• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Okysho

Smash Ace
Marth Discussion Thread

Well actually it's kind of a combination between a discussion thread and a Fan thread. I'm gonna be posting all sorts of facts and stuff about our favourite Fire Emblem Lord. If I feel like it, Artwork or siggys will be posted at the bottom of the page.

General info about both his Smash bros and his Fire Emblem character will be available and if I think your post brings up a very good point, I'll even place it here in the first post.

Smash improvements

New design
First off we can see that Marth has a sleek new design, personally I think it's a good cross between the new Fire Emblem DS look and our well-known SSBM look. I can't say that he looks too much more masculine, but you can definately tell it's a guy now (for those of you who didin't know before) and he definitely looks much more sleek. His armour also has a nice shinier look to it. The embroidery on it is much more apparent and appealing.

If you managed to get a good look at the Flachion in the SSE intro movie, you'll see that it also has a new, slick design. The blade has been thickened a little, but a great amount of detail has been added into the hilt, and cross section of the sword. The blade has a nice new indent of sorts, running through the center giving it a more majestic look that I think suits our hero just fine. Also if you manage to take a nice look at the central jewels you'll notice that they shine with pure awesomeness! Not much else to say about this spicy goodness!

Having a bit of discussion in this thread, it's finally been established that Marth's recovery for this game could actually be better than his Melee counterpart. His neutral B, Shield Breaker actually gives Marth a forward Momentum making it easier to move forward back to the stage, in league with the extra height from a new and improved up B, Dolphin slash, Marth has probably one of the best non-gliding, non-tether recoveries. But then again, I've yet to analyze other characters... >_> <_<

Moveset changes and improvements/buffs/nerfs

Overview

So far, it looks like Marth's speed has remained quite decent for the duration of his transfer between Smash brow Melee to smash bros brawl. It looks like he's a little slower, but not by much at all. Good to see, good to know. Veteran Marth mains will have no trouble adjusting to the speed. Now all we have to get used to is the new game physics... T_T

His attack speed seems to have increased immensely seeing as his dash attack has a huge lunge and an eye-uncatchable slash.
Also if you manage to get a goo look at his neutral A, it seems to have picked up a lot of speed as well, it's a cross between Marth's neutral A Melee, and Marth's Neutral in Melee with the bunny hood (If you've ever tried it the speed boost is incredible) It's sped up, but not to the point where you can completely trap enemies in your god-speed blade. Unless your against a wall! ^_^

A couple major nerfs that I'm sorry to admit are first Marth's range. All of Marth's range has sadly gone to Ike, making the mightily falchion look almost like a long dagger, luckilly he still makes up for it with the speed, howeer the lack of range means you'll have to get really upclose and personal with your opponents in order to score a tipper. You can still pummel, pummel, pummel all your friends/lvl 9 computers if they're pretty much any character, but watch yourself against one of those slow powerhouse characters.

As you well know, a Lot of Marth's real strength comes from timing timing to score combos and tippers, when pitched against someone like Ike, your timing is thrown off terribly (in addition to lvl 9s amazing new A.I. and ability to predict EXACTLY where you're going to be) because your opponents attacks are slow, usually it causes your dodge/counter or whatever it is you're using as a defense, to fail. Though you may block or counter at the right moment against any normal player, fact is that your dodge will finish before their attack has even started, thus causing you the extra damage and knockback they need to K.O. you. So watch yourself

With Marth being one of the speedy characters in brawl, we have to acknowledge the nerfs that come with it. Though some would say Marth is now a balanced character, there are still some characters who are just too powerful (top teir T_T) and whom I've deemed cheap and out of general league status. (pitch yourself against a lvl 9 Ike and tell me if you agree or not.) Having said that, with the increase of Marth's speed, comes the decrease in damage. With a non-tipper, a full dancing blade combo does... what? 6% (give or take 1 or 2 hits) something's not right with that. But yes it's happened all too often to me so it's near impossible for me to forget that number, but fear not there is hope. A tipper f-smash with no carge can do potentially up to 20% still.

Conclusion of Marth's power techniques, tipper: buff + Non-tipper: nerf = balance

As for Marth's position, he still keeps an upright stature with that weird crouch thing he does when he dashes, not that I mind it, it's just puzzling to see. "How can he run like that without getting back problems?" But does it matter? He'll still pwn you with his dash attack!

Tippers remain! Yes that's right the pwing tipper of awesome returns and there's nothing you can do about except put Marth as a low level computer and hope that you can beat lvl 1 computer players. Just keep your distance from Marth if you're in a fight against him, because before you have a chance to get too close he'll pwn you with his tipper!

moveset

Having not used this character myself just yet, I can't say much more than what I've seen on the videos so far. As it would seem, Marth's moveset seems basically unchanged with the slight adjustment to that of his neutral B move shield breaker, which is now a powerful thrust instead of a slash. Opposing players may be happy with this since I know that a lot of anit-Marth players hate it when his old shield breaker was used to edge guard.. I'll admit it's cheap... As for the newly adjusted Shield breaker for brawl, I think with the lack of vertical motion in this attack, players may find it hard to adapt this move into every new situation they come across, except maybe for popping those stupid bubble shields! (hence the attack's name?)

Marth's side B this sword dance seems to have retained it's flashy colours, and has without a doubt picked up speed. As shown in the Marth update on the dojo, you can still do the various combos based on how you move the control stick whilst playing. This is good to use if you're basing your attacks on your opponent's position or if you want to try and get the full combo to hit. I suggest down for the third attack when attempting this. I've also heard from a few people who've experienced it first hand, that it's much easier to link the combos and get your preferred ending result. Best for a quick pwnage is the forward, however if you're looking for more damage, I suggest down and when you're playing for fun, try and when your opponent's damage is high, and watch them fly!

The Dophin slash, Marth's up B seems to gain much more height then before (or maybe I'm just seeing things) for power and knockback, I still can't say since during the video it wasn't used much in battle...

However in terms of recovery, the combo of side b then up b is no longer present in this game, instead neutral b, the new shield breaker is used! From videos and what I've heard around the net without playing, it's actually better than the side b to up b.

Final smash!!

I'd like to say you heard it here, but chances are you probably didn't since this stuff travels fast. Anyways, Marth's final smash is a totally kick *** stab, then slash, which he pretty much owns his opponent instantly and they go flying off the screen. In the video, Marth K.Os bowser on the spot with 0% giving him 60 instantly and killing him. Also, for the enjoyment of Fire Emblem 3 players, a small 60 unit (Max for your average Fire Emblem character) appears and instantly drops to 0. The attack can be used in the air as well as on the ground and can K.O. multiple enemies. There is only one downside to the ultimate final smash, if you use it in the air and miss, it is instant DEATH! This does not occur when used on the ground, you'll stop at an edge.

After describing this little event, it has just occured to me that Marth's final smash is actually his critical attack from Fire Emblem 3, a speedy dash, followed by a thrust (if done with either the rapier, miracle sword or the falchion) Quite impressive I must say. I look forward to pwning with it!

History

Marth's history is pretty harsh the deeper into it you look, briefely (I'll lengthen it later when I have more time) he was looked down upon by his father many times because of his kind, heart of gold (awww!!) during his childhood years because he refused to kill a doe when hunting for the first time. His father scolded him often about his bloodline, and the last descendants of Anri, the great hero who first defeated the dragons to liberate the continent.

Because of his rougher childhood (for a prince at least) his sister, Ellis often comforted him during his younger days and Marth grew quite fond of her.

At the age of 13, Aritia (or Altea, take is as you will) was invaded by the dark priest Garnef of Dohrua and his army. Chasing Marth, his sister Elils and his retainer Jeigan through the castle to a dead end. As Marth and Jeigan drew their swords, Ellis came from behind Marth, removed the tiara from her head and placed it on Marth's (that's where he got it from, I'm not lying) Before Marth and Jeigan had a chance to defend themselves from the oncoming seige, Ellis used a Warp staff to send them away from the castle. Ellis was captured while Marth and Jeigan escaped.

