• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: Lil Gerald!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Your definition of stage control and zoning?

do you think of stage control and zoning by instinct or coniciously when ur playing?

when you play a tourney set, when you observe your opponent's habits, what exactly do you look at? (i.e landing points how they land etc)

your definition of baiting?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
would it be racist if I imagine the guy that stole ur 360 as being black
yes the guy who stole my 360 WAS black, and my own cousin.

Your definition of stage control and zoning? Stage control and zoning is the same thing to me. taking advantage of an area of the stage to put your oponent at disadvantage

do you think of stage control and zoning by instinct or coniciously when ur playing? Conciously. This is important because you need to think of a solution of how to stay in advantage if the opponent was to overcome your zoning, before he actually does overcome.

when you play a tourney set, when you observe your opponent's habits, what exactly do you look at? I observe what are their strongest points in taking advantage of the game. For example, if my opponent is a DK who likes to gimp me by Cargo I will stay away from him grabbing me and play defensively the entire match.

your definition of baiting? Mindgames.
Do you like having fun matches every now and then going on stages like Spear Pillar or WarioWare and putting all these explosives on high.
Only when I'm not my mains, then yes.

Last day to ask questions, then we're moving on to Inferno! But it's thursday! D:

What's your favourite Star Wars movie? Episode 3
i got a question what does your name mean??
Lol Boss, where were you when I answered this question? It's from the show Bobobo bobo bobo. Ask me something else. :p

Who's Jab is easier to connect?

Mario or Luigi's?
Luigi's

Matt07

Smash Master
I know, Bo but everyone has 5 days to ask questions, and we started on Monday, so we have all day today, until tomorrow ish, then we gotta move on!

What's your favourite animal?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
can you look at high level play clearly? (Ex: m2k vs ally, you know why he did this because _____)

how do you think in game ? (ex: you think by mixups, options and why etc)

your thoughts on Mario vs Peach MU?

do you get mad by the some of the inexperienced/newcomers/mid level players that tend to steal your unique ? playstyle of Mario?

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
They say Kingd3 is considered the strongest character..

Is that because he holds the most knockback attacks in the game?

Are does he have the most knockback attacks in the game?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
What's your favourite animal?
Fox

Quickie when you get here?! :D
Hell yea. :D

can you look at high level play clearly? (Ex: m2k vs ally, you know why he did this because _____) Yes.

how do you think in game ? (ex: you think by mixups, options and why etc) I think before I execute a move. I often think to myself. "if I do this then he will_____ and I'll be able to_____. Like that, always think before you act.

your thoughts on Mario vs Peach MU? Very even, just play defensive and stay away from under peach.

do you get mad by the some of the inexperienced/newcomers/mid level players that tend to steal your unique ? playstyle of Mario? I get upset when newcomers/mid level players use Mario wrong and do stupid stuff. But hey thats why we're here to help them.
They say Kingd3 is considered the strongest character..

Is that because he holds the most knockback attacks in the game?

Are does he have the most knockback attacks in the game?
I don't know honestly.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
My Last question for Bo x7

I like to use Biar to space and Zone

I like to use it to get away frrom aproaches and sometimes to apraoch as well.....

Is it good to space and zone with Bair?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Your thoughts on prediction/predicting in high level play? (prefer if it wasn't too general answer :3 )

Any strategies or tricks when looking for a counterpick stage?

Thoughts on conditioning? Do you do it often in high level play?

how do you get rid of cold hands?

how do you get rid of finger slips? ( Ex: you know how your mind and tech skill isn't synch like what not, you want to do a OOS upb but instead comes out a cape)

might have been answered before but doesnt hurt to ask again: how do you think in tourneys? Instinct or by conciously ? does it matter? and is there right or wrong to it?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol, nice avi Hero. Tao scares meh X_X

*Claploops*

Bo, I'm hungry. Do you eat PB&J sammiches? I think they're top tier. No start-up lag at all, it comes out quick...you can milk-cancel the ending lag as it goes down, does nice damage, semi-heavyweight (the way I make em anyways), and can be used as a recovery if ur day sucks.

I fux w/ PB&J. Smuckerz n Skippy all dai.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
lol wut? Tao is insanely cute, even without the face. XD

Though I do have an extremely soft spot for cats, so that could be it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Cute until she combos. Then it loses its charm and becomes painful...T_T

Yo Bo, are my questions random enough for you?

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Lol, nice avi Hero. Tao scares meh X_X

*Claploops*

Bo, I'm hungry. Do you eat PB&J sammiches? I think they're top tier. No start-up lag at all, it comes out quick...you can milk-cancel the ending lag as it goes down, does nice damage, semi-heavyweight (the way I make em anyways), and can be used as a recovery if ur day sucks.

I fux w/ PB&J. Smuckerz n Skippy all dai.
Thats some funny ****..........

I have no question......

What should I ask?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Sry guys my computer crashed. :( using a different cpu right now.

I like to use Biar to space and Zone

I like to use it to get away frrom aproaches and sometimes to apraoch as well.....

Is it good to space and zone with Bair?
Yes, why not?.

Your thoughts on prediction/predicting in high level play? (prefer if it wasn't too general answer :3 ) Just always think before you act and be a step ahead of your opponent.

Any strategies or tricks when looking for a counterpick stage? Know your character, know your opponent's play style and know your opponent's character's weaknesses and strengths. I suggest observing the stage weaknesses of every character in the game.

Thoughts on conditioning? Do you do it often in high level play? ????

how do you get rid of cold hands? Hot water. If you're at a tournament find a bathroom. If not, then you're burned up.

how do you get rid of finger slips? ( Ex: you know how your mind and tech skill isn't synch like what not, you want to do a OOS upb but instead comes out a cape) Sorry man I never experience these problems unless it's online lol. I say just work on executing the moves correctly or get a new controller.

might have been answered before but doesnt hurt to ask again: how do you think in tourneys? Instinct or by conciously ? does it matter? and is there right or wrong to it? Both but always conciously. If you're dealing with something you never encountered before you must play conciously to overcome the situation.
Bo, will you guide my sleigh tonight?
lol wut.

And Bo, will you go down in history?
YESH.

What is your favourite stage? hmmm, probably battlefield or Smashville.

Burger King or Mcdonald's? That's hard. o.O Too close to call.

If you could teach Mario a martial art, what would it be?
capoeira.

POST OF THE DAY. And yes I eat PB&J every day. LOL

Yo Bo, are my questions random enough for you?
YES.

Bo, would you trade your box for Snake's box? :o
Hell no, the Bo x7 box is the best box.

Matt07

Smash Master
Thanks Bo for the interview!

Moving onto Inferno!

Will have interview up some time...took me an hour to do Hippie's lol.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Matt = amazing. Mario mains have so many DOers...

Hey..so...Inferno...first question...what kinda music do you listen to? Do you listen to music at tourneys?

Top Bottom