• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Okysho

Smash Ace
Wait wait wait.

You don't speak for a nation and you have no source.

If anything Roy is COOLER because he doesn't have an anime. It's anime.

Marth is getting an internationalized remake but it's already ruined since we know Marth is in it. Roy was going to get a remake by the way but he declined since he was to busy at Bikini Island.

Again, Marth only returned because Sakurai wanted more female characters.

Deary, if you knew anything about Fire Emblem you would know Roy started that whole blue hair trend back in the 90s. He then changed his hair to red later since it's so much cooler.

Yes, I see who is cooler now. It's still Roy.
First off, anime is awesome, if you like smash bros, you can't say you don't like anime, else PHAIL! Not only that,but you can't say you don't like anime also, because even if you're a Roy supporter Roy's art style is anime style. Second phail for you! noob! Bikini Island is a sad excuse for people who can't get over that a character isn't returning. Mewtwo it was ok as a joke, but Roy is a clone. Something people just can't get over... THIRD PHAIL!!! THREE STRIKES YOU'RE HOMERUNBATTED OUTTA THERE!!!

A fourth phail I think is worth pointing out. Notice how he didn't go after my post? That's cuz it was too full of a Marth critical hit for him to dodge and he got pwned!

Second, I has reported dis noob. Your stupidity will no longer be within our midst... Farewell Hopeless man. I hope you never leave your mothers basement and live as a loser for the rest of your life

Irow

Smash Ace
Man, my thread is like dead right now. Lol, nobody has anymore Marth questions. I guess I should prepare myself for the income of spam and stupid questions that are going to posted as threads when Brawl comes out in America. Why can't people just go to the question thread?

Okysho

Smash Ace
I'm going to that actually, I doubt they'll have the unlocked characters... So it looks like I'm going Pit or Link for this.
I actually don't live in the states, I can't say as to which tournaments I'll be competing in either... I've only ever completed in one, and I didn't have time to finish it, but that was back when I was still a pikachu user... right before I switched actually... Either way... I'd have to look for local tournaments in my area... but no one where I live is that competitive about SSBB aside from a few hardcore fans like T-maj...

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
First off, anime is awesome, if you like smash bros, you can't say you don't like anime, else PHAIL! Not only that,but you can't say you don't like anime also, because even if you're a Roy supporter Roy's art style is anime style. Second phail for you! noob! Bikini Island is a sad excuse for people who can't get over that a character isn't returning. Mewtwo it was ok as a joke, but Roy is a clone. Something people just can't get over... THIRD PHAIL!!! THREE STRIKES YOU'RE HOMERUNBATTED OUTTA THERE!!!

A fourth phail I think is worth pointing out. Notice how he didn't go after my post? That's cuz it was too full of a Marth critical hit for him to dodge and he got pwned!

Second, I has reported dis noob. Your stupidity will no longer be within our midst... Farewell Hopeless man. I hope you never leave your mothers basement and live as a loser for the rest of your life
What the hell. Man stop overreacting, he was obviously joking. Can't take a Marth joke or what? :ohwell:

Unless you're joking too?...

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Yeah well he seemed quite serious in that last paragraph. And how do we know that other guy is an idiot? I mean, he wasn't serious neither...

Okysho

Smash Ace
What the hell. Man stop overreacting, he was obviously joking. Can't take a Marth joke or what? :ohwell:

Unless you're joking too?...
Have you seen this guy's other posts? check the Marth support thread... he's actually bashing... something I won't tolerate, especially in my thread...

Irow: I actually live in Canada. Windsor, right on the border. I'll send you my Wii number if you want

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
This guy's more of a problem than you know. The Marth boards are typically more stick on spam than other boards, and that's why our melee boards were so clean. If this guy is just going to keep spamming and flaming, then he needs to either leave by his own choice, or be kicked out by force.

-Ran

Smash Master
Hm, Marth is shaping up more and more in my mind. His defensive metagame is going to be pretty **** great.

1) He has his sword range, and thus is able to keep out of the grab range of most characters. You'll be operating with Tipping, so it will natural to remain at a distance in this regard.
2) His grab is still decent in size [above average]. Shielding in this game will be more important.
3) Marth has more ways to deal with avoiding damage than other characters: Counter, Shielding, Power Shielding, Ground Dodge [Shield+Down], and his natural mobility.
4) His Counter does far more damage.

