• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

UberMario

Smash Master
Bullet Bill really needs to go, the only reason it was included in Mario Kart DS was because the game would have a difficult time processing the Chain Chomp's, the chain, and the kart being towed around.

The Bullet Bill doesn't really make sense as an item anyway, I can understand if you were riding it, but turning into it? What the heck? And the Thunder Cloud should also not be an "automatic" item if it does indeed comeback as it was in MKWii and not MKAGP, if I'm going to be screwed by an item that's almost useless when by yourself at least let me save it for when it could actually help me cut corners or pass people before the finish . . . . . but I'd rather it be banned altogether since I doubt they'll revert it to the Arcade variant that actually had a use . . . .

UberMario

Smash Master
Mariokart3ds has nice graphics for a ds system.
That's because the 3DS is NOT the DS. It's a brand new system. The capacity of the 3DS is more akin to a Gamecube or Wii, whereas the DS is only about as capable as a N64 with an expansion pak.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I played MKWii for the first time in months.

However, the disc is so badly scratched up that I couldn't play on wifi. And when I tried playing wifi on Mario kart Channel, it worked for a while, but I could only use the Wiimote because of the channel.

I need a new disc so I can use my GC controller. I want to see if I can beat previous record of 2:13 on Delfino Square ;_;

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Since I found my DS I was excited to start playing Mario Kart DS again, albeit not being able to go online due to lack of WiFi.

Then I remembered my L and R buttons are broken. :urg:

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, at least you can use X to shoot items, you're screwed when it comes to powersliding though . . . . . .

Patinator

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about this a little bit... I'd kind of like to see special items from MK:DD!! come back, but make them all about the same power, making them fit a range of like 12th through, oh, 4th place. Getting Bowser Shells and Fireballs in 1st place is a bit much. :laugh:

I'd kind of like to see bikes come back, but make them more on-par with karts... or vice-versa, I suppose. And also pre-MKW power sliding. >_>

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If they could balance Karts more. Giving them more boosts or something would help.
Or nerf Bikes a bit, like on wheelying or something.

Those unique items should come back. I support that notion as well. Chain Chomp was pretty cool. :3

Patinator

Smash Champion
If they could balance Karts more. Giving them more boosts or something would help.
Or nerf Bikes a bit, like on wheelying or something.

Those unique items should come back. I support that notion as well. Chain Chomp was pretty cool. :3
Yay, I came up with an idea somebody agrees with. :laugh:

I think the Karts ought to have faster and maybe longer boosts, m'self...

We'll see. I suppose the designers would have some difficulty coming up with special items for some characters (Rosalina, for example)... For a lot of characters I could see returning, they'd already have them in MK:DD.

UberMario

Smash Master
If the karts had their older [MK64, MKDD, MKDS] mini-turbo back it would easily counter the wheelies, but they HAD to give us a mini-turbo which takes a 90* turn to create. I could create 2-3 in that span in the aforementioned games.

Thino

Smash Master
ok, great, thanks.
i suppose i should elaborate:
i'm organizing a tournament for my school's videogames club.
we play during
we'll have 1 or two wiis at most.
probably no online capability.
oh sorry , I directly assumed it was online

you can do it bracket style with 4 players per round , 2 players for the final
-2 players advance to next round
-all 32 tracks
-any vehicle and character
-150cc
-no glitching/hacking

offline competitive MKW isnt really popular so I made these up cuz I think those would work out best

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Wow. I suddenly feel compelled to play MKW again, but it'd be sweet if we could get some people in here to do a small tournament. :3

BSP

Smash Legend
My friends and I played on a laptop and got exponential boost for lag compensation for lag that didn't exist lol

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Wow. I suddenly feel compelled to play MKW again, but it'd be sweet if we could get some people in here to do a small tournament. :3
Has this site ever held a MKWii tourney?

Yink and anyone else vm me your FC, I want to race people from this site :3

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart DS lately :p
Dry Bones pwns.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I assumed this would be the best place to ask this-

With karts (which I know are crap compared to bikes) I just wanted to know if there was any ever advantage with going auto over manual. Thanks in advance.

Thino

Smash Master
Ok, so there's no kart which benfits from auto in general?
the only karts that when used in auto are almost on par with their manual counterpart are Blue Falcon , Sprinter/MK B Dasher and Aero Glider/Jetsetter

because when used in manual , they have poor handling which causes them to take curves really outside and their miniturbo takes long to charge up.

the rest of the 5 karts for each of the 3 weight classes have a definitive handicap when used in auto.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah...automatic just doesn't seem like that great a feature to me. In all the previous (I think) Mario Kart games you just had the regular one standard option...which was to do drive yourself ;)

UberMario

Smash Master
I don't really know why they bothered making an automatic when they made the "manual" powerslide work automatically anyway.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ehh, I'm a manual. I'd rather drift than turn and it drifts for me :ohwell:

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
of all the ppl who play MK64 near me... I'm the champion... xD I actually have a first place gold medal of Mario Kart 64
:D

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'd do it. I'm not as good as I was a year or two ago but it'd be fun.

Celestrian_Guardian

Smash Rookie
mario kart DS is great though i hope that there will be a 200cc mode at the 3ds game 150cc is too easy for me (got 3-star ranks on ALL cups)
timetrails are too easy also i have defeated all expert ghost datas (some with 3 sec)

and rosalina has to be on mk3ds (hopefully...)

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
I think that'd be way fun. Do most people here usually do MKW stuff?
And should we just start one here or start a new thread?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
We haven't had a MKW tourney yet but I would definitely join if we did. I think that, if Yink or anyone else wants to start it, the first thing we should do is check if we have enough people willing to join in before creating a thread for it.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
We haven't had a MKW tourney yet but I would definitely join if we did. I think that, if Yink or anyone else wants to start it, the first thing we should do is check if we have enough people willing to join in before creating a thread for it.
Online tournament? :)

I haven't played with anyone from here in about 2 years lol.

Wouldn't mind helping organising it if it was online. I used to update the MKWii thread for a long while.

Thino

Smash Master
I'm still up for organizing one in January , since that's when I'll be back from holidays

but I'm still wondering if I should host it separated from the monthlies I do on Mariokartwii.com , or if I should merge it since there's usually many entrants therefore its more fun

u guys tell me

Top Bottom