• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth teamed with another Marth

Status
Not open for further replies.

FingDIAHK

Smash Rookie
So far I have found it to be a very effective. I play 1 v 1's with my crew all the time and this has allowed me to understand my friend's play style. Us both being marth mains we understand where our combo's start and finish and I can easily follow up his combos up when I know they are about to end. Also Marth being quick, whenever we are in troble the other can fly in for a tipper that usually stops the ****. Since Marths up b isnt deadly unsweetspotted we usually just run off and up b each other helping our recovery.

What are some of our weaknesses besides counterpicks

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
One major weakness is that this team lacks projectiles. Then again, the same can apply to Marth/Falcon, yet that team is extremely effective. Nevertheless, in my opinion, its a good idea to have at least one person in a team who has a projectile of some sort. Projectiles are cool because it makes that you don't always have to approach the opposing team. Whereas when you play double Marth, you can get projectile camped to no end. =P

But if you feel it works, go for it.

Do you have any vids of you Marth?

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Marth simply isn't as good at rushing in and tanking ****. In fact, double marth is kind of suicide because Marths like to hang back and space their ****, look for low percent kills and **** people with range. It's just the most effective way to use him, which is why he likes to team with Fox or Peach or someone who can rush in and wreck them/take damage. I'd say your biggest weakness is that Marth can't rush into the fight so well, and in a team with Marth, someone needs to do that. I mean, Marth's not bad at anything, just that your opponents' characters are probably so much better at it that you'll get kind of *****. IMO Fox is the best teammate for Marth because of shine/aerials/priority/**** in general. You sort of see what I'm getting at?

There's a thread on it somewhere lol...it probably explains it much better than I do.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
IMO Fox is the best teammate for Marth because of shine/aerials/priority/**** in general. You sort of see what I'm getting at?

There's a thread on it somewhere lol...it probably explains it much better than I do.
No i think Falco is actually better than fox in both Brawl and Melee for a co op with Marth
and if you want to go with the projectiles than go with Samus but i really think the best and really the best match up with Marth is one of the Links (Preferably TL in Brawl and reg for Melee).

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
No i think Falco is actually better than fox in both Brawl and Melee for a co op with Marth
and if you want to go with the projectiles than go with Samus but i really think the best and really the best match up with Marth is one of the Links (Preferably TL in Brawl and reg for Melee).
This the melee boards. So brawl information is totally irrelevant over here.

Oh and Fox IS the better teammate for Marth. I'm pretty sure Fox can still execute his waveshine combos a bit easier in a team battle then Falco can. Not to mention Fox's recovery, as a whole, is better then Falco's, which means he is more independent off the stage then Falco.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
LMAO

gotta love the brawl community

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Yeah Fox is the best teammate for marth in my opinion.

Just watch Azen and Chillin and watch their team combo video.

I took second in teams with my friend Replicate who plays fox with my marth here in Norcal like in Janurary or december.

Only people that beat us were SS and Tang T_T.

If you wanna watch the videos I could make a thread for it :D.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yeah Fox is the best teammate for marth in my opinion.

Just watch Azen and Chillin and watch their team combo video.

I took second in teams with my friend Replicate who plays fox with my marth here in Norcal like in Janurary or december.

Only people that beat us were SS and Tang T_T.

If you wanna watch the videos I could make a thread for it :D.
You should totally do it do it dude. ^^

Oh and out of curiosity, have you recorded lately?

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Uhhhh not recently but I could record tommorow morning have have some up in the evening for you guys to watch.

Plus I like getting pointers if i need em.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Cool, hows the smash scene at bermuda?
Well, there is only 3 "solid" players down here, myself included. There are a few random crews but they aren't much of a threat. I was able to defeat a crew of three by myself. Twas a let down.

But as for we three, we are a pretty talented smashers, considering where we are from. I have vids but the quality is bad and they are about a few months old. I'll be sure to link you to our new vids when I record in HD a few weeks from now. Most likely early April.

I'm actually going to Halifax for University in January, so I'm sure I'll meet some new friends/smashers.

Oh and you're from Cali yeah? That's pretty **** far. lol :laugh:

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
So far I have found it to be a very effective. I play 1 v 1's with my crew all the time and this has allowed me to understand my friend's play style. Us both being marth mains we understand where our combo's start and finish and I can easily follow up his combos up when I know they are about to end. Also Marth being quick, whenever we are in troble the other can fly in for a tipper that usually stops the ****. Since Marths up b isnt deadly unsweetspotted we usually just run off and up b each other helping our recovery.

What are some of our weaknesses besides counterpicks
sounds noob as ****.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
lol, I just made a thread about marth teams
me and my team mate really think alike, so we play similarly
we're like the IC's when team attack's off
refering to dogalina's post, I find yoshi's better split by top and bottom. I'm more of a peach player than a marth player, so one of our best combo's is uthrow to downsmash.
Though spliting it top and bottom doesn't sound like a good idea, it's suprisingly effective.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
MexicanBJ and I are the best Marth ditto team

too bad i dont think either of us main marth anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom