• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Still though, this crap doesn't make sense. If you have a means of getting what you want, then you DON'T complain about it and try to get roadblocks put up that make it more difficult. If you get offered a job that pays $80/hour and only has you work 10-3, you don't complain about how it pays too much and try to get a job with worse hours and pay. You say "Holy crap, that's awesome. Thank you" and take it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Right I'm back from my night of some Gold matches and solo Silver play and this is what I learned:

Dragoon's need a speed nerf and they need an everything nerf on Silver because seriously wtf they shouldn't be that ridiculous on Silver. I feel bad for all the poor newcomers.

I unlocked the Volus Engineer yay!

I specced my Ghost out incredibly stupid.

And finally, the Ghost is going to be nerfed.

If you use and spec his Stim Packs like an Ops Pack, instead of a damage boost, then it makes him have great survivability as it grants instant 4000 max shields and he also has Tac Cloak. His dodge is probably one of the best in the entire game too, and all round his DPS is top tier. If you have a high level Harrier (I have level 4, a Typhoon is rubbish on him so I assume the PPR would be the same) and a high level Grenade Capacity then he's incredibly powerful. If you don't have a high level on either of those things then he's not that powerful. And he's not that fun to play, like the GI.

So I can see where people are coming from on why they think he's powerful, but seeing as though he relies on high level Rare's and UR's to excel I don't think he should be nerfed, and definitely don't nerf him until the factions have recieved some. Also don't skip Overload, seriously, you can easily put 5 into it and 3 into Fitness (heck, it might even be possible to put 6 into it) but the minimum should be 4. Something like this.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
But you see, that's the thing. If he's super good then...why not take advantage of that to get everything more easily? Why would you want to give yourself a harder time? That makes no sense.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
But you see, that's the thing. If he's super good then...why not take advantage of that to get everything more easily? Why would you want to give yourself a harder time? That makes no sense.
Because they don't want the game to be easy. I'm not saying I agree, but that's basically the nerfers' reasons for wanting nerfs.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Because they don't want the game to be easy. I'm not saying I agree, but that's basically the nerfers' reasons for wanting nerfs.

Yeah, but of course the game will be easy for those people because they literally have everything the best it can possibly be. They're not taking into account the people who play Multiplayer casually as opposed to in an obsessed way that y'know, not only don't have everything, but don't have 25% of what they do.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Actually he's not "super good", the GI still has more DPS than him thanks to fire rate, seeing through walls and Proxie Mine, and even things like the Asari Vanguard and Drell Adept can clear spawns faster.

He's top 5 maybe, and he's incredibly easy to play, but I doubt he's even top 3.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Some interesting balance changes tonight. I can't believe they made sync-kills uninturruptable, and looks like the Kroguard isn't going to be used as much now that his charge cooldown has been doubled:

Sorry everyone, there are quite a few changes this week so they need a little bit more testing. We're hoping to get them out tomorrow morning. Below is a little preview of the changes.

- Some composition changes to Geth and Cerberus waves 9, 10, and Extraction on Bronze/Silver.
- Some Geth Hunter and Geth Prime nerfs across all difficulties.
- Some buffs to Drell and the original Turians.
- One of the more highly requested kits is being released...

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Lets see if we can guess what Bioware's gonna do specifically:

- Some composition changes to Geth and Cerberus waves 9, 10, and Extraction on Bronze/Silver. (6 more primes and all Phantoms and Dragoons)
- Some Geth Hunter and Geth Prime nerfs across all difficulties. (Damage decreased by 1 point)
- Some buffs to Drell and the original Turians. (Drell have no collision detection and Turians can't get sync-killed)
- One of the more highly requested kits is being released... (Geth Soldier)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Livewires would know, heh.

But yeah, that got me for a second. I was about to quit 4 eva.

*blink* I beg your pardon?

Don't be dissin' my dry humour, yo.

Edit: And man, if Turians couldn't get insta-killed even I'd think that would be broken kinda. Turian Sentinel with a Typhoon or Revenant X just standing there in a room of Phantoms going "screw your swords, b----es!!!" and laughing maniacally.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Speaking of Turians, if you cancel Havok Strike it will still hit but cause no cooldown. If they're within heavy melee range you can cancel it with a heavy melee and both will hit at the same time, and again there's no cooldown.

Edit:

Also they changed spawns a bit (you've probably already noticed this, especially with Dragoons) since the patch. This can cause some, em, unusual things to happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1sNS4wh3RY8#t=1493s

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Here we go!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 24, 2012 Balance Changes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asari Valkyrie Sentinel kit now available as a new Rare card

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Glacier and Firebase White

Krogan Shaman
- Now moves at the same speed as other Krogan when carrying objectives
- Added skin tone as a customization option

Turian Ghost and Havok
- Now move at the same speed as other Turians when carrying objectives

Reaper Husk
- Score rewards for kills and assists on Husks increased by 50%

Reaper Brute
- (Silver) Armor increased from 7500 to 9000
- (Gold) Armor increased from 9000 to 13500
- (Platinum) Armor increased from 11700 to 15210

Cerberus Wave Data
- (Bronze) Wave 9: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Engineer
- (Silver) Wave 9: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Centurion
- (Silver) Extraction: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Centurion

Geth Wave Data
- (Bronze) Extraction: Removed 1 Hunter and added 1 Trooper
- (Silver) Wave 10: Removed 1 Prime and both Hunters and added 3 Troopers
- (Silver) Extraction: Removed 1 Prime and both Bombers and added 3 Rocket Troopers

Geth Prime
- (All Difficulties) Cooldown for spawning Turrets and Drones increased by 50%

Geth Hunter
- Delay between shotgun bursts increased from [0.9-1.5] to [1.2-1.8]
- Shotgun rate of fire decreased from 60 to 45

- The hit reaction chance multiplier is the chance for players to hit react the Hunter
- (Bronze) Hit reaction chance multiplier went from 80% to 90%
- (Silver) Hit reaction chance multiplier went from 65% to 75%
- (Gold) Hit reaction chance multiplier went from 50% to 60%
- (Platinum) Hit reaction chance multiplier went from 40% to 50%

- (Silver) Movement speed modifier while cloaked decreased from 90% to 80%
- (Gold) Movement speed modifier while cloaked decreased from 110% to 90%
- (Platinum) Movement speed modifier while cloaked decreased from 110% to 100%

Drell Assassin Passive Power (All Drell Kits)
- Rank 1 power damage bonus increased from 5% to 10%
- Evolution 1 weapon damage bonus increased from 7.5% to 10%
- Evolution 2 power damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%
- Evolution 3 power damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%
- Evolution 4 head shot damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
- Evolution 6 weapon damage bonus increased from 10% to 12.5%

Turian Veteran Passive Power (Original 2 Turian Kits)
- Rank 1 weapon damage bonus increased from 7.5% to 10%
- Evolution 1 weapon damage bonus increased from 7.5% to 10%
- Evolution 2 power damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%
- Evolution 3 power damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%
- Evolution 4 head shot damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
- Evolution 6 weapon damage bonus increased from 10% to 12.5%

Devastator Mode Power
- Base magazine size bonus decreased from 25% to 15%
- Rank 2 magazine size bonus decreased from 10% to 5%
- Evolution 3 magazine size bonus decreased from 25% to 15%
- Evolution 4 rate of fire bonus decreased from 25% to 15%

Hawk Missile Launcher Power
- Base damage and force increased from 150 to 200
- Evolve 1 shield penalty reduction increased from 25% to 40%

Supply Pylon Power
- Base frequency for spawning ammo increased from 15 to 17.5 seconds
- Base frequency for spawning grenades increased from 20 to 24 seconds
- Evolution 3 weapon damage bonus decreased from 15% to 10%
- Evolution 4 power damage bonus decreased from 15% to 10%

Cryo Explosion Power Combo
- Damage increased from [75-200] to [100-250]

I do have one question...

Krogan Shaman
- Added skin tone as a customization option

@#$%ING WHY?!?!?!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That was fast ODIN, only just released it less than 5 minutes ago.

Also that's your only question? You're not annoyed by Bioware showing how much they hate AR's by dramatically nerfing the Destroyer?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
They edited it. It was 25% to 40% on the Destroyer, not 15% to 40%.

EDIT:

The Hunter hit reaction chance will increase that chance that our attacks will stun them.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, totally called it being the Asari Sentinel

They're messing with the Destroyer again? For crying out loud people.

And they messed with my girl the Demolisher to buff some s----y classes nobody's going to use? WHILE buffing the Brute? Yeah F--- THIS GAME. F--- it long, and f--- it hard.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So the Geth got a minor nerf, might make them more playable now, and Brutes got a buff (which I'm actually in favour of) but Collectors, Dragoons and Bombers remain untouched.

4811 armour on Dragoons? Over twice as much as a Pyro? And they move incredibly fast and have long range weapons and can stunlock you?

Seriously, decrease their movement speed by a lot. If not, give them Health and Barriers and give the Armour to Guardians.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So the Geth got a minor nerf, might make them more playable now, and Brutes got a buff (which I'm actually in favour of) but Collectors, Dragoons and Bombers remain untouched.

4811 armour on Dragoons? Over twice as much as a Pyro? And they move incredibly fast and have long range weapons and can stunlock you?

Seriously, decrease their movement speed by a lot. If not, give them Health and Barriers and give the Armour to Guardians.

Don't give the Guardians a darn thing. One of the saving graces of Guardians is being able to mail slot them.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
AP Mods/AP and Drill Ammo and various powers (pretty much every Biotic one) makes them a joke. No point trying to mail slot them when you can just shoot directly at their shields a watch them melt, and pretty much everyone uses either the AP mod or spare ammo.

With armour you'd still be able to shoot through their shields or at their mail slot and kill them, it would just make them slightly less of a joke to certain powers and reduce the damage they take if they haven't been hit with any weakening powers or if you don't have certain mods/equipment on.

They deserve it more than the Dragoon, and at least they look incredibly bulky and move slow, unlike the Dragoon who has 4811 armour compared to their 2025 health.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
AP Mods/AP and Drill Ammo and various powers (pretty much every Biotic one) makes them a joke. No point trying to mail slot them when you can just shoot directly at their shields a watch them melt, and pretty much everyone uses either the AP mod or spare ammo.

With armour you'd still be able to shoot through their shields or at their mail slot and kill them, it would just make them slightly less of a joke to certain powers and reduce the damage they take if they haven't been hit with any weakening powers or if you don't have certain mods/equipment on.

They deserve it more than the Dragoon, and at least they look incredibly bulky and move slow, unlike the Dragoon who has 4811 armour compared to their 2025 health.

If they're a joke, then keep them a joke. Let the overpowered and ridiculous enemies be reduced to just "big threats" and the "big threats" be reduced to threats.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh yeah obviously don't buff them without nerfing the Dragoons.

EDIT:

Hey look Bioware answered my question again:

"Was there a specific reason as to why Dominate wasn't included with all these new characters? Like the Asari Sent for example, she'd have been perfect for Sabotage and Dominate."

Dominate was being developed for Leviathan at the time.

Not much more I can say beyond that.
That's the second time. Last time was when I gave them that super in-depth information on the Hawk Missile Launcher, and these buffs to it, mathematically, as similar to the results I put forward. Which is pretty cool I have to admit, I feel like I'm partly responsible for the buff. Aww yeah.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Also in case any of you don't know this, the explosion on Recon Mine goes through walls.

In other words, the Drell Infiltrator is getting nerfed.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Also in case any of you don't know this, the explosion on Recon Mine goes through walls.

In other words, the Drell Infiltrator is getting nerfed.

Ugh, so what if it goes through walls? WHO FREAKING CARES?!!

I can seriously imagine them going "hey, let's nerf this class before it's even released!" "yeah! awesome! great idea! They'll love that!". :glare:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
They can't get rid of stuff like this without a patch, but they added it in themselves. It's just incredibly easy to see that the Drell with his Recon Mine, Tac Cloak and Homing Grenades is gonna get nerfed hard.

Even without picking extra power damage the Volus Recon Mine does 980 damage. With it chosen it does 1645 damage, and that's without picking the extra 75% damage against armour.

Combine that with Tac Cloak and the fact that walls don't stop the explosion and the community is going to go wild.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
They can't get rid of stuff like this without a patch, but they added it in themselves. It's just incredibly easy to see that the Drell with his Recon Mine, Tac Cloak and Homing Grenades is gonna get nerfed hard.

Even without picking extra power damage the Volus Recon Mine does 980 damage. With it chosen it does 1645 damage, and that's without picking the extra 75% damage against armour.

Combine that with Tac Cloak and the fact that walls don't stop the explosion and the community is going to go wild.

Doesn't mean for one second that they should. If anything they should be silently cheering at how awesome that is and SHUT THE F--- UP ABOUT IT as opposed to say...whining that something will make them good money.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Depends on what you find the objective of matches are, I suppose.

Through all these nerfs/buffs, I'm still winning rounds. I don't see it as too much of a problem. Community is a ***** though sometimes. Looking at responses to a Youtube Giveaway video made me realize how many kids are on the Internet these days. Adolescence is dangerous, man.

And I've lost my ability to care about 'balance' updates. It's not like I'm losing rounds left and right (outside of Platinum), so I don't see why I'm qualified enough atm to justify whether a character buff/nerf is, in fact, a buff/nerf, in the sense of the overall game (unless it's something like a nuke, making imba weapons, or just being plain useless lol.).

With that last point in mind, the only thing I have a problem with is the Slayer, the Dragoon, and several weapons.

I guess that I would be a bit concerned with that Recon Mine, too. Tac Cloak bonus really is going to make it crazy. That's not even considering squad member debuffs/bonuses, as well as any equipment mods and weapons to follow it up.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If it's going to be crazy good, then I'm all for it. If my Revenant X winds up with Mantis-like accuracy and Saber-like damage, then I sure as hell won't be complaining. My only problem with some weapons is they either weigh too much, or have been stupidly nerfed. You'll almost never hear me complain about a weapon/class buff unless it was something stupid that NOBODY uses. Like to me, an Avenger buff, for example, would never truly be a compensational buff as NOBODY uses it. If they nerf the Destroyer, they should buff the Shadow's health, damage or speed as compensation. Nerf the Demolisher, and they should buff the Paladin. Those are classes people actually use and if they're say, buffing Brutes, they should be nerfing Banshees. That way it encourages varying gameplay without just being "you all get weaker, the enemies will get stronger though".

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Actually the Paladin did get a buff in the last patch due to the mechanic changes. Also for some reason his Snap Freeze sets off Cryo Explosions without them being frozen solid, so it works on armour opponents.

Top Bottom