• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I teared up a little,
seeing everyone alive at the end, fixing up the ship and such after doing their sidequests and gaining their loyalty (and romancing Tali). Gotta work for that happy ending.

Bioware really can tug your hearstrings.
Screw that! I have playthroughs where I deliberately **** up and kill half the crew. I'm doing one now as a female Shep, starting from ME1, where only the female teammates survive both games.

I would do one where only the males survive but Liara, even though I love her, has massive amounts of plot armour which means she's the only character guaranteed to survive to ME3 in everyones copy. Heck even Miranda, with her huge amount of plot armour, can die during the suicide mission if you try hard enough.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Screw that! I have playthroughs where I deliberately **** up and kill half the crew. I'm doing one now as a female Shep, starting from ME1, where only the female teammates survive both games.

I would do one where only the males survive but Liara, even though I love her, has massive amounts of plot armour which means she's the only character guaranteed to survive to ME3 in everyones copy. Heck even Miranda, with her huge amount of plot armour, can die during the suicide mission if you try hard enough.
Well if you're looking to kill everyone, you could also try making terrible decisions with killing as many NPC's as possible.

I'm guessing you might want to look at this thread on the bioware social
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/1165725/1

Though I'd probably never do it. Oh well, different strokes different people.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
All your playthroughs save, if you import your ME1 saves you can choose any one, so my "canon" save has everyone left alive, but I also have other saves with all sorts of variables.

And yeah I've seen that thread. I know a ton about the ME series.

:phone:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Playing through ME1 atm, had Tali'Zorah on my team for a while and wondering if she is able to change her armour? Had her for a while and while I've gotten armour upgrades for the other non-humans in the squad, I haven't seen anything different yet that she can equip.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's actually not the original picture though, it's been altered slightly by a fan, so here's the comparison because you'll only see the original from Bioware:

She was originally blonde before this art was made but fans voted to change her hair colour.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Also fixed the fact that she looks a bit crosseyed in the original.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm not a great fan of multiple playthroughs, so the more I can do in one run the better, which leads me to a rather awkward question: As Kelly's romance options apparently 'don't count' (the picture in the captains cabin doesn't get taken out afterwards) is it possible to romance her and another crewman?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nah you can't romance her and someone else. I think you can get her to like feed your fish and maybe dinner but that's about it.

Anyway Mic you're missing out on a lot if you only do one playthrough. If some of your crew members die on the suicide mission they wont be in ME3 for example.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Actually, I always thought making a Mass Effect MMO was a logical step for the series, but I thought it would be difficult to integrate the combat system into that. This is a good way to have the best of both worlds though.

And why would you read GameFAQs boards anyway? Seriously...

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I don't get why some people are being so negative about co-op being in the game. Its entirely optional, heck a different dev team is working on the co-op while bioware is working on the single player. Its not like the game is going to suck or something. Personally I think I'll enjoy co-op, heck you can pick your own race, so now you have a chance to be a turian, an asari, or another race.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So long as it in no way detracts from the single-player experience, I'll support the feature. Multiplayer looks like a lot of fun, and being able to create your own character is a HUGE draw.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I actually just recently finished Mass Effect 2.

I thought it was excellent.

Only thing I didn't like was the sometimes dodgy cover system, then the fact that they nerfed biotics and tech combos a bit in comparison to the 1st.

But the storyline was fantastic.

I played through on the difficulty below insanity.

Was mega evil as always xD

My only regrets are.....

Failing Samara's loyalty mission and not realizing it, then saving afterwards :mad:

Then also giving Legion to Cerberus for 50000 credits instead of recruiting him :p

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I can kind of understand having the first happen but...why would you think the second would be a good idea, I wonder? No offense, just saying.

Pikaville

No not really.

I also had too many resources by the end of the game.

70k element zero

420k iridium

300k palladium

and 600k platinum

It wasn't like I didn't get all the upgrades either.

Also my reason for giving the geth away, is because I spent an entire game trying to stop them.

I'll be damned if I have a geth on board my ship.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol, I remember when I first played through ME2 on a 18 inch CRT TV with my PS3 hooked up and run through my VCR so there was a super grainy picture. I couldn't read everything because of the crappy picture, so I just went through on the assumption that "blue and top right choices='good'". :bee:

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I kept him 'cause the ******* be usin' my armor.

If he wants to use it, he gonna have to work for it. /notserious

Yeah, the story almost lost it's enjoyment when I figured out that I could just go 'top-right' all the time. Still love it though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I hear ya, but thankfully I've got a (freaking heavy) 32' HDTV now, so I can actually read the **** and make my own choices. Just so happens I go Paragon most of the time still, lol.

Pikaville

I kept him 'cause the ******* be usin' my armor.

If he wants to use it, he gonna have to work for it. /notserious

Yeah, the story almost lost it's enjoyment when I figured out that I could just go 'top-right' all the time. Still love it though.
Yeah since I love being evil I was more or a bottom left man myself.

I had full renegade by the time I started the last mission.

I'm definitely gonna play through again though, I lost 2 people :(

Don't want that in ME3.

Who did you guys have on your team?

I mainly used Garrus and Thane/Grunt, I was a Vanguard.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Vanguard. I was a Thane/Garrus/Tali type of guy.

Is there anyone that doesn't use Garrus? Lol. I can't complain though; dude's a BAMF.

Did the smex with Tali. And apparently loving no one in ME1 automatically gave me Liara or something.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
My first 2 I was Soldier, and I tried to rotate people as much as I could. That being said, I'd try to use Miranda, Garrus, Zaeed, and Grunt as much as possible. Then I realized Jack can kick some butt. I'm a Sentinel on my current playthrough and I like to have Jack along for the shotgun bit and having Pull, and will often still go with a Garrus/Miranda team.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I only used Garrus in ME2, ME1 pretty much rocked Tali and Ashley bar a few missions. ME2 was Tali, Garrus, Grunt and Mordin (He was great)

Did anyone else think Miranda's face looked a bit...off?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, TECHNICALLY if you keep the Liara thing going since the Asari are essentially a race of bisexuals. Unless well, you count Kelly.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Also my reason for giving the geth away, is because I spent an entire game trying to stop them.

I'll be damned if I have a geth on board my ship.
That's a shame Aidan, Legion is considered by many to be one of the best characters in the entire series and he happens to be my favourite out of everyone, so you missed out on an awesome teammate. Plus Samara's mission is easy if you just listen to all the dialogue beforehand.

Is it true you can pursue a gay relationship in ME2?
Nope. You can get Kelly to like dance for you or something, but it doesn't grant you the Paramour achievement, and if you have Lair of the Shadow Broker and you romanced Liara in the first one then you can sleep with her again in the second, though technically she's genderless (even though she's totally female). If you're a guy you're just fat out of luck. There's going to be gay relationships in ME3 though.

Also do you have Kasumi and Zaeed? They're well worth downloading seeing as though they're 2 extra crew members and Kasumi is probably the most useful out of everyone.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I only used Garrus in ME2, ME1 pretty much rocked Tali and Ashley bar a few missions. ME2 was Tali, Garrus, Grunt and Mordin (He was great)

Did anyone else think Miranda's face looked a bit...off?
If you mean by the accuracy/expression compared to Yvonne Strahovski?

Yeah, it's kinda weird.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Probably what didn't help was the accent. It's the "Australian who's lived in the US and lost her aussie accent, doing an aussie accent" accent.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The best part of Miranda is she's less racist than that ***** Ashley, even though she's the 2nd in command in a pro-human organisation.

Gotta admit Ashley is number 1 on my "List of teammate I'm going to kill in ME3".

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The best part of Miranda is she's less racist than that ***** Ashley, even though she's the 2nd in command in a pro-human organisation.

Gotta admit Ashley is number 1 on my "List of teammate I'm going to kill in ME3".

Shouldn't you have killed her in ME1 then?

Top Bottom