• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Since we were on the subject of villains we'd like to see once Skull Kid get in. If Zelda got two non echo characters, Skull Kid was one, what would you like the other one to be?

I would want the other to be Zora (Ruto, Zora link, or Mipha) or Goron character (Darunia, Goron Link, or Daruk) due to how prominent those races are in the Zelda franchise
I would love for the other one to be Midna on Wolf Link, that was my most wanted before she got deconfirmed.
My other pick would be a niche one, but Medli from the WindWaker has always been a favorite of mine.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Since we were on the subject of villains we'd like to see once Skull Kid get in. If Zelda got two non echo characters, Skull Kid was one, what would you like the other one to be?

I would want the other to be Zora (Ruto, Zora link, or Mipha) or Goron character (Darunia, Goron Link, or Daruk) due to how prominent those races are in the Zelda franchise
Impa (specifically Hyrule Warriors)
Zant

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Beast Ganon, sporting his Link Between Worlds look ( with Yuga-Ganon alt ), make him Bowser/K. Rool size, give him the trident, a temporary invisibility move, teleporting, fire keese, and of course a trident throw. I know Ganondorf's final Smash features beat Ganon, but I think it'd be okay since this one sports a different design and weapons. I'd see it as the same as having adult Link on the roster in a scenario where young link has a Fierce Diety final smash. With Ganondorf still being a Falcon clone, this is the best shot we got for a true representation of Zelda's big bad.

So guy's I'm curious: Once Skull Kid gets in; what villain are you planning to throw your support behind, if any?
See above, but I'd also want Vaati, Medusa from Kid Icarus, Doctor Robotnik in some kinda small-ish mech, Captain Syrup, Marx, Black Shadow, Porky Minch, maybe Liquid as an Echo for Snake... I don't think any of those have a good shot besides Medusa, but I can still dream.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Ghirahim. He's generally my next Zelda pick. I'll vote Impa as the final for my bro Diddy Kong.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Beast Ganon, sporting his Link Between Worlds look ( with Yuga-Ganon alt ), make him Bowser/K. Rool size, give him the trident, a temporary invisibility move, teleporting, fire keese, and of course a trident throw. I know Ganondorf's final Smash features beat Ganon, but I think it'd be okay since this one sports a different design and weapons. I'd see it as the same as having adult Link on the roster in a scenario where young link has a Fierce Diety final smash. With Ganondorf still being a Falcon clone, this is the best shot we got for a true representation of Zelda's big bad.

See above, but I'd also want Vaati, Medusa from Kid Icarus, Doctor Robotnik in some kinda small-ish mech, Captain Syrup, Marx, Black Shadow, Porky Minch, maybe Liquid as an Echo for Snake... I don't think any of those have a good shot besides Medusa, but I can still dream.
I agree. If we can have 3 Links and 2 Zeldas if you count Sheik, we can have 2 Ganons.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I feel like Sakurai has Mewtwo as a source of inspiration for Skull Kid. Not that I want Skull Kid to be an echo but Skull Kid as a Mewtwo echo would be a sick last resort for me personally.

Kingkridley

Smash Rookie
Majora's Mask is nostalgic as hell for me, and Skull Kid is one of my favorite gaming villains of all time, and my favorite Zelda character, by far. Skull Kid for smash!

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So guy's I'm curious: Once Skull Kid gets in; what villain are you planning to throw your support behind, if any?
It's hard to say. I played Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I would love to see the Black Knight get some representation in the game.
I always wanted a Pokemon villain rep in some fashion. Currently, I am supporting Golisopod as a potential rep (Villains being represented). The idea sounds awesome to me.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I'll be supporting a Mother villain, between Porky, Giygas and Claus. Giygas as a Mewtwo echo feels like the best possibility and I already main Mewtwo, so I'd settle on Giygas. But Porky is who I really want.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I feel like Sakurai has Mewtwo as a source of inspiration for Skull Kid. Not that I want Skull Kid to be an echo but Skull Kid as a Mewtwo echo would be a sick last resort for me personally.
I dunno, personally I feel if he was a clone of anyone, it would be Lucas

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well, the site has been updated again, so I guess they're not waiting until the Direct comes out. I wish they would announce the date already. The waiting is so irritating.

I know I'm being whiny and petulant, but how hard is it to just say when it's coming?

cybersai

Smash Ace
Once Skull Kid is in, all the big villains are in Smash for me, so I'm indifferent to others. A lot of the other potential ones would just be echoes anyway, so I'm not really interested in that.

I mean there's also Pig Ganon, but no chance in hell of it happening anytime soon.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Tetra all the way. She's a fairly reoccurring character and is easily my favorite iteration of Zelda.

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice
While we're on the subject of other Zelda characters...

Looks at signature and avatar

Please? I'd take an echo or even just a skin!!

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Well, the site has been updated again, so I guess they're not waiting until the Direct comes out. I wish they would announce the date already. The waiting is so irritating.

I know I'm being whiny and petulant, but how hard is it to just say when it's coming?
I'm just afraid something is going to get leaked and ruin the surprise.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
So hypothetically speaking. If Skullkid isn't playable, are you guys on board to rally/support him for DLC? :)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If Skull Kid has no role in this game, I will absolutely support him as a DLC character. If he's a boss, or an AT, or something that otherwise precludes him from being playable, I'm afraid his fate will be sealed for this game. I'll still support him for the next one though!

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
So hypothetically speaking. If Skullkid isn't playable, are you guys on board to rally/support him for DLC? :)
Post-launch, my focus is on supporting the promotion of a few Assist Trophy characters, namely Ashley (it hasn't happened before, but that doesn't mean it's impossible). Also, depending on what DLC looks like, that would possibly be the ideal time to jump on the Mipha support train. But all that wouldn't necessarily keep me from supporting Skull Kid.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
If Skull Kid has no role in this game, I will absolutely support him as a DLC character. If he's a boss, or an AT, or something that otherwise precludes him from being playable, I'm afraid his fate will be sealed for this game. I'll still support him for the next one though!
Yeah I think that would be a good idea. Apparently the K Rool costume was added at the end of Smash 4 because there wasn't time to make him playable DLC. So they added a costume and planned him for the next game.
Even if Skullkid is a boss (which I don't think he will be) voting for him won't be wasted because it will be used for next game. :)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Majora's Mask is my fav Zelda game! I mean, I'm not a huge Zelda fan anyway but... that game is really special! With it's constant pressure and yadda yadda, yall've heard this a million times haha

I just hope Skull Kid's trailer maybe has him stealing Meta Knight's mask!

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
We are 2 and a half hours away from the time at which the direct was announced before the earthquake happened, good idea to pay attention in case they announce it again on the same schedule

Edit: well I was wrong... And the website didn't update today either or am I missing something?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not planning to be doing Smash speculation for the DLC period, but I would really hope that people take up the mantle and vouch for him, with his huge surge of popularity recently he has an incredibly strong platform to build off of, even if he's somehow still an AT I could still see him becoming a playable character if everyone just keeps at it.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Long-time lurker finally logging back in. I'd love to join the Masked Marauders!

Skull Kid really is someone i would be ecstatic to see, no matter which route Sakurai would decide to take for his moveset. Be it his more mischievous prankster side or the insanity caused by the mask, no matter what they focus on, he promises to have an exciting design and i'd at least give him a long good try to see if i'd main him (though i switch around a lot anyways). And i think, all things considered, Ultimate could finally be his chance to shine!

I'd support him as DLC in a heartbeat.
And if i could get a second non-echo rep, it'd be Zant - for very much the same reasons as Skull Kid. I love the intimidating, sleek design mixed in with absolute craziness in personality and moveset these two offer.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Tingle for sure. I feel like I'm becoming that guy who wants to **** Yoshi in the main thread for Tingle because he's all I ever post about, but seriously his spinoff games are great and he would be an incredibly fun and unique character. I also feel like a key aspect, maybe the key aspect of the Zelda series is its zany side, and its strange NPCs, and I can't think of a better character to represent that side of the series than Tingle.

I really feel like that's a big part of what makes Zelda special. I've loved this series since I was five years old (that's a looong time) and what drew me to it was never the "coolness" but the mystery and the absurdity and all the weird wonderful color that separates it from so many other fantasy rpg series. Midna and Ghirahim and Vaati and Impa are all cool characters, but I feel like they could slot pretty easily into any Final Fantasy or Fire Emblem or Xenoblade game. No disrespect to those series, but there's just a particular spice that makes Hyrule Hyrule for me and it lies in the contrast between its darker high fantasy stuff and all the silly weirdness. Everything just has such personality and charm and nothing takes itself too seriously. There's an evil devil worshipping ninja cult, and their one weakness... is that they're obsessed with bananas. You can only win the respect of the proud mountain golems... by making their chieftain GET DOWN to a jaunty flute song. A highly advanced race of precursors has watched over the land for centuries from their palace in the sky... and they're just chickens with human faces.

THAT'S what Zelda is to me. And I feel like, with the possible exception of Toon Link, none of that really comes through in Smash. We just have the elfin hero (x3), the evil warlock, the princess, and the badass mentor ninja. And sure, we could add any number of other badass characters, but is that really what the series is about? At its core, Zelda is and always has been a deeply silly series. I just feel like there's always been this contingent of Zelda fans, like the people who were upset about Wind Waker's art direction, who want this series to be SERIOUS FANTASY WITH DEEP LORE, and no disrespect, but it's not. I's playful and wacky and it puts fun above everything else. Zelda is the series where attacking a chicken will cause an apocalyptic storm of chickens to come and attack you. Zelda is a series full of characters like Tingle and dozens of other lovable weirdos going all the way back to the "ITS A SECRET TO EVERYONE" guy. AND DAMN IT, WHO WILL SPEAK FOR THE WEIRDOS?

I know this is the Skull Kid thread, and I'm on board for Skull Kid, but that's because Majora's Mask is the Zelda with the most of the spice I'm talking about.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We need to write up a narrative for people to really envision and want him in Smash.
Prologue

It was another beautiful day in the Lost Woods...or so it was, until it started to rain. Despite the compact canopy of leaves overhead, the rain still managed to find its way through and become bothersome. Lil' Skull Kid was just sitting in his home, browsing on his magical...whatchamacallit.....ah, his computer, looking at posts about him and Smash Bros.

He saw support from loving fans, cool art, hype...it all filled him with glee; but then, to his dismay, he saw people brushing him off as a "bandwagon character" and saying "lol what would he even do," not realizing just how iconic and how much moveset potential he had. It was then that he had decided to show the world just how much he deserved to be in the new Smash Bros. title, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He got up, grabbed his pal Majora, and set off.

[insert more here]

StoneMask

Smash Cadet
Prologue

It was another beautiful day in the Lost Woods...or so it was, until it started to rain. Despite the compact canopy of leaves overhead, the rain still managed to find its way through and become bothersome. Lil' Skull Kid was just sitting in his home, browsing on his magical...whatchamacallit.....ah, his computer, looking at posts about him and Smash Bros.

He saw support from loving fans, cool art, hype...it all filled him with glee; but then, to his dismay, he saw people brushing him off as a "bandwagon character" and saying "lol what would he even do," not realizing just how iconic and how much moveset potential he had. It was then that he had decided to show the world just how much he deserved to be in the new Smash Bros. title, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He got up, grabbed his pal Majora, and set off.

[insert more here]
Haha this is really great.

"And then the four giants stopped him, for they knew that if he was setting off somewhere with the Mask of Majora, that he was up to no good. But Skull Kid promised that he was just going to play with some friends from other video game universes, so the giants let him go on his way."

cybersai

Smash Ace
If Skull Kid really doesn't make the base roster, we're going to turn him into the next Ridley and K. Rool for DLC.

Skull Kids rumors are all over the internet, tons of different places like reddit, youtube, twitter, tumblr, IGN, gamefaqs, ResetEra, discords, etc. all know about Skill Kid being rumored for Smash. Now that Skull Kid is mentioned all over the internet, it's very likely all these different people will rally behind him for DLC when they might not have before.

loz breaking the news of Skull Kid early was a blessing in disguise. If by chance he doesn't make it, look at all the thousands of people who now suddenly want Skull Kid when prior he would not have come up in most peoples minds. He's definitely going to be a huge pick for DLC if he doesn't make it.

Skull Kid will become the next Ridley and K. Rool, I'm betting. But let's all hope it doesn't have to come to that and he's in the base roster.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Tingle for sure. I feel like I'm becoming that guy who wants to **** Yoshi in the main thread for Tingle because he's all I ever post about, but seriously his spinoff games are great and he would be an incredibly fun and unique character. I also feel like a key aspect, maybe the key aspect of the Zelda series is its zany side, and its strange NPCs, and I can't think of a better character to represent that side of the series than Tingle.

I really feel like that's a big part of what makes Zelda special. I've loved this series since I was five years old (that's a looong time) and what drew me to it was never the "coolness" but the mystery and the absurdity and all the weird wonderful color that separates it from so many other fantasy rpg series. Midna and Ghirahim and Vaati and Impa are all cool characters, but I feel like they could slot pretty easily into any Final Fantasy or Fire Emblem or Xenoblade game. No disrespect to those series, but there's just a particular spice that makes Hyrule Hyrule for me and it lies in the contrast between its darker high fantasy stuff and all the silly weirdness. Everything just has such personality and charm and nothing takes itself too seriously. There's an evil devil worshipping ninja cult, and their one weakness... is that they're obsessed with bananas. You can only win the respect of the proud mountain golems... by making their chieftain GET DOWN to a jaunty flute song. A highly advanced race of precursors has watched over the land for centuries from their palace in the sky... and they're just chickens with human faces.

THAT'S what Zelda is to me. And I feel like, with the possible exception of Toon Link, none of that really comes through in Smash. We just have the elfin hero (x3), the evil warlock, the princess, and the badass mentor ninja. And sure, we could add any number of other badass characters, but is that really what the series is about? At its core, Zelda is and always has been a deeply silly series. I just feel like there's always been this contingent of Zelda fans, like the people who were upset about Wind Waker's art direction, who want this series to be SERIOUS FANTASY WITH DEEP LORE, and no disrespect, but it's not. I's playful and wacky and it puts fun above everything else. Zelda is the series where attacking a chicken will cause an apocalyptic storm of chickens to come and attack you. Zelda is a series full of characters like Tingle and dozens of other lovable weirdos going all the way back to the "ITS A SECRET TO EVERYONE" guy. AND DAMN IT, WHO WILL SPEAK FOR THE WEIRDOS?

I know this is the Skull Kid thread, and I'm on board for Skull Kid, but that's because Majora's Mask is the Zelda with the most of the spice I'm talking about.
This. Although Tingle’s not one of my first picks (would still like to see him), this is one of my main reasons Skull Kid is my most wanted for Smash. Really captures that mysterious, whimsical and fantastic vibe that reeled me into Zelda in the first place. I 100% relate to this sentiment. Also, if Skull Kid doesn’t make it into the base roster, will campaign for him for DLC in a heartbeat. Obviously.

It’s probably worth noting that the Zelda series itself was birthed in the inspiration of Miyamoto’s own imaginary adventures exploring through woods and caves and countryside back home. That childish nature of the series is at the very soul of the franchise itself. Which makes a lot of sense in retrospect, considering its main character is a kid dressed like Peter Pan adventuring around with a fairy companion.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Most likely. I really want the Zelda series to have more characters outside of the triforce trio, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have who's still eligible.

Top Bottom