• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: Lil Gerald!

Javix

Smash Apprentice
Don't lie to these people. You want to know how he really gets better between tournaments?

1.Not playing the game most of the time.
2.FFA matches with custom stages and all items except dragoon

SKidd

Smash Master
Play me online?

Apparently I'm your son. So, did I inherit you're troll skills?
Also, XeroXennie is a gay name. It makes me sound like a woman.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Don't lie to these people. You want to know how he really gets better between tournaments?

1.Not playing the game most of the time.
2.FFA matches with custom stages and all items except dragoon
epic FTW. now thats how you train right there. Xero for president

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
How can you possibly be biased against Boss? His 08 Mario is better than 90% of our current Marios.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey guys, keep in mind that I still intend to use Mario in low tiers, which I am confident nobody will beat me in...except for other Mario users lol. I also will use Mario against Diddy, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong, and Ike in tournament. I will not let my effort with this character go to waste. I will prove that Mario can be amazing.

And that I won't give up on discovering things, teaching new players how to get better, etc.

The only question is...what tournaments am I even able to get to in the first place?

Oh yeah and I main Mario in Melee.

SKidd

Smash Master
I main Fox in Melee.
*****ezzzzzzzzz
also, who did boss and kirin switch to?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Boss has mained Luigi for forever, and I think Kirin might main Snake now?

I'll be answering questions after MLG, too busy these next few days.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
it makes me feel like caping -_-
Caping Lucas's PKfire doesn't produce any positive effect unless you're right next to them, in which case they wouldn't be PKfiring. He's also referencing a low tier tournament where we had a set that lasted nearly 2 hours and he spammed PK fire the whole time, it was really really really boring and frustrating.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-It's true than our kind is going to dissapear slowly, since the popularity of Mario among players isn't rising anymore...-

SKidd

Smash Master
You need a said Mario pic now.
The mad one scared me anyway o.o

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Favourite Mario game?
What kind of music do you like? I'm into anything awesome, really. I listen to some Japanese stuff and random video game music, too.
What kind of movies do you like? Usually comedies or some awesome sci-fi from time to time, I'm also a big fan of horrible movies, too.
What is something you think you could improve on with your Mario (if anything?) My decision making, I always do stupid things that get me punished, especially in friendlies when I'm messing around GO FORWARD AIR!
What is something that you think makes your Mario more unique than others? I'll do alot of risky things just for the fun of it, and I like messing around with different things to see what happens...

What's the single most ridiculous move/combo/whatever you've ever pulled off in Brawl with Mario? Honestly, I can't tell you. I've done too many awesome things. Perhaps maybe comboing Hilt off the stage to kill with a suicide up-b on accident, that was pretty funny I guess.
What's the single most ridiculous move/combo/whatever you've ever pulled off in Brawl with anyone else?
I don't ever use any other character, really.

rules of adapting? There are no rules really, you just get used to **** and make sure you don't get hit by the same thing... I guess it's paying attention? Sort've?

Did you know approaching SH fludd ***** mk? Really? Because that doesn't work when I try it.

how well are you with handling mario's tools? I didn't really ever use FLUDD before MLG, but I saw KirinBlaze using it in a different way and I started using it randomly to see what happens. I'm way better with the cape than I am the Fludd, though. Although I'm much better with every other move he has like UP-B!!!!!

your first win on a ranked player? how did it feel? I don't even remember my first win on a ranked player, I just know I've beaten quite a few. I guess it feels good, just like beating anybody else, really.

how do you punish and read rolls? Generally if people roll they have a habit of doing it, which can easily be read and punished. Plus, many characters have slow rolls that I can just as easily react to, except like Lucario and Metaknight.

Will hippiedude accept me as his long-lost brother?
Hippydude would accept anyone as his long-lost brother!!!

How can you possibly be biased against Boss? His 08 Mario is better than 90% of our current Marios.
Well, I saw Boss's Mario at MLG and I was unimpressed to say the least. I don't know, I've just never found Boss's Mario to be with the metagame, the only reason he can be considered "better" than other Marios is because he's a **** good player.

with boss,a2z,myself,kirin,box7 no longer maining mario who will step up with the tournament results?
Well, I guess every Mario wants to step up their tournament results, I know I'm just gonna keep going to tournaments and doing my best. If I don't run into MK I should do pretty well.

How do you feel about Lucas's Pk fire?
**** you Joey.

How do you feel about Lucario's aura?
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

How do you feel about Metaknight's Tornado?
I Fair'd a MK out of tornado... twice, in a row. Otherwise, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

What's the deal with airline food?
Well, you see airline food is very inexpensive and allows the airport to make loads of money off their cheap food that they sell to you. Even the "good" food is actually just overpriced **** that they sell in order t- I have no ****ing idea.

Xero, what's your opinion of all these 3-word nonsense posts in the interview thread?
I hate all of them.

do you think there can be potential for fludd in the future?
Sure, I've been messing around with it and it's been working out pretty well. I just need to play more with it. There's **** you can do with it, though.

Who did you end up playing in friendlies and MM's at MLG and what were the results?
Waaaaaaaaay too long for me to want to post, but I played KirinBlaze and that was pretty fun.

Firstly, grats at MLG, guys.

How was your first MLG experience?
Would you do it again?
MLG rocked, it was a great tournament (except for the seeding), and I'd definitely do it again.

Do you feel like you're underrated despite being one of the best Mario players?
I've always been "underrated" I guess, I've gotten used to it and stopped caring a long time ago.

When are going to stop being lazy and start answering your questions?
NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

do you think players who seriously do their research and train and find stuff like m2k does, will be the ones who can fight MK like a man?

when can u be cute as me???
Well, I'm sure somebody COULD be as good as M2K, the only thing is that they'd have to play a character just as good as his (MK) in order to actually beat him. M2K can combine the fact that he's an amazing player with the fact that he plays a broken as **** character, effectively making him able to beat anybody in the **** world at this game while sandbagging.

And I was cuter than you 7 years ago.

Do you think hippiedude is on helium?
Helium? I think you mean acid.

Top Bottom