Marth is not Gay!
Alright, I'm really sick of hearing this and so I now have to post the proof that Marth actually admits his love for Sheeda at the end of book 1. I wish now that I had taken some screenshots of the cutscene, but being the weirdo that I am. I didn't and I deleted the file. I'd have to beat FE3 book 1 all over again to prove it (but if that's what it takes...) Anyways, this will have to do.
Okysho said:
I beat Fire Emblem 3 book 1 yesterday and found the proof that Marth is NOT Gay! Once the throne is siezed and the chapter is completed, Sheeda is actually the first character to speak. She mentions that she needs to go back to Talis and Marth agrees that she needs to report back to the King (her father) Sheeda also says that she hopes to later join Marth in Altea. Marth starts to say something, then hesitates (awwww Marth is shy!) Then Princess Nina (whom isn't playable, but travels with you) speaks saying "Aw! Marth go on! Tell Sheeda how you feel!" Marth then proceeds to tell Sheeda that he wants her to join him in Altea as well.

Now whilst that alone doesn't prove a true love sequence between Marth and Sheeda, unless you believe, the next sequence confirms.

As the character epilogues fly by (happens at the end of every FE game, telling what happens to each character) Sheeda's is something like this "Sheeda returned to Talis to report good news of the end of the war, swiftly following, she returned to Marth's loving company in Altea"

Ultimate proof! Marth loves Sheeda (It's used in the same sentence just worded slightly different) Marth fans win! Non-believers, FAILURE!!

Discussion possibilities?​
Now that the greatest lord in all of Fire Emblem has finally returned to Smash bros. What are your thoughts? Opinions? What do you think Sakurai will do to him? What do you think his final smash is?

Discuss away!

Defenders of Akanea

We have our own website how!!! Please check it out!! Click here: Defenders of Akanea Website!!!

Alright if you must, you can rip on me, but be warned I'm defended by the Fire Emblem (Marth's shield) which doubles as a flame shield. Yes I did take this idea from Roy support thread and I did copy the Knights of Elibe, but hey if it's that good that I used their idea, they should feel special for making up something so awesome right? right? Ok if you want a humiliating apology from me the PM me...

The Defenders of Akanea is pretty much a list of supporters who support Marth and/or anything to do with Fire Emblem 1/3/11. If I feel up to it, I may end up devising a ranking system for this based on your participation and quality/pwning content of posts that support Marth (but I'm not going to go searching) that's if I feel like it... If I do, I'll post the ranks and the requirements for each later.

If you want to join, simply reply to this thread saying you're a supporter of Marth/will main Marth/support Fire Emblem 1/3/11 and I'll list you.

Also, as suggested by Doodx, Everyone within the Marth support thread will automatically be considered one of the Defenders of Akanea and their usernames will be listed here.

Defenders of Akanea sig:

Current Defenders:

Okysho, Zevox, Hydde, Doodx, T-major, Bassoonist, Sonic Wave, Starry Might, smashbro29, Superninjabreadman, pwned by brett and andrew :(. SilentDrifterZ, Worldkaos, C-Dizzle,

The Defenders of Akanea have their own website: Click here to go to: The Defenders of Akanea Website!!!

Special thanks:​

Zevox: I'd like to give a special shout out to a few people now that this is all together, first off to Zevox for his creation a monitoring of the Marth support thread and comming to his (and mine) defense when times seemed dire. Zevox, I think every Marth supporter owes you something! Thank you!

Bassonist: Though I don't think we ever conversed a lot but your getting the headshot of Marth was probably one of the things that started this thread so thanks!

Adumbrodeus: for all our intelligent conversations and all the times you proved me wrong. I hope that you will continue to bring good points to this field!

T-Major: This thread was inspired by your "DeDeDe discussion thread" Yes I copied you, get over it! IS COOL T-MAJ!

Doodx: For giveng me the idea to start the Defenders of Akanea right here in this very thread. Thanks Doodx! We look forward to your continued support!

All of the supporters listed on the Marth support thread! I thank you all as well!

Addons, Media and Signatures

Videos!

Subspace Emissary videos of Marth, all here! If I find any other gameplay videos I'll put them here too. Also, Since Marth is paired with Meta Knight, you'll probably see a bit of footage in there also!

Marth SSE intro

Marth vs. MetaKnight SSE

Breakthrough, Marth and Meta Knight gameplay

Marth and Meta Knight trio with Ike

Breakthrough, all Marth gameplay!!

Marth's final smash, used in training mode

Marth vs. Pikachu: Marth kicks *** in this vid!!

Marth vs. Shiek Marth takes on his greatest opponent from SSBM

Since I don't want to take up the whole first page just for this one post, I'm only putting up the videos which I think are some of the best of Marth's gameplay. The rest you can find in the link below in the:
Marth video thread
by superninjabreadman

Timer skins

text file corresponding with the above image:
Arial
0 0 0
97 75
148 75
191 75
235 75

Signatures​
created by: Okysho
submitted by: Zevox
submitted by: Shadow Calibur
submitted by: SilentDrifterZ
submitted by: SilentDrifterZ

I submitted the above image on Jan 29th to the Marth support thread after his conformation!! ^_^

-Okysho out!​

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
dude, this is pretty sweet, but he still looks too flamboyant/girlish for me. does anyone think hes slower judging by how ike was running at the same pace as he was?

IllidR

Smash Champion
This is truly great. Marth was my main in Melee and I'm really excited to see him make his return in Brawl! I love his new look, and from what i've seen he looks A LOT faster, but with that comes less reach and strength, possibly removal of the tipper property? However, I most likely won't be maining him this game, with Olimar's inclusion he will be taking place as my main, maybe a secondary though?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
He didn't seem too much different based of the SSE video. His shield breaker seems to be slightly faster and has much less vertical range (due to the new stabbing animation), but more horizontal. His foward smash looks slightly slower and his side B faster. His up B seems to have the same start up lag, but a longer animation after the actual attack (with just as much landing lag as before). It also hits further. His uair has much less lag, as he was able to land almost immediately after preforming it and run right afterwards. For the most part, it doesn't seem like Marth was nerfed. His opening dash animation is slower (making his DD less effective) and his walk is slower, but his actual attacks didn't seem to slow down. A few of them may have actually been buffed. His utilt at 3:20 actually has more range than its melee counterpart

I'll have to wait for more videos to determine how strong he is (since SSE doesn't exactly show how much damage you do), but so far I haven't seen any significant speed or range changes towards nerfing him. It'll be interesting how this turns out.

TheMexicanMuffinMan

Smash Rookie
I'm really worried about the shield breaker, if it's changed dramatically then many of my techniques will have to change.

Okysho

Smash Ace
My thoughts exactly, I can't see there being much nerfing done here to Marth, if anything, like you said, there are some buffs, rather than nerfs. Interesting eh? discuss away! That's what this thread is here for!

GenG

Smash Lord
You shouldn't take the SSE speed as the standart. Sakurai said that the speed of the characters was tuned up for the SSE.

Shield Break is now a beautiful piercing stroke.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Which makes sense, as Marth is a Rapier Lord. He, and most FE Lords with swords have beautiful Stabbing animations (except for Ike and Lyn off the top of my head, Ike is more like a a Mercenary, and Lyn more a Myrmidon). Giving Marth only two Stabbing attacks seemed so... wrong to me, for Melee.

Okysho

Smash Ace
You shouldn't take the SSE speed as the standart. Sakurai said that the speed of the characters was tuned up for the SSE.

Shield Break is now a beautiful piercing stroke.
I suppose that's true considering that stickers can also be added to adjust and enhance a character's power, but I'm just going by what I see in the videos and from the looks of things we've been pretty lucky so far with the changes for this character.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I guess it's a good idea to bring this up now, since he's finally been officially announced. What is Marth's final smash? There hasn't been any gameplay videos about it in the last two days considering that we got just about EVERYTHING about Marth aside from user opinions about how he handles in battle, from these last few videos. Final smash? Final smash?

Rakath

Smash Ace
The thread in here on his Final Smash says its a single, beautiful Critical Animation. An HP box (FE style HP bars) appears and goes down when the strike hits. Much like Pokemon Trainer's Super Effective.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Marth has more Fire Emblem games to his name than any other Lord. He's a staple to the series pretty much.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
hey okysho why dont u put the supporters list that where from the marth support thread?? anyway the thread is awesome

Marth Metaknight Ike
Trio of Badass
lol

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Just for a bit of discussion...

Just some information from Sonic Wave from the "Marth getting Nerfed" thread...

"I already explained this to a few of my friends. The change in game mechanics already sort of nerfs Marth. The auto sweetspot feature means that Marth won't be as much of an on stage edgeguarding beast as he was in melee. Characters being able to airdodge and then up B means that Marth's off stage edgeguarding is moot as well, as he has to be relatively close to the stage to use it, and it's likely that if the opponent dodges he still can easily make it back to the stage. Marth's primary method of killing (edgeguarding) is pretty much gone. Marth's f-smash was not feared because it was powerful, it was feared because it was enough to get the opponent off the stage even at low percents, which set up perfectly for Marth to edgeguard. Now they'll simply get back on the stage, and with good DI and abusing the airdodging system, I'll be quite a while before he kills them. So even before we've touched Marth's moveset at all, he's already been nerfed. I just think that he doesn't need any further nerfing, because this nerf is quite a blow to Marth's playstyle. And with characters like Metaknight and the newly buffed Peach around (that's right, Sakurai buffed the 5th best character in the game) Marth could actually use a buff or two (like a second kill move). And although it's a bit early to tell, based of the SSE videos I'd say Marth really hasn't changed that much. His dash attack and d-tilt had less range, and his utilt didn't hit behind him as much, but there were no other negative changes to his speed or range. I can't base his strength off of the video, but it'd be perfectly fair for Marth's power to stay about the same, because that powerful F-smash will likely become his ONLY killing move, and even then it's not exactly the safest killer (like Falcon's Knee, or Shiek's fair.) I'm hoping his shield breaker is strong enough uncharged to be a killer, since I noticed it also seems to hit a little further in front of him than its melee counter part."-Sonic Wave

Sonic Wave explains how Marth's edgeguarding is going to be worse, due to the airdodge system, and the new auto sweetspot system. Hmm...No more gimp kills for Marth. The way Sonic Wave described it, Marth seems like a glorified Roy...But not too glorified. Only one kill move, like Roy's Fsmash. I really hope Marth isn't as horrible as Roy is in Melee. A few things I'd really like to see Marth keep in Brawl, without going overboard are...

Knockback
Good Recovery
Range

Range is definitely there, since he has a sword. Judging from pictures, platforms are still low enough for Marth to abuse them, something I enjoyed a lot in Melee.

Let's just say Marth's recovery is going to be as good in Brawl as it was in Melee. In Melee, Marth only really dies a lot when someone edgehogs him, since his recovery is so good he can get back to the stage with ease. Combine that with the heavy emphasis on DI in Brawl, and the ability to airdodge before Up B, I'd say Marth is going to be very hard to kill in this game.

Thoughts anyone?

Okysho

Smash Ace
hey okysho why dont u put the supporters list that where from the marth support thread?? anyway the thread is awesome

Marth Metaknight Ike
Trio of Badass
lol
Hellz yeah DoodX I like the idea! But I didn't want to totally rip off of Zevox since I have so much respect for his participation, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Supporters it is!

