• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
FE11 is a DS title with no confirmed release date... I doubt any voiceactors have been picked for it. This doesn't mean Brawl will have only a Japanese voice for him...
If he does I wonder how he would sound. It will be weird hearing him speak English.
Also does it look like to anyone that marth has a shorter range and that his attacks are a little faster.

Rakath I like your sig

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
OMG The guy playing as Marth in that video Sucked!
Indeed xD~
But you can see clearly the Fair doing a slap like Sheik's in Melee at the end.

Also I've watched a Sweetspotted Forward Smash, its seems to be so good like Melee's one.
Also Marth still can do a Sweetspotted Reversed Dolphin Slash, so nice.
Some Japanese players already are putting Marth at S-Rank (Top Tier).

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i think i saw one of marths NEW taunts, sry im on my wii but youtube search

SSBB gameplay 28 were the guy shows marths kick-*** best FS in the game...anyways he does it at the end of vid he sheaths the falchion then draws it and raises it and the tip shines it sounds cool i mean just hearing the falchion being sheathed

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
So far, I can pretty much do most of the things I could with Marth in Melee. His range was nerfed just a bit though.

And yes, that includes two Fairs in a short hop. And that includes the Ken combo. It's harder to land the spike though. Probably to do with his lesser range.

And oh yea, they made his Up smash A LOT better, but I(and everyone else) probably still won't use it.

OH and also, his side B combo chains VERY FAST as well.

Corax

Smash Cadet
Eh, I personally dislike the way his aerials look. They just seem very......odd o.o? I dunno.
I'm wondering whether the trajectory your opponent is sent is teh same in brawl as it was in melee for hte ken combo to be in this time around.

Okysho

Smash Ace
So far, I can pretty much do most of the things I could with Marth in Melee. His range was nerfed just a bit though.

And yes, that includes two Fairs in a short hop. And that includes the Ken combo. It's harder to land the spike though. Probably to do with his lesser range.

And oh yea, they made his Up smash A LOT better, but I(and everyone else) probably still won't use it.

OH and also, his side B combo chains VERY FAST as well.
That's good, cuz sometimes it's hard to link the sword dance combos in Melee. Can you still do different actions on the end of each combo? I.E. in melee if you press up on the last strike he does an upward for the last strike and if you press down he does a 4 hit combo.

Still in?

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
It looks like it, in the same vid as the alleged fair slap, you can see him do a combo and launch kirby almost vertically with the fourth hit of the combo. I'm pretty sure that's not a generic thing ^_^ Combo does look a lot better. I'm really looking forward to this Marth... I was always too nice with the edge-guarding anyway, so the physics engine changhe doesn't bother me too much.

Think that horizontal KO was a fair tipper? That would kind of ruin Marth's low % combos... but it would be worth it if it gave Marth another K.O move, I guess? fair->fair->fair combo into a horizontal KO would be too good...

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
Though he would possibly (maybe it only has significant horizontal knockback at higher %?) lose some combo potential with the new Fair, he still has his Nair that can act as a substitute in some cases. I'd gladly give up old-school Fair for a Marth slap, his control over fights in the air would rock with a spike and a horizontal KO.

All in all, I'm really excited to relearn Marth. Seems solid.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I never used edge-guarding all that much, was a bit of a risky thing to me especially against Fox. If I knew my opponent was returning, I'd get in his way and hit Down + B or let him get back on and immediately begin attacking.

Only thing I'm worried about Marth is his speed, I loved how quick he was, I could just dance around my opponents dodging and dashing... He looks slightly slower now ;(

Okysho

Smash Ace
Either way, Marth is still a quick character, I think the only ones who could probably best his speed are Sonic and Meta, maybe ZZS, as far as I can tell, sheik still only matches it. I'm not too worried about his speed, cuz if things get dire, I can still counter and roll dodge.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Nice thread Okysho. Very well done indeed. Anyways, personally, I really like his new look and was pretty surprised. =D Marth+Ike+Metaknight= EPIC :D

Zevox

Smash Lord
Nice thread Okysho. Very well done indeed. Anyways, personally, I really like his new look and was pretty surprised. =D Marth+Ike+Metaknight= EPIC :D
Definitely agree there. I can't wait to play Subspace Emissary - its going to be simply incredible.

Zevox

Irow

Smash Ace
Wow, that Fair *****. And two in one short hop is too good. Even with out L-Cancel, Marth won't have a lot of lag.

I'll be maining Marth in Brawl.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
cape graphix are now much better compared to melee lol but his ded in melee looked cooler since he changed colours

it would also be cool if the defenders of Akanea could have their sigz like the roy forum did but we dont have to

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^I would read that. Despite a few mistaked predictions, your thread was actually very insightful. You backed up each of your decisions with well thought out arguements, and it's only fitting that you're recognized. After all, your predictions where actually pretty accurate (even your original prediction of R.O.B)

Okysho

Smash Ace
cape graphix are now much better compared to melee lol but his ded in melee looked cooler since he changed colours

it would also be cool if the defenders of Akanea could have their sigz like the roy forum did but we dont have to
What do you mean? Like special, certified, "Defenders of Akanea" signatures? How would I go about distributing them to the 91 supporters?

Hm.... better idea! If I devise a ranking system for this thing, then I'll make special sigs for each rank! muhahahahhaahaa

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
plz go to marth video guide and look at my post a good marth players is playing

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
best marth seen so far is the one in the first post

Okysho

Smash Ace
From what I can gather, Marth still has his goodness from the last game, a few extra hitches due to the new physics and lack of slash in his neutral B, but I hear tippers are still in with a slightly dumbed down knockback and he's still got his speed. I wouldn't worry.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i was watching this vid:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5142fHYDdBc
and i noticed that around 4:11 marth's shieldbreaker moves him forward. is this just a result of the properties of the wind stage or could we possibly use this to recover similarly with the forward B in melee?

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
i was watching this vid:
and i noticed that around 4:11 marth's shieldbreaker moves him forward. is this just a result of the properties of the wind stage or could we possibly use this to recover similarly with the forward B in melee?
Do you listen to kalmah?
And I think that >B will still be better for recovering.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Do you listen to kalmah?
And I think that >B will still be better for recovering.
1. no, but ive heard the song Black Waltz by them, my name came from Black Waltz from FFIX.
2. from the vids ive seen, >B doesnt give you horizontal distance anymore. but i surely do hope i am wrong.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Stealing the picture at the begining of the post. lol.

Is it just me or does Marths Neutral B move him forward in the Air? (Check Marth Video thread, 1st match in 1v1 section.)

MonsterCC

Smash Cadet
Look at 4:10 in this video:

Normally he wouldn't go that far (i think its like the wind from the stage or something) Watch at a little past 5:20, when they are on Corneria, and you can see it doesn't really have to much of an effect. But it has some, so it could still be useful. :D

Okysho

Smash Ace
I think that is the wind since on the ground it doesn't however it also looks like the sword dance doesn't move you forward either, but on the Marth vs. Pikachu video, you can see that his forward air finishes quickly enough to allow a speedy recovery. That's gonna take some play experience to figure out I say...

Okysho

Smash Ace
Look at 4:10 in this video:

Normally he wouldn't go that far (i think its like the wind from the stage or something) Watch at a little past 5:20, when they are on Corneria, and you can see it doesn't really have to much of an effect. But it has some, so it could still be useful. :D
Just saw it, yes it does move him forward. Usefulness for new shield breaker ^+1

Top Bottom