• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt07

Smash Master
No biggie if this get's unstickied, we type in here like everyday so :p.

By the way did you guys get recorded at C3? I hope you did, and what place did you guys place in.

Edit: Good, some unwanted stickies have been unstickied. Thanks Hylian (Wow, did that ever sound sarcarstic O.o, but I didn't mean for it to be.)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Hopefully this will stop all the talk of MK being broken/banned?
Nah. This is Smashboards, remember? People are still thinking that Snake is terribly broken.

In other news: Today I'll be going back home for thanksgiving, where I'll be having a solid connection for WiFi. If people want to play my Mario, Link, or Ike, you guys can PM me sometime after 7 PM EST, which is when I should be home. I know a bunch of you guys PMed me before but I couldn't accept the matches.

Oh, and hope you like the new avatar.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, sweet avatar HeroMystic. It's pretty sweet, you always have cool looking avatars :p.

So...basically for Christmas I'm just asking for Chrono Trigger DS, Wii Point Cards (Want all the Metroid Games/Super Mario RPG, other games.) And a Gamecube controller *crosses fingers hope they still them*, and a Classic Controller. And Sonic Unleashed looks friggen sweet.

Also gonna buy Starcraft 2 with my Christmas money when it comes out.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
So...basically for Christmas I'm just asking for Chrono Trigger DS, Wii Point Cards (Want all the Metroid Games/Super Mario RPG, other games.) And a Gamecube controller *crosses fingers hope they still them*, and a Classic Controller. And Sonic Unleashed looks friggen sweet.

Also gonna buy Starcraft 2 with my Christmas money when it comes out.
I think they still have platinum GC controllers where I am, not any other colors though. I've wanted an orange one for awhile now XD

Sonic unleashed looks epic, but I hear the werehog parts are nothing short of terrible. What's more, you play that thing more than regular Sonic. Sega never learns...I play Sonic games to...you know...play Sonic; not some spinoff.

I'm gonna buy like 3 Starcraft 2's when they come out :psycho:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Wait what?

You have to play Werehog more than Sonic!? O_o

(Oh, and Brawl's going in the dumpster when I get Starcraft 2)

Matt07

Smash Master
Uugh, what more Werehog Sonic then the Blue Blure :(. Ah well, I'll still enjoy nice. And nice we're all getting Starcraft 2, we should like all play together when we pick it up on B-net :).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Lol yes, but no one on campus plays Maylay on a competitive level. =|

So I rented Unleashed for the Wii... and I beat it in under 12 hours. The game's decent, but Werehog really kills it for me. To rate it, I'd have to give it a 7/10. Best Sonic game in recent times, but the adventure series was more grand.

I'm glad I only rented it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I would but I don't really have anyone I can test it with.

It -looks- useful, but I'm not seeing the magic right now. Maybe a potential Grab-release to Epic Spike setup.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hopefully, but I don't really think so I've tried on a lot of characters and didn't really find any Grab release combos :(.

Poor Mario :(.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQBz4tFPSi0

Ooh that, I just saw the video, I don't know if it's really useful, maybe pull off a back throw (f throw the one that K.O's earlier) for an easy K.O

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥If anyone's interested, I found this really intriguing picture on the Online Tournament boards! ^__^

♥Credit goes to Mr. Cloudfox! ;)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Turns out jump release to F-air (spike) is inescapable on Wario. Off course, His feet must not be touching the ground, so this is limited to only if you grab him at the edge. Still, good way to get an easy kill.
Can't you grab break if someone's holding you at the ledge?

Matt07

Smash Master
Guys, who wants to do a Mario FFA? I need 3 other people to join, just post here and I'll add you all and we can play.

Matt07

Smash Master
Urgh double post. But why is it when other mains go to MK should be banned thread they don't get face palmed, or spammed, but when do other people have problems >.<.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol well me Mystic, and Boss decided to visit the MK Should/Will Be Banned Thread, and well I kinda spammed it (For the win), and some stuff was said.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol well me Mystic, and Boss decided to visit the MK Should/Will Be Banned Thread, and well I kinda spammed it (For the win), and some stuff was said.
LMFAO :laugh:

Mario boards ftmfw!

Dude...I'm late for everything XD

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol, I voted yes in a heartbeat. I'm glad to see other DDD mains agreeing with the ban.

The downside?
We can pwn Dedede's now :p.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I think with Infinite banned, it'd be 60:40 DDD. The chaingrab still hurts. =| (Unless I can finally put that camping to the real test...)

But a few DDD mains are saying without the infinite it'd be in Mario's advantage.

lol at the polls though.

63% = Yes.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol yea, I'm liking the way that this is going.

But it's ultimately up to the SBR, and I don't think to many SBR members main the 5, which is a good/bad thing, at least the votes won't be biased.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You guys need to start voting yes then (DDD mains are even voting yes). Because we're outnumbered by the rest of the mains. :|

Btw Matt, my starcraft disc is too mangled to play with. I'll have to buy a new set.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, I voted yes in a heartbeat :chuckle:.

And okay, that's sucks, I could maybe send the CD File or something? Lol it's the internet you can probably get the CD from somewhere, as long as you didn't lose the CD Key.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'll just buy a new set when I can. Shouldn't take too long.

[10:08] <Li> that's if you want to read it, it's left to right though, cause it's korean, not japanese
[10:22] <Marco> I'm too busy arguing about Brawl. :|
[10:23] <Li> lol
[10:28] <Captain_SNES> Why are you arguing over Brawl? Settle it the same way you settle everything else in Brawl.
[10:28] <Marco> They're talking about banning infinites in tournaments.
[10:30] <Captain_SNES> Infinities?
[10:35] <Marco> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5deubEfZ8&feature=related
[10:35] <Marco> 3:37
[10:35] <Marco> you'll see it
[10:39] <Li> Oh you mean like DKs v+B?
[10:40] <Captain_SNES> That is kind of cheap. Nobody likes being unable to do anything to defend.
[10:40] <Marco> No Li, look at the link and go to 3:37 :p
[10:42] <Li> I say there is nothing wrong with that
[10:42] <Li> If you manage to pull it off you deserve to own the other person
[10:43] <Marco> here's the thing: You don't 'manage' to pull it off. It is in fact very easy to do. The DDD player just didn't want to do it unless he was in a bind.
[10:46] <Li> Yeah but grabbing a person that moves aroudn alot is not that easy
[10:46] <Li> BUt I really doubt people would just pull that out at the begingin of a match and abuse it
[10:46] <Marco> you have no idea `_`
[10:48] <Marco> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2sz-ZRzkl4
[10:48] <Li> Then ban those people
[10:49] <Marco> lol you can't ban people XD
[10:50] <Li> yeah you can
[10:50] <Li> "Unsportsman like conduct"
[10:51] <Marco> I'd say that too. However, this is america. We don't play for fun, we play to win. :|
[10:52] <Li> That's why I wouldn't ban the move
Let's ban the whole community! =D

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol xD. The part about playing to win is so true. When I can go to tournaments meeting new smashers and friends is better then any tournament prize.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ask Hylian, he's been locking a lot of our threads lately. Also, you guys never come to The Pipe House, I'm always checking up there and you guys rarly post.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm...Xyro's thread made me wonder. Maybe Boss, Monk, Bo, and other Mario mains made them realize that Mario always had potentional in tournaments.

I looked at Xyro's result thread and there was 3 Mario's in top 9 :D. He's like the MK of low tier xD.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...Xyro's thread made me wonder. Maybe Boss, Monk, Bo, and other Mario mains made them realize that Mario always had potentional in tournaments.

I looked at Xyro's result thread and there was 3 Mario's in top 9 :D. He's like the MK of low tier xD.
I played in a tournament over the summer with about 50 or so smashers in it. Mario got in the final round and came in second!! The tournament was for melee rather than brawl though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom