• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Party

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You shouldn't had played it in the hardest mode if you rage quit. =P

UberMario

Smash Master
You shouldn't had played it in the hardest mode if you rage quit. =P
Well if the game is saved every turn it isn't so bad. I know I'd reset each time at Faire Square in MP6 so that the game would give a star for only 5 coins when playing solo. (You have to use the mic in order to influence the number, but it "only" has a chance of doing the one you want about 80% of the time)

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
For some reason, I really like Mario Party 3, 4, 1, 8, and 7.

I want to try to get a vote or a decision on the best qualities of each game and overall.
The best minigame selection, best item selection, best boards, best character handing out stars, best side-options, best music, and MOOOOORE!!

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this is kind of dead.

Anyways, I find Mario Party 5 the best, one of the few that had Koopa Kid in it.

BSP

Smash Legend
I just love E.Gadd Garage. =3
On E. Gadd's Garage, I always got a ton of yellow orbs. I owned the entire bottom row before, it was funny.

I MP9 comes, they need more 1 vs 3. There's only about 9 in MP8. IDK about everyone else, but I know I wouldn't mind seeing rehashes of old minigames. Some of them were really fun.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Anyways, I find Mario Party 5 the best, one of the few that had Koopa Kid in it.
I find Mario Party 5 the worst in terms of the main "party mode" section. I enjoyed the Super-Duel-Mode and mini-games, but the maps, item system, and non-playable DK made this game hard for me to accept.

I find that Mario Party 3 has the best item selection and use of happening spaces. Mario Party 4 has the best boards (including board secrets). Character selection goes to Mario Party 8, obviously. Best mini-games? That's up to debate. I didn't mind shredding the skin on my hand in the original Mario Party, that's where it gets intense!

rockem7

Smash Ace
I'm kind of thinking that they might not make another one. Of course, I have no source or anything but it's been quite a while since MP8 came out. Hasn't it been about two years?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
As long as people is currently thinking that the next Mario Party is just to milk money, I don't think it's going last very long. I guess that's why there hasn't been a Mario Party for a while.

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
I really liked all of the mario parties, except 8 on the wii kinda brought basic games back. I never really played the gba and ds ones either.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Mario Party for GBA? What?

I liked all the N64 Mario Parties, plus MP4... Just like OP.

*Goes to check out MPGBA*

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
If they make mp9, it's a necessity that it has wifi. Although playing a 50turn board without someone d/cing would be kinda difficult.

They better have like 200 of each category of games lol

:phone:

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Wi-Fi just might be too hard. Mario Party is especially known by kids, I can just imagine some would rage-quit or something similar. It would be nice, but it always goes back to that when I think of Wi-Fi. But otherwise, it would be great to play with other people in the world.

I love the Mario Party series, been a big fan since I was a kid, my favorite is Mario Party 3; packed with nostalgia and great boards/mini-games. Of course, I didn't love all the mini-games (Bowser Toss FTL lol :p) but it's still a great game. I hope they put it on the Virtual Console soon.

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
its just that sadly, games need multiplayer/wifi to be good these days, so making MP go online would help it out lots

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I love the Mario Party series as well. Mario Party 6 was the best one in my opinion. It had great music, great mini-games, great boards and I liked the concept of the item system. I loved the day and night system. I didn't like how Mario Party 7 downgraded some of the orbs(like the Zap Orb and Warp Pipe) and I hated the Bowser Time thing. I liked Mario Party 3 as well. Wi-fi could work with friends, but worldwide; maybe only mini-games because people would just ragequit... Mario Party 8 and Mario Party Advance were the worst...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ From the trailer, Shy Guy, Koopa, and I think Bowser Jr. will be playable. The mini games look fun this time. =D

Ganon444

Smash Rookie
I've only played the gamecube gMes,8 and 2, along with DS...6 was the best, 5 was the worst

:phone:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So about MP1 having really unfair 1v3 games. I mean, I know 1v3 is pretty unfair in general but, let's just think about MP1 here.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
To be fair, a lot of Mario parties have those mini games that one side is basically guaranteed to win.

Mario Party 1: Pirahna Skamper (or whatever it's called, where you skateboard away). The single person should always win because the Pirahna can never catch up to you regardless how hard they try.

Mario Party 2: Shock Drop Roll. The single person should always lose. Just keep jumping and you can reset your position regardless which direction he rolls you.

As far as BS awards and penalties, hands down Mario Party 1 takes the cake though. Don't get me started on the crane game, or how losing most 1 v 3 games means you pay out 15 coins rofl

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I've only played 1, 4, and 8

so far 1 is my favourite, probably because of the nostalgia but it was thoroughly a ridiculous game

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ 6 is still my favorite, the day and night gimmick makes me play MP6 more. I would like MP7 but over half of the boards I really hate. )=<

☯ My favorites of the series is 2,3,4,6, and somewhat 7.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Here's my tier list for Mario Party.

High Tier
1. 3 (Strategically the best one)
2. 7 (Disregarding my magical BS on this game...)
3. 6 (Disregarding my magical BS on this game...)

Mid Tier
4. 8 (The minigames are great, but the controls for them suck.)
5. 2 (A copy of 1, but without Bowser's BS)

Low Tier
6. 4 (Ultimate Randomness.)
7. 5 (Bad mini-games and boards. It would be bottom tier if it weren't for something in MP1.)
8. 1 (There's a board on this map that directly counters me. Not to mention Bowser's BS and the minigames that require the rotation of the control stick.)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I loved the first 3 and I also enjoy some of the GC ones. I loved the platforming minigames.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Here's my tier list for Mario Party.

High Tier
1. 3 (Strategically the best one)
2. 7 (Disregarding my magical BS on this game...)
3. 6 (Disregarding my magical BS on this game...)

Mid Tier
4. 8 (The minigames are great, but the controls for them suck.)
5. 2 (A copy of 1, but without Bowser's BS)

Low Tier
6. 4 (Ultimate Randomness.)
7. 5 (Bad mini-games and boards. It would be bottom tier if it weren't for something in MP1.)
8. 1 (There's a board on this map that directly counters me. Not to mention Bowser's BS and the minigames that require the rotation of the control stick.)

Eh, 3 is debatable. It really REALLY depends on the map, because there are certain maps that are endgame hell. The desert and the Snowland for example can be extremely dumb because they have looping access to the item shop. Other maps don't have that problem, and they tend to be fine. Although I'm not a fan of the Cavern either cause I feel they didn't make it varied enough. Just made it two sides with limited access to either way.

As far as Minigames go though, 3 has some of the fairest minigames out there. I think the start of real minigame balance happened in 3 compared to the previous two.

6 and 7 were fine. Not a great fan of them, but mostly because MP3 exists. I ****in love that one.

4 was GARBAGE lmfao. Thank you. 8 was a little janky I agree, kinda hard though using Wiimote for ****.

2 was pretty solid. I like that one the most after 3, if only for the costumes and for Haunted Land/Space Map. However, the hidden block ratio in this game can be incredibly ********. I've seen way too many games get early hidden blocks and just steamroll the rest of the game. Where as MP3 evens this out by adding items to hidden blocks, making later blocks not as guaranteed of coins and stars. However, this one also has some of the MP1 minigames but just tweaked. A few of them are auto lose/auto win by the right side, which is pretty gay but a part of the game. Without the minuses of MP1.

MP1 was fun but it's also very dominating. If you are a player that grinds out an advantage, you tend to dominate this game. The maps are also fairly small, something they remedied in later games.

Was MP5 the Mario Party that came up with the Mic mini games? Cause I remember that stupid ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok yeah you're right. I remember the orbs, lanching them forward and backward and ****.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I f***ing love Mario Party 6 to death :p MP5 introduced Capsules, not orbs. They are different things, y'know =P I'm such a MP6 nerd that I know the set star locations on E.Gadd's Garage and Towering Treetop and the orbs available on each board. :p For me, it'd go like this: 6, 3, 2, 4, 1, 5&7, 8 (5&7 are tied for that position, I'm not too fond of them)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I've liked all the Mario Party games I've played until 7 (never played Advance, DS or even 8)

But the first five have to be the best, in my opinion

Jakor

Smash Ace
I used to really like the games, but I kinda got bored after the 4th... But I still keep a look on each new entry.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I like Mario Party, a lot, and cool to hear MP9 is coming out. But I really want to see a revamped version of Super Duel Mode from MP5, that was very unique!

Top Bottom