• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Rediscussion: Jigglypuff

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I wasn't aware you were able to apply thread tag things outside of the AA.

Anyways, Jiggs: ftilt.

Sometimes fsmash.

Great discussion, guys.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I dont think i ever have played a Jigglypuff in my brawl life with peach that was even remotely good o_o

I got nothing

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Peach gives Jiggs a lot of trouble, mainly because of her floating mobility, which allows her to out-space and punish anything in the air, or on the ground.
I'm not ready to elaborate just yet.

60:40 Peach's favor.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol what Meno said

Something cool I learnt from VaNz last time we did this discussion is that if Jigglypuff messes up and aerials right into your shield or Pounds really close to your shield, you can OoS Up Smash her for an early kill

Stutter step F Smash makes it hard for her to approach. Floating means Rollout simply doesn't work (its seriously telegraphed anyway). Watch out for Dair to Rest, DI away from Jiggles as best you can if you're getting hit with Dair. Her F Smash and D Smash are similar to Kirby's but are much slower...if you can avoid Kirby's, you can avoid Jiggles'. She has a DACUS that moves her far across the ground
IIRC, Fair is Jiggle's best killing move. Avoid getting that to the face. Use Turnips wisely, Fair to keep her at bay with a combo of F Smash and F Tilt

Jiggle's is just awful :( Just space defensively and keep up a wall to stop bat her away

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Utilt and Ftilt work well against her if she tries to dair you and then use rest. Also since Jigglypuff is so light, she give Peach more killing options, like utilt. Spacing fairs on her is also something to try, just watch out for her fair. If she uses rollout, Peach can use Peach Bomber against it. Nothing else to say other than this.:bee:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
No, use fair sparingly in this matchup.

Instead, use nair and bair in the air or OoS to beat her aerial game to the punch, then space stutter stepped f-smashes to repel any more aerial approaches from her. Peach has the projectile in this matchup, do not approach if you don't have to.

Also remember to mix in some retreating pivot grabs as well. Jiggs really has very little she can do to pressure Peach on a neutral stage. Just play defensive and stay defensive.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
OMG this is definitely one bad matchup for Jigglypuff xD I've used Peach against my brother's Jigglypuff. He's not exactly what I'd call super skilled with Jigglypuff but he's kind of like a secondary. I liked how Rickerdy put it. Exactly, it'd probably be just like swatting a fly. Jigglypuff being the lightest character won't help either. One of the plus sides I see for Jigglypuff is thank goodness Peach has limited KO options but then again he's really light.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Peach has a decent advantage 6:4. jiggly is really good at edgeguarding peach, it's like MK but jiggly has more control and less priority/range. Peach can camp jiggly pretty hard with turnips and outspace jiggs. overall peach advantage.

My jiggs is pretty good and Praxis and I played this matchup for hours and hours, got to know the matchup well.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Fair and turnips..
No.

No, use fair sparingly in this matchup.

Instead, use nair and bair in the air or OoS to beat her aerial game to the punch, then space stutter stepped f-smashes to repel any more aerial approaches from her. Peach has the projectile in this matchup, do not approach if you don't have to.
Yes.

I had initially a lot of trouble in this matchup because I really like fairwalling. Jiggly's fair is really long, and it stays out. It means she doesn't have to worry about timing the fair so well, and it's a lot easier for her to hit you before or after your fair.

Save your fair for kills since she's light and it doesn't space her so well, so there's no reason to use it so much anyway.

Stutter stepped fsmash works well on her aerials, turnips <3.

Top Bottom