• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion: Pikachu

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i love this matchup

it's dead even.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
It's a fun MU(For Peach at least, I think it gets kinda frustrating for the pika player) I would say slight advantage for Peach. 55-45. Peach can really keep pika at bay with a proper turnip game and spacing. But pika can kill Peach easily.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Peach's air game really shines in this match up. Well spaced and retreating Fairs really help keep Pikachu at bay. Our air game beats out his and both characters have very similar horizontal air speeds. He's much faster on the ground so you'll be wanting to combat him from the air imo

Thunder Jolts and the fact Pikachu is small means that Turnips aren't as helpful as they might normally be. Pull them whenever you get the chance though

Thunder is extremely frightening for Peach if she gets tossed up close to the vertical boundries. If you see Pikachu shout out 'Pikaaaa!', DI left or right whilst airdodging and KEEP MOVING or Thunder will kill you

Pikachu has next to no disjoint on his aerials. Air game is absolutely key in this match up

:015:matic (man, you can do so much with this name!) recently beat ESAM iirc so yea, tell us whats super effective Illlumis-atic (bah, no picture for this pokemon)

z00ted

yeah I beat him 2-0.

Like Rick said, I just stayed in the air alot.

He tried to camp me when he realized he was losing but it's easy to avoid, all you have to do is float camp.
Staying in the air is amazing in this matchup, Pikachu has a clear advantage on the ground.

All I did was apply alot of pressure and had an amazing out of shield game.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Why aren't you at this fest? :(

I'm with illmatic, it's fun, and it's 50-50. Only reason he beat esam is because I'm here though. :p

Pika really has to avoid getting comboed here, the damage just comes in waves. We will be staying on the ground making you approach in most situations, and play really defensive. Thunder setups are definitely the most important thing to watch out for, if it's not a perfect air dodge or we miss read, then easy thunder kills.
Not much to say, just feels back and forth all day.

On stages, ban halberd. The low ceiling makes the thunder that much more effective. iirc, neutrals really don't really change much with us, I strike BF right off the bat.
I don't know how well peach does on brinstar, but that's generally the stage that everyone else would take pika. If it's banned, you would probably do something like BF or a flat area to float the perfect distance above jolts.

I can't remember too much right now, it's been forever since I fought Ill. I would have plenty of info today if he came over.

z00ted

Why aren't you at this fest? :(

I'm with illmatic, it's fun, and it's 50-50. Only reason he beat esam is because I'm here though. :p

Pika really has to avoid getting comboed here, the damage just comes in waves. We will be staying on the ground making you approach in most situations, and play really defensive. Thunder setups are definitely the most important thing to watch out for, if it's not a perfect air dodge or we miss read, then easy thunder kills.
Not much to say, just feels back and forth all day.

On stages, ban halberd. The low ceiling makes the thunder that much more effective. iirc, neutrals really don't really change much with us, I strike BF right off the bat.
I don't know how well peach does on brinstar, but that's generally the stage that everyone else would take pika. If it's banned, you would probably do something like BF or a flat area to float the perfect distance above jolts.

I can't remember too much right now, it's been forever since I fought Ill. I would have plenty of info today if he came over.
I had to work so I could get that $$$$ in the mid tier tournament at HOBO 29.

Yeah, Leaf is right, ban Halberd. ESAM took me to FD, and it wasn' that bad.

Counterpick him to Battlefield for Brinstar.

Roller

Smash Legend
Why would any of you stay on the ground vs us? If you are on the ground it should be fairly far away to pull a turnip. Or if you are doing some safe dair followup on the ground. Other than that if you stay in the air (above tjolt height) and camp effectively it is in your favor.

Basically, camp and stay in the air. If you are smart about how you do this, you have a clear advantage.

55:45 Peach.

Xyless

Smash Master
Mikey loves this matchup, last I remember.

And just to point out, one of many matchups that S-Sticking (not Bsticking) is prefered, due to the fact that you should rarely be grounded against Pikachu.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
As a Pika main, I hate this matchup...

No real chain grab, hard to hit in airs, Pika can bet combo'd at low %, the radish > Tjolts, Peach's Up smash is BROKEN.

Idk how to face that **** ! xD

PS : Moreover, the only guys with whom I can train for this matchup, Leon and Yamahou are beast... >.>

Top Bottom