• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Alright so it looks like I'm coming with G$ and the other NYC peeps :). i never really do MM's but I'm feeling KDJ-ish. Anyone want to money match my Fox, Sheik, Marth, Falco, Falcon, Peach, or Kirby LOL? i only play the highest of high tiers. I'm teaming with Cort it should be a blast from the past. Also I'm going to enter brawl singles but i got 25th at a NYC brawl tournament last weekend LOL so don't expect me to place high.
Teach me Kirby, Chris? Kevin and Dave will love it when I make them play against Kirby.

I'll even MM you if you want something for Kirby lessons. ;)

...Unless I win, but I have a feeling it won't happen. :(

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
yeah there will be brawl, since you live mad close you can attend and ****

Alsooooo in the morning will you be willing to drive some people if we need room in a car? My house is right near a highway, about a minute drive away so it would work out okay.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
matt, can i suggest that we use the stage strike system (each person alternates striking a neutral until one is left), and the 'no player can grab the ledge more than 70 times in a match rule'? that last one is easily enforceable by checking the stat at the end of the game.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
To Mass Maddness? My truck is filled lol also how long will you guys be playing till cause ill be late around 9ish if you guys are still playing.
Yeah people will still be playing around 9.

Also, ****, a truck. We need one of those to move a couch into our house. Think you could do the job? :laugh:

OBM, the ledge grab rule = 100% no. Why should I use the new stage strike system? What's wrong with the current one? If you think for brawl singles we should use it I will though.

Peanut I didn't know there was anyone taking pictures at the last one, make yourself more known at the tournaments! :D

So Fatal

Smash Master
Yeah people will still be playing around 9.

Also, ****, a truck. We need one of those to move a couch into our house. Think you could do the job? :laugh:

OBM, the ledge grab rule = 100% no. Why should I use the new stage strike system? What's wrong with the current one? If you think for brawl singles we should use it I will though.

Peanut I didn't know there was anyone taking pictures at the last one, make yourself more known at the tournaments! :D
I may be able to help depends on the size of the couch!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'll be there (again)! Takin' pictures, as usual. If you see me say hiiiiiii ^_^.

Here's the picture thread from the last mass madness
Hey I'm going to ask this since you're online and Darc is sleeping, and Darc would probably ask it when he sees the post, but are you the Starcraft commentator?

EDIT: Wait, you were the girl with the magic computer at that one Mass Madness and I said "AHHHH SHES A WITCH"? I think I remember now, lol

EDIT2: Fatal I might play some Brawl at Matt's, although I'll probably spend the fest practicing Melee for doubles. As far as I know though, I'm the only Brawl person going >_>

EDIT3: Matt, I'm iffy on the ledge grab rule myself, but you gotta use stage strike. It's so good.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I may be able to help depends on the size of the couch!
Alright when I find out the size I'll tell you, it will be ready by saturday but there seems to be a tournament on that day, so if you could on Sunday that would be beast.

I would LOVE for Niko to come, people help this guy out!
Also Dazwa why should I use the stage strike rule? FILL ME INN

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
wait why no on the ledge grab rule? do you promote camping or something? its really wicked easy to enforce, the game tells you how many times you grabbed the ledge, so it effectively takes planking out of the game.

and the stage strike rule is just overall better than random, but whatever you wanna go with, these were just suggestions

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Because consciously you're not counting ledge grabs in your head... and at the end of the match there's 71 and oh you lose.

WTF is that ****? I can't believe people use this rule =/

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I play falco and you ask me I promote camping... XD
But seriously now, I don't promote planking, I just don't not support it. I'm standing firmly against that rule, and if people want to use it they can. It will never be used at a mass madness.

Can someone explain why the stage strike rule is better? I haven't heard much on it, just that Texas uses it because apparently Texas is "ahead of the curve on rules" or something lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well, w/e, what if I only plank half the match and get 65 ledge grabs? Good job rule. It's just very arbitrary and poorly formed IMO.

Stage strike rule is about finding the most even of the neutrals for your matchup/preferences. You have the 5 randoms, you take turns striking 1 of them and play on the remaining stage. It's easy, and good, and should be used in Melee, but I won't start that debate again...

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I like the strike rule, but that ledge rule is kind of silly in my opinion.

I feel like its pretty obvious to see when someone is planking, people usually watch your matches anyway. If people plank, then cry plank and be done with it.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
That rule seems interesting.
I'll try it at this one and see how things go.

also:

SETUPS ARE NEEDED. I counted 11. If you're bringing a FULL SETUP post!

G$ - 2
spife - 3
me - 1
foy/someone in that car - 1
proverbs - 1
banks - 2
the store - 1
questor -1
fatal - 1
spawn - 1
peach kid - 1
ace - 2
Anyone I should add/remove from that list?

So Fatal

Smash Master
well, w/e, what if I only plank half the match and get 65 ledge grabs? Good job rule. It's just very arbitrary and poorly formed IMO.

Stage strike rule is about finding the most even of the neutrals for your matchup/preferences. You have the 5 randoms, you take turns striking 1 of them and play on the remaining stage. It's easy, and good, and should be used in Melee, but I won't start that debate again...
Good luck counting that while you plank and risk losing the match..

matt I can bring a tv and maybe a Wii

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
oh matt are we teaming or are you and obm going to jerk on each other

wait is this even holding teams
i haven't been reading/paying attention/been good at this game/wang

Alukard

Smash Hero
more set ups people ... i want to have brawl doubles at this thing ... brawl doubles is sooo much fun ... =]]]]

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah around then. That's when everyone else is showing up about right? My number is 860-818-5553. Text me because it's better and stuff.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Text > All

Most people will be arriving in the evening yeah. G$ says he'll get there at 10, ManaLord says his car will be there at 11-midnight. Dazwa didn't give me an exact time, but I believe he said one of the people were out of work at 6:30 so I assume after 9.

Gotta get in contact with PrinceOfFire, whoever is now driving SleepyK's car, and whoever is coming from Rhode Island.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Good luck counting that while you plank and risk losing the match..

matt I can bring a tv and maybe a Wii
no need to count really, just think about it. 70 ledge grabs over 7 minutes, just average less than 1 every 6 seconds. Seems like you could pull that off easily on many stages.

btw, I don't play/care at all about brawl, I'm just saying that the rule doesn't really address the issue. 70 is an arbitrary number and if it is the only way you're going to win is to plank someone, you might as well do it and risk the 70 thing. you get 69 and you're in the clear!

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
If you're not gunna do the ledge grab rule can we set up some people for planking calls? Just so it won't be an issue if it comes up. I'd be more than happy to do it, and whatever else you and Dazwa need.

Oh and Fatal, I'm going to Matt's that night I think. I haven't played offline in forever, and could use the practice.

Also, I'll be bringing two tv's, wii, brawl, melee(/w card), if you don't have me counted Matt.

EDIT: Matt I'm not sure when I'll show up at your place. People from my old job are getting together and I might chill with them before I show... so ... uh... stuff...

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
matt, i might be able to bring a tv, brawl, and a hacked wii and if i go to framingham on friday, i can bring a copy of melee and cards

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
ok people, I am going to bring a full setup like i usually do for every tournament, the small 13" color tv, with the plug splicer, revolution wii, and the transfer box (aux to cable). I will be bringing a copy of melee as well. so whatever you wish. Be aware that I have trained a loonnng time for this, Is PC Chris really going to be there? If so then him telling me that he retired wasn't true apparently... hmm... I invited Dan (KdJ) but I think he isn't gunna go. We will see what happens but thats my piece... for MATT, my name is s.b.soldier (Tom Casey) and my number is 508-887-5013. use the phone number if you have to... I'm going to bed now so goodnight and I will see you all this weekend. Peace out :-p

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
the rule is designed so that if you plank you go over 70 and if you aren't planking, then theres no way in hell you'll get near this number. The average number of ledge grabs per match, normal match, is like 20. Its a rule thats probably going to become a standard soon, so i don't see why we don't give it a shot now.

So Fatal

Smash Master
If you're not gunna do the ledge grab rule can we set up some people for planking calls? Just so it won't be an issue if it comes up. I'd be more than happy to do it, and whatever else you and Dazwa need.

Oh and Fatal, I'm going to Matt's that night I think. I haven't played offline in forever, and could use the practice.

Also, I'll be bringing two tv's, wii, brawl, melee(/w card), if you don't have me counted Matt.

EDIT: Matt I'm not sure when I'll show up at your place. People from my old job are getting together and I might chill with them before I show... so ... uh... stuff...
yes yes yes yes yes and is Banks comming to your fest matt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom