• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Heh. That's the thing though isn't it? If you're good enough of a Marth player, then it shouldn't matter what stage you're on, you'll pwn anyways! As for a custom stage, I'm going to try and see how well I can recreate a scene from FE 3 and make it into a stage (providing it's doable in the custom stage mode). Personally I think the Castle siege is sub-par for a stage representing Fire Emblem as a whole. I think it needs something more Epic...
Like.. Super Mega Ownage Ultimato Ultimatum of Power Final Destination?

Its Final Destination, but smaller, so only four people can stand on it.

Okysho

Smash Ace
YOu have to re-add it to the signature. I completely re-loaded the image, so I think it has a different name. If I've got time, I'll still make some ranking sigs, but I've got a lot of homework to take care of too...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
YOu have to re-add it to the signature. I completely re-loaded the image, so I think it has a different name. If I've got time, I'll still make some ranking sigs, but I've got a lot of homework to take care of too...
Right, I'll do that.

I call the Rank... BEAM SWORDSMAN OF SUPER DEATH!

T-major

Smash Champion
T-Major: This thread was inspired by your "DeDeDe discussion thread" Yes I copied you, get over it! IS COOL T-MAJ!
hey, I just noticed this. cool! :O

and this should be sticked. it's first post is epic, and it's one of the most used threads on the Marth section... WTF MODS WHY ISN'T THIS STICKIED YET!!? D:

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
hmm... i like my sig though akanea or doodx sig?
can u make diferent size sigs like small medium and large?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord

and this should be sticked. it's first post is epic, and it's one of the most used threads on the Marth section... WTF MODS WHY ISN'T THIS STICKIED YET!!? D:
The same reason the Marth Q&A Thread and the SSBB Marth video archive arent Stickied yet, none of the mods main Marth.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Marth will always be my main first and foremost. Secondary mains will be Sonic and Meta Knight, possibly pit
Maining Blue Marth,

Secondaries, Squirtle, Lucario, WWLink...

Pit looks fun, he might be a secondary.

The Tilted platforms (Passthrough)

Kinda like this... \ (look around at the Stage builder secret parts update, you'll see passthroughs that are at a slant) are gonna be crazy for tips, becuase Tiped Fsmash + Slants = You never know if its gonna hit or not.

Okysho

Smash Ace
If the stage is kind to you, and you go on an angle whist you're on the slant, then the goddess blesses you and your tipper and you'll pwn. If it goes into the platform, then you sue nintendo for not considering this as a factor when they made the game. I'm expecting slants to be easily accountable so I woudln't worry about them

Also!

I beat Fire Emblem 3 book 1 yesterday and found the proof that Marth is NOT Gay! Once the throne is siezed and the chapter is completed, Sheeda is actually the first character to speak. She mentions that she needs to go back to Talis and Marth agrees that she needs to report back to the King (her father) Sheeda also says that she hopes to later join Marth in Altea. Marth starts to say something, then hesitates (awwww Marth is shy!) Then Princess Nina (whom isn't playable, but travels with you) speaks saying "Aw! Marth go on! Tell Sheeda how you feel!" Marth then proceeds to tell Sheeda that he wants her to join him in Altea as well.

Now whilst that alone doesn't prove a true love sequence between Marth and Sheeda, unless you believe, the next sequence confirms.

As the character epilogues fly by (happens at the end of every FE game, telling what happens to each character) Sheeda's is something like this "Sheeda returned to Talis to report good news of the end of the war, swiftly following, she returned to Marth's loving company in Altea"

Ultimate proof! Marth loves Sheeda (It's used in the same sentence just worded slightly different) Marth fans win! Non-believers, FAILURE!!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
If the stage is kind to you, and you go on an angle whist you're on the slant, then the goddess blesses you and your tipper and you'll pwn. If it goes into the platform, then you sue nintendo for not considering this as a factor when they made the game. I'm expecting slants to be easily accountable so I woudln't worry about them

Also!

I beat Fire Emblem 3 book 1 yesterday and found the proof that Marth is NOT Gay! Once the throne is siezed and the chapter is completed, Sheeda is actually the first character to speak. She mentions that she needs to go back to Talis and Marth agrees that she needs to report back to the King (her father) Sheeda also says that she hopes to later join Marth in Altea. Marth starts to say something, then hesitates (awwww Marth is shy!) Then Princess Nina (whom isn't playable, but travels with you) speaks saying "Aw! Marth go on! Tell Sheeda how you feel!" Marth then proceeds to tell Sheeda that he wants her to join him in Altea as well.

Now whilst that alone doesn't prove a true love sequence between Marth and Sheeda, unless you believe, the next sequence confirms.

