• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

T-major

Smash Champion
lol T maj, Just because your new main is gonna be a cheapass, doesn't mean I can't beat you with epic skills!
your skills are useless when I'm chain throwing you across the stage! >:D

also, I got a chance to see Marth's Blade Dance (or whatever it's called...) in action. it looks a LOT better now, but it could just be me, because I don't use Marth... and it has gun shot sound effects now... thats just awesome.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Does he still have a spike has his Dancing Blade down combo.

This is the discussion thread <_<. Questions go in the Q&A Thread.

The answer is: I dont know. go ask the people in the Q&A Thread.

your skills are useless when I'm chain throwing you across the stage! >:D

also, I got a chance to see Marth's Blade Dance (or whatever it's called...) in action. it looks a LOT better now, but it could just be me, because I don't use Marth... and it has gun shot sound effects now... thats just awesome.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
hi hi

I'm interested in joining the Defenders of Akanea. Is it alright if I'm already part of another group (The Sonic Clan)?

It's funny cause I've only figured out Marth's potential only a few days ago in Melee (seriously, I couldn't figure out the counter or anything with Marth and thought he was useless for years. That goes to show my knowledge of Smash) and seeing as I've been able to do well as him, I'll probably main Marth in Brawl. If not I support Marth at least.

I also notice you guys have a collection sigs and bars so I thought I share my Marth stuff too.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
hi hi

I'm interested in joining the Defenders of Akanea. Is it alright if I'm already part of another group (The Sonic Clan)?

It's funny cause I've only figured out Marth's potential only a few days ago in Melee (seriously, I couldn't figure out the counter or anything with Marth and thought he was useless for years. That goes to show my knowledge of Smash) and seeing as I've been able to do well as him, I'll probably main Marth in Brawl. If not I support Marth at least.

I also notice you guys have a collection sigs and bars so I thought I share my Marth stuff too.
Ooh. New to Marth.

I always liked giving pointers about Marth. but I usualy just let my Crewmates learn for themselves. :p

What do you think Okysho?

Okysho

Smash Ace
hi hi

Awesome! I think you deserve some sort of rank for this too! Gimme a few days and I'll have your rank siggy done! Always accepting news supporters and content! Also always great to have a new user among us! We're all with you here so if you need pointers I'm sure most of us can answer! I'm all good with this!

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
lol well I never actually done any real competitive battles so Marth really is technically my first announced Main ever.

I'll do my best though.

and thanks Okysho

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Yes!

One more added to the list! I've got the video thread. theres a link in the first post. head on over, its a good way to start learning how to play Marth.

Q&A Thread has it in text form though.

Okysho

Smash Ace
that's a good thing to have on here too! SuperNinjabread, can you make me a "Marth user for dummies" guide or something? It'd be a great addition to the first post here!

Sorry SilentDrifter, that rank siggy's gonna be a couple of days... I've got a lot of work in between today and tomorrow

Irow

Smash Ace
Okysho, I'm actually planning to write the Marth guide.

After about six months after Brawl comes out in the US, I'll start working on the real guide. I'll make a dummy guide when I get the game and can analyze the game M2K level.

Count Alphez

Smash Rookie
this was fantastically comprehensive

it gives me, (a person still waiting for a PAL release date) a fantastic idea of how marth will perform in brawl

cheers

Okysho

Smash Ace
awesome! My first post meant something to someone! I feel proud!

Alchfilosofer: I give you props for the first volume of the Fire Emblem Manga. that's incredibly hard to come by!

I actually have the english dubs for the both FE OVAs. I may post it on youtube if I see fit to. But good job anyways. They were awesome though. Aside from action figures ans plushies, I probably have all FE1/3 media. (counting emulators and patches)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
awesome! My first post meant something to someone! I feel proud!

Alchfilosofer: I give you props for the first volume of the Fire Emblem Manga. that's incredibly hard to come by!

I actually have the english dubs for the both FE OVAs. I may post it on youtube if I see fit to. But good job anyways. They were awesome though. Aside from action figures ans plushies, I probably have all FE1/3 media. (counting emulators and patches)
Theres a FE Manga?

<_<

>_>

*Falcon Gut Punch*

They're mine now!

And you put my name "SuperNinjaBreadMan" In the Ranks thing on the first post. only the first letter is caps. and you can puit SNBM if you want.

it's fine, I can wait :) I'm not even sure if I have enough visual space in my sig lol

Oh and thanks for the greetings everyone.
RULE # 76054: REPRESENT.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I already am representing << *points to bar*

Maybe I could try making a little vertical bars for the clan and ranking...or would you guys prefer the traditional horizontal way? If you're interested that is lol

Irow

Smash Ace
Yes SNBM, I will work on frame data when I get the chance. but more importantly, the dummy guide will have information on how to use the moves.

