at 80% probably. Online done good in my opinion.

A fine example of this is Mew2King, not wanting people to record him while he plays. I wonder why.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
and you wonder why i don't like you, pknintendo. You act like i don't play kirby's live.. just because i want to fight a kirby wifi, because he is inexperienced in playing good mario players. Just stop.

Asidoh, excuse me for my bad memory but i don't remember playing you.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm...I need to get the ratio of the match-up's so I can add it too DangR's Match-up Thread Chart. Hopefully it won't take 2 hours to compile like the list, but if anyone wants to add the win:loss ratio on the previous match-up's it'd be appreciated :).

On to the match-up though, I find Kirby really annoying, especially their dash attack and how it stays out for so long, and the fact that he K.O's me so early. His B moves, and d-air can take out my stock's like nothing. It's crazy O.o

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I grab Kirby a lot if he doesn't space correctly. Dair can be predictable sometimes. I use Kirby and spacing his Dair is harder than spacing his bair and Fair. Shieldgrab his unproperly spaced aerials and Dash attack.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Hmm...I need to get the ratio of the match-up's so I can add it too DangR's Match-up Thread Chart.
I was thinking that as well. We can prolly fill a decent portion of the chart with the discussions we've done.

Anybody notice that we're even with Shiek? I don't remember doing that matchup.

Edit:
A fine example of this is Mew2King, not wanting people to record him while he plays. I wonder why.
I don't blame him. He actually needs the money he gets from the tourneys and whatnot. I wouldn't wanna end up losing because someone predicted me too often from studying my vids...

*Takes vids off youtube*

Matt07

Smash Master
Eh, Sheik can be pretty nasty at times. She can (ftilt?) lock you, and rack up damage like nuts. But she's really light, and fairly easy to K.O, and she has troubles K.O'ing you.

:laugh: Hopefully more Kirby mains can give us more information, so we don't end up talking about two characters a week.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I'm better offline then I am online :[[

Out of curiosity, PKNintendo, do you have any offline tourney stats..?

I do! So does Bo x7, and a few other hand ful of Mario players :D

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm better offline then I am online :[[

Out of curiosity, PKNintendo, do you have any offline tourney stats..?

I do! So does Bo x7, and a few other hand ful of Mario players :D
Once I go to college next year, I won't be in the middle of nowhere and I can actually attend some tournaments :bee:.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I don't blame him. He actually needs the money he gets from the tourneys and whatnot. I wouldn't wanna end up losing because someone predicted me too often from studying my vids...

*Takes vids off youtube*
:laugh: Don't do that now. Then i'd wouldnt be able to steal any approach ideas and move counters from you anymore. :p

But yeah, I agree with him. The dude is a monster. I don't really think it would affect his winning tournaments. He's just that good. Although it would make tourney's more difficult with people using ideas off of his knowledge on the matchup and how he punishes moves & approaches.

Matt07

Smash Master
lol theres no discussion going on because nobody disagrees with anybody...there's almost a consensus 55-45 adv for Kirby

And there really isnt much to the matchup...better comboer/gimper/killer wins

That's about it
:laugh:, true. We finished the discussion in about 2 days. Hmm...what too discuss for the next 5 days.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I grab Kirby a lot if he doesn't space correctly. Dair can be predictable sometimes. I use Kirby and spacing his Dair is harder than spacing his bair and Fair. Shieldgrab his unproperly spaced aerials and Dash attack.
Well, excuse me Princess.

Im not gung ho and something so inefficient. Online will never be perfect. Ever. You make think so, but it's credibility is actually quite bad TBH. The lag screws up chaining attacks, and hinders the games mindgame potential.

I also dislike your attitude. You assume the opponent is an idiot. Why would a Kirby even space with his dair. It's like saying, I can punish any Mario because they use the Fair to approach

Doesn't. Make. Any. Sense.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion

Im not hung ho(I don't think this is what you meant...) and something so inefficient. Only will never be perfect. Ever. You may think so, but it's credibility is actually quite bad TBH. The lag screws up chaining attacks, and hinders the games mindgame potential.

I also dislike your attitude. You assume the opponent is an idiot. Why would a Kirby even space with his dair. It's like saying, I can punish any Mario because they use the Fair to approach

Doesn't. Make. Any. Sense.
Neither does any of your text....I tried to fix it...but I still have no idea what you said

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
No to take sides on the matter. But everybody's an idiot with at least one move or approach per match. When you go into a match with that type of mentalilty. You're able to punish everything in a sense, as long as you know how to go about doing so.. I find Kirby grabbing me more then I can grab him though.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Rofl, there you go again.

Im not hung ho and something so inefficient. Only will never be perfect. Ever. You make think so, but it's credibility is actually quite bad TBH. The lag screws up chaining attacks, and hinders the games mindgame potential.
Only = Online? If so, then...

Nobody even came close to saying "online will be perfect". Nobody's even saying online is good. Anyone with half a brain prefers offline to online but some people just can't get around to play as often as they want; myself included. Online is convenient, that's all. If the lag is low enough, you can get some practice in, commit some things to reflex, learn how to space some attacks, and learn some edgeguarding strategies. Then, if you go to a Smashfest or Tourney, you won't get ***** and sent home, you'll place top 5 like Bo does like every other tourney.

Because Dair has followups.

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, this is getting out of hand....

Well from experience this is what I see a kirby do (Chu's Kirby)
Tries to shuffle Bairs while moving closer to you.
Grabs you when he gets a chance..F throw to Uair about 2 or 3 times
Finishes it with a Bair(You'll be around 50+ after this)
Try to stay away from the ledge...If not you'll be gimped by the B move.
When you break out of the B move he'll Bair you against the wall...If it's a stage like FD your dead.

Way's to Counter this....
You guys already discussed this so there's no point going into further details.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think we need to move on. It's pretty much considered even or small adv Kirby at this point, and changes can be made if the Kirbys have anymore input.

I vote Ike for the next matchup.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
PKNintendo: Answer my question please ^^

I don't know if you have any credibility gameplay wise to be talking much :[
I 2nd this.

Pknintendo, i don't like your attitude either. You make so many assumptions that it has become fallacies. I never said that i prefer online. Here we go again with your idiotic assumptions.

And yes you obviously know little to nothing about kirby. Spacing Dair is hard to execute but it gets predictable since it is used often and has a lot of set ups. Which is why we take an advantage of it if we ever sheild grab it, we grab them. Please.. just stop. Not only me.. but other people are seeing your errors.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I 2nd this.

Pknintendo, i don't like your attitude either. You make so many assumptions that it has become fallacies. I never said that i prefer online. Here we go again with your idiotic assumptions.

And yes you obviously know little to nothing about kirby. Spacing Dair is hard to execute but it gets predictable since it is used often and has a lot of set ups. Which is why we take an advantage of it if we ever sheild grab it, we grab them. Please.. just stop. Not only me.. but other people are seeing your errors.

Clearly if it's used in alot of setups, but gets predictable, the kirby player should just stop.

Something about your avatar pisses the sauce out of me. I'll back off if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom