• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
There's a bunch of links covering the entire single player part of it, and the multiplayer footage on Youtube that're surprisingly easy to find for those wanting to look. I'm trying to figure out if this leaking is sweet and awesome, or torturous since I'm a PS3 user and have to wait to find a non-Battlefield 3 way of getting in on that Beta.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Is it only me or are a lot of the fans to this game really hard to please? Poor Bioware.

Edit:

Also the leak told us nothing we hadn't already been told about/have seen.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Is it only me or are a lot of the fans to this game really hard to please? Poor Bioware.

Edit:

Also the leak told us nothing we hadn't already been told about/have seen.

Well, it showed us stuff about a certain character after Bioware keeping it all hush hush. Also showed some stuff I didn't think they'd have the guts to do, while just providing awesome cinemas in general.

And yes, some fans are ridiculously hard to please. They're complaining the leak only had some things in it, and I'm like...they got it over a month ahead of most people, why are THEY complaining when us PS3 users never had the chance at all? But some of the other things are ridiculous like "why are they explaining what already happened like you don't know when you select the option for them to explain?". :urg:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Apart from hearing Vega talk I didn't see anything new to do with characters.

Maybe I missed something but unless it's anyone other than Ashley, Anderson, Garrus, Liara, Wrex, Mordin, Legion, Kaidan or Vega, then it's not new.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, they had you talking to Kirrahe, and they had the weird thing where in the same video that Ashley's alive talking to you, Anderson's trying to contact "Major Alenko", which is probably just an audio error. But they DID have something on Surr'Kesh (spelling?) where the Salarians were experimenting on what looked to be a Yahg (original Shadow Broker's race), and they had the Atlas getting destroyed. Plus, that kid getting killed was new.

I put spoiler tags above for those that don't want to have the stuff from the demo spoiled as I can totally understand them not wanting to be.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Dissapointed that one of the screens showed Shepard unlocking a pistol. Had hoped it'd be more like ME1's weapon system :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Apparently there were some semi-big story leaks or something that came out today. I didn't check them because I know as much about the story as I want to know before I play it, but I guess it's something for some of you to be aware of.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
See new title, please use spoiler tags if you want to discuss ME3 story from the leaks.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So you might be hearing that some people are saying none of your choices from the first two affect ME3?

Well from what I read of the spoilers, those people are just trolls, or they have ridiculous expectations of the game and don't expect the game to follow one basic plotline.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So you might be hearing that some people are saying none of your choices from the first two affect ME3?

Well from what I read of the spoilers, those people are just trolls, or they have ridiculous expectations of the game and don't expect the game to follow one basic plotline.
I would hope previous choices matter in ME3. Otherwise it would like Dragon Age 2 where none of your decisions in Dragon Age Origins made a big impact on the story.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, either way it's not like they're gonna make it so Thane's Sniper Rifle is his long dead wife or something. I mean, who the hell would be so stupid to make a family member into a character's main weapon?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm assuming there's a video in that link they posted, I dunno I've just been looking at the pictures in that thread.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Okay so, I just got Mass Effect yesterday and so far I love the game!

I just saved Tali after killing Fist in his bar.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Okay so, I just got Mass Effect yesterday and so far I love the game!

I just saved Tali after killing Fist in his bar.
Apart from some MAJOR plot points you wont really have to worry about spoilers. He can survive that scene for example.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That's kind of like saying "except for the ending, you won't have to worry about any spoilers from The Empire Strikes Back". As I'd imagine major plot points would be the things you'd want spoiled the least.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I unfortunately had to Wiki the ME1 story as the interactive comic wasn't very good IMO. I've got most the terms down when it comes to species and characters. Mass Effect 2 is a fun game, though I will say it does feel a bit dated in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Pretty much playing as myself, so it's been mostly paragon for me.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So I'm assuming that ME2 is better than ME1 in every single way?
Oh you're REALLY getting into a delicate situation if you go on about that. A bunch of people seem to think ME2's worse story wise and the crazy obsessive fanboys complain about a bunch of stuff. I've only PLAYED ME2, but I've been watching like an ME1 playthrough to learn some more on the backstory and it certainly seems ME2's combat is better if nothing else. Sentinel class is actually pretty cool in ME2. Makes me wonder why I went Soldier on the first 2 playthroughs.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I'm assuming that ME2 is better than ME1 in every single way?
Interface, gameplay, vehicles, etc are all a bazillion times better.

Every gameplay mechanic you have a problem with will be fixed in the next one, and I'm gonna be honest I prefered the story in ME2, but that probably doesn't matter because it's just an extension of the story in 1 tbh. The way you have to find your teammates and learn about them is fantastic.

Also in ME1, Google what planet you have to go to to find Liara. You should have everyone but her at the stage you're at, so go pick her up it's good to get her early.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not sure if ME1 has the "mining" feature, but I don't like it much in ME2 lol. I also hear that ME1 is more RPG-ish.

And I wish I could explore every planet...some of the codex entries seem so intriguing.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
ME1 had these crappy vehicle sections instead. Plus if you've completed ME1 then they automatically give you a ton of resources at the start of ME2, so you don't need to do the mining aspect as much and you have more credits.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
ME1 had these crappy vehicle sections instead. Plus if you've completed ME1 then they automatically give you a ton of resources at the start of ME2, so you don't need to do the mining aspect as much and you have more credits.

I liked the vehicle sections in ME1........

mzink*

Smash Ace
I'm currently going through another play through of Mass 1 myself, since I just got a spiffy new 360 for christmas. I'd always played it on my brother's 360 before. After I finish it I'll play through again if I need to and then transfer my Shep to Mass 2 and play through that one again. Then I'll be all caught up and ready for the 3rd! Woot! I usually choose adept but this time I'm goin through as a vanguard.

As for which is better, I think I prefer the 2nd but they seem so different that its hard to compare them. Both have attributes that I like and dislike.

Top Bottom