• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Are you referring to the nerfers on BSN? If so I agree 100 percent.
I hope that's who he's referring to. The less people complaining about "how easy the game is" because they have Level X EVERYTHING and a 3000 N7 rating, the better.

But seriously, 16 classes? That's insane. And...is going to take forever to get all of considering I still don't have the Shadow or Fury yet. Though 16 doesn't really go into 6 evenly, lol.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nah I mean all the insane rage and people trying to collapse Bioware 8 months ago over the ending.

Anyway something tells me these 16 classes will be released slowly over time, rather than all at once.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nah I mean all the insane rage and people trying to collapse Bioware 8 months ago over the ending.

Anyway something tells me these 16 classes will be released slowly over time, rather than all at once.

Oh right, you mean the whole "Occupy Bioware" crazed movement?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah, well anyway, confirmed:

There are 16 classes in total and 4 will be available at launch on Tuesday. The remaining characters will be rolled out over time.
And new patch has been datamined:

- Vorcha Hunter (class unknown)
- Turian Vanguard
- "Viper", could be related to the sniper rifle or a new class
- Volus Adept
- Volus Engineer
- Turian Saboteur, Volus Mercenary and Volus Protector, however these sound like class powers such as Turian Veteran and Salarian Operative to me.
And stuff missed out of patch notes:

Promoting doesn't reset names, colors, weapons and doesn't auto-assign one point
20 seconds timer when 3/4 people are ready
Destroyer's missile launcher now appears as 'Hawk Missile Launcher' in the kill-feed
Geth Prime's drone now attacks players with an Incinerate-like attack
Challenge Points

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

Their intention wasn't to make Bioware fail. It was to get a different ending. And considering the tremendous lack of quality of the original endings I don't blame people for getting angry over that considering it was the ending to a trilogy. Luckily the Extended Cut made the endings much better.

Anyway, it would be pretty cool if Harbinger possessed one of the Collectors a few times during the matches.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
We must have been viewing different events then.

But, regarding the multiplayer and not old events:

If Harbinger does appear in multiplayer, though I doubt it I assume this is just for the trailer (like how Axton in Borderlands 2 trailers has turrets he technically can't have yet) then I hope he just trolls you from the sidelines.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
We must have been viewing different events then.

But, regarding the multiplayer and not old events:

If Harbinger does appear in multiplayer, though I doubt it I assume this is just for the trailer (like how Axton in Borderlands 2 trailers has turrets he technically can't have yet) then I hope he just trolls you from the sidelines.
Yeah Harbinger dialogue during multiplayer would be pretty cool. I'm also hoping Collectors will also be enemies in the Omega dlc (and hopefully Harbinger will have a role to play to Omega as well).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Which would be fitting given how close it is to the Omega 4 Relay, and seeing as though they got Harbingers voice actor back maybe he'll appear in future DLC of some sort.

Don't really know how I feel about Volus though, maybe they'll have super high shields and like no health? Because technically as soon as their suit gets punctured they EXPLODE, but then again I guess everyone would have to fight in this war. It's not lore breaking, but technically neither is Geth biotics (according to the codex there's nothing that contradicts the possibility of a biotic Geth) and ironically, the way biotics work, a Geth Vanguard would probably be more effective than an organic Vanguard.

Edit:

Also, explosion ammo? Explosion Particle Rifle anyone?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So all the N7 weapons (Eagle etc) will become Ultra-Rares on/before Tuesday as well it seems, and the Collector Rifle will be a rare.

So there's going to be a ton of content to unlock come Tuesday.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So all the N7 weapons (Eagle etc) will become Ultra-Rares on/before Tuesday as well it seems, and the Collector Rifle will be a rare.

So there's going to be a ton of content to unlock come Tuesday.

I'm sure by the time Tuesday comes a lot of people will have like 3 million credits saved up and stuff.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Anybody else notice that Collectors,

are going to be incredibly easy to headshot.

Hopefully the all have Sync kills to counter this lol.

Edit:

On a more interesting note, though this isn't official, aparently this is a leak of some the characters coming (the Turians are missing, I assume the ones coming on Tuesday aren't there):

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So turns out those images are hosted on Biowares site. With some clever word changing in the multiplayer manifest bit you can make those images appear.

