• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I did some calculations and Havok Strike combined with canceling it into a heavy melee, to give it no cooldown, with an Omni-Blade on an AR specced for melee in Fitness will pretty much 1 shot kill every nomal mook in the game.

Combine it with the 75% boost for 30 seconds after killing someone with a heavy melee, and the 40% boost in melee damage after performing a Havok Strike, and you'll be doing over 3k in damage. Add on the 25% melee boost from Stim Packs and a Strength Enhancer, and swap weapons to a shotgun with their better melee mod, and even change Incendiary Stike and replace it with 50% force and damage if you want to go full overkill, and you'll be doing around about 4.5k in damage with each Strike.

Pretty neat for having no cooldown.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So I did some calculations and Havok Strike combined with canceling it into a heavy melee, to give it no cooldown, with an Omni-Blade on an AR specced for melee in Fitness will pretty much 1 shot kill every nomal mook in the game.

Combine it with the 75% boost for 30 seconds after killing someone with a heavy melee, and the 40% boost in melee damage after performing a Havok Strike, and you'll be doing over 3k in damage. Add on the 25% melee boost from Stim Packs and a Strength Enhancer, and swap weapons to a shotgun with their better melee mod, and even change Incendiary Stike and replace it with 50% force and damage if you want to go full overkill, and you'll be doing around about 4.5k in damage with each Strike.

That sounds pretty sweet. No complaints here.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So the challenge this weekend, get 50k points with an N7 weapon, also the Valkyrie has been added to the promo weapons.

I got the sniper in my pack unfortunately.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Or you read that post on Reddit that explained this step-by-step.

Which I'm saying you did.

Proof:http://www.reddit.com/r/MECoOp/comments/11xnz7/sohavoc_strike_is_a_little_buggy_in_the_greatest/

Also, Collectors are...

:cool:

Bugged.

And Bioware confirmed it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MECoOp/comments/124sml/turns_out_that_the_collectors_are_overpowered/

So, corlist over at BSN did some testing and found that all collector units are only taking two-thirds of the damage they're supposed to from combo detonations (biotic or otherwise). He also found that scions are doing double damage on each of their cannon shots, which explains why they've been two-shotting krogans. And the devs have just recently confirmed that these are actually bugs and figured out what's causing it.

So yeah, if the collectors feel a lot harder, it's because they actually are.

Go to the BSN topic titled "Collectors are bugged - confirmed by bioware" for more detailed information.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...ussion-/Collectors-are-bugged-14601238-1.html

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That's because I saw it in this thread that I commented in 3 days ago, which only said it was possible and never gave any calculations. I didn't even think it worked then (I was playing off host).

Even then in my post above I never said it was me that discovered it, I just said I did some calculations on the damage of it:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So on another note, I wanted to play ME but no one else was online so I decided to go for the Lone Wolf banner. Only took me all night but I finally have it.

Can't wait to not do that again. And also I'm actually more interested in the one I'm about to get for killing Cerberus, as I'm 93% through that one.

Edit:

Also someone made a nostalgia thread about the multiplayer and one of the mods posted this:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm yet to get the Eagle, it's the one weapon that eludes me (well, Collector SMG and Valkyrie too now but whatever) but I do have like a Hurricane 3 or 4.

On a different note, for those of you that don't know that Recon Mine explosions aren't blocked by objects, well, Recon Mine explosions aren't blocked by objects. Don't tell BSN though because oddly it doesn't seem like this is very well known, and once this info becomes mainstream the Drell Infiltrator is going to be nerfed harder than a tai hooker on a wednesday.

2240 Damage every 3 seconds that goes through walls, along with Homing Grenades that don't break Tac Cloak? Better hope you get this guy in the first week.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ok so the Collector Sniper Rifle on a GI (and I guess every Infiltrator with sniper boosts) is just wow.

Like seriously how have I not seen people asking for this thing to be nerfed? If you blindfire it it does like no damage, and if you deplete its clip you have to wait about 10 minutes to get your ammo back, but if you stop just before it runs out of ammo it recharges pretty quickly and my god does it do insane damage when scoped. It just eats armour for breakfast it's absolutely crazy.

How did I not notice this weapon before? Seriously people put it on a GI specced for sniper damage and watch everything melt into a brown goo before you.

Edit:

Also that Volus Adept eludes me still. I even got 2 more Volgineer's tonight.

NatP

Smash Ace
So the other day I FINALLY got the Krogan Sentinel, and I swear, HE'S SO MUCH FUN! Wow, there's just nothing like melee'ing everything in sight (primes and atlas included). Now I just want to see if I can get the Krogan Vanguard which I bet is also a lot of fun.

Also, I've gotten Volus adept like 3 or 4 times already! Isn't it supposed to be ultra rare or something?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Volus aren't really ultra-rare, they're just slightly harder to get rares, true UR's are the weapons. Meleeing as a Krogan is fun until you play Gold.

Balance changes delayed today because lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Volus aren't really ultra-rare, they're just slightly harder to get rares, true UR's are the weapons. Meleeing as a Krogan is fun until you play Gold.

Balance changes delayed today because lol.

I'm at the point where I laugh the moment I read "Mass Effect 3 Balance Changes".

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It doesn't seem like these changes will do much, buffing some snipers no one uses and the Geth Pulse rifle.

They are nerfing the Scion's damage because it's bugged, so hopefully he'll no longer be able to 3 shot a Kroguard on Bronze, but no mention of Dragoon's who are in desperate need of a nerf. Lets hope theirs things they haven't mentioned getting changed too.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It doesn't seem like these changes will do much, buffing some snipers no one uses and the Geth Pulse rifle.

They are nerfing the Scion's damage because it's bugged, so hopefully he'll no longer be able to 3 shot a Kroguard on Bronze, but no mention of Dragoon's who are in desperate need of a nerf. Lets hope theirs things they haven't mentioned getting changed too.

If they want to nerf Dragoons they could just buff Armour Damage. Of course, like THAT would ever happen. :awesome:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Balance changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 31, 2012

New Halloween challenge available for a limited time!

Batarian Brawler Vanguard kit now available as a new Rare card

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Ghost and Firebase Dagger

Challenges
- Added a Batarian Brawler challenge to Blood Pack Mastery

Geth Pulse Rifle
- Damage increased from [27.4-34.2] to [28.8-36.0]
- Magazine size increased from 80 to 100
- Head shot damage multiplier increased from 2.5 to 3

Mantis Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [615.6-769.5] to [738.7-886.4]

Raptor Sniper Rifle
- Damage increase from [78.2-97.7] to [86.0-107.5]

Incisor Sniper Rifle
- Damage increase from [84.8-106.0] to [93.3-116.6]

Fixed a bug that was causing the following enemies to take less damage from power combos:
- Atlas (since Retaliation was released)
- Dragoon
- Geth Bomber
- Brute (since last week's balance changes)
- (The Collectors will also be fixed in an upcoming balance update)

Collector Scion
- Cannon shot damage reduced from 800 to 400 (fix for the bug that causes his weapon to do double damage)

Which is basically bug changes and some incredibly minor adjustments on weapons no one uses.

Batarian also has a human male voice when he charges for some reason, and doesn't get a melee boost from Charge.

So he's a crappy Kroguard.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, at least the Dragoon is partially fixed a bit, right? And that's interesting. I like the Sniper buffs, even though they're lesser used ones. Still, it makes the Mantis more viable for any newer people picking up the game, and makes the Mantis X more viable.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah it'll help out those lower levels at least, I'm just a bit peeved they didn't lower the speed of Dragoons.

It seems the most wanted kit is this:

Whereas I'd be fine with him or the Drell.

Edit: Also they extended the Halloween challenge because of Sandy.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, the way I see it, it still makes more sense than that new freaking PSN Store. Like, I went looking for DLC costumes for some Super Street Fighter IV: AE characters this morning since I had spare money in my PSN wallet and I'm like "What the HELL is this?". :glare:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Aw yeah got the Harrier 5!

Edit:

Also apparently the Quarian Marksman gets this:

A relevantly-specced Marksman and Tactical Scan working together will provide:
►25% damage increase from all sources
►7.5% weapon damage
►50% headshot damage (headshots are already damage multipliers in and of themselves)
►35% - 50% accuracy boost to help you hit the bad guy in the head
►25% - 40% rate of fire boost to hit the bad guy's head a lot more often

That's not accounting for the weapon damage boost (which I presume will be at least another 20%) from the specialization power tree or the weapon damage boost found in the fitness tree that gives extra weapon damage for killing an enemy with heavy melee beforehand. Combine all that with a Typhoon, and you have one bad-*** motha****in' Quarian.
So expect nerfs.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
And yay I finally completed Cerberus Mastery! I checked and I'm also 91% of the way through Combat too, so completing that will mean I've got 4 banners.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So Omega DLC spoilers. This isn't spoilers on what happens this is spoilers on one person who will appear in it:

A Female Turian.

[collapse= Spoiler pics]

[/collapse]

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah, apparently...SOMETHING is supposed to happen today, but I didn't investigate past that.
Log in today to recieve a loyalty pack. Complete 3 extractions as a Human by friday to complete the challenge.

Also balance changes!:

Nov 7, 2012

Happy N7 day!

Everyone who logs in is awarded an N7 Loyalty pack. Must be collected today!

New N7 challenge available for a limited time

Geth Trooper Soldier kit now available as a new Rare card

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Reactor and Firebase Giant

Challenges
- New N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle challenge under Assault Rifle Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New M-55 Argus Assault Rifle challenge under Assault Rifle Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New AT-12 Raider Shotgun challenge under Shotgun Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New Collector Sniper Rifle challenge under Sniper Rifle Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New Collector SMG challenge under SMG Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New Smash challenge under Biotic Mastery (50,000 point requirement)
- New Biotic Orbs challenge under Biotic Mastery (50,000 point requirement)
- New Barrier challenge under Biotic Mastery (50,000 point requirement)

- Point reward for completing Solo Mastery decreased from 300 to 100
- Point reward for completing Biotic Mastery decreased from 300 to 140
- Point reward for completing Tech Mastery decreased from 300 to 140
- Point reward for completing Squad Elite increased from 130 to 200
- Point reward for completing Resurgence Mastery increased from 130 to 170
- Point reward for completing Rebellion Mastery increased from 130 to 170
- Point reward for completing Earth Mastery increased from 130 to 170
- Point reward for completing Commando Mastery increased from 160 to 200
- Point reward for completing Machine Mastery increased from 140 to 170
- Point reward for completing Outsider Mastery increased from 130 to 170
- Point reward for completing Shotgun, Assault Rifle, or Sniper Rifle Mastery increased from 140 to 175
- Point reward for completing Pistol Mastery increased from 130 to 155
- Point reward for completing Combat Mastery increased from 170 to 255
- Point reward for completing Cerberus Mastery increased from 220 to 250
- Point reward for completing Reaper Mastery increased from 200 to 250
- Point reward for completing Geth Mastery increased from 200 to 250
- Point reward for completing Collector Mastery increased from 200 to 250

- Fixed a bug where the Arc Grenade challenge for Male Quarian kits was not working
- Fixed a bug with the Survival Medal challenge not completing

- Title for completing the Halloween Challenge changed from "Halloween Challenge" to "Hallowed Hero"

Batarian Brawler
- Now moves at the same speed as other Batarians when carrying objectives

Cerberus Wave Data
- (Bronze) Wave 6, 7, 9: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 2 (there was no cap before)

- (Silver) Wave 4, 8, 9: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 5 (there was no cap before)
- (Silver) Wave 5: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 3 (there was no cap before)

- (Gold) Wave 4: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Centurion
- (Gold) Wave 7: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Engineer
- (Gold) Wave 3: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 3 (there was no cap before)
- (Gold) Wave 4, 6, 7: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 6 (there was no cap before)

Collector Wave Data
- (Gold) Wave 3, 5, 9: Maximum number of Praetorians per wave capped at 3 (there was no cap before)
- (Gold) Wave 6, 8, 10: Maximum number of Praetorians per wave capped at 6 (there was no cap before)

Also, possible new multiplayer enemies for Reapers and maybe Cerberus?:

OMEGA DLC SPOILERS:
We also have two new enemies. There is the Rampant Mech, which is basically a crowd-control mech created by Omega to keep the populace controlled and the Adjutant, which are Reaper tech-based enemies. People who have read the comics will know about these.

That Reaper enemy was cut, it's in the artbook.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Log in today to recieve a loyalty pack. Complete 3 extractions as a Human by friday to complete the challenge.

Also balance changes!:

Nov 7, 2012

Happy N7 day!

