• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
u guys wanna give an official name to cape stalling on ledge since we haven't lol? call it CLS for cape ledge stall?

also im thinking of once i finish the matchups in my guide (yes i know they need restructuring and all that bs) but how about we make a counterpick list of vs. chars i'll add it in my guide lol so it gets moar use. for the list it should have the best cps and worst so u know which to choose and not to choose for the specific matchups cps can make a big difference >.>

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
why bother? mario is the obvious answer to every character in the roster. lol
*AND IM HATING THIS YOUTUBE DOWN TIME!! OH MY JESUS!*

and wheres the pipe house? sounds exciting. lmao

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
A counterpick list seems fine to me, although Mario only really needs it for his worst match-ups like DDD and Metaknight... which are like his two only very bad match-ups.

You weren't invited to the Pipe House, J-Prep? Just PM Famous and he'll let you in.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
A counterpick list seems fine to me, although Mario only really needs it for his worst match-ups like DDD and Metaknight... which are like his two only very bad match-ups.

You weren't invited to the Pipe House, J-Prep? Just PM Famous and he'll let you in.
nah i was, i just dont remember where it was lol
but i got it now

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Why am I not in the Pipe house? You guys haven't forgotten that I invented Up-B out of shield DID YOU? ;_;

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Everyone's allowed XD

They closed his thread though (for no reason might I add) so getting all the names was kinda difficult.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If you want in on the Pipe House just PM Famous and I'm sure he'll let you in.

Mario_101, that sounds like a good idea.

Matt07

Smash Master
I noticed a lot of other Boards have a Chat Thread, it'd be pretty cool if someone who knew how to program to get one as well.

Matt07

Smash Master
Link boards, Ganon boards, and a few others have created a Chat Room, in their General Discussion Thread, we're it's like an IM kinda thingy. It's hard to explain xD.

I like my avatar :D.

Edit: Moderators are going around closing General Threads/Chat Room Threads, they attract spam and stuff...so I'm just saying my 'goodbyes' to this thread ;).

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol...Mario looks freaking amazing with the Santa Hat and the 'iShroom.'

I just copied the Santa hat picture, I actually didn't draw it :laugh:.

Anyone is free to take it, it's Christmas :).

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I used Microsoft paint :laugh:

Awhile back, I had photoshop. That was a huge step down. Still got the job done, lol

Matt07

Smash Master
I prefer Paint over Photoshop...like I've seen some videos of what people can do in Paint, it's pretty amazing. Photoshop is just hella hard to use, for me. I just know how to do very basic things.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I prefer Paint over Photoshop...like I've seen some videos of what people can do in Paint, it's pretty amazing. Photoshop is just hella hard to use, for me. I just know how to do very basic things.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just...from one extreme to the other, lol.

I'd rather have all the options I need + more, than to have most of the options I need, and be missing a few. I wouldn't know what Paint is fully capable of though, I barely ever use it.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
*holds up giant neon sign reading: "Needs Moar Matador"*

lol, no but seriously i need ppl to play online

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hi everyone. I'm a Mario main again guys.

Just saying. Mario is too good. Besides, I hear a few people say I do better with Mario than with G&W. O_o

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I honestly don't see why G&W is so hard. Nearly everything Mario does (or CAN do) is faster than him. He's got the priority and the juggles, but if he's slow and predictable...

He doesn't even kill that much earlier than we do...Since he's so light, Usmash kills at 100.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
G&W is hard due to his spacing ability. If the player just runs in going "LOL TURTLE TURTLE!" and expects to win, it's not going to happen, but if G&W spaces effectively then it can be big trouble.

I would know this since I had to fight G&W at my last tourney, and I had to CP with Ike. ~_~

Mario of course, does have the tools to win, although not easily. If you know how to fight G&W effectively then you won't really have to abuse FIHL, although it gives you the edge.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't see why G&W is so hard. Nearly everything Mario does (or CAN do) is faster than him. He's got the priority and the juggles, but if he's slow and predictable...

He doesn't even kill that much earlier than we do...Since he's so light, Usmash kills at 100.
I was thinking about that matchup the other day. (I got 2 stocked)

I was relying on fludd too much. Without a decent followup afterwards. I didnt punish his Bair with OOS Upb everytime. Didnt punish his Dair correctly, 2nd hit of it would always get with me. Nair was a monster. Still havent thought of a decent punishment for that one. Fair stays out pretty long, so he'd just nudge me with it at times to attempt a gimp on me.

Only thing I'm on point with is shooting fireballs. & cape. :laugh:

The main thing that was killing me was the stage and his playstyle. Constant offensive on BF. Throwing out attacks nonstop, but safetly,.

Guess it's back to the drawing board. :chuckle:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I actually just played G&W on WiFi about three times. He was better than the one I played at the tourney.

I used Ike first round, got hurt pretty bad (2-stocked) due to WiFi not allowing me to space well. Then I decided to say 'screw it' and switched to Mario.

I must say... while the first round was close... the next two were pure ****. Matador is right, Mario's aerials come out faster than G&W's in almost all categories. Once you're inside you can combo him pretty heavily, and U-air comes out faster than G&W's D-air, which means you can attack under G&W. It's just like how Matador said... it's not even hard to KO G&W at all. Only takes 110% to kill with U-Smash. Plus, it's awesome to abuse G&W's delay on the bucket. He tries to bucket it while he's at 100%, it's a free F-Smash.

1st match I got 1-stocked
2nd match I 3-stocked G&W
3rd match I 2-stocked G&W

I'm leaning towards 60:40 G&W now, but I've yet to meet a G&W that actually spaces.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I actually fireball hoping that they'll bucket. I'm not sure if good ones bucket or if they don't, but if they do and I'm close, that's free % that he can't afford to pick-up. I still need to play a really good one. Soon enough though.

Edit: BoX7's so good now...it's silly.

BigB has picked up Brawl again, and his Mario is the most defensive one I've ever played...

JO~P is **** with his Fair. He makes it look like a good move.

Just an update on some of the great Marios right now.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Well one thing I've learned about G&W is that he has a hard time getting an agressive Mario off him once Mario gets inside his range. Also, the cape helps a lot in this match-up as well as the FLUDD; you can cape all his aerials and his moves on the ground. What I usually do in this match-up is start off defensive with the FLUDD and stay on him once I'm able to get inside his range.

PS: I strongly think this match-up is 60:40 in G&W's favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom