• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's True Combos: Character Specific List.*community contributions*

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
do you mean anti-air jab or jab when you are both grounded?
Hit stun here applies to both takeurlife (aerial and ground).

What I haven't tested though, is if the 11%/6% thing applies universally, or is dependant on weight of the opponent. Which is probably HIGHLY likely.

So for the time being, say

@ 198% untippered jab-> db Works on Marth,
and @ 66% tippered jab -> db works on Marth.
Explaination:
Marth hits Marth with a tipper jab at 66%, it deals unPRECENDENTED DAMAGE (lol), 28 frames of hit stun.
Marth's Jab:
Hit: 4
End: 27
Hit Stun: 28
Advantage Formula: (4-27) + 28 + 1 (Hit stun applies from after hitlag, i.e. frame 5 of jab)
= +6 frame advantage.
2 Frames to dash and 4 frames for db1.

Oh, and of course take, DI matters.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Hit stun here applies to both takeurlife (aerial and ground).

What I haven't tested though, is if the 11%/6% thing applies universally, or is dependant on weight of the opponent. Which is probably HIGHLY likely.

So for the time being, say

@ 198% untippered jab-> db Works on Marth,
and @ 66% tippered jab -> db works on Marth.
Explaination:
Marth hits Marth with a tipper jab at 66%, it deals unPRECENDENTED DAMAGE (lol), 28 frames of hit stun.
Marth's Jab:
Hit: 4
End: 27
Hit Stun: 28
Advantage Formula: (4-27) + 28 + 1 (Hit stun applies from after hitlag, i.e. frame 5 of jab)
= +6 frame advantage.
2 Frames to dash and 4 frames for db1.

Oh, and of course take, DI matters.
So what youre saying is, any attack that comes out in less than 4 frames and can be activated from dash? gotta add upB son, i loves leaving myself way open if i mess up ^,^

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Untippered jab -> first 2 hits of DB or upB (198%)

Tipper jab -> first 2 hits of DB or upB (66%)

Lol nice you actually added those?

Wait, so if you tipper jab, you don't have to worry about moving closer to Up B? It will hit?
And wouldn't this jab combo work on a bunch of other characters too?

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
There's a combo on Snake I've been doing lately which consists of Forward Throw>Dancing Blade(Up)>Wait for Dodge, Fair> Fair>Forward Smash/Dancing Blade(0%-Not sure?). I'm not 100% positive, but I'm sure the damage output gives you enough room to fit in the second Fair before Snake hit's the ground to shield(Or powershield), something I can't exactly test frame data-wise(Shaya???). They can obviously jump out of it instead of dodging, but Snake main's have a bad habit of overusing the dodge.

Only tested on a level 9 computer, seriously, lol.

Just want to make sure that after they dodge they won't be able to shield it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
There's a combo on Snake I've been doing lately which consists of Forward Throw>Dancing Blade(Up)>Wait for Dodge, Fair> Fair>Forward Smash/Dancing Blade(0%-Not sure?). I'm not 100% positive, but I'm sure the damage output gives you enough room to fit in the second Fair before Snake hit's the ground to shield(Or powershield), something I can't exactly test frame data-wise(Shaya???). They can obviously jump out of it instead of dodging, but Snake main's have a bad habit of overusing the dodge.

how is that a combo

it will most likely happen since snakes like to do that

but... they can still jump

takeurlife2

Smash Ace

sounds like a cool stream, but it is by no means a combo.

∫unk

Smash Master
f-throw x3 u-smash doesn't work on d3 gets powershielded.

if they aren't holding shield for whatever reason it'll work

you should list combos that work with "normal" reactions which is to hit the shield/airdodge button.... like f-throw n-air jab grab or something.

like maybe a seperate list underneath that talks about not guaranteed but pretty safe combos (as in screwing up wont get you punished they're just trying to escape)

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
sounds like a cool stream, but it is by no means a combo.
I know it's not a true combo, but it seems legit(On less experienced Snake's at least). Like how the Forward Throw>Nair>Forward Smash on MK works if they don't DI right. Maybe have a list for "Fake/Stream/Situational" combo's? LOL.

I'll have to give it a few test's on my buddy Superboom, who I consider one of the best Snake's out there hands down.

Thought I'd throw it out there at the very least, considering Snake is a pretty hard matchup.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I know it's not a true combo, but it seems legit(On less experienced Snake's at least). Like how the Forward Throw>Nair>Forward Smash on MK works if they don't DI right. Maybe have a list for "Fake/Stream/Situational" combo's? LOL.

I'll have to give it a few test's on my buddy Superboom, who I consider one of the best Snake's out there hands down.

