• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marths at APEX: Let's have a Ditto Tournament!

Nike.

Smash Hero
Been brought up too many times. This has to happen.

This thread can be used for:

• List of confirmed Marth Mains going to Apex. They can put their flight/hotel#/phone# info here if they like.
  • Planning a Marth Ditto Tournament (whether we want bracket or round robin, who's entering, etc). This would be perfect at the hotel on friday since friday is only melee at the venue.
  • Hosting sidebets, whether for Mikehaze vs Mr-R/Leon, Who will win the Ditto Tourney, who's placing hightest at Apex, etc. Everything about Marth.
  • Plan get togethers at the tourney. We DEF have to have a Royal Dinner for the superior race.

Confirmed Marth's
  • Mikehaze
  • Mr-R
  • Leon
  • Zex
  • Kadaj
  • Nike
  • Zano Shiran
  • Rei-Gun (maybe)
  • Player 3
  • Roy's Our Boy

This will be the first national that ALLLLLL of the best Marth Mains are attending. Have to take advantage and make the weekend super hype.​

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Just so you guys know, me and leon are WAY too good at the ditto!

Player-3

Smash Hero
we all know the ditto is won by who counterpicks smashville the most, and then who has the highest number of platform cancels

(me)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
we all know the ditto is won by who counterpicks smashville the most, and then who has the highest number of platform cancels

(me)
Let's do a platform cancel money match, first one that fails loses :awesome:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Lol it's cool. Obv Apex is the way to go if you can only afford one x)

I asked FL if Chaz is going, but they don't know yet.
And what happened to Neo? He's in an mia spell again.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Alright, so realistically, the Marth tourney should take place at the hotel.
Since Apex is focusing purely on Melee during friday, we could def do it then.
Rooms will probably have one tv. I'll ask Alex Strife if there movable (some hotels have their tv's permanently attached to the table).
If not, we could always just do this in 2 rooms (actually, that sounds pretty **** now lol).

I guess our options for running it would be:
  • 8 person round robin. Top8 Marth's basically. Obv this sucks for everyone else lol. On the bright side, every possible dream match would happen and it would run semi-quick.
  • Normal Double Elimination Bracket, either 16 person cap or no cap at all. If we're only using 1-2 tv's, this would def take forever.

I'm also trying to get in contact with Yami. He's the one who creates the videos for the SmashTournoi youtube channel, the main one from EU with over 1,500 subscribers. He uploads them in the best quality and would easily reach thousands of views for just about the entire tourney lol. We could give all the replays to him, making this look super legit. Still waiting on a reply from him, though.

Also, what should entry fee, payouts, ruleset be?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
There's gonna be 20 setups dedicated purely to freeplay for brawl all weekend long, so room probably won't be an issue.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I won't be able to make it to Apex for a very important reason (MEGA sadface), but I can't wait to find out how this goes.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'm also trying to get in contact with Yami. He's the one who creates the videos for the SmashTournoi youtube channel, the main one from EU with over 1,500 subscribers. He uploads them in the best quality and would easily reach thousands of views for just about the entire tourney lol. We could give all the replays to him, making this look super legit. Still waiting on a reply from him, though.
What the hell dude the man also has a life to live lol.

C.J.

Smash Master
What are you talking about Chair?
People on smashboards do nothing but play smash and possibly one other interest (you- Russian Literature. NEO- music. Me- Running.)
Nobody here actually has a life, psshhhhh.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I traded Brawl for an extra interest.

Can I hop in this via wifi? Already bought tickets elsewhere on Apex dates :(

Top Bottom