Better yet, since Marth is totally in brawl, here's a new thought, instead I'm going to start a little groud, (this time ripped from the Roy thread) called the Knights of Akanea! It's gonna be like the supporters on the Marth Support thread except we'll go by a different, cooler name!

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
It might just be me, but does Marth look MORE feminine in Brawl??
I hope they keep his taunt :) I loved laughing at it whilst kicking *ss.
And if the edgeguard kills are gone...I'm screwed.

Corax

Smash Cadet
I think marth would live longer, he looks like his weight has been increased and falls a little faster.
The increase in attack speed is a nice buff though. I still hope Marth has a decent grab range and decent grab combos (oh and maybe a chain grab >.>)

As for edge guarding, it just seems like it'll be extremely difficult for Marth. The only idea i have right now is baiting someone off stage into either an air dodge or attack and using marth's second jump bair to knock them farther away in the lag of either action. (worked nicely in melee)
Well, its something to test out in Brawl anyway. :chuckle: always worth a shot.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Just for a bit of discussion...

Just some information from Sonic Wave from the "Marth getting Nerfed" thread...

"I already explained this to a few of my friends. The change in game mechanics already sort of nerfs Marth. The auto sweetspot feature means that Marth won't be as much of an on stage edgeguarding beast as he was in melee. Characters being able to airdodge and then up B means that Marth's off stage edgeguarding is moot as well, as he has to be relatively close to the stage to use it, and it's likely that if the opponent dodges he still can easily make it back to the stage. Marth's primary method of killing (edgeguarding) is pretty much gone. Marth's f-smash was not feared because it was powerful, it was feared because it was enough to get the opponent off the stage even at low percents, which set up perfectly for Marth to edgeguard. Now they'll simply get back on the stage, and with good DI and abusing the airdodging system, I'll be quite a while before he kills them. So even before we've touched Marth's moveset at all, he's already been nerfed. I just think that he doesn't need any further nerfing, because this nerf is quite a blow to Marth's playstyle. And with characters like Metaknight and the newly buffed Peach around (that's right, Sakurai buffed the 5th best character in the game) Marth could actually use a buff or two (like a second kill move). And although it's a bit early to tell, based of the SSE videos I'd say Marth really hasn't changed that much. His dash attack and d-tilt had less range, and his utilt didn't hit behind him as much, but there were no other negative changes to his speed or range. I can't base his strength off of the video, but it'd be perfectly fair for Marth's power to stay about the same, because that powerful F-smash will likely become his ONLY killing move, and even then it's not exactly the safest killer (like Falcon's Knee, or Shiek's fair.) I'm hoping his shield breaker is strong enough uncharged to be a killer, since I noticed it also seems to hit a little further in front of him than its melee counter part."-Sonic Wave

Sonic Wave explains how Marth's edgeguarding is going to be worse, due to the airdodge system, and the new auto sweetspot system. Hmm...No more gimp kills for Marth. The way Sonic Wave described it, Marth seems like a glorified Roy...But not too glorified. Only one kill move, like Roy's Fsmash. I really hope Marth isn't as horrible as Roy is in Melee. A few things I'd really like to see Marth keep in Brawl, without going overboard are...

Knockback
Good Recovery
Range

Range is definitely there, since he has a sword. Judging from pictures, platforms are still low enough for Marth to abuse them, something I enjoyed a lot in Melee.

Let's just say Marth's recovery is going to be as good in Brawl as it was in Melee. In Melee, Marth only really dies a lot when someone edgehogs him, since his recovery is so good he can get back to the stage with ease. Combine that with the heavy emphasis on DI in Brawl, and the ability to airdodge before Up B, I'd say Marth is going to be very hard to kill in this game.

Thoughts anyone?
I'm actually rather glad that the dolphin slash has more height than it did in Melee, with all the nerfs from the new physics alone, it would make it hard to recover with the SSBM Marth without a doubt, especially with that auto fall for air dodging gone. It's good to see that with all the changes to the game overall, Marth can still hold his own.