Everyone who logs in is awarded an N7 Loyalty pack. Must be collected today!

New N7 challenge available for a limited time

Geth Trooper Soldier kit now available as a new Rare card

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Reactor and Firebase Giant

Challenges
- New N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle challenge under Assault Rifle Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New M-55 Argus Assault Rifle challenge under Assault Rifle Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New AT-12 Raider Shotgun challenge under Shotgun Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New Collector Sniper Rifle challenge under Sniper Rifle Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New Collector SMG challenge under SMG Mastery (140,000 point requirement)
- New Smash challenge under Biotic Mastery (50,000 point requirement)
- New Biotic Orbs challenge under Biotic Mastery (50,000 point requirement)
- New Barrier challenge under Biotic Mastery (50,000 point requirement)

- Point reward for completing Solo Mastery decreased from 300 to 100
- Point reward for completing Biotic Mastery decreased from 300 to 140
- Point reward for completing Tech Mastery decreased from 300 to 140
- Point reward for completing Squad Elite increased from 130 to 200
- Point reward for completing Resurgence Mastery increased from 130 to 170
- Point reward for completing Rebellion Mastery increased from 130 to 170
- Point reward for completing Earth Mastery increased from 130 to 170
- Point reward for completing Commando Mastery increased from 160 to 200
- Point reward for completing Machine Mastery increased from 140 to 170
- Point reward for completing Outsider Mastery increased from 130 to 170
- Point reward for completing Shotgun, Assault Rifle, or Sniper Rifle Mastery increased from 140 to 175
- Point reward for completing Pistol Mastery increased from 130 to 155
- Point reward for completing Combat Mastery increased from 170 to 255
- Point reward for completing Cerberus Mastery increased from 220 to 250
- Point reward for completing Reaper Mastery increased from 200 to 250
- Point reward for completing Geth Mastery increased from 200 to 250
- Point reward for completing Collector Mastery increased from 200 to 250

- Fixed a bug where the Arc Grenade challenge for Male Quarian kits was not working
- Fixed a bug with the Survival Medal challenge not completing

- Title for completing the Halloween Challenge changed from "Halloween Challenge" to "Hallowed Hero"

Batarian Brawler
- Now moves at the same speed as other Batarians when carrying objectives

Cerberus Wave Data
- (Bronze) Wave 6, 7, 9: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 2 (there was no cap before)

- (Silver) Wave 4, 8, 9: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 5 (there was no cap before)
- (Silver) Wave 5: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 3 (there was no cap before)

- (Gold) Wave 4: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Centurion
- (Gold) Wave 7: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Engineer
- (Gold) Wave 3: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 3 (there was no cap before)
- (Gold) Wave 4, 6, 7: Maximum number of Dragoons per wave capped at 6 (there was no cap before)

Collector Wave Data
- (Gold) Wave 3, 5, 9: Maximum number of Praetorians per wave capped at 3 (there was no cap before)
- (Gold) Wave 6, 8, 10: Maximum number of Praetorians per wave capped at 6 (there was no cap before)

Also, possible new multiplayer enemies for Reapers and maybe Cerberus?:

OMEGA DLC SPOILERS:
We also have two new enemies. There is the Rampant Mech, which is basically a crowd-control mech created by Omega to keep the populace controlled and the Adjutant, which are Reaper tech-based enemies. People who have read the comics will know about these.

That Reaper enemy was cut, it's in the artbook.
Basically, Salarian Reapers.

I did see that in the comic that came with the CE.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well apparently
it just infects people and changes them into him, don't think it's Salarian specific.

[collapse= Spoilerish pic]
[/collapse]

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I think that's because Sur'Kesh doesn't get invaded.

Maybe right at the end because I'm sure the whole galaxy is under attack then but still, there are no Elcor, Drell, Hanar, Volus, Vorcha or Quarian Reapers either, despite the fact they could be awesome:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I think that's because Sur'Kesh doesn't get invaded.

Maybe right at the end because I'm sure the whole galaxy is under attack then but still, there are no Elcor, Drell, Hanar, Volus, Vorcha or Quarian Reapers either, despite the fact they could be awesome:

I remember when the artist posted those on Reddit. He was taking requests and stuff. Back when /r/masseffect was a good sub-reddit.

I'm sure they've made their rounds now across the web. But ah, memories.

Top Bottom