• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
It wasn't really bankrupcy since the project was funded by Nintnedo (at the time, now it's intelligent systems which is a 2nd person company) but apparently it got low viewings and was cancelled. Disappointing since I thought they were great! I'm gonna ask them to revive the project after FE11 release.

SilentDrifter: yeah that's the one. If it's not too much trouble, could you?

SNBM: Why did that thought never occur to me? Wow... I really should do that... I'll re-upload them once I get the chance... thanks for pointing that out...
I just realized SilentDrifter used a Sheik Avatar. >_> So...

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
<_< Cause I have a Sheik icon? when she/he/it has no other relevance to me then being an cool-looking icon? lol

There some sort of rivalry with Sheik and Marth?

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
*Points to his Location*

You still have much to learn about Marth..
no offense but you have an squirtle avatar, walgork G also has an avatar not related to Marth and there is no poblem

<_< Cause I have a Sheik icon? when she/he/it has no other relevance to me then being an cool-looking icon? lol

There some sort of rivalry with Sheik and Marth?

sheik is female, it's said in her trophy the gender of sheik.

also marth and sheik smashers had some furry each other (cause marth and sheik are very quick and easy killers (similar characteristics and skills) and for that some people feel rivalry (exept me))

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
no offense but you have an squirtle avatar, walgork G also has an avatar not related to Marth and there is no poblem

sheik is female, it's said in her trophy the gender of sheik.

also marth and sheik smashers had some furry each other (cause marth and sheik are very quick and easy killers (similar characteristics and skills) and for that some people feel rivalry (exept me))
I was mostly kidding around, and Squirtle is the greatest pokemon.

Sheik is old news anway. MK is the problem now.

Yes, there is a Sheik/Marth Rivalry.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
oh...I see. Well I'm not exactly a big fan of her in Smash (Cause I always get beaten to a pulp by her) I just love her in the Zelda games.

so there's no need for conflict within the Smash universe if I never bother to use her or like her in Smash.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Back in Melee, Sheik gave me loads of trouble when I was using Ganon... she can die for all I care. Bloodshed hua.

Irow

Smash Ace
Sheik gave me no trouble when I played Ganondorf, it was always with my Marth.

I eventually learned how to play Sheik in Melee, and she is one of my best characters now. The irony.

I don't think Metaknight is the true problem. He can't effectively kill Marth. Marth has more trouble with Pit.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Sheik gave me no trouble when I played Ganondorf, it was always with my Marth.
You probably played more Sheiks than me, and you probably were a better player anyway.

*But* the reason I was posting is this:

"walgork G"

Funniest misspelling ever? :laugh:

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Roy is MUCH cooler then Marth.

Marth may be stronger and faster but Roy is way ahead of Marth cool-wise.

Sakurai chose Marth instead of Roy because he wanted alot of female characters.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well as a pure marth main,, i had a LOT of ugly experiences with sheiks everywhere i went to fight.

Luckily now i have learned to fight her to the point that just a few sheik users are able to stand toe to toe with me...and just one of them is my true counter.

I hate her, with akk i have,

Thanks that now in Brawl things are more even.

T-major

Smash Champion

Hippochinfat, why are you back? want me to get you banned... again?

everyone, just ignore him. he's a troll, remember? I know Okysho does...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

So I guess the fact that Marth actually returned for a sequel means he's hated right?

So I guess the fact that Japan actually hated Roy's game means he's cool right?

Maybe it's the fact that Roy was put in the last minute as an advertisement for FE6 (which sucked btw) that make's him so worthy of praise.

Or is it that his hair isn't a wierd color like blue (despite it being an extremely popular color hair for protagonists to have).

Did Roy get his own anime? Is Roy getting an internationalized remake? Did Roy actually equip the Fire Emblem itself? Did Roy get his own moveset?

Look who's cooler now *****!

Okysho

Smash Ace

Do you see Roy anywhere?

*looks left*

*looks right*

Hm... Where is he? OH THAT'S RIGHT! He wasn't "Cool" enough to return! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! You forget the crucial factor that ROY ISN'T IN BRAWL YOU NOOB!

Face the music. You're a loser in denial that can't get over Roy's scrapping. Marth has had so much more media then him and is well deserving of it because of it's awesomeness. Roy however has had JACK ****! Why? CUZ HE SUCKS! His game sold about as well as a PS3 except on a smaller scale and got really ****ty reviews! Have you played it? It freaking sucks! I couldn't get past chapter 9 it was so annoying!

Roy has nothing. Roy is gone. Ike has replaced him. Roy has been erased from the smash world as we know it, unless people (like you) will still hopelessly cling to Melee, whilst the rest of the world advances on to brawl.

I wish I had some more flashy banners and stuff to illustrate your TOTAL FAILURE! That's right this isn't even epic... it's just sad...

Move out of your mother's basement and accept the facts. I don't if you like Roy than Marth, but what you're doing is just sad. You simply cannot accept that Marth is not only more popular, but has had more games, more media coverage and is the first (and currently the most recent) Lord in Fire Emblem.

TOTAL FAILURE

I'm adding you to my ignore list, however I think it's best to report your stupidity as well

GenG

Smash Lord
Roy isn't cool. Is one of the worst lords, sharing the spot for the worst ever with Eliwood. Just Melee made people believe he was somewhat cool, and his game wasn't even out. I think Melee overdid the character.

In Brawl he is just a sticker. Nothing more.

Mewtwo, for instance, was cool. I don't understand why he was removed. Such a loved character in the Pokémon franchise...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
It's hilarious how you guys get all worked up about a troll, rofl.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=146382

free tippers for marth? =o
It'll depened completely on how far away your opponent is to beggin with, if theyre Reaaally close. no free tippers. but if you can sweetspot it. (Sweetspoting Tipper + Perfect sheild = Harder than just sweetspoting a tipper.) It'll be deadly.

but Tippers are always deadly. so..

Irow

Smash Ace
Well Perfect Shield, forward b sounds more viable at lower percent. A perfect shield forward smash could obliterate at high percents, same with the up b.

Well, I'm gonna boot up my Melee and practice my powershielding. If I can do it in Melee, I can do it in Brawl with a lot more consistency.

I think this will be mega important to me, considering my secondary at the moment is Ganondorf.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Well Perfect Shield, forward b sounds more viable at lower percent. A perfect shield forward smash could obliterate at high percents, same with the up b.

Well, I'm gonna boot up my Melee and practice my powershielding. If I can do it in Melee, I can do it in Brawl with a lot more consistency.

I think this will be mega important to me, considering my secondary at the moment is Ganondorf.
And that your doing the Marth Guide.

Irow

Smash Ace
Yup, if you guys haven't heard - I'm the one writing the Marth guide. If you have anything important to Marth's game, drop me a private message.

If you try to write a Marth guide before me, don't. Mine's will be better, jk. But if we could get M2K or Ken over to our side, we could get a lot of good Marth information on Brawl.

Marth and Link are my current main characters. So I'll also be working on some Link things as well. Unless I find that Link doesn't cover Marth's weak matchup's, my direct secondary will be a character who takes down people who have a good chance against Marth.

According to most people, Marth doesn't handle campy projectiles well. So I'm already planning to play Pit, as he can approach and reflect projectiles at the same time. So expect me to be playing a lot of Marth and Pit in the beginning tournaments. My Ganon and Link will also be awesome.

What are you guys planning to play other than Marth?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Yup, if you guys haven't heard - I'm the one writing the Marth guide. If you have anything important to Marth's game, drop me a private message.

If you try to write a Marth guide before me, don't. Mine's will be better, jk. But if we could get M2K or Ken over to our side, we could get a lot of good Marth information on Brawl.

Marth and Link are my current main characters. So I'll also be working on some Link things as well. Unless I find that Link doesn't cover Marth's weak matchup's, my direct secondary will be a character who takes down people who have a good chance against Marth.

According to most people, Marth doesn't handle campy projectiles well. So I'm already planning to play Pit, as he can approach and reflect projectiles at the same time. So expect me to be playing a lot of Marth and Pit in the beginning tournaments. My Ganon and Link will also be awesome.

PT, Lucario, WWLink...

Okysho

Smash Ace

If you leave anything important out of the main story I'll let you know...

As for my secondary mains... probably anyone with a sword... and DDD I'll try... and Sonic and I'll try snake...

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
So I guess the fact that Marth actually returned for a sequel means he's hated right?

So I guess the fact that Japan actually hated Roy's game means he's cool right?

Maybe it's the fact that Roy was put in the last minute as an advertisement for FE6 (which sucked btw) that make's him so worthy of praise.

Or is it that his hair isn't a wierd color like blue (despite it being an extremely popular color hair for protagonists to have).

Did Roy get his own anime? Is Roy getting an internationalized remake? Did Roy actually equip the Fire Emblem itself? Did Roy get his own moveset?

Look who's cooler now *****!
Wait wait wait.

You don't speak for a nation and you have no source.

If anything Roy is COOLER because he doesn't have an anime. It's anime.

Marth is getting an internationalized remake but it's already ruined since we know Marth is in it. Roy was going to get a remake by the way but he declined since he was to busy at Bikini Island.

Again, Marth only returned because Sakurai wanted more female characters.

Deary, if you knew anything about Fire Emblem you would know Roy started that whole blue hair trend back in the 90s. He then changed his hair to red later since it's so much cooler.

Yes, I see who is cooler now. It's still Roy.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Wait wait wait.

You don't speak for a nation and you have no source.

If anything Roy is COOLER because he doesn't have an anime. It's anime.

Marth is getting an internationalized remake but it's already ruined since we know Marth is in it. Roy was going to get a remake by the way but he declined since he was to busy at Bikini Island.

Again, Marth only returned because Sakurai wanted more female characters.

Deary, if you knew anything about Fire Emblem you would know Roy started that whole blue hair trend back in the 90s. He then changed his hair to red later since it's so much cooler.

Yes, I see who is cooler now. It's still Roy.
You SO win this topic.

Top Bottom