• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: Lil Gerald!

boss8

Smash Hero
Boss:

What's most crucial to being a successful Mario main?

Why do you enjoy Mario dittos? Most other Marios seem to hate them.

Do you remember our dittos from VGBootCamp Indianapolis?
-the most crucial thing is to have fun....and maintane composure

-dude mario dittos are so fun.....idk it just seems that playing another campy character jus blows....

-yea i remember are dittos.....xD

When will you be in IL again? =o
-whenever i get a ride up there ill be there with ally again....xD

I forgot to ask: have you ever been in Canada, and do you think you will be [again]?

And why do you call yourself Boss and Suspect?
i've never been to canada but i want to go =D

-me as a player (i am boss) mario (is the suspect)

your omni upb read on junebug, how did it feel knowing you used all your energy to pull that off?

did you know he was going to roll? or just pure reaction?

when u coming back here to NY?
-yea that read drained me causing my brain to overload... i just felt like i shoulda saved it and kept the match with just trades

-its a lucario most of there reactions is to roll....also junebug likes to jump out of his chair so i just watch for that....

=back in NY?? maybe some time after MLG columbus

Boss is the Usual Suspect, lol.
tru....lets get it..

Does that make me....

the Usual Boss?

i mean i guess:p

-Boss, are u considering to be the best Luigi out there.?-
idk right now me and lou seem to be tied.....who knows....:chuckle:

Matt07

Smash Master
Guys, I will update rest of the interviews soon! Sorry Flameleon, Famous and Boss for taking so long. I'm also going to need someone to step it up and get interviewed.

Matt07

Smash Master
Flameleon

Q. Anyway, Can you give everyone a brief synopsis of how to fight metaknight? You seem to be very proficient in the match up.
A. I have been in several tourneys in my brawl career, and i've won like 2-3, winning cash and a xbox360...back to answering:

Mk MU: it's a match where we have to keep distance from him and to space right in order to win, staying grounded, trying to get rid of his jumps and then, when he lands, we can punish him, we have the tools to control him, like using Fludd to move him towards the edge, fireballz to force his approach, cape to take a stock from him...we can actually edgeguard Mk if we're clever, most Mk's use gayloop to recover, if that happen, we can use cape jump to turn him back to his doom, if he uses tornado, what i use is, if it's a grounded one, i shoot a fireball and it will cancel it, causing mk to use drill rush and there's the chance to punish, if it's an aerial one, i can cape it or use Dair over him, there are chances to use Fsmash and punish severely, to kill him, is better to use Usmash for a safe kill, Fsmash to outrange his Dsmash, racking damage is done via Dair>Dsmash, Fireballz, Bair'ing his Dair camp, SHAD>jab combos, Dash attack to punish some mistakes...also, his shield is kinda bad, when recovering, we have to avoid his Dair, it will kill us, this is done either using Fludd to move him towards the stage or using reversal fireball to use a Bair on him...and, that's all, it's either a win for us or a 3 stock against us.

Q. How'd you get into competitive smash?
A. Since i've played melee, i was competitive, and i was one of the best Marios too, if not the best x9, but then, in brawl, the change was somewhat hard for me but i adapted eventually, after that, i started to get used to Mario in brawl, actually, i preffer Brawl Mario, and since i reached a decent lvl after brawl came out, i thought that i should traing to be one of the best Marios again, and that's what i'm doing...at least in my country, i'm like the best one, haha.

Q. what race are you? hispanic, asian, Jewish, black, white, etc.
A. I'm hispanic, just like Vato...

Q. Who do you think are the top marios in your opinion?
A. The top Marios are...umm, i think that there're a lot out there, actually, each one doing a good job in his area and because i don't usually read your tourney placing, i'm kinda not aware of whos placing better...but, i can tell u guyz something...the first step to take is to beat pros with Mario, so we can have recognition, that will boost confidence and eventually, placing high at tourneys will be easier to do...

Q. Who's your favorite Mario main?
A. I think my favorite Mario was ??????(remember him.?), he was like me, a very wise one, so i kinda liked him x9, and for now, well, i don't have a favorite one, so, i'm open to anyone who wants to be my pal xD

Q. what do you like more? AIB or SWF?
A. I like more AIB just because it's where i'm usually around, playing wifi and reading random things, but Sboards is actually very good to read a lot of brawl things, like MU, AT's, etc : )

Q. Flameleon, what would you say is the key to success as a Mario main?
A. Perseverance, patience, courage and everything that Ally, Adhd, M2k have...skillz x9

Q. What is your favorite match-up?
A. I like to play against...Low tier: Link, M tier: Luigi, H tier: Snake

Q. Do you plan on coming to any big tournaments in the US?
A. Whobo was on my mind but i don't think so, i guess, maybe, one day, i'll go to a Tx tourney but i don't know when...:<

Q. That's quite a regimen O_O

You play any other characters?
A. Nop, i only use Mario, so i can be ready for any kind of MU or situation...

Q. If you were a lion...would you choose to be part of a pride....or be by yourself roaming free
A. Being an animal born to roam free is kinda cool and all, but i think that being surrounded by more lions would be the one that i choose, because, it's better to have someone who can give you support, instead of being alone...

Q. You're ?????? Arent You?!?!?
A. Sadly, nope :<

Q. Flame, will you teach me how to WiFi Mario?
A. If you're willing to play wifi like me, sure

Q. are you a vato loco like me? =D
A. I'm not as loco as you, vato x9

Q. Favourite move in each category?
A. Ground: Jabs
Aerials: Dair
Special: Fireball
Grabs: Fthrow
Smashes: Fsmash
First or second jump: SHop
Airdodge, roll dodge or spot dodge: Spot dodge
Taunt: Utaunt
Sound effect: UpB=Coins x9
Victory Pose: X button (in case that u choose them)
When getting knocked out: Hitting the screen or flying out(You no the one were he yells.: Flying :)

Q. Why do you main Mario?
A. Because he's the only one who fits me completly...he uses fire, has a nice leadership, he never smiles, and stuff like that x9

Q. Favorite Mario game?
A. Super Mario 64

Q. what the hell does " x9 mean" and why do u use it all the time
A. It's a cool face with a tongue outside facing up, it has many uses but i use it as my trademark

Q. and how do you become creative/unique with mario? (your mario is definitely different then most regular marios)
A. Well, i've experimented a lot of things in my life, each one leading me to another and thanks to them, i've improved a lot with Mario, giving me the enough imagination to have an unique playstyle overall

Q. i challenge you to a tech skill off(video)!
A. That's not a question ;9

Q. Why have I never seen this thread before?
A. Because you're half Link

Q. How do you do the Mario?
A. I do it with POWAA...

Q. Why so pro with Mario, yo?
A. Dunno, maybe coz i'm lucky x9

Q. Favorite food?
A. Spaguetti.!!! : D

Q. You said you play offline....Do you play at tourneys? If so, how do you place?
A. Yes, i do and at my last tourney played, i ended in 3rd place, but my crewmate Mk won it, so... : )

Q. Seen your post in the DTM4, about Chrono Cross, haha yea, I love CC too...my favourite game! What's your top 5 songs from the game? (You had to have at least have some of the songs downloaded if you've played the game .)

A. It's my favourite too.! actually, i own the OST, so, let's see...

1.-Chrono Cross ~Scars of Time~
2.-Prisoners of Fate
3.-Star-Stealing Girl
4.-Radical Dreamers ~The Unstolen Jewel~
5.-Dreamwatch of Time

omfg, i really love the entire OST xD

Q. Flame, I'm a big Chrono Trigger fan, but I've never played Cross. Should I check it out? I've heard it's totally different than Trigger, but as long as it's a good game I probably won't mind.
A. If you have the time, sure, check it out, but, CT fans usually only plays it without even trying CC

Q. Dear Flameleon.....
My cactus is pointy...ow
A. ...Don't touch it o.0

Q. How do you feel about the world and the media these days?
A. The world is a sad place to live, nowdays, but that's our fault and about the media, i think that one day, we'll start to feel inside our heads, all those wireless data that travels everyday and then, something is gonna change inside us...well, stuff like that.

Q. What was better, the 90s or 2000s? and why?
A. I preffer the 90's, because, there were a lot of good things about it: good movies, a better society, better air, a world without crisis, a world without a deep globalization and all that, definitely, a lot better than 2000.

Q. flameleon what is your favorite MU as a mario?
A. Mmm, i think than someone asked me that question before, but, i think that i will answer differently:

1-HTier: Snake(They're so fun to play against, but only if u have the lead x9)
2-MTier: Either DK, Sonic or Luigi (just for the rivalry)
3-LTier: Falcon.! (****, that MU is epic xD) –

Q. what is your favorite color?
A. Red is my favourite

Q. Do you prefer day or night?
A. I preffer night, mostly because i'm awake when it's dark and i usually sleep when there's daylight x9

Q. alcohol or mary jane use?
A. o.0...

Q. Stoned lain too good. Flame, why is your wifi Mario so legit?
A. I think than it's because i have a lot of reading skills and also, i can buffer a lot of things in Wifi, so i can keep a good battle against almost anyone...

Q. (Personal question) From playing me a couple of times, what do you think my Mario needs to work on the most?
A. I can't remember how'd u played...perhaps, we should play again and then, i'll give u some feedback and tips...

Matt07

Smash Master
Famous

Q. When Inferno moves down here, do you think it's possible that you'll end up playing him before you play me? XD
A. Lol, I've played fromundaman before I played you and he lives nowhere near here so...it's possible that inferno will play me before you do...I'm trying to make it to more tournies so we will see who will get to play me first :D

Q. Famous what made you take an interest in mario instead of any other character in brawl
A. I grew up playing Mario games so my main focus was based around Mario in every game he was playable in...Tbh, I experimented with alot of characters when brawl first came out before using Mario full time...but you always go back to your roots eventually...

Q. Who are your secondaries?
A. Luigi, GaW(In Which I will probably drop for someone else soon)....I have a pretty decent N?ess despite how many times I SD with him DX

Q. Easiest match up?
A. Easiest MU is MarioVsMarth, lol...

Q. what is your hardest match up
A. Hardest MU is MK...Randomly loses occur to many times for me against this character...

Q. if you could play one person, who would it be
A. I would play shadow or m2k until I knew the MU by heart...

Q. Famous....Did you know I'm slightly invading your avatar?
A. Lol, I noticed Monk...Trying to take my fence space? Lol

Q. How did you get into the competitive scene, famous? & How did you prepare for your first tournament... if you did at all :p
A. Well it started years ago when met Craig...I was playing Smash but not competitively...I didn't know any of the AT's metagame or matchups....So I've played with Craig ever since Melee and he taught me the ropes.

Q. My first tourney?
A. Well, we had a smash crew back then and we all use to play for hours before the day of the tourney...We didn't do anything special except practice our bad MU's and learn good CP's

Q. how many tourneys have you entered this season? are you tourney active recently?
A. Yes, I've been toureny active...I was at one 2 weeks ago in MD/VA.

Q. most unique part of your mario?
A. My Mario's unique part is it's technicality and unpredictability...Lol, I hear alot of people say "Who Does That?!?" when I'm playing matches...

Q. Whats your favorite move of Mario's in each catagory?
A. Ground: Jab
Aerials: Nair
Specails: Cape (obviously, lol)
Throws: FThrow
Smahes: USmash
Taunt: SideTaunt
Favorite jump: Backwards Double Jump
Sound effect: "Woohoo" "Yehaa" in Melee...I miss Yehaa
Victory pose: Fire Palm
Costume: Brown/Black...I like my special texture the best though
Air dodge, roll dodge or spot dodge: Roll Dodge/Jab too goodz

Q. What all game systems do you own?
A. Everything except the XBOX series and PS3

1.All Nintendo Consoles/Handheld -DSi
2.All Sony Consoles/Handhel -PS3
3.No Microsoft Consoles

Q. Famous where does your name come from.
A. My name comes from Mario' status and my email...My original Tag was MarioFamous but....In melee I used more than 1 character and...my friend was meatriding me. He wanted his tag as LuigiFamous...So I said Fk it...Famous it is...

BTW, remember Snakes Cameo caption talking to his superior officer? "There isn't anyone around that doesn't know Mario...He's that Famous."

Q. Favourite genre of music?
A. JPOP, Hardstly, Techno...Top 3

Q. Favourite movie?
A. Favorite Movie is still Kill Bill

Q. What do you think makes your Mario most unique compared to others?
A. My Mario is unpredictable and very technical so I guess it stands out and make it unique...This and you'll never see another Mario Dthrow-UpB

Q. What's your best attribute with Mario (Spacing, playing aggresive, defensive, etc.)?
A. My Mario I think is well rounded but I excel most on playing Aggro...which in some cases to a point where I kill myself XD

Q. What's something you could improve on with Mario?
A. I could improve my spacing and technical aspect more...This or its my controller fking up (which I believe it is)

Q. Come to Cali? <3
A. Maybe sometime later this year...Stay tuned XD

Q. Ok...if you could time travel to any point in history and give any one person a high five...who would it be and why?
A. Hmmm...Hugh Hefner..Why you ask? He would have probably gave me a dozen of his bunnies at some point.

Q. why did you pick up mario and not..i don't know diddy?
A. Mario is my favorite character of all time so I strive to be really good with him in every game he's in...His playstyle suits me pretty well. Ehhh...I've actually tried using diddy during 08...I didn't like how he played seeing that you had to rely on his banana game alot.

Q. Who do you hate using the most in Brawl?
A. I hate using Link >.<

Q. Will you be my [boy]friend?
A. Haha, Of coarse I'll be your friend.. as for the boy part I'm practically a married man

Q. Who are the best Marios in your opinion? (If this hasn't been asked yet)
A. Kirin, Box7, Vato, Boss, me probably, Irios if he plays more and a few more I haven't mentioned

Q. Will you play me?(Do you play online anymore)
A. I never really gotten into wifi..But I'm down for offline matches whenever I get to meet you

Q. What is the background music to your infinite jump video?
A. It's called "Luvtomy" by M-Flo

Q. Can you send me a pm when you find any new things with mario.
A. Of coarse

Q. What is Mario's best physical characteristic? His menacingly determined eyes? His bushy and glorious mustache?
A. Haha, I believe 90% of Mario's best physical characteristics is his Stache...I can't even imagine Mario without it...The other 10% is from those insanely thick sideburns

Q. What is your favorite mindgame with Mario...Favorite mindgame is the walkaway FSmash or the Dupe
A. Walk FSmash, lol

Q. In your opinion, where should Mario be in the tier list
A. ...Probably the bottom of mid tier or maybe the middle of mid

Q. Are you a fireball fanatic...
A. No, I'm not a fireball fanatic which is probably why I lose certain MU's

Q. Who gives you a hard time when you play Mario?
A. ...Snake...Really hate good Snakes..*cough..shiled campy ones*

Matt07

Smash Master
Boss

Q. If you're coming to Michigan, does that mean you'll also come to some Ohio tournaments?
A. my name isnt in the title yet....and just so u all know that whole me moving to michigan was an april fools joke....

Q. ****it, why aren't you moving to Michigan?
A. eh sry bro april fools joke xD

Q. What Your favorite Move in each catagory? of Mario's
A. Ground: ground-jab fast and unexpecting
Aerial: Aerial-uair...i do SHuairs anytime not just when my opponent is above me i also use it as an attack to move forward lol
Special: special-CAPE!!! lol
Throws: throws-dthrow/bthrow
Smahes: smash-Dsmash-it racks up damage ill save my other ones for later to kill
Taunts: taunt-when mario takes off his hat lol....
Favorite Jump: favorite jump-up-b?
Victory Pose: victory posee-when mario winds up his fist and punches the screen
Sound effect: sound effect-the up-b coins
Walking or Running.....: walk or run-id rather run
Favorite Dodge: spotdodge..

Q. What's your favorite food?
A. if i had to pick something it would be pizza cause it comes in a RACK of variety

Q. best marios in your opinion?
A. thats a tough one.....there really is none of the best cause most of them have potential...

Q. Favourite Mario game?
A. mario game?? probly sunshine.....

Q. Favourite song?
A. fav song??-i dont have a fav song......

Q. What do you think your Mario is best at (aggressive, spacing, DI, etc.)?
A. my mario is best at mindgames...

Q. What is your weakest aspect with Mario?
A. my weakest aspect with mario- is rolling gets me nothing but punished.....

Q. What made you start playing Mario/Luigi?
A. fav matchup is dittos there ay to fun xD

Q. Which of the two do you prefer playing?
A. mario and luigi are originals i just think they are fun =]

Q. Favorite match-up in low tiers?
A. fav matchup in lowtiers-ike

Q. Least favorite match-up?
A. least-snaake

Least favorite match-up in low tiers?
A. least in low tiers-lucas

What do you think about Mario's Final Smash?
A. mario's final smash could be beter cause u can just smash DI out...

Q. u love me boss? all for homo or no homo?
A. all homo

Q. why is it, every time we get an opportunity to play, it ends up me unable to play u ? D:
A. idk dude e should DEF play next turney...

Q. Boss, why are we so alike?
A. genes??

Q. When/how did you start playing Smash?
A. started playing smash a while ago since 64 for fiun didnt play competitevly til melee 06

i started playing when i met korn....xD

Q. Favorite costume color for Mario?
A. fav costume color i dont really have one...but if i hade to pick one it would be either green or the original......

Q. What's the second "L" in the name "Malcolm" for? It serves absolutely no purpose...so why is it there Boss?
A. because the purpose of it there is to piss you off and annoy you.....is it working??

Q. Who is the best Mario player that you've played, and how close do you think they were to your skill level?
A.. either box7 or famous...i honestly think there mario's know more things then mine does....there not far off by skill either...

Q. What goes through your mind when you play a tourney match?
Any tips?
A. i just clear my mind and drown out any sounds......

and i use my magic painting brush to paint how my opponent will dea lwith my next mindgame...xD

Q. Boss, I heard ppl say that your Luigi is better than your Mario, it is true? o.o?
A. i mean its peoples opinions i rarely whip out the mario anyways.....

Q. how'd you get good at going aggro? Was it a gradual thing, or was there one thing that had to be mastered first?
A. going aggro for me is a mixture of stopping and going like....i will go aggro then stop...then go aggro again....throws my opponent off

Q. who's your favourite smasher to face (person, not char)?
A. person wise probly junebug i love fighting that guy....xD

Q. do you use textures? if so, what's your favourite?
A. MR-M

Q. How do you feel about me joining the VA smash scene starting in September?
A. yay another mario =D

Q. How do you determine whether to pick Mario or Luigi in a tourney set?
A. depending on my mood.....lol

Q. Do you ever think that you're being held back by Mario and Luigi since they're a low and mid tier character respectively?
A. i feel they best suit me....i don think i would get far playing any other character cause these 2 just best fit me....

Q. Do you use any characters other than Mario or Luigi?
A. samus.....wario...GaW....DK......

Q. If we both go to APEX 2, will you play some friendlies and help me become better?
A. sure why not??? im not a douche like most pros are =D

Q. What's most crucial to being a successful Mario main?
A. the most crucial thing is to have fun....and maintane composure

Q. Why do you enjoy Mario dittos? Most other Marios seem to hate them.
A. dude mario dittos are so fun.....idk it just seems that playing another campy character jus blows....

Q. Do you remember our dittos from VGBootCamp Indianapolis?
A. yea i remember are dittos.....xD

Q. When will you be in IL again? =o
A. whenever i get a ride up there ill be there with ally again....xD

Q. I forgot to ask: have you ever been in Canada, and do you think you will be [again]?
A. i've never been to canada but i want to go =D

And why do you call yourself Boss and Suspect?
A. me as a player (i am boss) mario (is the suspect)

Q. your omni upb read on junebug, how did it feel knowing you used all your energy to pull that off? Yea
A. that read drained me causing my brain to overload... i just felt like i shoulda saved it and kept the match with just trades

Q. did you know he was going to roll? or just pure reaction?
A. its a lucario most of there reactions is to roll....also junebug likes to jump out of his chair so i just watch for that....

Q. when u coming back here to NY?
A. =back in NY?? maybe some time after MLG Columbus

Q. Does that make me....

the Usual Boss?
A. i mean i guess

Q. Boss, are u considering to be the best Luigi out there.?-
A. idk right now me and lou seem to be tied.....who knows....

Q. who made this song lol
A. neo....aka best marth....aka neoroy...aka metaknight slayer....

Q. Is Metaknight da bess?
A. and no monk metaknight not da bess...

Matt07

Smash Master
Quadruple post!

Sorry about the wait guys, I finished all of your interviews, now we can start fresh :).

So who's next?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
XeroXen, you're a cool guy and nobody gives you enough credit. Not even I do.

Am I cool with you dude?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
What is the matchup that you have the most difficulty in (sans MK)?
What is the matchup you have the easiest time with?
Who would you consider your "rival(s)" in the MW or otherwise?
Who do you enjoy playing against the most?
The least?

What do you think your strongest area is, in terms of Mario?
Weakest?
Do nerves come in to play when you start a set?
Are you a player that needs to get off to a quick start to win matches/sets?
Do you enjoy the MW smash scene?

SKidd

Smash Master
video games = life changing
wut

Anyways, what's it like being a successful troll, Xero?

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Whats your favorite move in each catagory?

Ground atks:
Aerial atks:
Specials:
Throws:
Smashes:
Taunts:
Short hop, full hop or second jump?
Victory Pose:
Roll or spot dodge?
Sound effect:

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
do you love me enough to have the gayest mario orgy in apex if you do decide to come?

you love me all for homo in all for gayness?

your thoughts about my ****ty mario? :D

your troll powers..... unbelievably ****, how do you do it?

Scarlett Johansson, would you want her inside ur pants????

SKidd

Smash Master
Do you know a lot of memes and about /b/ and ED and other ****?
lol

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Xero:
Where would you rank yourself on a Mario power rankings, if we were to have them?
In the top 3, no joke. Mabye that's just my arrogance but I really think I'm that good. Or was, I'm not sure how good I am anymore.

When's the last time you played Bo?
November, I think.

XeroXen, you're a cool guy and nobody gives you enough credit. Not even I do.

Am I cool with you dude?
Totally, I mean I used to dislike you but you're pretty cool now that I know you're not totally stupid. =D

Anyways, what's it like being a successful troll, Xero?
It's opened a lot of doors and possibilities, I've been offered money because of my trolling skills. My Mario has even improved because of it!

Whats your favorite move in each catagory?

Ground atks: Dtilt
Aerial atks: Fair
Specials: Up-B
Throws: Fthrow
Smashes: Usmash
Taunts: UTaunt
Short hop, full hop or second jump?: Second Jump, everybody should know why.
Victory Pose: I don't really pay attention... the one with the fire.
Roll or spot dodge: Spot Dodge, he looks pretty cool doing it, but it's still bad.
Sound effect: WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!
Answered in quote due to laziness.

do you love me enough to have the gayest mario orgy in apex if you do decide to come?

you love me all for homo in all for gayness?

your thoughts about my ****ty mario? :D

your troll powers..... unbelievably ****, how do you do it?

Scarlett Johansson, would you want her inside ur pants????
No Mario orgys, that would be weird.

No homo.

Your Mario sucks, gtfo. Just kidding! I'm sure it's good I haven't really been paying attention lately.

Lots of practice, and determination!

I don't even know who she is!

Do you know a lot of memes and about /b/ and ED and other ****?
lol
I think it's a 4Chan reference, but I can't be sure.

What's ur most treasured tourney set?
Hmmmmmmmmm, I have no idea! There's so many and I'm not even sure. Mabye me vs. Hilt last November because I killed him with an Up-B suicide and still 2 stocked him that game! =D

SKidd

Smash Master
I think A2ZOMG is a pretty cool guy. eh thinks tires are bs and doesnt afraid of anything.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
xero ur thoughts on tl/mario in teams?

am i the cutest mario in the nation?

your regular playstyle with mario?

how do you usually start off the match?

which habits do you pick on when ur fighting in a tourney set?

SKidd

Smash Master
Xero, what is your least favorite character in Brawl to play as?

Calebyte

Smash Lord
A lot of people have been dumbfounded by how much you seem to improve between tournaments. How do you do it?

Now that you have your license, will you come to Muncie and teach me Mario?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Going with a second barrage of questions, though the first hadn't been answered yet:

Are you considering going to the Showdown weekend after MLG?
I know you haven't played my Mario since Nope's in... January was it? What did you think of it (if you remember)?
What advice would you give to new or struggling Mario mains?
Do you put in a lot of practice when you're on your own?
Who do you think are other solid or great Mario mains, if you pay attention to that?
Why do you hate Mario dittos so much?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
What is the matchup that you have the most difficulty in (sans MK)? Besides MK... mabye Kirby, or Lucario, or DDD. Those are my most hated matchups besides MK.

What is the matchup you have the easiest time with? Actually, I'm pretty good against Olimar! And I think Captain Falcon is really easy too, Luigi is sort've easy too, for me anyway.

Who would you consider your "rival(s)" in the MW or otherwise? My rivals are probably Mario mains who are considered better than me haha! At least in my mind.

Who do you enjoy playing against the most? I really enjoy playing against other Marios as a learning and teaching experience. I also enjoy getting together with the people in my town and playing smash with them, even though their not very good. Basically, I like playing most people as long as they don't get too worked up about friendlies haha!

The least? Anybody who plays Lucas.

What do you think your strongest area is, in terms of Mario? My strongest area is probably being able to respond to situations with the right moves, and my great OoS game and really awesome spacing!

Weakest? I fall for dumb stuff that shouldn't work alot, and I get a little too aggressive and like to fall right into the enemy's traps, which I've been working on.

Do nerves come in to play when you start a set? Yes! Nerves affected me much more before than they used to, however you can still usually see me shaking before the first tourney game (and after, if it was really close... and the set after) it's just so intense for me, but I love the rush!

Are you a player that needs to get off to a quick start to win matches/sets? Oddly, I don't actually start getting warmed up until the END. I do alot of comebacks because I spend most of the game analyzing the opponent as I play, but I've been working on trying to stay consistent throughout the game rather than at the end.

Do you enjoy the MW smash scene? The MW smash scene is the best, everybody is supercool and doesn't afraid of anything.
Answered in quote due to laziness.

XeroXen, who is this noob above me?
That would be my son, XeroXennie.

What game systems do you own?
I own (not counting retro systems), a Wii... and that's it. Counting old systems, I have a SNES, Genesis, N64, PS2, GBC, GBA, and that's it, my DS has gone missing D:

Xero; How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck if a Woodchuck could Chuck Norris?
That's illogical, Chuck Norris would equal an infinite amount of wood, which no Woodchuck could chuck.

xero ur thoughts on tl/mario in teams? TL/Mario? I have no idea, I've never even played a Toon Link!!! It seems like it could work out... kind've, mabye.

am i the cutest mario in the nation? You're ranked #1 on the Mario Cute Power Rankings.

your regular playstyle with mario? I typically force them to approach or put them in an undesirable position and punish with moves, if I'll see an opening I'll go for a small combo and retreat, rinse and repeat. It's pretty great, regardless of how basic it may sound.

how do you usually start off the match? Usually with a fireball of some kind... or a forward air!

which habits do you pick on when ur fighting in a tourney set? I'll notice defensive/offensive habits that the opponent has and change my defensive and offensive options accordingly, unless I'm really tired. Or, if I don't care, I will just keep falling for the same things! (Or if I don't know how to deal with it, in which case I'll keep testing ways around it.)
In quotes loooool

Facebook! And my good friend Javix, and of course right here on the Mario boards!

Xero, what is your least favorite character in Brawl to play as?
Pit. Pit. Pit. Pit. Lucas. Pit. Pit.

A lot of people have been dumbfounded by how much you seem to improve between tournaments. How do you do it? Not only do I practice with other people and practice my technical ability, but I also spend quite a bit of time analytically thinking about the game, whether it be through sheer speculation or by watching videos. I think the more exposure that a person has to the game, the better they will be, regardless of what kind of exposure.

Now that you have your license, will you come to Muncie and teach me Mario? Whenever I get a car and gas, I'll try!
In quote.

Going with a second barrage of questions, though the first hadn't been answered yet:

Are you considering going to the Showdown weekend after MLG? Honestly, it doesn't look like it at the moment unless I have leftover money, but if that's the case then I will!

I know you haven't played my Mario since Nope's in... January was it? What did you think of it (if you remember)? I don't remember much except that... well... I'm not even sure! I think I was finding openings and doing punishable things, but I can't remember very well.

What advice would you give to new or struggling Mario mains? Keep playing the game and try to find your own tricks. I, for one, took a vow not to watch any other videos of any other Marios because I wanted to develop my own style of play, and stuff. I still don't watch videos very often unless I critique them or it's a combo video or something.

Do you put in a lot of practice when you're on your own? When I'm on my own? I might do some WiFi, but before WiFi I ALWAYS practice tech skill against computers beforehand, and it usually helps out.

Who do you think are other solid or great Mario mains, if you pay attention to that? I think the other great Mario mains are Famous, KirinBlaze looks pretty solid, A2Z is pretty smart (I haven't seen vids though), and Boss... I guess (I'm pretty biased against Boss).

Why do you hate Mario dittos so much? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j27_uUU-ECM and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGpyjzFQPU&feature=related
In quotes!

Matt07

Smash Master
Favourite Mario game?
What kind of music do you like?
What kind of movies do you like?
What is something you think you could improve on with your Mario (if anything?)
What is something that you think makes your Mario more unique than others?

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
What's the single most ridiculous move/combo/whatever you've ever pulled off in Brawl with Mario?
What's the single most ridiculous move/combo/whatever you've ever pulled off in Brawl with anyone else?

Top Bottom