• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Wait, do you mean the DS game is gonna be a remake of the original? That'd be nice, seeing as I am Japanese illiterate and I like to play every character's game of origin. I think Fire Emblem is the only "Smash Bros series" I haven't tried yet.

Oh I just looked up on wikipedia, and... oh **** that's nice, a remake of the original! I'll *have* to play this. :D

Irow

Smash Ace
Dude, it should be on the first post. Marth's DS debut is like a godsend to a western world that has yet to experience the first and greatest Lord of Fire Emblem.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
I am probably going to buy Fire Emblem DS, and it is primarily because of Smash Bros. Melee.
Smash Bros. is actually responsible for a lot of my recent game buys.
Nintendo has a good system going; keep it up.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I'd also like to point out the "Preferances" of certain characters in a greater defense of Marth. People say Ike looks manly and is barbaric and such, whilst that might be true, Ike is actually gay! as in, he is literally a homosexual! While I don't mean any offence to homosexuals, nor do I mean to discriminate (So I apologize if I offend you)
**Warning spoilers Do not read if you're interested in FE 10 relationships**

But during the course of FE 10 (through to the end of the game) Ike and Sorren's support conversations become very personal to the point where things like "I'll never EVER leave your side" Is stated. From there, it escalates at the end of the game, when Sorren's ending is shown. Something like this is said: "The mysterious tactitian gathered what little belongings he had and followed the one he cared about most deep into the desert" (Warning, quote may not be exact)
Then when Ike's ending is reached it is stated that he wanders off into the desert with that who is most loyal to him.

It's a huge mixup, but you can't jugde a person by their looks. Ike cannot escape what was done to him in his last game, Marth however marries a Princess (and he **** well should, he's a prince) not only is she a princess, but she's cute if FE 1 and 3 (plus anime and Manga) and then has huge boobs in FE 11. You can't tell me he's gay after he marries a woman with boobs like that! Marth like's women!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Yes! I am actually buying a DS just for this game!
Its one of the reasons Im buying a DS, not the only one, probably one of the better ones (Right up there with LoZ:pH, Pokemon Diamond, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days...)

As soon as I can friggin find a DS.

@ Okysho.. meh.. I've heard all this before, I didnt hear about the ending, and its not -TOO- much of a spoiler, but its arguable.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to point out the "Preferances" of certain characters in a greater defense of Marth. People say Ike looks manly and is barbaric and such, whilst that might be true, Ike is actually gay! as in, he is literally a homosexual! While I don't mean any offence to homosexuals, nor do I mean to discriminate (So I apologize if I offend you)
**Warning spoilers Do not read if you're interested in FE 10 relationships**

But during the course of FE 10 (through to the end of the game) Ike and Sorren's support conversations become very personal to the point where things like "I'll never EVER leave your side" Is stated. From there, it escalates at the end of the game, when Sorren's ending is shown. Something like this is said: "The mysterious tactitian gathered what little belongings he had and followed the one he cared about most deep into the desert" (Warning, quote may not be exact)
Then when Ike's ending is reached it is stated that he wanders off into the desert with that who is most loyal to him.

It's a huge mixup, but you can't jugde a person by their looks. Ike cannot escape what was done to him in his last game, Marth however marries a Princess (and he **** well should, he's a prince) not only is she a princess, but she's cute if FE 1 and 3 (plus anime and Manga) and then has huge boobs in FE 11. You can't tell me he's gay after he marries a woman with boobs like that! Marth like's women!
Total speculation on Ike's sexuality. I think he's just apathetic about having a relationship with someone. He's a guy who lives on the battlefield. Soren and Ike just became very close throughout the course of the story. More like a brotherly thing.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Total speculation on Ike's sexuality. I think he's just apathetic about having a relationship with someone. He's a guy who lives on the battlefield. Soren and Ike just became very close throughout the course of the story. More like a brotherly thing.
Thats sorta what I meant by "Its argueable"

Okysho

Smash Ace
Muhahahahha!!! It's decided Marth is indeed straight! all other arguments PHAIL!

So anyways, today I wan in a pretty big discussion about how Marth's final smash PWNS! Also, I've been wondering if it can be used in the same situation as Link's Final smash. I.E. second recovery.

I'm sure you've all probably heard this at one point in time. During E for all (or something like that) Link vs Kirby. Link gets the smash ball, but is knocked FAR off the edge. Before dying he's lined up with Kirby (horizontally) then unleashes his final smash, flies back onto the stage and pwns Kirby.

Do you think the same type of thing would apply to Marth in this game? From what I can gather (Seeing as how Critical hit can be used in the air) He would be able to do this also. Thoughts?

Irow

Smash Ace
Oh, that's a Q&A question right there...

Yes, I presume you would be able to use Critical Hit as a recovery. The only problem is that, if you miss you'll go flying off the other side.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I actually have seen it miss. Marth doesn't fly off the other end of the stage and dies, it's not that kind of gamble. He just kinda slashes where his enemy would be, if he misses, then... nothing Final smash end!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
the fs is just one hit ko like links why not be able to use like links?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
the fs is just one hit ko like links why not be able to use like links?
Because, Marth's is easier to dodge. It -could- work like links, but it'd be harder. easy if you have a good Co-op team.

Teamate 1: Grab enemy on bottom floor of stage

Teamate 2: Marth FinSmash, hits Grabed enemy, easy kill, easy recovery.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Okysho to make a real Defenders of Akanea Sig.

I call the rank "Master Beam Swordsman Jedi Knight Defender Guardian of Justice and my sisters Tiara" BTW. Hahaha.

Sorry for Double Post.

Okysho

Smash Ace
lol I'll decide what the ranks are... I think that's a little long...

I might not be able to get it done this weekends since I have to work for most of the time. That's why I haven't been able to update the first post yet with Thursday's news.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Do you still hear people saying that Marth is a girl/gay?
'Fraid so. :ohwell:

At least WE know the truth, AMIRITE?! :chuckle:

So are you guys gonna buy the new FE game for the DS when it comes out?
Yeah!

I wish they'd release some new info on it, though.

Oh, and did you guys watch the video (a high-quality version of the scene where Marth and Meta Knight first cross paths) on the Dojo yesterday? I got some great pics out of that one (and one of them's my latest desktop!). :)

Irow

Smash Ace
Just keep on spreading the word that Marth is not gay.

I'll help with the sigs if you guys need. Just give me the stock pictures and fonts.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Just keep on spreading the word that Marth is not gay.

I'll help with the sigs if you guys need. Just give me the stock pictures and fonts.
C'mon! It's not about Marth being gay, it's about him being effeminate as hell.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
It's always about Marth being gay.

And apparently, that effeminate look scored him a **** good-looking princess.
Yeah, well I can understand that people, most of the time, will say that he's "gay" instead of "effeminate", even if the two terms aren't synonyms.

But hey, the Melee tiara made him look more like a girl, and now that he's got a new, better tiara in Brawl, they make him look even more feminine to balance things out? >_>

Okysho

Smash Ace
Thanks for pointing that out Ninjabread! I'll get on is as soon as I can!

And just for the record, standing like that totally does NOT mean gay! I stand like that on the occasion and have never been accused of that. Also when I stand like that I don't have a kick *** sword in my hand either! Everyone's entitled to their own mannerisms respect!

Top Bottom