The full guide will have frame data, damage, knockback levels, priority, and information on how the community feels on the move and how it can be used. Unlike most guides, I will update the guide according to how Marth's metagame changes over the course of the game.

I'll also work on beginner's "How to play Marth Competitively" videos.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
guys? why were there only 2 oavs? i would really like to know

Okysho

Smash Ace
yeah there were. It only got up to about ch 3 or four in book 1 of FE1/3 the Manga only makes it up to about 4 of 5 of the game... disappointing that it stopped... when FE11 comes out I'm gonna try and E-mail nintendo asking them to revive the project! That'd be awesome!

Okysho

Smash Ace
I didn't really mean like that, although a chart in that sense can't help but be useful, but more like a simplistic guide for Marth users, I.E. "Be sure that when you use a dash attack to use it, to press A long before you collide with your opponent, not only does your tipper take effect, but it also prevents you from being grabbed (unless you're agains't link, Cheap son of a *****...)" Something more like that was what I had in mind.

SilentDrifter, I'm not sure I catch your drift (pun intended) horizontal bars for ranking system? can't say I understand

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
SilentDrifter, I'm not sure I catch your drift (pun intended) horizontal bars for ranking system? can't say I understand
erm...I'm asking if you want me to make userbars for the clan. I can make bars for the different ranks.The question is, do you want them to be vertical or horizontal and if you want any at all.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
yeah there were. It only got up to about ch 3 or four in book 1 of FE1/3 the Manga only makes it up to about 4 of 5 of the game... disappointing that it stopped... when FE11 comes out I'm gonna try and E-mail nintendo asking them to revive the project! That'd be awesome!
*reads the idea* *starts playing in the background "together we ride"* *starts talking* joins with wishes of help the idea*

BTW: i realized i haven't request be an "defender of akanea". but i would like to be one, so would you let me join?

Okysho

Smash Ace
sure thing if! I'll add you to the list.

SilentDrifter: I've already got a siggy add-on but I suppose userbars are more efficient since they take up less space... hm... ok! Since I'm so busy can you make me one? Horizontal? I'd really appreciate it.

Sheesh... if you guys do any more I'll have to boost your ranks... the only ones left will be the female ranks...

T-major

Smash Champion
you could always make generic ranks for all the members (maybe based on FE classes?), then higher ranks for more important members who contribute a lot (which would be important characters like Marth and that guy with the awesome beard).

Okysho

Smash Ace
I have that all set up already. It's just that after that I have some special ranks, involving characters whom have more of a significance to the sieries. I.E. if you look at SNBM's siggy it's got a picture of Oguma, whom is the captain of Talis guards, Princess Sheeda's royal retainer and trained Marth in sword. Also his use in the game is quite good. He's hero class, but I still made him a special rank because of his significance. Same with Sheeda, Marich and a few others.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
sure thing if! I'll add you to the list.

SilentDrifter: I've already got a siggy add-on but I suppose userbars are more efficient since they take up less space... hm... ok! Since I'm so busy can you make me one? Horizontal? I'd really appreciate it.

Sheesh... if you guys do any more I'll have to boost your ranks... the only ones left will be the female ranks...
lol I don't mind taking a female rank. Anyway. You'll probably have to help me out here. Not all ranks have the character Marth as I've noticed so would you mind sending me some stock images for each char along with their ranks? just PM me them when you have the time.

Should probably tell me anything extra you want too, like a logo, color themes, whatever it is you like in the bars.

Okysho

Smash Ace
hm well... I'd rather have the ranks done individually, but now that I think about it, it'd be more efficiant to have the normal ones smaller so that people can incorporate other pictures into them...

For the time being can you make something similar to what I have on the first post, just in a smaller bar? I didn't want to take focus off of the Akanea map in the background and thus didn't really have the heart to do it myself...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Hey Okysho, for the Higher Ranks, could you put the Username on the signature? Theres only one person with that rank.. its only fair that their name is on it. and If somebody decided to steal the Picture, put it in their own sig, they'd end up having some other guys name on it.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
I've read it was because the company involved went bankrupt.
ouch poor fe :(

good idea would be to make a ranking list so you will be able to see where you are
edit: nvm lol

btw did they set date for fe 11 yet?

Okysho

Smash Ace
It wasn't really bankrupcy since the project was funded by Nintnedo (at the time, now it's intelligent systems which is a 2nd person company) but apparently it got low viewings and was cancelled. Disappointing since I thought they were great! I'm gonna ask them to revive the project after FE11 release.

SilentDrifter: yeah that's the one. If it's not too much trouble, could you?

SNBM: Why did that thought never occur to me? Wow... I really should do that... I'll re-upload them once I get the chance... thanks for pointing that out...

Top Bottom