• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Strategies

CaptnCrunch

Smash Rookie
it was a good guide and all but you should've put more of marth's weaknesses so that we could start training on how we could make that one of his strong points

Gnace

Smash Rookie
Nice guide. Thanks for posting. I have one question. What is the best way to avoid getting hit by Sheik's needles?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Nice guide. Thanks for posting. I have one question. What is the best way to avoid getting hit by Sheik's needles?
Anticipation and shield. Or short hop air dodge depending on how many needles. Your safest bet is shielding. Keep the pressure on Sheik, don't camp a lot with fairs or anything, taking your time will get you *****. You can't anticipate every needle and it can do up to about 18% per throw.

Gnace

Smash Rookie
Thanks. I'm having problems with those campy Sheiks. Especialy when I use Ike. His jumps aren't really usefull.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Thank you for the advice good sir yet I still find it quite difficult to execute a fair deal of the string of knowledge you provided. Is there any chance you or anyone could kindly post a few videos to show how some of these moves are performed please?

I know it might be too labour-intensive so if you don't want to do so I highly understand

schurging

Smash Rookie
yet to see it, but what about a strategy against ike? he is obviously not an air fighter and seems to be somewhat of a land-based tank....would speed, technique, or pure dodging be best against an Ike user? any other ideas?

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
yet to see it, but what about a strategy against ike? he is obviously not an air fighter and seems to be somewhat of a land-based tank....would speed, technique, or pure dodging be best against an Ike user? any other ideas?
Please check the Ike Match-Up discussion or post questions in the Question and Answer thread.

Fitty

Smash Cadet
good point and tip emblem lord you give one of the best tips and strategies.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Umm post count raisers ftw? We all know its good. And its funny you both almost said the exact same thing...

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for the advice good sir yet I still find it quite difficult to execute a fair deal of the string of knowledge you provided. Is there any chance you or anyone could kindly post a few videos to show how some of these moves are performed please?

I know it might be too labour-intensive so if you don't want to do so I highly understand
Just search any Marth combo video (especially NEo's =) )
Any marth game uses ridiculous f-air strings so those will be easy to find. If you still have more questions after searchin youtube, add me to friends or just post specific questions here, I'll try to get back to them and def. all these pro marths around can.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Editted the OP. Got rid of outdated info and some spelling errors.

This is a must read for newbie Marths everywhere.

Top Bottom