• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mafia/Newbie 10! Game Over! Scum Wins!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The only thing I can think of is that you don't like how I voted Tery to L-2. And that I'm going after you. Can you tell me why your focusing on me?
What does it mean that you voted me to L-2?

No Tery you're doing it wrong :)

You just use the command 'Unvote' in bold.

Don't use 'no lynch' or 'no vote' :)
God I suck at this. :c

Unvote

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's ok Tery! I messed up myself. : ]

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Seph:

So far, all Seph has done is
1. RVS tery/J
2. Talk about WIFOM and
3. Vote me for bad reasoning
tl;dr: You were continuing RVS without scum hunting. Unless you thought that randomly voting me for a weird reason was scum hunting.... and in that case:

Why'd you vote me as opposed to someone else?
You said that you weren't serious with the skimming explanation, so did you find me suspicious and for what reasons?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Sephiroth: You voted vanderzant to see how he would respond. Yet you have not removed your vote.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Tery

The terms "L-1 or L-2 or L-3 represent how far away a person is away from a lynch. Earlier on, you had 3 votes on you, so you were at L-2. Which means it would of taken 2 more votes to lynch you.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Seph:

tl;dr: You were continuing RVS without scum hunting. Unless you thought that randomly voting me for a weird reason was scum hunting.... and in that case:

Why'd you vote me as opposed to someone else?
You said that you weren't serious with the skimming explanation, so did you find me suspicious and for what reasons?
One reason is because your an active memeber in the thread opposed to those who wouldn't answer right away. Another is because an IC, although it's been talked about, there's a great chance that either you or the other IC is a mafia member. It's small but should not be overlooked.

@Sephiroth: You voted vanderzant to see how he would respond. Yet you have not removed your vote.
What do you think that means?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tery, who do you suspect is mafia? and why?

from this list:

me
van
seph
Acrostic
Uber
Glyph
Meta-Kirby (can't say much because he didn't say much)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'd like to think neither of the experienced players are Mafia. If they were this game would be pretty inbalanced, but since Mafia roles are generated on random or should be it's not safe to assume things.

Simply because of the opening stages I don't really know. And even if I did it would simply be through some gut feeling and no conclsuive evidence because nobody has any conclusive evidence at this point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vanny did say that he could be saying those things either being scum or town, because we still are new to the game.

So if an experience player was town, he would still be able to help us and himself, but then again

He says talking about this like this is WIFOM. But, I just can't say YOU ARE SCUM outright because that is Bias.

I need both sides. :3

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Vanderzant: Vanderzant how did you feel about Sephiroth before I pitched in my opinions? What were these opinions based on? How do you feel about other players? Who do you think is the next suspect if/if not Sephiroth flips scum. Please answer these as honestly and completely as possible.

@Ranmaru & Terywj: How much consideration have you actually put into this game? From a scale of 1-10, how much attention have you put in so far? Have you read the thread once through from beginning to end? When is conclusive evidence available in a mafia game? Are you putting up a no vote because you are afraid of being wrong? Are you putting up a no vote because you feel like you've put in no effort? Curious why you feel this way. Also if you put up a no vote, do you feel that this takes the responsibility of a lynch off your shoulders?

@Meta-Kirby: Meta-Kirby. What are your opinions of vanderzant, do you think that his play seems scumish? Any other comments you would like to contribute?

@Grump: How do you feel about Sephiroth? Does he seems like scum to you? Do you believe that taking someone to L-2 is a suspicious move? Do you believe that it was purely coincidence that you voted for the sample people twice so far?

@Glyph: How do you feel about Ranmaru & Terywj? Do you feel that Terywj is more suspicious person than Sephiroth and/or vanderzant? If it comes down to lynch would you switch votes and if so, who would you vote out?

@Sephiroth: How would you describe your play thus far? Why do you think that ICs have a higher chance of being mafia compared to everyone else, especially when the moderator said that he is using a random process to decide rolls? If you are going to be lynched what preventive measures would you take in order to prevent town from committing a miss lynch? From a scale of 1-10, how much attention have you put in so far? Have you read the thread once through from beginning to end? How do you feel about Ranmaru/Terywj?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
@Ranmaru & Terywj: How much consideration have you actually put into this game? From a scale of 1-10, how much attention have you put in so far? Have you read the thread once through from beginning to end? When is conclusive evidence available in a mafia game? Are you putting up a no vote because you are afraid of being wrong? Are you putting up a no vote because you feel like you've put in no effort? Curious why you feel this way. Also if you put up a no vote, do you feel that this takes the responsibility of a lynch off your shoulders?
Yes I have read through the whole thread. I was there waiting for people to confirm their roles and am still here now. Conclusive evidence or some facts to go off on of any kind are better than having none at all and just pointing the finger, but I suppose that's how I've been conditioned. I am putting up no vote because I simply have no clue. With most games I would get "a feeling", but in this game I honestly don't, and I've stated my inaccurate assumptions earlier in this thread. I am not putting up no vote in an attempt to relieve the responsibility of a lynch. The way the game seems now, I will be lynched. If I vote for someone else out of hotheadedness in an attempt to prevent my lynching that merely makes me more suspicious - a pointless action to do.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sadly, I think it's like smash. We must either approach, or back up. You'd be just as liable if you don't vote.