So I guess that means they're legit.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ok so I'm a bit slow on updating but:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/08/developer-blog-updates-coming-to-me3-multiplayer/

Basically, titles and challenges are being introduced, weekend operations reward you instantly now, and they'll happen every weekend instead of bi-weekly now.

Edit:

Also on a wider note, Volus being introduced has caused some controversy among everyone. It seems it has much more supporters though, as most people just can't wait to play them, but people are arguing about lore.

My opinion is the Vanguard is a weird choice, but technically the Volus are fine, there's no way they're going to stand around doing nothing as the Reapers destroy their planet and commit genocide on them, and they obviously have troops of some sort, especially now that they can't rely on the Turians. And heck even Joker can get a special exoskeleton made for him similar to Vega's, so an incredibly wealthy (or the wealthiest?) race in the entire galaxy would obviously be able to make combat suits for themselves. Also they're Engineers, Adepts and Sentinels, which are sort of "non-combat" combat roles. The Vanguard is combat centric but then again Vanguard's are basically Adepts that decided to pick up a shotgun so meh, and multiplayer always stretches the lore a bit (3 Vorcha and a Geth fighting Geth on Palaven's moon?) so it's fine.

All-in-all the Volus are fine I think, even lore friendly, and while I feel bad for the poor Salarians not getting more support I think I'd be a Volus supporter. If Dominate wasn't an Asari-only power (I think) I'd want the Volus Sent to have Dominate and Sabotage, because it'd fit him perfectly.

Edit edit:

Also because of work I only managed to save up 1.3mil rather than my tageted 2 mil.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I think seeing the Volus fight is gonna be hilarious. I can't wait to see it. Also the operations being every weekend and rewarding you instantly is awesome. I think I'll have to start playing the multiplayer more again.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Now that all the Borderlands 2 joy is fading (at least until Mechromancer) I think I'll be back in ME more often, it seems that most of my friends list has gone back to it/started playing Borderlands less, it took me no time to fill up matches.

CoD and Halo are released next month but then again they're multiplayer juggernauts so I don't think there's another game, single player or multiplayer, that wont be hit hard by them.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Powers:

Adepts (in order shown)
Volus (Stasis, Biotic Orbs, Shield Boost)
Krogan Shaman (Barrier, Shockwave, Warp)
Batarian Slasher (Warp, Cluster Grenade, Lash)

Soldiers
Turian Havoc ( Cryo Blast, Havoc Strike, Stimulant Pack)
Geth Trooper (Hunter Mode, Flamer, Fortification)
Quarian Marksman (Marksman, Tactical Scan, Sabotage)

Engineer
Volus (Proximity Mine, Shield Boost, Recon Mine)
Turian Saboteur (Sabotage, Sentry Turret, Homing Grenade)
Vorcha Hunter (Bloodlust, Incinerate, Submission Net)

Sentinel
Volus Mercenary (Decoy, Combat Drone, Shield Boost)
Asari Valkyrie (Tech Armor, Annihilation Field, Warp)

Infiltrator
Turian Ghost (Overload, Tactical Cloak, Stimulant Pack)
Drell Assasin (Tactical Cloak, Homing Grenade, Recon Mine)
Asary Huntress (Tactical Cloak, Dark Channel, Warp)

Vanguard
Volus Protector (Biotic Charge, Biotic Orbs, Shield Boost)
Batarian Brawler (Biotic Charge, Blade Armor, Lash)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hmm...that Vorcha class doesn't sound all that good, but the Volus Engineer and Sentinel sound interesting, as does the Asari Infiltrator, Quarian, and possibly Batarians.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I never got a Volus, but I did get like everything else, including some amazing Gear.

Also, Collector's are absolutely insane. They're actually hard (as in, not cheap hard like the Geth) and REALLY give you a run for your money. Tried doing a speedrun on Glacier with them, I was the Havok Turian, and they just ***** us silly.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I got the Particle Rifle, a couple of guns, and in my first Premium Spectre Pack, I got the BIOTIC GOD. Biotic Orbs is essentially like being surrounded by 3 (or 4 if you pick the level 6) Warps that you can throw back to back. Shield Boost insta-heals your shields and those around you. As well, his normal melee is to turn invisible so you can get away, and his heavy melee is a temporary force field, so his melee attacks aren't attacks, but means to run away.

Some impressions and notes on things:

- All 16 classes came with the DLC, as after getting it, I could cycle through them all. However, after a game, all but the Volus Adept, Volus Engineer, Turian Havoc, and Turian Ghost disappeared from the list.

- Firebase Reactor seems harder somehow for some random reason.

- I'm not a fan of the new display things and I have no idea what the 2nd number by the characters means. I know the one symbol is to Promote but the other makes me go "WTF is that?"

- I forget the name of it, but that one level with a Sandstorm is just SO ANNOYING. Like, it rolls in wave 2 and stays there for the entire match and you can't do anything about it.

- The Collectors are insanely hard, even on Silver you can tell. Just about ANY of them can get possessed and made 3 times stronger, Abominations >>>> Husks, the Scions are insane, and the Praetoreans (sp?) can continually fire their lasers of death with almost no pause between shots. Plus, they throw freaking CLUSTER BOMBS that have like 5 Grenades a pieces, all of them doing as much as a normal grenade.

- The re-design of Firebase White is terri-bad save for that escape route from the outside upstairs walkway bit in case you get trapped. Other than that, it just makes the level confusing, tries to fix what isn't broken, and throws in randomly exploding boxes for no reason whatsoever.

- Oh, and they still went and decided to buff the enemies a bit more. Joy. "Yay for 'balance'!!". :glare:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
- Oh, and they still went and decided to buff the enemies a bit more. Joy. "Yay for 'balance'!!". :glare:
Stomping and the slight Atlas buffs aren't that bad, speaking of which, balance changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 9, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New weapon mods available
- Assault Rifle Thermal Scope
- Assault Rifle High-Velocity Barrel
- Shotgun Omni-Blade
- Shotgun High-Velocity Barrel
- Sniper Rifle Thermal Scope
- Sniper Rifle High-Velocity Barrel
- Pistol Heavy Barrel

Singularity Power
- Duration of singularity decreased from 25 to 8 seconds (October 2 balance changes missed this)

Cryo Explosion Power Combo
- Like Biotic Explosion or Tech Burst combos, this combo can now occur without killing the target.
- The target must still be fully frozen to be detonated.
- Damage increased from [50-125] to [75-200]
- Impact radius decreased from [3-5] meters to [2-4] meters

Fire Explosion Power Combo
- Like Biotic Explosion or Tech Burst combos, this combo can now occur without killing the target.
- Impact radius decreased from [3-6] meters to [2-4] meters
- Damage decreased from [150-375] to [100-250]
- Damage-over-time damage decreased from [20-50] to [12.5-31.25]

Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue where you could get an unlimited number of the new character cards
- Fixed issue allowing players to see the unreleased Retaliation kits in the character selection screen

Also, here are some additional changes that were included with the Retaliation DLC or missed in our patch notes.
- Geth Pyros can now stomp players who are downed
- Marauders can now stomp players who are downed
- Atlas now moves faster
- Atlas rocket will add a small damage-over-time effect on players that prevents shield regeneration for a short time
- Geth Prime drone now attacks players
- New map layout for Firebase White and Firebase Glacier
- Wave changes to Geth faction to account for new Geth Bomber enemy
- Wave changes to Cerberus faction to account for the new Dragoon enemy
- Weapons in the lobby show their rarity as a border around the weapon
- Can now see the last pack you purchased in the store
- Consumables now show statistics in their descriptions
- Destroyer's missile launcher now shows "Hawk Missile Launcher" in the kill feed instead of "Missile Launcher"
- When 3 of 4 players are ready in the lobby, there is a 20 second countdown before the match automatically begins
- Promoting a character preservers name and appearance, and doesn't assign any talent points
- Carnage power can now set up Fire Explosion power combos

And Xanthan, both the Scion and the Praetorian can sync kill you, but the sync kill animations are incredibly long so it doesn't feel as cheap, and there's more chance of getting rescued. The Scion's sync kill is just brutal too, I mean the Prae's is really cool to watch but I actually felt bad for my Kroguard when the Scion sync killed him.

Also you people need to try Collector's on Glacier Gold. Those seeker swarms and those Collector webs they can set up will just **** you over. Even my Kroguard fears the Collector's now.

Also I'm pretty sure Atlas' got a stealth buff. They seem more sync kill happy and I've noticed they'll grab you even if you're on the other side of cover now. Also those Dragoon's can be tricky if they sneak up on you.

Top Bottom