• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt07

Smash Master
No, I didn't get spammed to death, it was much worse, I will post it in the Q&A thread.

That Mario is like our Mario's, really aggresive style compared to air-based style, I totally stopped using b-airs like I used to for some reason, it seems to work wonders against Bowser.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Actually the Bowser just didn't bother shielding. He could've shielded the 2nd string but he tried to retaliate instead.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
My strategy against Bowser is FLUDD him if he tries to approach me and if he starts shielding I'll toss out a fireball or two. As far as actually atking, I perfer Mario's Bair and Dair; Bair when atking him from some distance and Dair when up close. Double Bairs in one SH cover a lot of ground and it juggles decently if Bowser is hit by the first one. Dair to Uair is nice up close since it has no ending lag and pressures his shield nicely. The biggest concern when atking is Bowser's grab since he has great grab range and many grab release combos.

Matt07

Smash Master
Judge Judy, you should get some vids of you playing, I've never seen you play, and you sound like you know FLUUD inside and out, and wanna see what crazy stuff you can do with it :).

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Hmmmm... are there really that little in number for Mario Mains?

♥That's sad.....:confused:

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm, well there are quite a few number of Mario mains maybe 15+ that post here. Some days it's fairly active, others it quite quiet (I hope I didn't get those two mixed up :laugh:.)Come stick around with us ~Peachy~, the more the merrier ;).

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Judge Judy, you should get some vids of you playing, I've never seen you play, and you sound like you know FLUUD inside and out, and wanna see what crazy stuff you can do with it :).
I don't have an SD card or a cam >_>

Matt07

Smash Master
Aww, that sucks, hmm. I could ask a friend to record it for you with a Dazzle, but it all depends on his decision, but we should see if he could do that for us.

Edit: I have a question, I'm getting a lot of support that I'm being to predictable, but it's hard to switch up my game. What do you guys usually do? Do you go from being in the air for however long, then to focusing on the ground? Being unpredictable has been a hurdle I've been trying to get over for months now.

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
Edit: I have a question, I'm getting a lot of support that I'm being to predictable, but it's hard to switch up my game. What do you guys usually do? Do you go from being in the air for however long, then to focusing on the ground? Being unpredictable has been a hurdle I've been trying to get over for months now.
I know what you mean, I always do two aerials in a short hop but I always get shield grabbed...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I use all of Mario's abilities.

The only thing that I do that's predictable is a U-tilt lock. Other than that, I always mix up my game unless I'm guaranteed a combo with U-air. I may shieldgrab if I predict a spotdodge, I may turn around and B-air instead of U-air (recommended for opponents that can protect themselves from below), or I may even stay behind and fireball to piss em off.

There's A LOT you can do with Mario. Never limit yourself.

BTW Judy, I gotta thank you for the FLUDD suggestion against Luigi. I just played against a Luigi and it helped a BUNCH (He still won because he started spamming F-Smash for kills at the end. T_T). It gave me so many openings for U-air combos and F-Smashes.

Seriously guys, use FLUDD against Luigi.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Hmm, well there are quite a few number of Mario mains maybe 15+ that post here. Some days it's fairly active, others it quite quiet (I hope I didn't get those two mixed up :laugh:.)Come stick around with us ~Peachy~, the more the merrier ;).
♥Well, the Mario boards do seem quite normal compared to some other messed up character boards. (That shall remain nameless). ;)

Matt07

Smash Master
♥Well, the Mario boards do seem quite normal compared to some other messed up character boards. (That shall remain nameless). ;)
:laugh: Thanks, but we all have our 'moments' from time to time ;).

I tried doing new stuff with Mario, I thought I had super armour frames when you use FLUUD right away, but I was proven wrong, I tried f-throw against Metaknight to see if it could tech grab, no luck. I tried a lot of things but nothing :(.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Super Mario Galaxy is tons fun, but it's really easy and lacks a lot of difficulty. ._.

It still doesn't beat Super Mario 64.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Super Mario Galaxy was one of the best games I've played in a long time, it felt just like 64. Definitely a smart buy. I'd tell you it's easy, but there are so many parts in that game I wouldn't do again because of how many tries it took me :laugh:

Prolly the best game on the Wii.

....Yea...I said it

Matt07

Smash Master
:laugh:, Okay sweet, even if it's somewhat easy, it'll probably take me forever to beat because I play it for a bit, then go back to Brawl, it's practically stopped me from playing other Wii games.

TheFast

Smash Lord
My friend said that game looks like the stupidest **** ever and will never alow it to be played on his ps3 so i cant try it T.T

Matt07

Smash Master
I used to think Spore was a 'dumb' game, but after seeing it, it kinda changed me mind. Developers put a lot of time into those kind of games, so I learnt how to respect the game, and the effort put into it :).

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
My friend said that game looks like the stupidest **** ever and will never alow it to be played on his ps3 so i cant try it T.T
I hate people like that. Just because the game was obviously made to visually appeal to a younger audience, the gameplay couldn't be better. It's been getting perfect scores left and right. Your friend is probably one of those people who dislike something just because it looks 'kiddy' when its insanely awesome.

Matt07

Smash Master
Haha, I played Pokemon...but not competitively. Knowing 450 pokemon match-up's? No thank you.

Never played Super Paper Mario xD, I need to play some Mario games, :laugh:.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Super Paper Mario was kinda easy, but hey, some of those puzzles were hard to get around.

I found it extremely fun though, despite the difficulty.

EDIT: Heading to tournament.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hm...HeroMystic, should be back soon. Can't wait to here about his results!

So I played against a Dedede, and spammed Fireballs, like severely on Rainbow Cruise, wow I'm suprised I won, I must say.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yes they did have a very good discussion about Mario.

But I wonder what FLUUD does to Rob's recovery has Overswarm said, lol I don't even bother using FLUUD or Cape offstage against him :psycho:.

Oh, I want Mario to stay low tier. More of accomplishment beating higher tiers with him :).

Edit: Thanks for the Sticky guys.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's mainly because all they talked about was 'zomg Luigi's F-smash pwns'.

Overswarm knew plenty about Mario just like what I figured he would, but he along with everyone else? Not entirely.

I seriously stared at the screen blankly when I read that they said Mario's fireball was his best ability he had in his moveset.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
His gimping potential is meh, considering his recovery is also meh. His cape and fludd can do well when used properly... but generally only against characters you can edgeguard without. So you can fludd Ike away so he can't up+b. Big deal, no one else has issues with him either. His fludd does give ROB problems as it totally messes with the amount of fuel he uses. His cape is still great at edgeguarding, but there aren't many good recoveries that are still capable of being caped! Snake, D3, G&W, ROB... they all do fine. MK is difficult to cape as well.

On another note, using his up+b to kill by hitting with the last hit is pretty awesome. You can get some ridiculously low % kills on PS1 with it.

Personally that's what made me star blankly into space tbh.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I honestly don't get what people are talking about when they say his recovery is below average...How do you fastfall an attack like Dair and easily recover? And horizontal recovery? I only have problems when hit at that ridiculous angle by the Spacies or Zelda's Dsmash ONLY because when I make it back, they're ledgehogging. Same deal with someone like Peach or TL right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom