• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

BSP

Smash Legend
I want to see them bring back punching, that was a cool feature exclusive to one, non-single-player, mode of Mario Kart: Double Dash!! :urg:
QFT. It's a shame you couldn't punch when you were alone. I would always beg my friend to do co op so we could punch everyone.

I still think they should bring specials back. None of the ones in DD were too OP'd. I want my Giant Banana back!

UberMario

Smash Master
The only "special" that was overpowered was Petey's and Boo's, and that's because the developers decided to give them ALL the specials. >_>;

The Egg was probably my favorite special item, I'd get it all the time in the lead and purposely throw it so I could pick up either a mushroom or a star that spawned from it's breaking.

BSP

Smash Legend
The only "special" that was overpowered was Petey's and Boo's, and that's because the developers decided to give them ALL the specials. >_>;
That's true, but the specials themselves really aren't that overpowered anyway. All of the defensive specials like Chain Chomp and Golden Mushroom are rivaled pretty well by the Starman and Lightning bolt (plus the star is invincibiltiy, while CC is countered fairly easily, and you can be hit even with G. mushroom). Since none of the offensive specials will get you a huge lead (thanks to MK DD'S balanced blue shell), they're not too OP'd either.

UberMario

Smash Master
lol The blue shell has the best accuracy in MK:DD, but yeah, the rarity of it in DD was definitely great. One a race is ok, four is not (like recently). >_<

Thino

Smash Master
idk , DD blue shell has some pain hitting vehicles with low traction while they miniboost *cough* barrel train *cough*

personally when playing offline with friends being MKDD or MKW we always have items on frantic cuz we like bull**** and totally hectic races , so I'm personally used to blue shells being pretty common lol

UberMario

Smash Master
Those kind of races are fun when no points are on the line, but when it gets ridiculous online and you lose points for something you can't control it gets frustrating, especially if you get 1/10th the amount of points for winning than you lose for placing 6th or lower.

The points thing is more notable in Mario Kart Wii because it's kind of easy to dodge Blue Shells in Mario Kart DS and you actually have "real" points in MKDS, so it's usually not as big of a deal.

UberMario

Smash Master
Let me see . . . . .

After first question:
Hmm, this dude is pretty into Mario Kart, I better read more.

Second:
"Which is your favorite, and why?"
"Mario Kart Super Circuit"

ZOMG Instant coolness!

On a more serious note (not that you liking MKSC the most isn't cool. I'm in that same group of Super Circuit lovers), that interview is making me consider looking back into Double Dash, I used to not treat it as overly skillful due to it having the [next-to-Mario Kart Wii] simplest track designs on average, but maybe I overlooked the item and character strategy aspects of the game.

I wish I could have played you before on MKDS, you sound really good.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Anyone try the arcade versions of Mario Kart? I've only tried the 1st.

UberMario

Smash Master
I've played the first one, the game system's item button was broken though, so I had to win without using items, unfortunately most of the bonus rounds to unlock stuff required items, so I was kind of screwed there.

It's suprisingly similar to Double Dash, in fact I think a good amount of the graphics are from that game.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Isn't pacman in the arcade games? I really want to try it out and see how it is D:

Having non-mario characters in a mario game may seem like a bad idea but I think it would be pretty awesome if Nintendo included 1 or 2 bonus characters. I think Sonic would be a pretty good choice but other characters would be fine as well.

M.K

Level 55
I was on a cruise ship with the Mario Kart Arcade Games. They were truly awesome. I loved the Pac-Man course!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Isn't pacman in the arcade games? I really want to try it out and see how it is D:

Having non-mario characters in a mario game may seem like a bad idea but I think it would be pretty awesome if Nintendo included 1 or 2 bonus characters. I think Sonic would be a pretty good choice but other characters would be fine as well.
Again, Sonic doesn't need a kart. See Sonic R :p

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic has a kart in some games so it'll be fair competition. Of course, if he races Falcon, he should just run then.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
"Which is your favorite, and why?"
"Mario Kart Super Circuit"

ZOMG Instant coolness!
Haha, that game is super underrated :) Glad to see more fans who know what's up.

Hmm, I kinda feel like getting into MarioKart Wii again. Mariokart64 forums had some pretty lolful online tourneys.

UberMario

Smash Master
Sonic has a kart in some games so it'll be fair competition. Of course, if he races Falcon, he should just run then.
Yep, I think there are three, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, and Sonic & Sega All-Stars racing.

*unrelated*

I was playing Mario Kart 64 the other day and I realized how easy it is to snake in that game, you can actually snake through narrow straights like on Choco Mountain and Mario Raceway pretty well with all the characters and get mini-turbos within <1.5 seconds, although there is a chance that you will end up spinning out while snaking on 150cc.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I always wanted to see a Super Smash Bros type racing game. Captain Falcon would win all the time.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Hey all, I am hosting a mario kart wii tournament and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for rule set.

Thino

Smash Master
Hey all, I am hosting a mario kart wii tournament and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for rule set.
free track choice , no repeat
all tracks allowed
all characters allowed
no glitching ( GV , WGM , MG )
no going backwards to annoy ppl in first

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Pictures, of Mario Kart 3DS in the original post. :)
Although I found most of Nintendo’s E3 presentation underwhelming I have to admit that I’m excited about Mario Kart 3DS. The only thing that upsets me is that Nintendo keeps releasing these new systems all the time; don’t they realize that it’s a recession and people are strapped for extra cash?

The whole DS line has gotten out of hand since it seems Nintendo keeps updating the console every 18 months. WTF?! :mad:

Nintendo DS – This is the only one I own and I purchased it just to play Mario Kart DS
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
And now the 3DS :urg:

UberMario

Smash Master
Actually, the DS is the longest lived Nintendo system since the Game Boy. It's been out for about 6 years and will still have about half-a-year to a year to go before the 3DS replaces it. (The 3DS is a totally new system, it will have a joystick and very improved graphics, plus three cameras (two for binocular vision to create 3D images and another facing the holder of the 3DS).

DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL are basically DS remakes, not new systems.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I agree with Uber. I still have the original DS, although the color is screwed up sometimes.

UberMario

Smash Master
I want to know why no one has uploaded a video of the tech demo to Youtube yet. :mad:

Several places are mentioning that they have an auto-running demo that shows Mario Kart 3DS in action (with just the two bros) and one of the things they mentioned was that the drivers glare at each other as they pass. I want to see what they mean. (Also, it seems stunts are back, if you notice Mario is holding up his hand while standing on his kart in the pipe-filled shot). I sure hope this is more like MKDS than MKWii . . . .

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Put Pauline and Cranky Kong in this new MK game as secret characters.

PLEASE put Pauline and Cranky Kong in this new MK game as secret characters.

A_man13

Smash Master
As long as Bowser Jr is in it, I'm fine with whatever and whoever they throw in there (though no Lubba. Please no Lubba).

...though cranky kong would be awesome. I wanna see how the self declared video game expert races.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
There likely going to be putting in a lot of characters with Bowser Jr. almost being guaranteed. Man I want this game. With even better online features then the DS, I can't wait to play this game for hours online.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
So if a Nintendo 3DS costs 150 bucks you’re gonna buy it to play the new Mario Kart?

Since I hardly touch my original DS anymore I can’t justify spending that kind of money on another handheld especially if it’s just to play one game.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I never said this was the only game I was going to play. I've spent hours playing my DS so naturally, I plan on buying the 3DS. Especially considering it has an amazing line up.

UberMario

Smash Master
Actually, I might get it just because of MK3DS at first (like I did with the DS, GBA and even N64), but that's not the only game I'll get, Paper Mario, OoT, Nintendogs & Cats are catching my eye too, plus the liklihood of a 3DS VC.

BSP

Smash Legend
My only problem with the DS is that my router is strange. I have to change and mess with a lot of configurations for the Wii to be able to connect, and when the Wii can connect, my DS can't connect to friends. If I change anything, my wii can't connect lol.

I'll still probably get the new mario kart anyway though.

A_man13

Smash Master
There likely going to be putting in a lot of characters with Bowser Jr. almost being guaranteed. Man I want this game. With even better online features then the DS, I can't wait to play this game for hours online.
I know it was gonna happen.

Has Nintendo introduced many new Characters in the past few main canon games that would be fit to be racing? I can think of Lubba and the Kooplings; that's it. Galaxy and NSMB introduced Dry Bowser and Rosalina, but Galaxy 2 and NSMBWii doesn't have any huge notables besides those mentioned. The only halfway reasonable character that we might see would be Fawful, and even that is a stretch.

And yeah, the wifi will be amazing.

One other question I just thought of; who will be making the super surprise Cameo this time? I mean, DS had ROB and Wii had the Blue Falcon. I might be crazy, but I might be seeing a trend.

Top Bottom