Thought I'd throw it out there at the very least, considering Snake is a pretty hard matchup.
That's all fine and good but you might want to reread the title.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
f-throw x3 u-smash doesn't work on d3 gets powershielded.

if they aren't holding shield for whatever reason it'll work

you should list combos that work with "normal" reactions which is to hit the shield/airdodge button.... like f-throw n-air jab grab or something.

like maybe a seperate list underneath that talks about not guaranteed but pretty safe combos (as in screwing up wont get you punished they're just trying to escape)
sounds logical. when i get a day off work ill look into that.

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure at all if this is a viable combo since I have no friends that can di test this with me but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzrLeXgJiqU
This video shows these working
1st hit Nair -> Jab
1st hit Nair -> Up-b
1st hit Nair -> Dancing Blade
1st hit Nair -> D-Tilt
1st hit Nair -> U-Tilt(this one REALLY surprised me)
I thought of using these due to the first hit's poor knockback and how fast nair cancels inbetween hits. In fact most of these work at a high percentage. If someone wants to test this on other characters and with actual DI that would be great.
P.S. while enemies probably won't stand there waiting for the nair to come out, the timing for a single hit nair is perfect when you sh fair nair. which I show in the second part of the vid though it won't be a true combo.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
I'm not sure at all if this is a viable combo since I have no friends that can di test this with me but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzrLeXgJiqU
This video shows these working
1st hit Nair -> Jab
1st hit Nair -> Up-b
1st hit Nair -> Dancing Blade
1st hit Nair -> D-Tilt
1st hit Nair -> U-Tilt(this one REALLY surprised me)
I thought of using these due to the first hit's poor knockback and how fast nair cancels inbetween hits. In fact most of these work at a high percentage. If someone wants to test this on other characters and with actual DI that would be great.
P.S. while enemies probably won't stand there waiting for the nair to come out, the timing for a single hit nair is perfect when you sh fair nair. which I show in the second part of the vid though it won't be a true combo.
Ya first hit of nair pretty much combos into anything at any percent

is that a roflcopter?

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
There I changed my avatar >.>
and yes it is a roflcopter
I'm really just curious if Nair->dancing can be considered a true combo, since if executed correctly it can't be shielded.

ninjablah

Smash Cadet
thx alot now ill be able to put some damage on my brothers beast falco and other characters:)

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Kind of spinning off of the above suggested first hit nair combo's, at low percents fair to first hit nair to grab, jab, filt.....etc

Tophes

Smash Cadet
I've tried this and from what I see, there are some more characters in the cast where the f-throw -> f-smash at 0~3% has to be stutter-stepped. The following characters that I've tested this on shows it:

Kirby
Samus
Zero-Suit Samus
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda
Snake
Peach
Lucario
Ness
R.O.B.
Olimar
Jigglypuff

I'm just claiming that if you want the f-throw -> f-smash to connect on these characters, a stutter-step is required. I'm not sure that this is a legitimate combo yet.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
On Nana she countinues to DI Towrds Popo which I'm going to assume will be behind you so it's possible to list combos that wouldn't regularly work on humans right?

Smash Journeyman
How does metaknight get out of the Dthrow Fsmash combo? Ive never actually checked this topic till now.

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
on bowser
nair -> grab
not sure about percent, or if it only works on bowser... or how high the nair has to be

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I've been testing the grab release on MK, though I'm not sure it's official with lack of any type of program that let's me do things frame by frame, but I'm just wondering if anyone has looked into Grab Release>Walk>Downsmash tipper, I can pull it off on CPU's regularly, and I just had my brother help me test it with positive results(On both Dodge>buffer shield and just holding Shield), however jumping can avoid this(Though if you read this, you can get an easy follow up upsmash? /Fair/up-air).

Can anyone pull out some concrete data on this plz?

p.s: find it helps when you hold the Joystick about halfway while holding them, then when you actually let go push it the rest of the way to ensure the fastest walk possible. Also I can seem to pull it off with F-smash(Tipper), though much harder.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
KillL0ck: Dsmash doesn't hit nearly high enough for it to really work. The CPU is just not jumping out of it.

OhMySailboat: yes and don't know but I'd imagine they'd be too high.

OhMySailboat

Smash Rookie
Well, idk. Test it sometime. I can't because my wii wont read brawl -_-

I know Wolf can kinda do the same exact combo as well.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
KillL0ck: Dsmash doesn't hit nearly high enough for it to really work. The CPU is just not jumping out of it.

OhMySailboat: yes and don't know but I'd imagine they'd be too high.
I realize this, I mentioned it in my post. What I'm asking is if they don't jump is it considered legit?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Haven't tested this on other characters, but on bowser at least we have a guaranteed 30% combo:

Untippered Nair>Grab>Fthrow>Fsmash

Top Bottom