When someone approaches Marth, they are going to have to do respect the possibility of counter if they attempt to punish after an attack, more so than ever. Given the range of his sword, and the typical style of play, he won't be easy to throw punish after a failed Shielding, but most of his opponents will be within his own range to punish. =X

Just some idle musings...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Man, my thread is like dead right now. Lol, nobody has anymore Marth questions. I guess I should prepare myself for the income of spam and stupid questions that are going to posted as threads when Brawl comes out in America. Why can't people just go to the question thread?
Same. /sigh

But nobody puts videos in the same formating as me. they're just like.

HERES A LINK OKAY HAVE FUN BAI.

<_< Its gonna be insane when Brawl hits the States...

OMG VIDEO OF A KEN COMBO.

Yeah we've had those.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't really bankrupcy since the project was funded by Nintnedo (at the time, now it's intelligent systems which is a 2nd person company) but apparently it got low viewings and was cancelled. Disappointing since I thought they were great! I'm gonna ask them to revive the project after FE11 release.
Ah, okay. I could've swore that I read that long ago somewhere...

Nice banner, SilentDrifterZ.

Oh, and Hippochinfat's remarks confused me: in the Marth Support Thread long ago, he said he thought Marth was cool but doubted his return because he has blue hair and a sword (a la Ike):

Hippochinfat said:
I really really really really liked Marth in Melee and I'm a fan of fire emblem and I would love to see Marth return but I really doubt he'll return...2 blue haired swordsman from the same series? I don't see that happening.

BTW if you're going to reply to this post can your post not be something like "Well you support Roy so blah blah I'm a **** blah blah "
^- I had to do some digging in the original topic to find that.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Okysho I didn't reply to your first post because it just you saying "GHNJ MMNNJHN HAHA PHAIl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 PHAIL!!!!!!!!!1 YOU PHAIL GET OUT OF UR MUMS BASMENT FAIl!!!! PHAILURE!!!!"

Anyways I just got emailed Roy and he check his email using his Black Berry. How cool is that? If you don't know the answer I'll tell you. Very.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Okysho I didn't reply to your first post because it just you saying "GHNJ MMNNJHN HAHA PHAIl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 PHAIL!!!!!!!!!1 YOU PHAIL GET OUT OF UR MUMS BASMENT FAIl!!!! PHAILURE!!!!"

Anyways I just got emailed Roy and he check his email using his Black Berry. How cool is that? If you don't know the answer I'll tell you. Very.
1.) Your a nerd. only nerds have blackberries.
2.) Roy dosent have a blackberry. he isnt a nerd, he's just not cool. at all.
3.) Your an overly desprate fanboy/girl/it/potatoe. Your all like "OMG I <3 ROY AND W/O HIM MY HEART WOULD BE SO DARK AND LONELY OMG I WISH I COULD EMAIL HIM THAT WOULD BE SO COOL <3 <3 <3 <3"

Nice try.

The Defenders win again!

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
....I got a haircut today...and it looks like Marth's hair XD

It was suppose to look like a character from another game for a cosplay I'm doing but when my friend put on a headband of hers, I looked disturbingly like Marth. Now if only my hair was bluer.

What do you guys think?
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6379/marthalikenessmn5.png

It's really hard to photoshop black hair <<. Anyway, I am wearing a headband but it's black so you can't really see it in the unedit image of me in the middle lol. I'll get a better photo later if you guys aren't....well disturbed.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord

It was suppose to look like a character from another game for a cosplay I'm doing but when my friend put on a headband of hers, I looked disturbingly like Marth. Now if only my hair was bluer.

What do you guys think?

It's really hard to photoshop black hair <<. Anyway, I am wearing a headband but it's black so you can't really see it in the unedit image of me in the middle lol. I'll get a better photo later if you guys aren't....well disturbed.
Im not rating, lol.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
lol worked out better than my hair when I attempted to cosplay as Marth... At any rate... got lotsa work, can't promise anything for a while... yes real life indeed sucks
dont't ya mean "it suks to be me/you/us" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhAwCkqya0. (if you have play tales of phantasia (or any tales of saga) or see the anime, you will love the video).

and awesome marth's hair "SilentDrifterZ", i certainly envy you.

well i have one quick question, do marth's dancing blade (last hit) can actually kill someone (i have seen very decent knokback from enemies on 115 %)?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
dont't ya mean "it suks to be me/you/us" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhAwCkqya0. (if you have play tales of phantasia (or any tales of saga) or see the anime, you will love the video).

and awesome marth's hair "SilentDrifterZ", i certainly envy you.

well i have one quick question, do marth's dancing blade (last hit) can actually kill someone (i have seen very decent knokback from enemies on 115 %)?
Marth Q&A thread. is the place to go.

Your welcome, Irow.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

What do you guys think?

Im not rating, lol.
Ill rate!!:devil:

Lol, well the front of the haircut looks pretty similar. The parts in the sides looks with too much hair.

And you seem to be a chubby marth :D it seems that marth started to hang out a lot after he liberated akanea :p

just a joke dont take it personal ;)

but the hair is cool tho.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Hm, Marth is shaping up more and more in my mind. His defensive metagame is going to be pretty **** great.

1) He has his sword range, and thus is able to keep out of the grab range of most characters. You'll be operating with Tipping, so it will natural to remain at a distance in this regard.
2) His grab is still decent in size [above average]. Shielding in this game will be more important.
3) Marth has more ways to deal with avoiding damage than other characters: Counter, Shielding, Power Shielding, Ground Dodge [Shield+Down], and his natural mobility.
4) His Counter does far more damage.

When someone approaches Marth, they are going to have to do respect the possibility of counter if they attempt to punish after an attack, more so than ever. Given the range of his sword, and the typical style of play, he won't be easy to throw punish after a failed Shielding, but most of his opponents will be within his own range to punish. =X

Just some idle musings...
Good analysis. However, I've been thinking about that Counter too (since it's my favorite move ever aside from the Shoulder Bash), and I've noticed that since it lasts for quite long, Marth will be more vulnerable to a grabbing counterattack if the player misses its timing.

Just some idle musings of my own. :p

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Ill rate!!:devil:

Lol, well the front of the haircut looks pretty similar. The parts in the sides looks with too much hair.

And you seem to be a chubby marth :D it seems that marth started to hang out a lot after he liberated akanea :p

just a joke dont take it personal ;)

but the hair is cool tho.
XD it wasn't even intentional. It'll probably grow out in a couple of weeks to fit the character I'm suppose to do.

Irow

Smash Ace
Counter always had a big risk in it. The reason it's not widely used in Melee, is because the risk isn't worth the reward. Marth's counter was one of his worst moves.

In Brawl however, the risk is finally worth the reward. Counter is finally significantly powerful enough to be used.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Counter always had a big risk in it. The reason it's not widely used in Melee, is because the risk isn't worth the reward. Marth's counter was one of his worst moves.

In Brawl however, the risk is finally worth the reward. Counter is finally significantly powerful enough to be used.
Before it was a decent defense move. Okay for getting past edgeguards, a slow fall (Just for a little bit)... Dont forget its defensive properties too.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
1.) Your a nerd. only nerds have blackberries.
2.) Roy dosent have a blackberry. he isnt a nerd, he's just not cool. at all.
3.) Your an overly desprate fanboy/girl/it/potatoe. Your all like "OMG I <3 ROY AND W/O HIM MY HEART WOULD BE SO DARK AND LONELY OMG I WISH I COULD EMAIL HIM THAT WOULD BE SO COOL <3 <3 <3 <3"

Nice try.

The Defenders win again!
Having a black berry USED TO be nerdy but then Roy got one. Roy is quite the trend starter!

I'm not like that at all. I rarely get to see Roy anymore since he's always busy going to interviews, winning awards, donating money to charity and acting in movies. He's even a personal trainer now! I'm used to not seeing him. Besides I email him alot, we're good friends. I'm going to see him at the oscars tonight. He's nomintated for best director, best actor, best supporting actor and much more.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i mained marth in melee. is he still gong to be top tier and as great as before ? i have had soo much fun with him. im stil ldecided to main him again or try something new.../ better?

Top Bottom