• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt07

Smash Master
I hate Game and Watch's up B, stage spike for the loss. I also hate caping Peach's recovery, because she can re-float back to the edge and grab it. Her Parasol has Über mindgames :laugh:.

Matt07

Smash Master
Haha, because Peach baked me a cake...and I had to go through a castle to rescue her, for a friggen cake :mad:.

I hope the SBR considers banning DDD grabbing infinites I heard some pretty good arguments, and I think it should be, like I hear the phrase don't get grabbed, one mistake and your done for, it's impossible for a human to play perfect, space perfectly. We make mistakes, and then we're done for. Unless our ledge game is near perfect like's Monk's but like...we're not Monk :(.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Monk's ledge control/camping is honestly the best way to fight DDD. DDD's infinite makes him near impossible to safely approach but you can still camp him and force him to approach. DDD's waddles block fireballs but FLUDD goes through them, yah it's boring that it becomes a camping match but you can badly punish him if you can force him to approach. DDD isn't downright awful against ledge camping but he isn't very good against it either, you can get some nasty dmg on him off stage and he isn't too hard to gimp either. DDD is Mario's hardest match-up but it isn't impossible. I'd much rather CP to fight DDD head on than kill him through endless camping, but if you want to stick with Mario it's not impossible if you're very, very, very patient.

Matt07

Smash Master
So, what do you guys think about a Mario Back Room of some-sort? Just post stuff about Mario/tricks whatever. Or we could just use this thread, what ever you guys prefer.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
A back room would be nice just to avoid other non-mains here (besides the peach mains. They're always welcome ;) ), and have in-depth discussions about techniques and what Mario can do about specific situations.

Otherwise we're fine as it is. I like the community we have, although we only have like 10 mains here. >_>

Matt07

Smash Master
:laugh: I love the community here, we're a small group, but we're very friendly compared to other boards, I've posted in sometimes. Like I don't see why I'm not allowed to visit other character boards, but oh well.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Uair drop from Ledge>Up B. Use this carefully and its golden. I leaned this from Monk, and it helped me a lot since then.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Uair drop from Ledge>Up B. Use this carefully and its golden. I leaned this from Monk, and it helped me a lot since then.
I like using that as a surprise attack, too. Also, Mario's Up-B is a shoryuken!! Guess he learned some things from Ryu...:laugh:

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm, the only thing I hate is when you miss the ledge with up B, and get punished with lag. But practice makes you better :). And sorry Mario_101, I don't watch Wrestling so I wouldn't get the reference :p. although I have a friend who used to watch it, and knew a lot of the moves :laugh:.

Matt07

Smash Master
Greatest thing happened to me today on All is Brawl ladder :laugh:.

I was fighting a Metaknight, and we were pretty even until the last stock I got completely owned. So I saw him getting a little greedy by using Glide Attack quite a bit, so I had a full charged FLUUD, so he used the Glide Attack, and he went a little too far out to grab the edge, used my FLUUD and I K.O'd him at like 33%, and prevented him from grabbing the edge. I was like at 150%. I was like pretty freaking lucky :laugh:.

Anyone else have something similar like this?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I think we Marios need to start practicing with Cape teleport more...

I actually was able to do it in a Doubles friendly against a Ganondorf, and he actually didn't move for like... a second. More than enough time for me to get a B-air off.

Sadly it was on Yoshi's Island where the stage spike sucks.

But yeah, we need to get Cape Teleport down.

Matt07

Smash Master
I would, but the timing is very strict, and only works against two characters so far. Maybe it will work on more through more 'testing'.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I would, but the timing is very strict, and only works against two characters so far. Maybe it will work on more through more 'testing'.
I think it works on a lot of characters; I've done it to Sheik and Mario, and HeroMystic said he did it to a Ganondorf which leaves us with CF and Marth too.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
*reads Ness match-up thread*

Wow... that was just sad.
Seriously...wtf? They quit the thread because they were losing. Kanzaki and I were ready to go all day till they quit dodging the question "Do you have tourney experience to back this up?"

Lmao, I love how I can say that now

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The only problem I've ever had with Ness was his F-air. Otherwise he hasn't been much of a problem. >_> How in the world does that make it even? XD Feels wrong if you ask me.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
We stopped being all "buddy buddy" once I decided that this isn't even a hard matchup in the slightest. I can't believe people were still trying to argue 55:45.

Mario is bad for Ness. No doubt in my mind. I don't give a rat's *** if they don't agree, they'll figure it out.

Matt07

Smash Master
:laugh:, I was actually thinking it to be 55-45 in Mario's advantage, but majority of you guys says it's higher, so I believe you guys.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Nah, even I can say it's not 55:45. The only reason why Ness beats Mario's airgame is because of F-air being more or less a barrier. Otherwise we beat him in the air as well as ground game, and shut out projectiles.

Not to mention we gimp him rather badly.

Matt07

Smash Master
^Haha, yea true.
I just love using FLUUD to 'gimp' Ness' or Lucas', it just makes me smile xD.

Your 1k posts above me Hero, I was trying to avoid that xD.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Ness is trash...seriously. The only thing he has going for him is the fair and bair other then that...he gets *****.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Seriously...wtf? They quit the thread because they were losing. Kanzaki and I were ready to go all day till they quit dodging the question "Do you have tourney experience to back this up?"

Lmao, I love how I can say that now
Half the Ness board doesn't have any tourney experiences, and they were the ones talking.. the ones WITH experience, was quiet, cause they knew what's up ^^

Someone play Animal Crossing or COD:WaW with me :D

Or 2v2? I like 2v2 :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom