• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mafia/Newbie 10! Game Over! Scum Wins!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Uber Mario/Glphh and I guess J: Some advice I will give you is that you should post a brief analysis of your thoughts on each player so far, in terms of the events that have occurred. Quote things that stick out to you as important or scummy (no need to quote everything). But from a re read you should be able to establish some thoughts on each of the players.

The sooner you do this the easier it will be for you to get into the discussion. Less than 120 or so posts is not too much to analyse anyway. If in doubt just have a go. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by telling us what you think (unless you're scum :p)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Acrostic: Yeah I had actually forgot about him too >.<. If anything, this makes me confident that at least one of you is town, reason being (WIFOM aside) that you would of thought of your scum buddy when mentioning inactives.
If X1 remembered to prod him because he hasn't posted for more than 72 hours would that make our moderator scum? :bee:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Nevermind, I thought yesterday was the 8th. Careless mistake on my part. :c

@Grump: I will get back to your post sometime tomorrow. I need to sleep. :embarrass:

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Grump: If Tery played the "noob card" so to speak (even if it was indirectly as in this case) in a regular game, he'd probably be lynched for it. I'm willing to give him a bit of leniency as he has already outlined (and I'll say I have seen him post around these boards before) that this style of mafia is not his cup of tea.

Despite this and my little town vibe I got for him, I'd lynch him right now in a heart beat over Grump/Acrostic/Ran because of how he's played. It is beneficial that we have moved on from pressuring Tery, as I didn't see it going anywhere (except for a Tery lynch) fast.

I'll be back in a few hours (it's 4.00pm here). So have fun kids.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
To hell with it, Grump I think that Vand is doing typical IC play. There is an experienced IC on mafiascum named Vel Rahn Koon who runs his games similar to Vand. I think that common scum tells are often similar on the surface to IC play. The irony right.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This started?!

But the title of the thread still says Confirmation Stage! What a world!

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Based off of everything I read, I got the worst vibe from Tery (who is a boy, for future reference)

His initial defense of "it'll just be your loss to kill me" seems ... ineffectual to me. You've all addressed it quite nicely, but I don't like how no one's still putting the heat on him.

And so I will. FOS: Tery

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
To hell with it, Grump I think that Vand is doing typical IC play. There is an experienced IC on mafiascum named Vel Rahn Koon who runs his games similar to Vand. I think that common scum tells are often similar on the surface to IC play. The irony right.
I'm just being a nice guy tis all :awesome:

Skimming? From Vandy?

Do you or J want to tell the newbies why Skimming is bad or should I?

Unvote,

Vote: Vanderzant
R U Serious? How can I skim if X1 sneakily changes the OP.

Seph, you should no better than to try and take little chips at people like that, omgus.

Unvote Vote Seph

Let's get a seph wagon going guys, I think it'll be good. I have enough chocolate bars and sweets to go round for everyone.

So far, all Seph has done is
1. RVS tery/J
2. Talk about WIFOM and
3. Vote me for bad reasoning

@Glyph I see you posting, join me!

This started?!

But the title of the thread still says Confirmation Stage! What a world!
I blame our mod. Hasn't even done a vote count yet, sheesh.

Based off of everything I read, I got the worst vibe from Tery (who is a boy, for future reference)

His initial defense of "it'll just be your loss to kill me" seems ... ineffectual to me. You've all addressed it quite nicely, but I don't like how no one's still putting the heat on him.

And so I will. FOS: Tery
Why just the FOS ("finger of suspicion" in case people are wondering!) and no vote? While FOS's are ok, you should totally vote instead. Then it'll show up in the vote count. Also, what do you think of Grump/Ran/Acrostic so far?

I'll wait for Uber/J to post and then I'll get some reads up.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
@Van: Honestly, I think the MOD may be mafia! Discretely editing posts, no putting up vote counts, it REEKS of scummy scum.

On a real note if Tery flipped scum (assuming he was lynched, of course), I would feel slightly leery of you (for trying to draw attention off of him twice, as quoted above). If YOU flipped scum though, I really wouldn't have any reads. Nobody has stood up to defend you yet that I've noticed.

If Terry is town, then I'm pretty sure that Ubermario is town as well. He's [Ubermario] done some light prodding that COULD be interpreted as scum-to-scum buddying, but he hasn't tried to pinpoint any blame like a scum would to a townie. I'd need to watch the two more closely though to get anything concrete.

Also, what was with that little spazz attack? o.O You just got a huge bump up the scummy chart.

Vote: Vanderzant

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sure, that's what Uber would want you to think, if they were scummy. But they seem ok.

But, then again, you seem a little scummy for addressing that, Grump. FOS: Grump Scum would be likeyly to point out to others.

unvote

Acrostic hasn't really done anything that should be put under the radar. But he and Grump are being wary of Van, so this is something to FOS: Acrostic as well.

But.... why does Vanny want Glyph to vote instead of using finger of suspicion? Can Acrostic and Grump be right?

I see Van is quick to vote Sephy now, for simply the same reason I did.

I'm not voting anyone yet.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP

Btw I forgot to add that I FOS: Van more than Acrostic and Grump. They seem ok now when it comes to Van.

I'm not selective. I'm keeping an eye out.

Vote: No lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP

Vote: No Lynch

I apologize, newbie mistake yet again.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Acrostic/Grump: If Tery flipped scum who would you be suspicious of? What if he's town?
I'm not quite sure. I thought that harassing Terry was to simply get him involved. Then again his vote went all the way up to three votes which means that if two more people voted, then he would have gotten lynched. Especially if those two people were both mafia members. I think that the most important thing to consider is to see who was the one who put Terry at a three vote discrepancy in RVS and who was the one who removed Terry from the tipping point.

I don't believe that we can judge Terry at the moment because he's still getting acclimated to the game and has his own play style. He even stated this in the Super Mario thread that the mafia we play in Decisive Games is of different nature than the one he played in the past. I speculate that he plays a similar style mafia game to the one I first played which had quick day actions (24 hours) and consequently rapid cross-fire with little to no post analysis. If Terry flipped scum then I'm not sure who I would suspect as he doesn't seem to have made any other posts than the ones about himself. If Terry flipped town then I would be suspicious of Sephiroth who pushed Terry to the tipping point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, but WHO voted Tery? I'm sure Sephi dropped his vote in changing to Van. Vanny did want Glyph to vote instead of using FOS.

True, but we would like him to post a little bit more so he can further the discussion.

Yet, Uber stated he was observing, so shouldn't he post to delegate his new findings?

He is being too quiet, we don't know what faction he can be in. We can be too late if he is evil.

I'm sure Seph was only trying to pressure him, RANDOM voting as you should in this stage.

but Tery DID get a little iffy from that.

Where is J? Uber? Tery? What are your speculations?

Of me, Acrostic, Van, Seph, and Glyph?

Right now, I'm going to try to get Uber to say something, no heat is being on him.

Glyph did give some to Tery, now I, will heat up Uber.

Vote: Uber

For being too observant. Now what do you say to that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP

Unvote Vote: Uber (since I voted no lynch, gee I need to get better at this haha)

Observe this. :p I just want to see what you say.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
R U Serious? How can I skim if X1 sneakily changes the OP.

Seph, you should no better than to try and take little chips at people like that, omgus.

Unvote Vote Seph

Let's get a seph wagon going guys, I think it'll be good. I have enough chocolate bars and sweets to go round for everyone.

So far, all Seph has done is
1. RVS tery/J
2. Talk about WIFOM and
3. Vote me for bad reasoning
Was this supposed to be an OMGUS vote to make all of town on you, or is this really your stance? I have a hard time believing it is.

My vote stays.

UberMario

Smash Master
EBWOP

Unvote Vote: Uber (since I voted no lynch, gee I need to get better at this haha)

Observe this. :p I just want to see what you say.
What exactly did I do to deserve that? lol

And Vanderzant seems pretty suspicious, I'm going to:

But, I'm going to keep an eye on him. The way he types seems . . . . different.

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, what info have you gathered so far? :)
Well, I like this a lot more than I thought I would, and the only person so far that seems suspicious I already spoke about, though Tery's posts on page 10 seem pretty strange too . . . ..

X1-12

Smash Champion
Ranmaru's #82 has been un-edited by a mod, it now has the original content

UberMario (1) Ranmaru
Vanderzant (2) Seph, Grump
Seph (1) Vand
No Lynch (2) Terywj, UberMario

Not voting (3) Acrostic, Glyph, J

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Again if I apologize if I'm not "taking the heat" well? Bear with me as I pickup the ropes of SWF DGames Mafia.

I have no accusations at this point. I'll assess some certain posts and make some sort of evaluations.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What exactly did I do to deserve that? lol

And Vanderzant seems pretty suspicious, I'm going to:

But, I'm going to keep an eye on him. The way he types seems . . . . different.
Nothing I'm just trying to draw you out from your observation stance lol. : ]

Unvote Vote: No Lynch

The way he types? Different in what way?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I guess so. Three people already think he is sort of taking advantage of his position, but should we think that?

I think we should also take his advice too, but then again, I still won't forget that he would rather have Glyph vote Tery instead of just giving Fingers of Suspicion.

That's all that needs to be noted now.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You do realise that you don't have to always have a vote on something right? So when you "Unvote", you don't have to vote, "No Lynch". No Lynch is the worst move town can make, it's more of a fall back plan in mylo. (mylo means mislynch and lose). I strongly suggest everyone that's on the "No Lynch" option to Unvote now.

jPSI

J|rPSI
Heyas I am so sorry do to this to you X1 and to all of you guys must I must replace out. Sorry but V/LA got even stricter ;_;

*this is J btw*

/Replace Out

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True, I guess town should try to get something done.

I unvote

M.K

Level 55
Hello everyone. I'm replacing in for J. Allow me to reread this thread before starting. J has extended his V/LA status (V/LA - Vacation / Limited Access. Players claim "V/LA" if they will not have time to play in their games and/or will be absent for a little bit of time), so I'll be taking over.

Please note that I am technically the same player as J. I will be completely replacing his role and everything.

M.K

Level 55
Alright so reading through Page 2:
-Newbies : Do not take so harshly to RVS votes. I know I made the same mistake in my very first game when I got flustered that a wagon built on me during RVS stage. It's not serious, therefore, you can't make serious accusations back at the player voting for you. It's like receiving a compliment, then getting insulted by it. Nobody takes it seriously, cuz it's like throwing a dart at a target while blindfolded, half-drunk, and sitting on Vand's shoulders (he's wobbly, [scumtell {just kidding}]).

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ Seph: You never answered my question about why you decided to put Terry on the tipping point.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Tery there's just something about the way you post that screams scum to me.

Like how that question wasn't even close to being directed at you, or even all that incriminating. And yet you still rushed in and answered the question. Could just be you being helpful, could just be you being scum.

I'm staying with my FOS until I see something a bit more concrete, but until then I do plan to keep the pressure on you.

Top Bottom