As the character epilogues fly by (happens at the end of every FE game, telling what happens to each character) Sheeda's is something like this "Sheeda returned to Talis to report good news of the end of the war, swiftly following, she returned to Marth's loving company in Altea"

Ultimate proof! Marth loves Sheeda (It's used in the same sentence just worded slightly different) Marth fans win! Non-believers, FAILURE!!
who would ever think he was gay anyway? i know who definately is gay COUGHIKECOUGH
there was a whole thread but they may have closed it

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman

and this should be sticked. it's first post is epic, and it's one of the most used threads on the Marth section... WT[H] MODS WHY ISN'T THIS STICKIED YET!!? D:
The same reason the Marth Q&A Thread and the SSBB Marth video archive arent Stickied yet, none of the mods main Marth.
I don't think that's a good excuse. :ohwell:

for anyone who isn't sure that marth's neutral B help him in recovery here i have prof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CvGfEpbYRBs in 1:14 to 1:19 you'll see the extreme diference
Interesting! Marth's new Shield Breaker is so cool. :chuckle:

Aww, that's very sweet (especially since TODAY'S Valentine's day!).

I've seen the previous debate over Marth's manhood in this topic, and I'd just like to say that not only did his bishounen looks net him a pretty wife, it's also netted him dozens of loving fangirls (including me) all over the world!
Hee-hee! (*AHEM* :lol:)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I don't think that's a good excuse. :ohwell:

Interesting! Marth's new Shield Breaker is so cool. :chuckle:

Aww, that's very sweet (especially since TODAY'S Valentine's day!).

I've seen the previous debate over Marth's manhood in this topic, and I'd just like to say that not only did his bishounen looks net him a pretty wife, it's also netted him dozens of loving fangirls (including me) all over the world!
Hee-hee! (*AHEM* :lol:)
<_< I Only got -ONE- peice of candy, a Pinaple Coconut Flavored Lollypop T.T

Maybe I should have gotten a cape, a sword, and a tiara...

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
<_< I Only got -ONE- peice of candy, a Pinaple Coconut Flavored Lollypop T.T

Maybe I should have gotten a cape, a sword, and a tiara...
yea, that works, believe me (one of mi friends is a cosplayer and always get much candy (and TONS in halowen)).

on topic i read that mart's D-air is not an spike but an weak meteor smash in brawl. is that true?

Okysho

Smash Ace
I actually cosplayed as black costume Marth for a con once. It wasn't bad, but I was incredibly overweight at the time so I don't look at the good in the costume... Back on topic, I guess it was pretty good for valentines day, what with Marth's love story and all, Honestly, it was just a coincidence. As for what happens later, you'll all have to wait a bit for me to beat book 2...

Side note: I offered to voice act for Smash Dash if they get turned down by the person their asking now. I'm pretty good and I'd like to be able to get into voice acting later on. So, good training. I offered to do it for free but whatever. What do you all think? Think I'd be able to measure up to Ian?

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
So, would the Defenders of Akanea be willing to ally themselves with the Aritia Slashers from the Brawl Central Forums? http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=5051&start=0. I feel that you would have a powerfull aliance there.
I'm not registered there, I don't play "Smash Bros."competitively, or really plan to play "Brawl" online (please don't kill me for saying that...*BORROWS THE FLAME SHIELD FROM THE ORIGINAL POST*).

Since I'm a Defender of Akanea by virtue of posting in the Marth support topic shortly before he was confirmed once and for all by the leakers, though, and I'm proud to be one, I don't mind. :)

Besides, Cloud Strife's banners over in that topic are gorgeous.

Oh, and guys, a couple days ago, I was reading comments at Digg about how well "Brawl" is selling in Japan, and a guy said in his comment "Marth 9th can't come soon enough."

Of course, he meant March 9th, and I think I've seen somebody else make that typo before somewhere else. But after seeing that, I'd just like to ask this question:

Shall we declare March 9th "Marth 9th"?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Okysho feels that the ranks should be finished first. However I like the idea of an alliance. It'll be good to post some of your Marth vids there. (Oky vs. SNBM) You'll have to give me a couple of weeks first.
"A couple of weeks" Being waiting for Brawl, Buying Brawl,
Playing 10 vs. matches to unlock Marth
set up a video camera, get on Wifi, start a SNBM vs. Okysho match, get it recorded, put it on Youtube, and then the video thread(s)?

Okysho

Smash Ace
I've got the rank names all set up, I just need to make sigs for them all there's 10 ranks in total, all the main ones have 13 options each (one for each of the main FE game classes. going down the list, from 2nd class to first) (main ones, ranks 5-10) ranks 1-4 are special ranks which I will be appointing certain members to. Some of them will also be assigned a royal weapon. (ranks 1-3) so you've got something to look forward to!

As for making them, I should have too much trouble the only ones that have to be personalized are the first 13 ranks, and they seriously don't take me much time. I might have the first two or three done late tonight after I get back from work

Top Bottom