Although I will vote, only when I feel when it's right. Like people in trial for a crime, the system has to go slow so that there is time so he can proove himself innocent.

Only thing that REALLY happened so far is an innocent has died.

But, we have no evidence, just discussion. We'll find out. But, I'm not worried, but I'm not quick to vote someone off, but I will note things.

I have been reading the whole thread, have you followed what I said?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I try, but sometimes your posts are really incoherent. I ignore them because I don't understand what you are trying to get at sometimes. Thus far, you seem to be very unfocused and have no goals or targets in this game. It makes it hard to determine why you post certain comments and whether you are worth paying attention to or not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You mean you are trying to find something for which you can blame me with, that is correct?

Well tell me, Acrostic, what is your goal in this game?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You mean you are trying to find something for which you can blame me with, that is correct? Well tell me, Acrostic, what is your goal in this game?
Well, I want to know if you have plans. Everyone should have a plan in this game whether it be mafia or town. If you want to be an asset, then you should also consider the future and the idea that people have motives that they want to achieve using different methods. I'm not asking you to tell me your plans or even trying to implicate you on them. I just want you to think about what might happen in this game and how you will advance the game to tip the favor toward the balance of the town.

I have achieved a few goals thus far. The first thing I have done is to give reference to my character in case I need to claim my role in the future and someone has a competing claim. The second thing I have done is to establish a target and to see how that will pan out if the target is mafia or not. I might be wrong. And if so then I have several other paths that can be followed. Then again I may be right. And if so then I have another person to uncover. These are just a couple of considerations I have made thus far and hope that you consider thinking about as well with the intention of having town win the game. I don't need to know the specifics. I just wanted to make sure that you guys were thinking about this game prospectively rather than only focus on thinking about this from a retrospective view point.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Acrostic: I wasn't really suspicous of Seph until he did that misplaced vote on me. If anything, I didn't mind his early RVS play but he didn't improve on it. As for others:

Ranamru: He confuses me somewhat, but I like his activity and attempt to get into the game feels legitimate. I am flipping a lot with his alignment though... I'm fine with him for another day at least but he needs to "scum hunt" more.

Glyph: Need to see more from, has been fairly quiet. His push on Tery seems justified, if a little easy. But is a play if no more content is produced.

Terywj: Need to see more, I'm leaning town off of vibes but it's hard to tell if I'm seeing NewTown or NewScum. His approach to the game throws me a curve ball. I'm interested to see what MK thinks of him, as I assume they may know each other, because I think they both frequent the poke centre forums. I'm interested to see where he'll run with some concrete evidence behind him (i.e. a flip) but that's not an excuse for him not being a play obviously.

Grump: So far I am at a null/slightly scummy read on Grump. He seems to have his wits about him, but I haven't felt many obvtown vibes from him so far. Only thing I haven't liked is his vote on myself (not actually the vote, but the fact that he didn't question my reasoning for voting Seph, or consider why I was voting Seph). Possibly defending Seph for an unknown reason. I don't know if he'd do that as town, I wouldn't expect scum to so blatantly defend there buddy, but its possible. Possible lynch candidate, probably the only real scum tell I've picked up this game.

Sephiroths Masamune: Has so far avoided scum hunting and tried to continue RVS. Putting Tery at L-2 seems like an opportunistic attempt to get on a wagon. I need to see more from him before I can fully judge though. I've seen his day 1 scum play before (and quite frankly it's bad) but he seems to be a bit better here (if anything). I want MK's thoughts on him before lynching because MK probably knows how he plays better than I do.

And UberMario/MK haven't really posted at all.

If I had to lynch someone based off of scuminess... right now I'd probably go with Grump. But an UberMario lynch is probably best at this stage. I think we should eventually wagon him, and if he doesn't start to play we lynch him. We can't possibly know his alignment if he isn't posting, so we have to either 1. force him to play or 2. lynch him and hope he's scum. Not a great situation, but something we have to consider. Of course, we could do the same to MK, but I know MK will catch up regardless of alignment.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Yes I have read through the whole thread. I was there waiting for people to confirm their roles and am still here now. Conclusive evidence or some facts to go off on of any kind are better than having none at all and just pointing the finger, but I suppose that's how I've been conditioned. I am putting up no vote because I simply have no clue. With most games I would get "a feeling", but in this game I honestly don't, and I've stated my inaccurate assumptions earlier in this thread. I am not putting up no vote in an attempt to relieve the responsibility of a lynch. The way the game seems now, I will be lynched. If I vote for someone else out of hotheadedness in an attempt to prevent my lynching that merely makes me more suspicious - a pointless action to do.
Thank you for the typed out response. To throw a hypothetical situation out there, if the vote came down to a 4-4 split would you break the vote before the day ended? Why don't you try pressuring other players via questions or votes? Are you interesting in getting that "feeling" or are you kind of "meh" right now.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I will now take this post to introduce the concept of "meta data