• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Stealing the picture at the begining of the post. lol.

Is it just me or does Marths Neutral B move him forward in the Air? (Check Marth Video thread, 1st match in 1v1 section.)
i thought i just said this on the previous page. black waltz getz fu11 credi7z ya!

and the >B has been seen used in the air multiple time and does not move marth forward and just stops his horizontal movement completely for the duration of the >B strike.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
i thought i just said this on the previous page. black waltz getz fu11 credi7z ya!

and the >B has been seen used in the air multiple time and does not move marth forward and just stops his horizontal movement completely for the duration of the >B strike.
OMG 2 nerfs for marth so far.....

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
Uh, not really. Marth could use Shield Breaker in the air for the forward momentum, giving him a horizontal option. And his Dolphin Slash is a lot better since it travels higher and auto ledgegrabs. Couple that with higher jumps and his recovery could possibly be better than previously, just you have to do it differently.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
with the auto-sweetspotting, does this mean that lightshielding the edge will no longer own marth?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
does that matter? edgeguarding is what made the haters hate Marth in the first place
Or his Tiara.

Like you said early, This is gonna need Play experience to figure out, or a very, very,very,very,very detailed video of how marth works in Brawl.

Hmm With Marths Recovery possibly crippled. Ima have to up my defense game, alot.

Okysho

Smash Ace
but with the added stuff about the Shield breaker pushing you forward, it might actually make things easier. You go forward a lot more than with sword dance in Melee. Check the Marth vs Pikachu video I linked to on the first post, there's two matches in that vid, watch the one on Cornaria, not pkm stadium

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely joining this support thread. Marth is my main in Melee and judging by the way he plays, he'll remain as my main in Brawl. That introduction and his swordplay with Metaknight is amazing. I can't wait to play that battle on SSE co-op with my roommate (he plans on picking up Metaknight.)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
but with the added stuff about the Shield breaker pushing you forward, it might actually make things easier. You go forward a lot more than with sword dance in Melee. Check the Marth vs Pikachu video I linked to on the first post, there's two matches in that vid, watch the one on Cornaria, not pkm stadium
Ah, I only watched the Pokemon Stadium one, and the whole "It dosent have as much as an effect" Thing lead me to belive it wasnt so good.....

You never cease to amaze me Okysho...

Charlesz

Smash Champion
So sick that marth is in brawl, he was the first character that i started playing seriously with in melee and now he's in brawl, is it true that his hitbox is smaller? or rumor?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yeah but whatvabout the post lag of the shield breaker its a lot more then side b

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Taking a Better look at that video (I have more of that guy in my Video Archive.)

1.)Either Dancing Blades is easier, or Meljin is good at it. You can also go through it alot faster now.

2.) If Meljin used counter, he'd be godly. help alot when hes trying to get past Pika, and onto the stage.

3.) (completely off topic) Pika's B> seems alot closer to the ground, Meljin shorthops over it.

4.) I didnt really see Marth Neutral B Recover durring this video, Fair helps a little, or maybe that was B>, Hard to tell w/o the glow.

__
@ Okysho. Mind giving people a link to the Video Archive in the first post? I know your putting the best of the best up, so why not direct people to all the rest? (RHYME FTW!)

Y'know, because we're freinds like that. I'll put a link to this thread up if you want.

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
meljin used >B to stop his momentum, and then was spamming fair while using his second jump.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
meljin used >B to stop his momentum, and then was spamming fair while using his second jump.
I Normaly use Counter to stop ASAP, but I play at Hyrule... so... Hahah. B> or >B or BSmash or W/E Is a better choice I suppose. Counter takes a while to wear off, but is better to prevent being juggled on large stages like Hyrule.

Good eye, by the way, I didnt watch that closely.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Taking a Better look at that video (I have more of that guy in my Video Archive.)

1.)Either Dancing Blades is easier, or Meljin is good at it. You can also go through it alot faster now.

2.) If Meljin used counter, he'd be godly. help alot when hes trying to get past Pika, and onto the stage.

3.) (completely off topic) Pika's B> seems alot closer to the ground, Meljin shorthops over it.

4.) I didnt really see Marth Neutral B Recover durring this video, Fair helps a little, or maybe that was B>, Hard to tell w/o the glow.

__
@ Okysho. Mind giving people a link to the Video Archive in the first post? I know your putting the best of the best up, so why not direct people to all the rest? (RHYME FTW!)

Y'know, because we're freinds like that. I'll put a link to this thread up if you want.
Yeah sure why not, I'll probably be using a lot of them as sources to I can analyze as much of Marth's moveset when I get the chance.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Yeah sure why not, I'll probably be using a lot of them as sources to I can analyze as much of Marth's moveset when I get the chance.
Sweet d(' 'd) Got some good videos in there..

Marth vs. Wolf..

Marth vs. Sheik..

Marth vs. PT..

Im still waiting for Marth vs. Lucario.

All good fights. run through the posts and you can find some good info too.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I'm gonna post the Marth Vs. Sheik since as we all know Sheik is practically Marth's mortal enemy in terms of speed....

Is there a Marth vs. Meta Knight? cuz he's a speedy character too. I'd like to post that also!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
go ahead y not roy amazing started it with a few here and in the ike forums...>.>

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I'm gonna post the Marth Vs. Sheik since as we all know Sheik is practically Marth's mortal enemy in terms of speed....

Is there a Marth vs. Meta Knight? cuz he's a speedy character too. I'd like to post that also!
I've only seen one Meta vs. Marth Video, and marth was a low level com.

There may be afew FFAs with Marth and Meta in them.

Everybody heard the D-Tilt news, Right?

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Marth or Ike? Thats tough but I think Im gonna go with ike. Sorry guys. Marth will be secondary though.
All depends on how you play.

If I were to break it down from what I've seen in videos, Ike seems to be fairly slow with packing tons of power from all of his hits. Marth is still the quick and agile character he was in Melee. All depends on everyeone's playstyle. I'm going to be playing both just reversed like you are.

More on-topic, I'd love to see a one on one between a human Meta-Knight and a human Marth. Computer players don't give an appropriate feel for a character. Well, excluding Sonic.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
marth also i dont like ike dat much since he replaced roy:(

Xgamer245

Smash Cadet
Yeah gotta feel sorry for the Roy fans, but we have enough sword characters but still I feel for ya Roy fans...
I would go with Marth if I had a choice between Marth and Ike.
Is there any reason why Marth's B was changed?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
maybe it was too overpowered? also i might be able to be used as recovery im not shure yet

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
What? It sucks now?
Uh, No. its got ISAI Frames or somthing like that, as soon as he starts to pull his arm back (or somthing like that, you can enter another move...

Thought of somthing like this.

Dtilt + Fsmash + Fair + Dair.

Gonna have to see if Marth's speed can keep up with the enemy after the Fsmash.

All depends on how you play.

If I were to break it down from what I've seen in videos, Ike seems to be fairly slow with packing tons of power from all of his hits. Marth is still the quick and agile character he was in Melee. All depends on everyeone's playstyle. I'm going to be playing both just reversed like you are.

More on-topic, I'd love to see a one on one between a human Meta-Knight and a human Marth. Computer players don't give an appropriate feel for a character. Well, excluding Sonic.
I'll Try to find a Good/Amazing/Godly Marth vs. Meta video. Just because Meta = Marths new rival by the looks of things.

Irow

Smash Ace
Lol, ISAI frames? Dude, Isai frames would be like frames where Isai's Falcon comes and triple knees you.

It's call IASA frames. They are frames in which you can cancel out your move before it actually ends.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Yeah gotta feel sorry for the Roy fans, but we have enough sword characters but still I feel for ya Roy fans...
I would go with Marth if I had a choice between Marth and Ike.
Is there any reason why Marth's B was changed?
probably beacuse people were using the slash too their advantage too much
people find edgeguarding cheap which spawns haters...

Irow

Smash Ace
Well, Marth needed at least one move that resembled his attacks from his own game. Marth was more a stabbing character throughout most of his games.

Okysho

Smash Ace
actually you'll notice (If you've played FE3) that Marth's attacks are based more on the sword he uses. Give him a killing edge, a steel sword or an iron sword (etc) You'll see he does a lot more slashes. Give him the falchion, Miracle sword or a rapier and he'll go all thrusts baby!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
We've already seen more stabing, Which I like, even though it takes away from his Edgeguard game. We still have the almighty Ftilt. and it gives him alot more range (love hitting Link on his Dair with a Usmash Hahah. gets em every time)

Gotta start working Nair into my gameplay again, I used to use it alot.

Okysho

Smash Ace
It's hard for me to make that tecnique more effective in my gameplay, I mostly use his smashes and dashes. (lol rhyme!) his up down and side airs, however recently I've been getting into more of his other techs. Which is unlocking more potential than I had before (And I was **** good to begin with)

Irow

Smash Ace
Nair mixed with Fairs can make for effective pressure. Nair is great, I use it a lot. It makes Marth's air game even more aggressive.

Top Bottom