Having said that, I can't really see how well Marth's new shield breaker is going to fare in this new game. It's a thrust now, which means it'll be a lot easier to dodge. Finding a situation that will allow this technique to be used frequently and powerfully will be difficult, don't you think?

Okysho

Smash Ace
It might just be me, but does Marth look MORE feminine in Brawl??
I hope they keep his taunt :) I loved laughing at it whilst kicking *ss.
And if the edgeguard kills are gone...I'm screwed.
For the record, I never really believed in edgeguarding. I found it too cheap when I was in a real fight. I try my best to stay as honourable a fighter as I can. Call it silly, but yeah I don't normally edgeguard, unless it's against 7+ handicaps...

and for the record, Marth does not look more feminine, if anything he looks more masculine. Don't look at the picture, look at the SSE video. He's more sleek, yes and the Falchion looks kick ***, but definitely not more feminine...

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
Everyone wanted more female characters in brawl so Sakurai decided just to make one of the male characters look more feminine. Seriously he made him look toooooo girly and pretty. WHY SAKURAI?

Corax

Smash Cadet
Its because in Japan, women there love girly guys in anime (forgot genre name). So when they revamped Marth from his original look to his current one, everyone loved him more (it was for his debut in an anime too). His old look was weird anyway >.> (He didn't have pants).
http://fireemblem.shinranet.com/gallery/albums/1/1.jpg

I mean, which would you rather have marth look like in Brawl, the way he is now or in that picture?

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
For the record, I never really believed in edgeguarding. I found it too cheap when I was in a real fight. I try my best to stay as honourable a fighter as I can. Call it silly, but yeah I don't normally edgeguard, unless it's against 7+ handicaps...

and for the record, Marth does not look more feminine, if anything he looks more masculine. Don't look at the picture, look at the SSE video. He's more sleek, yes and the Falchion looks kick ***, but definitely not more feminine...
LOL at your honor system, it'll end up getting you owned.

at least SHDF is still in..with no lcancel.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
if the new shield braker trust has an horizontal knockback trayectory in the lines of sheik's Fair (of course with less cheapness) then ill be happy. More KOeing moves which marth will desperately need now.

T-major

Smash Champion
L0L!1! okyshu u r a nub!1 u suk with marth witch is ezy 2 do cuz MARTH SUX!!1! LOLOLOL!!1

:D

anyways, I like the changes they did to Marth. like the Shield Breaker being a stab, and his forward B having GUNSHOT SOUND EFFECTS!!! his Final Smash is awesome, too. Instant kill, AND retro life bar depletion!!??!? YES PLEASE!!! :D

so far, I like Brawl Marth better than Melee Marth. he's just more my style this time around.

Okysho

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO3yqRNVwI0

Did anyone noticed that?
Marth's Fair seems like Sheik's.
You can see near the end of this match (KOing MetaKnight).
Too nice!

I'm glad that Marth doesn't have the same move properties frrom Melee, new ways to explore techniques and tactics... seems like a mix with Roy.

Sorry with my english XD~
OMG The guy playing as Marth in that video Sucked!

Okysho

Smash Ace
L0L!1! okyshu u r a nub!1 u suk with marth witch is ezy 2 do cuz MARTH SUX!!1! LOLOLOL!!1

:D

anyways, I like the changes they did to Marth. like the Shield Breaker being a stab, and his forward B having GUNSHOT SOUND EFFECTS!!! his Final Smash is awesome, too. Instant kill, AND retro life bar depletion!!??!? YES PLEASE!!! :D

so far, I like Brawl Marth better than Melee Marth. he's just more my style this time around.
T-Maj you PHIAL! BWahahahahahhahahahahhaahaaaa I will pwn you online! If I don't pwn you IRL first! Bwahahhahahahaahahahaaa

Rakath

Smash Ace
FE11 is a DS title with no confirmed release date... I doubt any voiceactors have been picked for it. This doesn't mean Brawl will have only a Japanese voice for him...

Top Bottom